PDA

View Full Version : CWL Who has it???

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 08:13 PM
Any of you have you CWL (Conceal your gun card)??

If so, why? Not a trap question.....I have had mine for a while....just wondering why other folks have it....or not.

Now.....Draw!!!:D

olevetonahill
2/1/2011, 08:52 PM
Dont have one, Dont figure its any dayum Bureaucrat buisness if i want to tote a gun.:cool:

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 08:58 PM
Dont have one, Dont figure its any dayum Bureaucrat buisness if i want to tote a gun.:cool:

Agree 100%

SicEmBaylor
2/1/2011, 09:21 PM
Agree 100%

Not to quibble, but you can't exactly agree with him 100% since you admitted that you have your CHL.

proud gonzo
2/1/2011, 09:25 PM
Where do you live that it'd called a CWL? I've only heard it called a CCL = Concealed Carry License.

olevetonahill
2/1/2011, 09:33 PM
I dont tote unless im going into an area where I mite need one.

Sooner_Bob
2/1/2011, 09:41 PM
Any of you have you CWL (Conceal your gun card)??

If so, why? Not a trap question.....I have had mine for a while....just wondering why other folks have it....or not.

Now.....Draw!!!:D

I just haven't taken the time to complete the class yet.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 10:03 PM
Nope. Don't have one. Won't ever get one either. I simply don't care enough to go through the bull****. I'll carry when I feel like it, and if I ever need to use it, it ain't really gonna matter whether I have a CCL or not.

Like daddy always said, "I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6."

olevetonahill
2/1/2011, 10:07 PM
Pretty much my thots Dean

yermom
2/1/2011, 10:37 PM
i always hear CCW

anyway, i don't have one, but i've thought about it

i figure the BS i'd go through getting caught with it would be worse than the BS of getting one

SoCaliSooner
2/1/2011, 10:39 PM
I used to be a sheriff's deputy and as such I have a CCW and can carry...but do less and less.

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 11:21 PM
Where do you live that it'd called a CWL? I've only heard it called a CCL = Concealed Carry License.

Just an acro that my instructor used.....

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks for all the replies.....

I have mine mainly due to prevent issues if/when pulled over. No issue carrying loaded, etc.... I have a firearm on my person 100% of the time....well not in the shower. :D

yermom
2/1/2011, 11:26 PM
but haven't you seen Psycho??

i have seen people in other forums talk about bathroom/shower guns...

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 11:28 PM
Not to quibble, but you can't exactly agree with him 100% since you admitted that you have your CHL.

Sure I can.....I don't believe we should have to have it BUT to be law abiding I follow the law.....whether I like it or not (unfortunately).

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 11:29 PM
but haven't you seen Psycho??

i have seen people in other forums talk about bathroom/shower guns...

......must....look.....into.....this.....

sooner59
2/1/2011, 11:29 PM
My parents got theirs. If I can find time for the class, I wouldn't mind. Like you said, for the prevention of issues if I get pulled over. I don't carry now, but you never know what the future holds.

yermom
2/1/2011, 11:40 PM
......must....look.....into.....this.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/CousinIT50/P1270182.jpg

:D

87sooner
2/1/2011, 11:42 PM

on the front of the ok license it says
Concealed Weapon License

i have one.....i haven't carried in public yet....i just don't feel comfortable packing my sig 226...
it's nice to have the cwl so i can carry a weapon in my vehicle....loaded...and not worry about it...
i plan to get a glock 26 and a nice conceal carry jacket......so i can carry on my person...

sooner59
2/2/2011, 12:10 AM
The sigs are pretty nice guns.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2011, 12:23 AM
My parents got theirs. If I can find time for the class, I wouldn't mind. Like you said, for the prevention of issues if I get pulled over. I don't carry now, but you never know what the future holds.

I thought you didn't need a license to carry in your car since your car is considered sort of like your home. I thought the CHL was for carrying it on your person in public.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/2/2011, 01:37 AM
Mi esposa packs some heat and has the permit, but I don't. It's not easy getting a CW permit in california. gotta show evidence of good morals, good cause, and an local electric bill or something to prove you're a resident.

sooner59
2/2/2011, 01:54 AM
I thought you didn't need a license to carry in your car since your car is considered sort of like your home. I thought the CHL was for carrying it on your person in public.

I'm not completely sure. When I was younger, I always went hunting with my dad. He always insisted on making sure the guns were not covered up and were in plain sight in the back so that if we got pulled over, it was obvious we weren't concealing them, but were open about the fact that we were going hunting. I don't know if that is right, or if he was just overcompensating to tell you the truth.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2011, 02:24 AM
I'm not completely sure. When I was younger, I always went hunting with my dad. He always insisted on making sure the guns were not covered up and were in plain sight in the back so that if we got pulled over, it was obvious we weren't concealing them, but were open about the fact that we were going hunting. I don't know if that is right, or if he was just overcompensating to tell you the truth.

After a quick google search, it would seem to be legal so long as it isn't loaded:
http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/a/gunlaws_ok.htm

Carrying

It is unlawful for any person, except for peace officers on duty, to carry a firearm upon or about his person, or in any container, except for purposes of hunting, fishing, education or recreation or by a valid Concealed Carry License (“CCL”).
A person is permitted to carry firearms open and not concealed when hunting, during safety class, target shooting, for a military function, for a police function, or for entertainment events or historical reenactments.

A person is permitted to carry unloaded firearms open and not concealed when going to or from the person’s private residence or vehicle, or to a gun shop, gun show, or hunting, target shooting, or other sporting activity.

A person may transport an unloaded firearm openly in a motor vehicle at any time.

It is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle, though there are some exceptions for firearms carried by those with a concealed carry license.

It is unlawful for any person other than the owner, proprietor, or a peace officer to possess a firearm in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are consumed.

A person with a valid CCL may carry a firearm onto premises where alcohol is sold, provided that the sale of alcohol is not the primary business.

It is unlawful to carry a firearm for the purpose of unlawfully injuring another person.

It is unlawful to carry or use firearms while under the influence of alcohol, any unprescribed drug, or any prescribed drug that could cause abnormal behavior.

So, I take that to mean that the ammo has to be out of reach from the gun itself.

sooner59
2/2/2011, 02:48 AM
Yep. We always waited until we got to where we were hunting before loading the guns. But I'm not sure about the ammo. We normally kept it in the front with us while the guns were in the back. But sometimes we tossed it in the back as well. I wouldn't think that it would matter like an open liquor bottle matters in a TOC case. Not sure. If you can find it, I would appreciate a definite answer. If not, that's cool. I'll look it up later. Just curious.

prrriiide
2/2/2011, 03:17 AM

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Harry Beanbag
2/2/2011, 06:46 AM
Don't need one here.

olevetonahill
2/2/2011, 11:29 AM
Yep. We always waited until we got to where we were hunting before loading the guns. But I'm not sure about the ammo. We normally kept it in the front with us while the guns were in the back. But sometimes we tossed it in the back as well. I wouldn't think that it would matter like an open liquor bottle matters in a TOC case. Not sure. If you can find it, I would appreciate a definite answer. If not, that's cool. I'll look it up later. Just curious.

Dusty If I remember right it just has to separate from the weapon. I think you can carry a weapon with the clip in the seat beside it,
But then again, Kinda like what Sic looked up. You are limited as to when you can legally transport a weapon anyway;)

SoCaliSooner
2/2/2011, 11:42 AM
It's not easy getting a CW permit in california.

This is true...

bonkuba
2/2/2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah I have a few business associates in Irvine CA....and they said it is TOUGH to get the license. Also tough to get a good Happy Meal. :D

delhalew
2/2/2011, 01:06 PM
Took the class, but never filed the paperwork. There are federal laws against my carrying whilst engaged in interstate commerce. That is so frustrating. I feel like breaking that one. I would be much more interested in my wife having hers.

captain_surly
2/2/2011, 03:16 PM
Where I live it's called a CHCL (concealed handgun carry license). I have mine for a variety of reasons and my wife will be getting hers soon. All it involved was the application and an 8 hour class which included what little bit of shooting was required. My instructor limits his class size to 6 and has his own on site range. The classroom part was great and he brought in an attorney for a 90 minute session on state law. The shooting part was a joke. You absolutely need to invest in additional training if you're going to carry. Fortunately I belong to a gun club that has free tactical pistol training once a month.

At first I just carried when we went downtown after dark to eat and wandering around at the lake place or out in the boat. Now i carry almost every time I leave the house except on those rare occasions when we're going out drinking and dancing at a bar.

I truly believe it makes me, my family, my neighbors and society at large safer. I'm also 99.9999% sure my weapon will never be drawn but if it's an innocent life or that of a bad guy I'm sure I'm prepared to do what's necessary.

olevetonahill
2/2/2011, 03:29 PM
Dont think yer supposed to be totin em if yer in a BAR. Or if yer drankin:rolleyes:

OutlandTrophy
2/2/2011, 03:49 PM
try reading it again

2Dogs
2/2/2011, 04:04 PM
I have mine. Very rare that I carry on me, always in the car. Why do I have a ccl ?
Why does a dog lick his balls ?
.Because he can

delhalew
2/2/2011, 04:53 PM
Where I live it's called a CHCL (concealed handgun carry license). I have mine for a variety of reasons and my wife will be getting hers soon. All it involved was the application and an 8 hour class which included what little bit of shooting was required. My instructor limits his class size to 6 and has his own on site range. The classroom part was great and he brought in an attorney for a 90 minute session on state law. The shooting part was a joke. You absolutely need to invest in additional training if you're going to carry. Fortunately I belong to a gun club that has free tactical pistol training once a month.

At first I just carried when we went downtown after dark to eat and wandering around at the lake place or out in the boat. Now i carry almost every time I leave the house except on those rare occasions when we're going out drinking and dancing at a bar.

I truly believe it makes me, my family, my neighbors and society at large safer. I'm also 99.9999% sure my weapon will never be drawn but if it's an innocent life or that of a bad guy I'm sure I'm prepared to do what's necessary.

The classroom portion was interesting. I was happy to see that they take great care to drive home the responsibility you are taking on. Also, that what you see, may not always be reality.
For my 2 cents, if you have a CWL, you should visit the range often and carry always. Unless, of course, you work in a gub'ment building pr hang out in bars.

proud gonzo
2/4/2011, 01:38 AM
on the front of the ok license it says
Concealed Weapon License

ahh, ok. I'm from Kansas, so I've never seen an OK license.

Curly Bill
2/4/2011, 01:51 AM
I have one.

I have it so when I go to the WalMarts in the middle of the night I don't feel so skeered. :D

Curly Bill
2/4/2011, 01:54 AM
I do need to take the refresher course here soon, as mine is about to expire. I haven't found it a hassle at all getting it, or going through the renewal process a couple of times.

unbiasedtruth
2/4/2011, 02:29 AM
If I choose to carry that's my own business no one elses, same as what is in my gun safe. I do not have a CHL, nor will I ever to carry when I want.....

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 02:35 AM
If I choose to carry that's my own business no one elses, same as what is in my gun safe. I do not have a CHL, nor will I ever to carry when I want.....

Kinda my thots
No one asked ME what I thot when the made those stupid laws So I dont figure I need to ask THEM when i wanta Tote ;)

yermom
2/4/2011, 02:56 AM
if i thought i wouldn't get busted with it, i might not worry about it

i brush with cops a little too often for that :O

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 03:16 AM
if i thought i wouldn't get busted with it, i might not worry about it

i brush with cops a little too often for that :O

Heh, Only got busted once :D

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 07:25 AM
I got shot 3 times (one occasion) and I still don't carry gun. Could be sheer stupidity but I have seen to many friends and students die because of guns.

One bullet went through the nerve in my arm so my trigger finger doesn't work anyway, but I have been thinking of taking some classes so I can go hunting. I guess I have to learn how to shoot with my left hand or something!

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 08:09 AM
I got shot 3 times (one occasion) and I still don't carry gun. Could be sheer stupidity but I have seen to many friends and students die because of guns.

One bullet went through the nerve in my arm so my trigger finger doesn't work anyway, but I have been thinking of taking some classes so I can go hunting. I guess I have to learn how to shoot with my left hand or something!

Prolly easier to practice using yer Bird finger.

Hell gettin shot is easy, Ya just dont duck and cover fast enough:eek:

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 08:25 AM
Prolly easier to practice using yer Bird finger.

Hell gettin shot is easy, Ya just dont duck and cover fast enough:eek:

Actually I did pretty good. The dude emptied the clip on me from no more than 10 ft in front of me. After I saw the first blast I started hitting that shuttel run we used to do for fitness test in PE and he only managed to hit me 3 times. I am just glad it was a 9mm - I may not be alive if it was a 45.

Someone told me that using my middle finger would be easier and I could use my trigger finger to aim. It's worth a try!

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 08:29 AM
Actually I did pretty good. The dude emptied the clip on me from no more than 10 ft in front of me. After I saw the first blast I started hitting that shuttel run we used to do for fitness test in PE and he only managed to hit me 3 times. I am just glad it was a 9mm - I may not be alive if it was a 45.

Someone told me that using my middle finger would be easier and I could use my trigger finger to aim. It's worth a try!

Yea the Bird finger would be easier to learn that change sides
I shoot a Pistol right handed but Im Left handed with a rifle.
Heh, If i got hit 3 times every time a gook had emptied a Mag in my direction . Id look like swiss cheese :eek:

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 08:42 AM
Yea the Bird finger would be easier to learn that change sides
I shoot a Pistol right handed but Im Left handed with a rifle.
Heh, If i got hit 3 times every time a gook had emptied a Mag in my direction . Id look like swiss cheese :eek:

Your right about that - I never experienced war like that. I bet you have some wild stories to tell. My grandfather was killed in WWII and we just found out about 10 years ago that he was never in his grave in Ft Smith, Ar. They said that somehow his whole platoon just disappeared. But they failed to tell us that until 2002. We were mad at first and wanted to take action but we eventually concluded it wasn't really worth it. We found out right before my Grandmother died - she was pissed!

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 08:47 AM
It was the worst of times
It was the Best of times

As to Carrying tho, I very seldom tote a weapon, Now If Im traveling some where and not sure of some of the Areas I will be in , Yea Ill toss the 357 an coupla more in the truck. But for the most part I guess I aint Skeered ;)