PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY YEAR OF THE RABBIT

Chuck Bao
2/1/2011, 06:53 PM
I had forgotten all about it until there was like an explosion of firecrackers just outside my window.

Happy New Year!!!!!

At least, I think it is.

Regardless, may each and every one of you have a great and wonderful year of the rabbit.

The Cantonese "Gung Hei Fat Choi" is my tradion and what I know.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 07:03 PM
Dude, I spent this past weekend in San Francisco. My brother in law dropped me and momma and my brother and his momma downtown Saturday morning. We walked up through Chinatown and they were doing the deal. Seriously, a HUNDRED thousand folks is no stretch. We watched a couple dragon dealios, and a lion dance, ate at the R & G Lounge, and had an overall groovy time. It was funny to see a bunch of Chinese women fighting over packs of peanuts, candy, and flowers. Flowers - brazillions of them. Everybody was walking around with flowers.

It was a good time.

SunnySooner
2/1/2011, 07:25 PM
Dean, a true cosmopolitan, spreading Okieness around the world, that can only be a good thing. ;)

And I think I'm a rabbit. Or a pig. One of the two. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Where's the champagne?!?!?

Chuck Bao
2/1/2011, 07:27 PM
Dude, I spent this past weekend in San Francisco. My brother in law dropped me and momma and my brother and his momma downtown Saturday morning. We walked up through Chinatown and they were doing the deal. Seriously, a HUNDRED thousand folks is no stretch. We watched a couple dragon dealios, and a lion dance, ate at the R & G Lounge, and had an overall groovy time. It was funny to see a bunch of Chinese women fighting over packs of peanuts, candy, and flowers. Flowers - brazillions of them. Everybody was walking around with flowers.

It was a good time.

I'm envious.

Just before Chinese New Year is a great time to visit Chinatown.

I would especially like it since I can speak a little Cantonese (gwongdong wah). Oh yeah, the Chinese food there is most excellent.

I am now so hungry for some steamed pork dumplings that I have to go out and get some.

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 07:28 PM
I was in San Fran a few years back for one (forget which)...was a lot fun as Dean said.

I was on a gig for about 30 days.....I stayed a lot I'm China town.....great time.