PDA

View Full Version : Governor Moonbeam cites Egypt as need for tax increases

SoonerNate
2/2/2011, 03:20 AM
LMAO @ California

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/california-politics/2011/01/state-of-the-state-brown-cites-unrest-in-egypt-to-make-his-case-for-budget-vote.html

Citing the pro-democracy unrest in Egypt and Tunisia, Gov. Jerry Brown called it “unconscionable” that GOP legislators are vowing to block his attempt to ask voters to extend tax hikes to balance the budget.

soonercruiser
2/2/2011, 02:09 PM
Rule #3 of the Left...
Never let even a foreign crisis go unused.
Kal-E-Fo-Knee-A is getting what they asked for.

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 03:06 PM
Where is the Terminator when we need him?

okie52
2/2/2011, 03:07 PM

He had his fill of "Girly Men".

soonercruiser
2/2/2011, 07:29 PM

Sorry! But AROULD became a "girly man" himself while in office.
(I think his wife "cut him off" when he enterd office confrontationally.)

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry! But AROULD became a "girly man" himself while in office.
(I think his wife "cut him off" when he enterd office confrontationally.)

Only because Hawaii wouldn't issue him a birth certificate.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/2/2011, 08:18 PM
Do you believe the people should not have the right to vote a tax increase on themselves?

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 08:19 PM
What People?

soonercruiser
2/2/2011, 09:15 PM
Only because Hawaii wouldn't issue him a birth certificate.

DEEEEEP down, I gonna bet (agree?) that he wished he could have...
That's all we needed; two rookies in a row!

soonercruiser
2/2/2011, 09:18 PM
Do you believe the people should not have the right to vote a tax increase on themselves?

Who you asking?

Me, I believe that California should live with it's own problems and debt!
Nice place to visit, though. People get the government they deserve.

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 09:18 PM
DEEEEEP down, I gonna bet (agree?) that he wished he could have...
That's all we needed; two rookies in a row!

Don't worry....once Cheney gets his new heart....he'll be ready for 8 years. I just wonder if Sarah will get to tag along for WWIII.

REDREX
2/2/2011, 09:27 PM
Jerry is just hoping the Med Flies don't come back

SanJoaquinSooner
2/2/2011, 09:40 PM
What People?

The citizens of California. That is what Gov Brown is talking about. The pubs are wanting to block a ballot initative to extend a sales tax hike that is about to expire. Brown says let the people decide, not the politicians. And obviously a sales tax is not soaking the rich.

SoonerNate
2/3/2011, 12:11 AM
The citizens of California. That is what Gov Brown is talking about. The pubs are wanting to block a ballot initative to extend a sales tax hike that is about to expire. Brown says let the people decide, not the politicians. And obviously a sales tax is not soaking the rich.

So what does this have to do with Egypt?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/3/2011, 01:18 AM
So what does this have to do with Egypt?

Power to the people.

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2011, 01:28 AM
Brown says let the people decide, not the politicians, or otherwise the people will rise up violently.

FIFY

SanJoaquinSooner
2/3/2011, 01:35 AM
FIFY

Well both you and the editor who wrote the headline to the article want to suggest that, but Gov Brown didn't. He didn't say or imply blocking the vote on the tax extension will lead to violence.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 01:41 AM
Theres what,3 posters here that live there. Let them argue about Ca. problems and loonies . what the **** does it matter to us that live here in OK.?

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2011, 01:43 AM
Well both you and the editor who wrote the headline to the article want to suggest that, but Gov Brown didn't. He didn't say or imply blocking the vote on the tax extension will lead to violence.

Sure, but comparing your own desire to put a tax referendum on the ballot to a violence-ridden overthrow in Egypt is a bit much.

As far as Jerry Brown goes, I hope you Californians kept the receipt.

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2011, 01:44 AM
Theres what,3 posters here that live there. Let them argue about Ca. problems and loonies . what the **** does it matter to us that live here in OK.?

Should we change the name to SoonerFansInOklahoma.com?

Yes, you would probably be in favor of that. :D

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 01:46 AM
Should we change the name to SoonerFansInOklahoma.com?

Yes, you would probably be in favor of that. :D

**** off dip ****. Im simply sayin why should those of us who dont live in that Fruity state give a **** what they do. Run along now and play with yer Barbie Dolls some more

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2011, 01:53 AM
**** off dip ****.

I swear you have this quotation placed in a permanent clipboard on your computer. Do you just click on the F5 key to insert it?

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 01:58 AM
I swear you have this quotation placed in a permanent clipboard on your computer. Do you just click on the F5 key to insert it?

**** off dip ****
No My fingers just auto type it when I reply to just about anything yer ignorantazz posts:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2011, 02:04 AM
**** off dip ****
No My fingers just auto type it when I reply to just about anything yer ignorantazz posts:rolleyes:

You are just in a nasty mood tonight.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/3/2011, 02:10 AM
vet, the thread title is transparent concerning what is being discussed. Why did you feel compelled to click on it, if you don't give a damn about the topic?

whenever someone starts a thread titled, say, "farting party this saturday," I just don't click on it.

SoonerNate
2/3/2011, 02:15 AM
I don't like to see my boy Vet upset.

texaspokieokie
2/3/2011, 08:53 AM
Jerry is just hoping the Med Flies don't come back

Jerry's hesitation in dealing with med fly cost the state an estimated 100mil. (going by memory)

Pat Brown was gov when i moved there. californians are true "hounds for punishment" having 2 browns for gov & one of them twice. they've had 27 yrs to get over jerry.

never will learn.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 09:54 AM
You are just in a nasty mood all the time.

FIFY:D

vet, the thread title is transparent concerning what is being discussed. Why did you feel compelled to click on it, if you don't give a damn about the topic?

whenever someone starts a thread titled, say, "farting party this saturday," I just don't click on it.

Actually jaun its not,It starts out as " Governor Moonbeam" To me that could be any of the 50:rolleyes: