PDA

View Full Version : Bush's suddenly favor Gay Marriage

SoonerNate
2/1/2011, 04:46 AM
I guess now that their family can't benefit from an election.... Remember when W proposed a constitutional amendment to ban this in the middle of his re-election campaign?

These phuckers are scandalous.

Do they think we are dumb?

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/01/31/Bush_Daughter_For_Marriage_Equality/

SoonerNate
2/1/2011, 04:57 AM
I have determined that both sides attract the uneducated. The Republicans attract the ignorant evangelicals and the Democrats attract the uneducated minorities. Whoever is better at brainwashing their side, wins the election.

Remember Fallin's message a few years back? : Faith, Family, Freedom. That was good enough to land her in the Senate.

okie52
2/1/2011, 05:47 AM
The senate?

Germans attacking Pearl Harbor?

Okla-homey
2/1/2011, 07:56 AM
Good. That means W is smart. Like me. I support gay marriage too. It will be good for our economy - a kind of gay economic stimulus. See kids, gay marriage will inevitably result in gay divorce, which will be a financial boon to my colleagues who practice divorce law. Statistically, gay folks who desire marriage tend to be higher earners, thus property division on their divorce will be more complex, which means a higher total of legal fees paid to their divorce lawyers. My colleagues will then spend those fees buying stuff, which benefits the economy. :D

SicEmBaylor
2/1/2011, 08:45 AM
I have determined that both sides attract the uneducated. The Republicans attract the ignorant evangelicals and the Democrats attract the uneducated minorities. Whoever is better at brainwashing their side, wins the election.

Remember Fallin's message a few years back? : Faith, Family, Freedom. That was good enough to land her in the Senate.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/melliott2811/Internets/Politics/Republicans/W%20Bush/fail_bush.jpg

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 09:08 AM
Good. That means W is smart. Like me. I support gay marriage too. It will be good for our economy - a kind of gay economic stimulus. See kids, gay marriage will inevitably result in gay divorce, which will be a financial boon to my colleagues who practice divorce law. Statistically, gay folks who desire marriage tend to be higher earners, thus property division on their divorce will be more complex, which means a higher total of legal fees paid to their divorce lawyers. My colleagues will then spend those fees buying stuff, which benefits the economy. :D

Yeah, but no kids to make the proceedings nastier (read: more expensive).

Sooner5030
2/1/2011, 09:12 AM
caveat: i'm happily married

why any one would want to ruin a great life with signing a contract that when dissolved will use precedents set 50 years ago, cause your partner to run the ac or heat and open the window (just to make you pay more), charge you billable hours for both sides is beyond me.

I did it......but if ever divorced I'll never do it again.

Harry Beanbag
2/1/2011, 09:12 AM
Besides dooshbag lawyers and dudes who like cocks in their mouths, who gives a ****?

okie52
2/1/2011, 09:22 AM
Wish all of the illegals were gay-many problems solved.

Soonerson1975
2/1/2011, 09:25 AM

Is this a punchline of a joke?

texaspokieokie
2/1/2011, 09:27 AM

also more "aids" for doctors to treat.

87sooner
2/1/2011, 09:31 AM
why did you put an "s" after "bush"?
the article says one bush daughter supports gay marriage..
kids of presidents do what they want when they grow up...
who cares if she now likes ****suckers and rugmunchers...

SanJoaquinSooner
2/1/2011, 09:32 AM
Besides dooshbag lawyers and dudes who like cocks in their mouths, who gives a ****?

People who believe in freedom?

okie52
2/1/2011, 09:34 AM
Is this a punchline of a joke?

Wish it were. Wish illegals were a joke but, if they were gay. We wouldn't have to worry about all their stinkin anchor babies or paying for their education or giving them student loans or welfare, etc...

SicEmBaylor
2/1/2011, 09:35 AM
who cares if she now likes rugmunchers...

Actually, that's kind of hot...

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 09:55 AM
Wish it were. Wish illegals were a joke but, if they were gay. We wouldn't have to worry about all their stinkin anchor babies or paying for their education or giving them student loans or welfare, etc...

http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/fb6fff4200578cf7110c7db70cc1377626755/they%2Btook%2Bour%2Bjobs

DEY DOOK ER JEEEEEERRRRRBBBBSSS

jkjsooner
2/1/2011, 09:59 AM

Reading is fun.

She joins her mother, Laura Bush, in pro–marriage equality sentiment. During a May appearance on Larry King Live to promote her memoir, Spoken From the Heart, the former first lady said, “When couples are committed to each other and love each other” they should have “the same sort of rights that everyone has.”

Harry Beanbag
2/1/2011, 10:00 AM
People who believe in freedom?

People who believe in freedom care what one of George Bush's daughters thinks?

okie52
2/1/2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/fb6fff4200578cf7110c7db70cc1377626755/they%2Btook%2Bour%2Bjobs

DEY DOOK ER JEEEEEERRRRRBBBBSSS

No no no. Haven't you heard? They didn't take any Americans jobs because Americans wouldn't roof or frame houses even when unemployed.

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 10:03 AM
No no no. Haven't you heard? They didn't take any Americans jobs because Americans wouldn't roof or frame houses even when unemployed.

Why would anyone hire them? Mexicans will do it for cheaper.

okie52
2/1/2011, 10:08 AM
Why would anyone hire them? Mexicans will do it for cheaper.

Bingo!!! And the government will pick up the additional costs for their kids.

But if they were gay.......

jkjsooner
2/1/2011, 10:09 AM

There is some truth to that. Americans generally don't want to live 20 grown adults per household so they'll hold out for something that will actually pay the bills. That's not to mention that the pay actually requires living arrangements that are illegal in most areas. Damn those Americans - wanting to make enough dollars to actually obey the law.

I think it's about time we let the fair marketplace decide what is the cost to roof a house. For those who think open borders is a fair marketplace then fine. I'll counter that we could also open our borders to Afghans who will work for a bowl of rice a day. Either way, I ain't blaming the American worker for wanting to actually be able to take care of his family.

SpankyNek
2/1/2011, 10:10 AM
Marriage is a religious rite, therefore, the Government should not recognize ANY marriages.

Civil contracts should be the government recognized benchmark, and should be available to ALL citizens.

87sooner
2/1/2011, 10:11 AM
Marriage is a religious rite, therefore, the Government should not recognize ANY marriages.

Civil contracts should be the government recognized benchmark, and should be available to ALL citizens.

what about the religions that think a 50 year old man marrying a 10 year old girl is ok?
should the govt. stay out of that?

Sooner5030
2/1/2011, 10:13 AM
what about the religions that think a 50 year old man marrying a 10 year old girl is ok?
should the govt. stay out of that?

a 10 year old cannot enter into a contract.

SpankyNek
2/1/2011, 10:18 AM
a 10 year old cannot enter into a contract.
Bingo!

Midtowner
2/1/2011, 10:35 AM

As a lawyer who almost exclusively practices family law, I salute you, sir!

AlboSooner
2/1/2011, 11:30 AM
I remember a time when it was close to treason not to support Bush. Times change I guess. I'm happy that it's not treason to criticize Obama and nobody questions your "Americaness" when criticizing his policies and even his person.

Blue
2/1/2011, 11:38 AM
I remember a time when it was close to treason not to support Bush. Times change I guess. I'm happy that it's not treason to criticize Obama and nobody questions your "Americaness" when criticizing his policies and even his person.

Give me a break.

yermom
2/1/2011, 11:44 AM
don't make me search for Tuba and RLIMC treason posts ;)

yermom
2/1/2011, 11:44 AM

i couldn't agree with this more.

Blue
2/1/2011, 11:53 AM
don't make me search for Tuba and RLIMC treason posts ;)

Oh I don't doubt it. :D

The last 10 years have been a real mind****. Patriot Acts, War on terror, Obama, Healthcare, Tea Party. All BS and all distractions from what really matters....the fact that the US is going broke and that our way of life cannot be sustained.

All the rest are symptoms of that problem. I wish we could all agree on just one ****ing thing. Tired of the right/left bs.

JohnnyMack
2/1/2011, 11:54 AM
I think this thread is a bit misleading. Clearly your intent was to imply that W himself was in favor of gay marriage.

Your thread is silly. You fail.

OUthunder
2/1/2011, 11:57 AM

^^^^This

yermom
2/1/2011, 11:58 AM
if you don't give a ****, then why are you so against it?

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 01:03 PM
Bingo!!! And the government will pick up the additional costs for their kids.

But if they were gay.......

Yeah, because they do that for everyone. Seems like this is about removing class distinctions, rather than making new ones.

2121Sooner
2/1/2011, 01:11 PM

Please let it be this one....

http://celebritiesblog.in/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Barbara-Bush-17.jpg

stoopified
2/1/2011, 01:34 PM
Besides dooshbag lawyers and dudes who like cocks in their mouths, who gives a ****?True dat....what about plaidwearing girls who muff dive? :D

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 01:34 PM

No reproducing.....heheheheheh :D

Harry Beanbag
2/1/2011, 03:30 PM
True dat....what about plaidwearing girls who muff dive? :D

I'm all for that. :)

okie52
2/1/2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah, because they do that for everyone. Seems like this is about removing class distinctions, rather than making new ones.

We are the world and everyone is an American....

okie52
2/1/2011, 03:35 PM
No reproducing.....heheheheheh :D

Indeed.:D

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 04:11 PM
We are the world and everyone is an American....

Everyone who is under the jurisdiction of the United States government is entitled to the same privileges and immunities (Homey... be quiet here... you too Froz) and the equal protection of the law.

okie52
2/1/2011, 04:16 PM
And are subject to US laws.....unless, of course, they aren't enforced.

Okla-homey
2/1/2011, 04:16 PM
Everyone who is under the jurisdiction of the United States government is entitled to the same privileges and immunities (Homey... be quiet here... you too Froz) and the equal protection of the law.

no. I won't. There is a flaw in your equal protection argument. Gay people can get married, just like everyone else - to an unmarried person of the opposite sex.

That said, I'm cool with gay marriage. As long as churches aren't compelled to administer them.

Ike
2/1/2011, 05:00 PM
no. I won't. There is a flaw in your equal protection argument. Gay people can get married, just like everyone else - to an unmarried person of the opposite sex.

That said, I'm cool with gay marriage. As long as churches aren't compelled to administer them.

Does anyone legitimately think that churches would be compelled to administer them? AFAIK, no churches are compelled to administer ANY marriage. Why would we start with compelling them to administer gay marriage.

SicEmBaylor
2/1/2011, 05:04 PM
Does anyone legitimately think that churches would be compelled to administer them? AFAIK, no churches are compelled to administer ANY marriage. Why would we start with compelling them to administer gay marriage.

I can see it happening. For example, a private business owner can't discriminate when hiring based on race, religion, gender, etc. Now, that business owner isn't compelled to hire, but if he does hire then he has to comply with non-discrimination laws.

Same thing here....no, a church can't be compelled to conduct marriages but if they choose to do so then they might have to comply with an anti-discrimination law.

Having said that, I do support civil unions.

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 05:21 PM

Wasn't talking about gay marriage. :)

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 05:28 PM
I can see it happening. For example, a private business owner can't discriminate when hiring based on race, religion, gender, etc. Now, that business owner isn't compelled to hire, but if he does hire then he has to comply with non-discrimination laws.

Same thing here....no, a church can't be compelled to conduct marriages but if they choose to do so then they might have to comply with an anti-discrimination law.

Churches can do whatever the hell they want to, except for about three things: 1) Human sacrifice 2) Recognize polygamous marriages 3) Prevent kids from going to school. Congress can't pass a law that forces a church to do nearly anything, because First Amendment freedom of religion issues come under the strictest of strict scrutiny.

They can regulate the private business owner because of the Interstate Commerce Clause, along with equal protection issues (provided that the business engages in the interstate stream of commerce, which nowadays, practically every business does). Freedom of religion trumps both of these, so Congress couldn't pass a law under the same rationale.

jkjsooner
2/1/2011, 05:45 PM

I think we're a long ways from that. I don't think it's a legitimate concern. I don't know what the political and religious climate will be like in 50 years but for now we respect religious freedom too much.

Even the civil rights laws have exceptions for churches. In addition, I think the courts would overturn any attempt to force the churches to perform gay marriages on freedom of religion grounds.

okie52
2/1/2011, 05:45 PM
Churches can do whatever the hell they want to, except for about three things: 1) Human sacrifice 2) Recognize polygamous marriages 3) Prevent kids from going to school. Congress can't pass a law that forces a church to do nearly anything, because First Amendment freedom of religion issues come under the strictest of strict scrutiny.

They can regulate the private business owner because of the Interstate Commerce Clause, along with equal protection issues (provided that the business engages in the interstate stream of commerce, which nowadays, practically every business does). Freedom of religion trumps both of these, so Congress couldn't pass a law under the same rationale.

Can they harbor illegals?

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 05:49 PM
Can they harbor illegals?

Good question. I don't think that question's been taken to the Supreme Court yet.

okie52
2/1/2011, 05:51 PM
Good question. I don't think that question's been taken to the Supreme Court yet.

If OKs law makes it that far we may find out.

Now if you are illegals and gay can you get married in this country?

Half a Hundred
2/1/2011, 06:09 PM
If OKs law makes it that far we may find out.

Now if you are illegals and gay can you get married in this country?

Depends on the state, and what you want to define "marriage" as.

soonercruiser
2/1/2011, 06:22 PM

I agree!!
Very misleading title to the thread!!!
It's only the daughter for GOD's sake! She has a lot of growing up to do. And, a lot of life to see before she's validated to beworth listening to.
Next time you'll probably post something about "GW loves dogs".
:rolleyes:

winout
2/1/2011, 06:48 PM
Ha, Libs/Dems get punked at the polls and now having to use Bush's daughter for one of their major platforms.... you just can't make this stuff up can you? Historically low ratings (and performance).... helped tank the economy... got us involved in land wars in Asia.... created housing bubble in search of a pin...BWHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah... great strategery there!

yermom
2/1/2011, 06:54 PM
daughter and wife...

i think it's interesting that she's a New Yorker now, just like Hilary :rolleyes:

SoonerNate
2/1/2011, 06:57 PM
I'm an accountant and my question is what some of these couples expect to find out when they file Married / Jointly.

okie52
2/1/2011, 07:00 PM
Depends on the state, and what you want to define "marriage" as.

Ah, but that brings us back to my original post/wish....that our illegals were all gay. What a wonderful world it would be.

yermom
2/1/2011, 07:05 PM
so then they would try to adopt anchor babies?

okie52
2/1/2011, 07:09 PM
so then they would try to adopt anchor babies?

I am sure our government would say they were qualified.