View Full Version : Chick-Fila anti-gay marriage

XingTheRubicon
1/31/2011, 05:24 PM
God love 'em, God bless 'em.

heh.

Mon Jan 31, 12:00 pm ET
Popular chicken chain under fire for anti-gay marriage donations
By Liz Goodwin

Fans of the addictive sandwiches of Chick-fil-A who also support gay marriage are facing a dilemma: Should one follow the dictates of the stomach or the conscience?

The privately owned chain, famous for closing on Sundays in deference to its founder's evangelical Christian values, donates to many Christian causes, scholarships, and organizations through its charitable arm.

But when a Pennsylvania restaurant donated sandwiches and brownies to a Harrisburg meeting of The Pennsylvania Family Group, a group that works to outlaw gay marriage, pro-gay marriage bloggers and gay rights organizations went on the offensive. The news quickly trickled into the mainstream. Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton wrote about it, and so did the food blog Grub Street, with the headline "Chick-fil-A is anti-gay."

President Dan Cathy posted a video response to the company's Facebook page in early January, no doubt hoping to quell the controversy. "Chick-fil-A serves all people and values all people," Cathy said, adding that the donation did not serve as a political endorsement. UPDATE: Cathy now says Chick-fil-A will no longer donate to any organizations that take a political stand on marriage.

Thousands of people chimed in on Chick-fil-A's Facebook page, many of whom said they would support the chain even more because of the donation and the controversy around it.

"You have nothing to expain to your customers, we support your family values, and know that you mean no ill-will to those with other opinions," John Joyner wrote.

Others wrote that they would give up their favorite chicken with heavy hearts.

"I've eaten and loved chick all my life. I am sad that me and my entire family must denounce the Chick until you publicly apologize and make an equal and opposite donation to the Human Rights Campaign or other civil rights group," Rob Augino commented.

Some people wrestling between their stomachs and their beliefs painted their sacrifice in grandiose terms. "Never again will I enjoy your spicy chicken sandwich," writes one morose former fan on Twitter.

It's unclear how many people actually intend to shun the Georgia-based chain on the basis of its opposition to gay marriage--and what impact a consumer boycott will have on the company's bottom line. So far, students at Indiana University South Bend got the chain booted from campus, according to a post on Change.org, which hosts petitions against the chicken restaurant. (UPDATE: University administrators say Chick-fil-A is only suspended, not permanently banned, from campus, according to The South Bend Tribune.)

The company's anti-gay marriage donations go beyond the alliance in Pennsylvania. The WinShape Foundation, the company's charitable institution, and the Cathy family have donated millions to Christian organizations and causes, including some that campaign against gay marriage, The New York Times writes. A couples retreat operated by WinShape does not accept homosexual couples, according to the blog Good As You.

Other businesses have found themselves the center of controversy for wading into political debates. Target and Best Buy were boycotted this summer after they made donations to a group that backed Minnesota gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer, who does not support gay rights. Target apologized for the donations.

(Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy: AP.)

CORRECTION: This article has been updated to clarify that Target and Best Buy did not directly donate to Emmer.

Veritas
1/31/2011, 05:39 PM
That's some pretty poor journalism.

First, it's not the Pennsylvania Family Group, it's the Pennsylvania Family Institute.

Secondly painting them as "a group that works to outlaw gay marriage" is like characterizing gays as people that do nothing but suck wang all day long. Yes, they're opposed to gay marriage, but unlike many such groups a look at their website makes it clear that they're working to reinforce and strengthen traditional marriage via seminars and other efforts.

Third, being opposed to gay marriage does not mean the same thing as "anti-gay." That's how the gay lobby tries to color it to try to make opponents sound bigoted, but it's really an ad hominem attack.

**** Perez Hilton. I just sent them $20 bucks on principle that if that doosh is against it, I'm probably for it.

Chuck Bao
1/31/2011, 05:39 PM
All power to the consumer and personal choices for whatever logical or illogical reason.

Thanks for posting this Xing. I'll start my own boycott of Chick-fil-A today. Not that that matters much since I don't think I have ever tried their food.

2121Sooner
1/31/2011, 05:41 PM
Chuck, why would you boycott Chick-Fil-A?

They are delicious.

87sooner
1/31/2011, 05:42 PM
chic-fil-a ==> bad
****sucking ==> good

bonkuba
1/31/2011, 05:43 PM
I will eat even more of their stuff now.......adds to my allsome figure :D

Bourbon St Sooner
1/31/2011, 05:46 PM

First, it's not the Pennsylvania Family Group, it's the Pennsylvania Family Institute.

Secondly painting them as "a group that works to outlaw gay marriage" is like characterizing gays as people that do nothing but suck wang all day long. Yes, they're opposed to gay marriage, but unlike many such groups a look at their website makes it clear that they're working to reinforce and strengthen traditional marriage via seminars and other efforts.

Third, being opposed to gay marriage does not mean the same thing as "anti-gay." That's how the gay lobby tries to color it to try to make opponents sound bigoted, but it's really an ad hominem attack.

**** Perez Hilton. I just sent them $20 bucks on principle that if that doosh is against it, I'm probably for it.

She'll sell papers her way and you'll sell papers your way. Unfortunately, nobody will buy yours.

Veritas
1/31/2011, 05:49 PM
She'll sell papers her way and you'll sell papers your way. Unfortunately, nobody will buy yours.
What if I surround my well-researched articles with pictures of boobs?

Oh, right, Hefner's been doing that since the Cretaceous era.

bonkuba
1/31/2011, 05:51 PM

Good way of putting it....spek.

I may think that gays are ****ed in the head but as long as they dont try and give me a lap dance....I guess all is well.

However, on a side note I am really not looking forward to the day my kids start asking questions when they see one of these idjuts holding hands or worse yet neckin' in public. I guess I can say....just don't stare at 'em.....feel sorry for 'em:) .

2121Sooner
1/31/2011, 05:54 PM
What if I surround my well-researched articles with pictures of boobs?

The dudes at Chick-Fil-A would be cool with it.

2121Sooner
1/31/2011, 05:56 PM

I may think that gays are ****ed in the head but as long as they dont try and give me a lap dance....I guess all is well.

However, on a side note I am really not looking forward to the day my kids start asking questions when they see one of these idjuts holding hands or worse yet neckin' in public. I guess I can say....just don't stare at 'em.....feel sorry for 'em:) .

Oh, that is such as easy discussion.

My son asked me and I told him that those are the people that hell was created for and the resaon Satan exists.

Circle of life I guess.

Veritas
1/31/2011, 05:57 PM
Have you ever seen gay people doing anything in public that you felt was in appropriate? I haven't, but I've sure seen a lot of straight folks doing so.

Gay folks are a part of life; going to have to tell your kids about it sometime.

2121Sooner
1/31/2011, 05:58 PM
Have you ever seen gay people doing anything in public that you felt was in appropriate? I haven't, but I've sure seen a lot of straight folks doing so.

Gay folks are a part of life; going to have to tell your kids about it sometime.

You havent been to Seattle lately have you?

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 05:59 PM

Just give them a copy of Dante's Inferno....it covers it all. :D

bonkuba
1/31/2011, 06:01 PM

Is this Perez person a she? Interesting.....

I haven't really read a lot of "her" stuff....but have read enough to stop reading. She seems to be against anyone that is normal (ie not gay or some crazy ****) .....which I guess to sell papers or whatever to idiots is what ya have to do.

.....and like Veritas said we could always put boobies in our papers :D

OhU1
1/31/2011, 06:02 PM
I've never heard a man pick Chick-fil-A as an eating destination. On the other hand mention Chick-fil-a to a women and they typically rave. I ate there once because I had a coupon, paid over $5 - and still had to visit a McDonalds afterward to get enough food for a meal.

Chick-fil-a doesn't offend me because of their religion or politics, they offend me with their paltry food. A piece of chicken on a bun with only a pickle? Did I get a 1st grade child's order? Where's the tomato, lettuce, sauce - something!?

oumartin
1/31/2011, 06:02 PM
yeah for chick fil a. I'll be eating there more .

bonkuba
1/31/2011, 06:03 PM

Yes.......kissing in public...holding hands in public....In all seriousness, I just dont want to have to dirty my kids mind with that filth. I know I am going to have to at some point...just not looking forward to it.

Now, when they get old enough to make fun of the ****ers then all bets are off :D

bonkuba
1/31/2011, 06:04 PM
I've never heard a man pick Chick-fil-A as an eating destination. On the other hand mention Chick-fil-a to a women and they typically rave. I ate there once because I had a coupon, paid over $5 - and still had to visit a McDonalds afterward to get enough food for a meal.

Chick-fil-a doesn't offend me because of their religion or politics, they offend me with their paltry food. A piece of chicken on a bun with only a pickle? Did I get a 1st grade child's order? Where's the tomato, lettuce, sauce - something!?

It's all about taste!!!!!

......OK...I got nuttin' :D

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 06:08 PM
Tulsa was once had a huge gay population but I heard they all moved to OKC.

Tulsa>OKC. :D

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 06:11 PM
Yes.......kissing in public...holding hands in public....In all seriousness, I just dont want to have to dirty my kids mind with that filth. I know I am going to have to at some point...just not looking forward to it.

Now, when they get old enough to make fun of the ****ers then all bets are off :D

If your kids are in School and you don't think they know about gays or sex or things you as a parent think are wrong and hope to someday explain it to them.....I'd say you are in for a real education when you start to have the talk. I'm betting they'll bring you up to date on the new stuff that's going on.

Seriously.....go talk to them soon.

Chuck Bao
1/31/2011, 06:17 PM

With all due respect, I disagree. It's really all about two adults in a committed relationship who simply ask for equal rights and protection under the law. Call it a civil union or a marriage, but it is still a major gay issue and opposition to it rightfully considered "anti-gay".

Besides that, the "wang sucking" reference is weak and really doesn't strengthen the argument about an ad hominem attack.

Veritas
1/31/2011, 06:33 PM
With all due respect, I disagree. It's really all about two adults in a committed relationship who simply ask for equal rights and protection under the law. Call it a civil union or a marriage, but it is still a major gay issue and opposition to it rightfully considered "anti-gay".
That's like saying that if you're pro-gay marriage that you can't support Christianity as a religion. You're inferring that supporting an group of people is to support what the majority of them support, all or nothing. That's just not true.

Besides that, the "wang sucking" reference is weak and really doesn't strengthen the argument about an ad hominem attack.
It wasn't meant to, which is why it was in a completely separate paragraph from the one about an ad hominem attack. My point was that it's not reasonable to use one facet of something to broadly generalize.

(FWIW, I'm not opposed to gay marriage. I'm just opposed to ****ty journalism and groups of people that like to infer that if you're not with them in every regard, you're against them. It's logically fallacious.)

Chuck Bao
1/31/2011, 06:36 PM
The key issue here isn't gay vs. straight. It should be about how quickly viral this stuff goes with a 2-page thread on an Oklahoma football message board.

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 06:41 PM
Chuck makes good points. I like his approach that once you're an adult you have the right to make your own decision regarding your life. Although he and I have a difference of opinion regarding some things....we do agree that people have the right to live how they want.

Homophobia hasn't worked in teaching kids to make good decisions.

okie52
1/31/2011, 06:41 PM
If your kids are in School and you don't think they know about gays or sex or things you as a parent think are wrong and hope to someday explain it to them.....I'd say you are in for a real education when you start to have the talk. I'm betting they'll bring you up to date on the new stuff that's going on.

Kids certainly know about "Gay". I hear them say "that's Gay" all of the time.

2121Sooner
1/31/2011, 06:42 PM
If you dont like Chick-Fil-A you are gay!!!

OUthunder
1/31/2011, 06:46 PM

I'll double it just because he's such a doosh rocket.

Sooner98
1/31/2011, 06:51 PM

I give you, the Chick Fil-A Deluxe Chicken Sandwich:

http://www.grubgrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Spicy-Chicken-Deluxe-Sandwich-from-Chick-fil-A.jpg

bonkuba
1/31/2011, 06:57 PM

My oldest is 6.....an I know I will have to discuss this gay crap soon enough. I know it's not possible I just want to protect them as long as possible from this sort of thing.

As an adult, I can handle it....I just love my kiddos much it hurts me to my core when I think of the disgusting things in our world....and I don't just mean the gay ****......

Anyway....rant for another day.....ha :D

Carry on.....by the way....now I am hungry for chicken!!!!

Chuck Bao
1/31/2011, 07:07 PM
That's like saying that if you're pro-gay marriage that you can't support Christianity as a religion. You're inferring that supporting an group of people is to support what the majority of them support, all or nothing. That's just not true.

It wasn't meant to, which is why it was in a completely separate paragraph from the one about an ad hominem attack. My point was that it's not reasonable to use one facet of something to broadly generalize.

(FWIW, I'm not opposed to gay marriage. I'm just opposed to ****ty journalism and groups of people that like to infer that if you're not with them in every regard, you're against them. It's logically fallacious.)

Dude, whatever... Your initial post included some opinions and generalizations that I didn't agree with.

You can always say that opposition to gay marriage isn't really anti-gay and feel all warm and fuzzy for saying it. But, seriously speaking, you may want to re-think that.

jkjsooner
1/31/2011, 07:17 PM
Not a good business decision but neither is being closed on Sundays. (Darn you Chik fil A, why can't you be open on Sundays.)

But for them it's not always about business and to some degree you have to respect that even if you don't like their specific stance. On the other hand, when you take this stance you can't complain if there are negative financial consequences.

For me, I like their sandwiches and it not my issue so I'll still go.

2121Sooner
1/31/2011, 07:19 PM
I think that gay folks should have the same rights as the rest of us.

Why not?

I couldnt care less. People will go back to the sanctity of marriage? Really? Does it feel like a gift from God? My first marriage sure didnt.

Civil Unions, married, whatever you want to call it. We better be careful cause if we do this and make them equal, the next think you know women will want to vote and black people will want equal rights.

God forbid we have that happen.

This thread is gay. Let's merge it with another one just to see what happens.

Radar's Left Hand
1/31/2011, 07:20 PM
Dude, whatever... Your initial post included some opinions and generalizations that I didn't agree with.

You can always say that opposition to gay marriage isn't really anti-gay and feel all warm and fuzzy for saying it. But, seriously speaking, you may want to re-think that.

This would be like saying all pro-abortion folks are anti-humanity...wait...nevermind. You might be onto something after all.

jkjsooner
1/31/2011, 07:22 PM

That's just wrong man. Add a side of nuggets if you need to. Where else can you find chicken that is that bad for you and tastes that good?

I have a friend from Atlanta who always brings Chik fil A to the river when we go tubing. The bread has to be thrown out but that chicken tastes pretty darn well even when soaked in river water.

Edit: I once ate the soaked bread. Half drunk it seemed like a good idea. Now I gag thinking about it.

Chuck Bao
1/31/2011, 07:23 PM
Chuck makes good points. I like his approach that once you're an adult you have the right to make your own decision regarding your life. Although he and I have a difference of opinion regarding some things....we do agree that people have the right to live how they want.

Homophobia hasn't worked in teaching kids to make good decisions.

Indeed. And, consumers have the right to choose what they want.

I used to love Burger King so much. I'd order a Whopper with cheese and Fish'n'chips. It gave my life meaning. But, they don't serve Fish'n'chips anymore and that Whopper with cheese doesn't taste the same. Actually, it tastes pretty awful now and I can't finish even half of one.

Flagstaffsooner
1/31/2011, 07:52 PM
http://gnkangonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/chickFilA.jpg

Eat Mor c*ck?

oumartin
1/31/2011, 07:53 PM
do gay people always get their panties in a wad and throw hissy fits of this trivial little stuff.

soonerscuba
1/31/2011, 07:57 PM
I would still eat at Chick-fil-a if they donated 100% of their profits to Al-Qaeda.

oumartin
1/31/2011, 07:59 PM
I would still eat at Chick-fil-a if they donated 100% of their profits to Al-Qaeda.

well they don't like gays so they probably don't like al qaeda either. We're in luck

3rdgensooner
1/31/2011, 08:00 PM
This thread is gay. Let's merge it with another one just to see what happens.Should we merge it with a male or female thread?

do gay people always get their panties in a wad and throw hissy fits of this trivial little stuff.I guess I missed the hissy fit...

OUthunder
1/31/2011, 08:03 PM
do gay people always get their panties in a wad and throw hissy fits of this trivial little stuff.

It seems like it, and I think they just need the attention.

AlboSooner
1/31/2011, 08:42 PM
Nobody objects when other companies give millions to pro-gay, pro-abortion causes. May I break a leg if I don't start going to Chick-file more often.

ouwasp
1/31/2011, 08:47 PM
I wish there were a Chick-Fila nearby so I could spend some $ there....

My 17 yr son made me proud recently. For some reason, the topic of homosexuality came up. He is hetero. But I told him if he ever decided to check out the gay life, I'd kick his butt and disown him.

He said: "Dad, if I ever did that, I'd deserve to have my butt kicked.

We laughed about it.... then got to talking about folks we knew that have gay kids. <shaking my head> I guess they have to come to grips with a different sort of reality than they'd imagined...

87sooner
1/31/2011, 08:49 PM
Nobody objects when other companies give millions to pro-gay, pro-abortion causes. May I break a leg if I don't start going to Chick-file more often.

actually they do.
can't remember the organization but someone was boycotting walmart and ford motor company and others a few years ago....
(someone sent me an email)...

abortion became legal...gay marriage will too in time...
then we move on to the next perverted depraved sinful "right"...

sooner59
1/31/2011, 08:54 PM
Until Chick-Fil-A changes their colors to burnt orange, rename the sandwich the Mack Brown Special, and the nugget become Vince Nuggets....I'll probably eat there the same as always, sparingly. Its ok, I like their nuggets and chicken biscuits. But most of the time is the female companion that wants to go their. I don't really care what they are doing otherwise. I know the owners are religious so I wasn't surprised by this. Probably not as bad as what other companies have going on in the background. I see the issue and agree that its not good. I just assume they all have stuff going on.

Cornfed
1/31/2011, 09:12 PM
abortion became legal...gay marriage will too in time...
then we move on to the next perverted depraved sinful "right"...

Why wait< they are lining up the pedo thinking as we speak.

MR2-Sooner86
1/31/2011, 09:17 PM
Whoopty ****ing doo. Did Chick-Fil-A donate money to the group? No, they gave them some god damn sandwiches and brownies. Holy sh*t stop the presses! They could give some sandwiches to the Klan and I wouldn't care. Their chicken kicks ***.

As for gay marriage, well marriage is a religious institution so if your religion doesn't accept gay marriage, sorry. Now as for the government they should be out of it all together. If a person wants to have three wives or a brother and sister want to have relations the government can't have a moral say in it. Why people need to get a license to get married is beyond me.

sooner59
1/31/2011, 09:26 PM
Common misconception:

3-5 wives is better than 1. Tons of sex from different women on different days of the week.

Reality:

3-5 wives is 3-5 times more frustrating than 1 wife. More people nagging, complaining, and wanting money for something.

If only it actually worked the other way. 1 is really good at cooking, 1 is really good at cleaning and organizing, 1 is just rich (inherited), and all three are freaks in the sack and not jealous of the others. Oh well...

Flagstaffsooner
1/31/2011, 09:29 PM
Vince NuggetsLMAO

sperry
1/31/2011, 09:41 PM

My 17 yr son made me proud recently. For some reason, the topic of homosexuality came up. He is hetero. But I told him if he ever decided to check out the gay life, I'd kick his butt and disown him.

We laughed about it.... then got to talking about folks we knew that have gay kids. <shaking my head> I guess they have to come to grips with a different sort of reality than they'd imagined...

I would love to be a fly on the wall when your kid brings his boyfriend to Thanksgiving dinner 5 years from now.

KABOOKIE
1/31/2011, 09:55 PM
Chuck-Full-A?

Nope.

OhU1
1/31/2011, 10:16 PM

http://www.premiere.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/galleries/AmericanBeauty1999ChrisCooperColFrankF/44307-1-eng-US/AmericanBeauty1999ChrisCooperColFrankF_imagelarge. jpg

starclassic tama
1/31/2011, 11:11 PM
if god hates gay people, why does he create them in the first place?
:pop:

KABOOKIE
1/31/2011, 11:30 PM

So we can have something to hate. Duh.

soonercruiser
1/31/2011, 11:31 PM
The key issue here isn't gay vs. straight. It should be about how quickly viral this stuff goes with a 2-page thread on an Oklahoma football message board.

I disagree strongly!
This whole web site is 10 parts Sooner and other sports; versus one part "other"!
One little sorry *** "off sports" forum any you gonna cry????
GMAFB!
The big questions of what is going in our culture are 10 times more important to discuss than ANY SPORTS!

KABOOKIE
1/31/2011, 11:33 PM
quickly viral. sounds like a problem at the bath house.

Breadburner
1/31/2011, 11:38 PM

Cuz not all chicks like playin the skin-flute......

soonercruiser
1/31/2011, 11:39 PM

GOD created "Man" and "Woman"!
Duh!
(There actually may be some recorded instances of someone born with both sexual organs...don't know.)
Other than the anatomical facts - "Man" creates the confusion on this issue!

BTW....I am glad that there are male & female chickens....so that we can have more chicken sandwiches in the future!
I guess Chic-Fil-A understands that! :rolleyes:

Veritas
1/31/2011, 11:44 PM
Now as for the government they should be out of it all together. If a person wants to have three wives or a brother and sister want to have relations the government can't have a moral say in it. Why people need to get a license to get married is beyond me.
This. Gay marriage shouldn't be a question of legality because the ****ing government shouldn't be involved.

sooner59
2/1/2011, 12:25 AM
This. Gay marriage shouldn't be a question of legality because the ****ing government shouldn't be involved.

Yup.

Cornfed
2/1/2011, 12:33 AM
The state Govt is the marriage lisensor.

sooner59
2/1/2011, 12:35 AM
The state Govt is the marriage lisensor.

They just shouldn't be decided "who" gets married. Just taking care of the legal matter of the marriage license, IMO.

Cornfed
2/1/2011, 12:42 AM
They just shouldn't be decided "who" gets married. Just taking care of the legal matter of the marriage license, IMO.

So anyone can walk in and get a marriage license to get married to anyone or anything? no rules involved?

starclassic tama
2/1/2011, 12:45 AM
why should there be rules involved? as long as you have two consenting parties, why does anyone care who somebody else marries?

Cornfed
2/1/2011, 12:48 AM
why should there be rules involved? as long as you have two consenting parties, why does anyone care who somebody else marries?

Why should there be a license then?

47straight
2/1/2011, 12:57 AM

Why does it have to be two consenting parties? Why do you feel the need to force your values on someone else?

starclassic tama
2/1/2011, 01:00 AM
i suppose legally there is some need for licensure, in that being married provides certain rights, not to mention just to keep records of it. i just can't wrap my head around why people care who other people marry.

ouwasp
2/1/2011, 01:02 AM
According to the Constitution, regulating marriage is a power reserved by the states. So states can set standards for who marries whom.

Of course, the courts will always throw their weight around as well.

sooner59
2/1/2011, 01:27 AM
So anyone can walk in and get a marriage license to get married to anyone or anything? no rules involved?

No there are still rules. Just not rules against two people of the same sex getting married. I'm not gay. I am engaged to a female. I just don't see why people should care. I guess that's because I don't. Doesn't hurt anyone. Keeps the populations down...that helps the economy. Meh.

sooner59
2/1/2011, 01:28 AM
Why should there be a license then?

So a judge can decide whether or not one person should get half the other person's **** when they get divorced. Duh. :D

MR2-Sooner86
2/1/2011, 01:55 AM

They shouldn't even need a license. Getting a marriage license is a new concept which has only been around about 100 years. It was done to "help" and "protect" people.

sooner59
2/1/2011, 01:58 AM
Yeah I kinda forgot about that. Licenses actually haven't been around that long. For most of the history of marriage, it was formal or informal, but nonetheless accepted as binding.

sooner n houston
2/1/2011, 08:33 AM
BOYCOTT! The Home Depot promotes the homosexual agenda
For several years, The Home Depot has given its financial and corporate support to open displays of homosexual activism on main streets in America's towns.

Rather than remain neutral in the culture war, The Home Depot has chosen to sponsor and participate in numerous gay pride parades and festivals. Most grievous is The Home Depot's deliberately exposing small children to lascivious displays of sexual conduct by homosexuals and cross-dressers, which are a common occurrence at these events.

Judge for yourself by reviewing the photos below, taken during recent homosexual events sponsored by The Home Depot. Should The Home Depot be helping advance the homosexual agenda? And more importantly, will you choose to boycott The Home Depot?

The goal of every homosexual organization supported by The Home Depot is to get homosexual marriage legalized. The information below provides just a glimpse of how broad The Home Depot's support for the homosexual movement is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://action.afa.net/item.aspx?id=2147496231

Chuck Bao
2/1/2011, 09:30 AM
I disagree strongly!
This whole web site is 10 parts Sooner and other sports; versus one part "other"!
One little sorry *** "off sports" forum any you gonna cry????
GMAFB!
The big questions of what is going in our culture are 10 times more important to discuss than ANY SPORTS!

I really can't help it when I get that football boner that lasts for years, even in the off-season. What can I say? I was naturally born and bred a Sooner football fan. Nothing is going to change that and I don't care what others think.

Going directly to your point, I don't think that I insulted anyone's post on the South Oval (well, not on purpose anyway) and I probably post more in this forum than anywhere else, including the football and bb forums.

I do agree that gay rights is a big question for our culture, but I don't think that the whole Chick-fil-A controversy should really be note-worthy here and certainly not worth a 4-page thread. Okay now that I am bumping it, I have no room to talk.

The real point of my post was supposed to redirect attention from the obvious references to buttsecks and wang in mouth to how the internet has changed corporate america. Corporate responsibility now starts with spin and that, folks, is a sign of the times.

I also feel really uncomfortable with the number of gay-related threads and some half-assed homoerotic posts here, but whatev...

2121Sooner
2/1/2011, 11:34 AM
Should we merge it with a male or female thread?

Uh.....two hot chicks please.

stoopified
2/1/2011, 01:38 PM
Shouldn't a privately owned company be able to support any group they choose?

87sooner
2/1/2011, 01:44 PM

of course they can...
but any business supporting a political cause will catch heat from the other side...
businesses would be better off if they stuck with contributing to charitable organizations...and leave politics to the pigs that like to play in the mud.....

2121Sooner
2/1/2011, 01:46 PM
yes they should. They should also be ready for negative reactions from the people in the free market to shop elsewhere.

You can say whatever you want in America. Just be ready for the consequences.

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 01:50 PM
yes they should. They should also be ready for negative reactions from the people in the free market to shop elsewhere.

You can say whatever you want in America. Just be ready for the consequences.

This should increase their business incredibly. There are a lot of folks out there that think bumping same uglies is kinda funny.:D

The Profit
2/1/2011, 02:09 PM
For several years, The Home Depot has given its financial and corporate support to open displays of homosexual activism on main streets in America's towns.

Rather than remain neutral in the culture war, The Home Depot has chosen to sponsor and participate in numerous gay pride parades and festivals. Most grievous is The Home Depot's deliberately exposing small children to lascivious displays of sexual conduct by homosexuals and cross-dressers, which are a common occurrence at these events.

Judge for yourself by reviewing the photos below, taken during recent homosexual events sponsored by The Home Depot. Should The Home Depot be helping advance the homosexual agenda? And more importantly, will you choose to boycott The Home Depot?

The goal of every homosexual organization supported by The Home Depot is to get homosexual marriage legalized. The information below provides just a glimpse of how broad The Home Depot's support for the homosexual movement is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the American Family Association similar to that Westboro Baptist group in Kansas. It certainly appears to be.

87sooner
2/1/2011, 02:14 PM
Is the American Family Association similar to that Westboro Baptist group in Kansas. It certainly appears to be.

don't worry profit...the american family association won't be protesting at your gay wedding.....

The Profit
2/1/2011, 02:25 PM
don't worry profit...the american family association won't be protesting at your gay wedding.....

My wedding (29.5 years ago) was a heterosexual ritual that would have been approved by even the most radical bible banging Okie Dokie conservative wacko church. I just believe that everyone should have the right to marry whoever they choose to marry. This wacko American Family Association just appears to be very similar to those Baptist nuts, who hold up signs at military funerals.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 02:27 PM
My wedding (29.5 years ago) was a heterosexual ritual that would have been approved by even the most radical bible banging Okie Dokie conservative wacko church. I just believe that everyone should have the right to marry whoever they choose to marry. This wacko American Family Association just appears to be very similar to those Baptist nuts, who hold up signs at military funerals.

Really? Have the right to marry whoever they choose? What if I choose to marry your 12-year old daughter? Be careful when you say "everyone."

Bourbon St Sooner
2/1/2011, 02:30 PM

The Homo Depot?:D

The Profit
2/1/2011, 02:30 PM
Really? Have the right to marry whoever they choose? What if I choose to marry your 12-year old daughter? Be careful when you say "everyone."

Hell, southern "so-called Christian" hicks have been marrying their 12 year old first cousins for 200 years. Where have you been? Okay, I will edit my initial thought to read, "anyone, who has reached the age of legal consent, should have the right to marry anyone else, who has reached the age of legal consent. Does that work?

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 02:37 PM
Hell, southern "so-called Christian" hicks have been marrying their 12 year old first cousins for 200 years. Where have you been? Okay, I will edit my initial thought to read, "anyone, who has reached the age of legal consent, should have the right to marry anyone else, who has reached the age of legal consent. Does that work?

It hasn't only been "southern hicks" who have married their underage first cousins, Mr. Bigot.

Also, just because someone is of legal age still doesn't mean they can/should marry. What if I married your legal-aged retarded sister who couldn't do anything but drool?

The Profit
2/1/2011, 02:48 PM
It hasn't only been "southern hicks" who have married their underage first cousins, Mr. Bigot.

Also, just because someone is of legal age still doesn't mean they can/should marry. What if I married your legal-aged retarded sister who couldn't do anything but drool?

Okay. Another try.

"anyone, who has reached the age of legal consent, should have the right to marry anyone else, who has reached the age of legal consent with the exception of someone, who has reached the legal age of consent, who attempts to marry a legal-aged retarded sister of someone, who cannot do anything, but drool (think of the now very dead Terry Schaivo)." Is that better?

By the way, I disagree. Only toothless redneck southern "so-called Christians" have married their first cousins over the past 200 years. No good and pure northerner would every consider doing that.

87sooner
2/1/2011, 02:51 PM
Okay. Another try.

"anyone, who has reached the age of legal consent, should have the right to marry anyone else, who has reached the age of legal consent with the exception of someone, who has reached the legal age of consent, who attempts to marry a legal-aged retarded sister of someone, who cannot do anything, but drool (think of the now very dead Terry Schaivo)." Is that better?

By the way, I disagree. Only toothless redneck southern "so-called Christians" have married their first cousins over the past 200 years. No good and pure northerner would every consider doing that.

would you support two brothers getting married?

Ton Loc
2/1/2011, 02:52 PM
People who fight gay marriage make me laugh. It reminds me of the black vs white water fountains back in the day. I'd love to go back in time and ask people what they were thinking.

Its only a matter of time before gays can get "married" in every state and recognized federally. All groups like this are doing is wasting their money. They need to save their cash and focus just on strengthening marriage.

The Profit
2/1/2011, 03:00 PM
would you support two brothers getting married?

Only in the south.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 03:01 PM
Bigot.

87sooner
2/1/2011, 03:04 PM
People who fight gay marriage make me laugh. It reminds me of the black vs white water fountains back in the day. I'd love to go back in time and ask people what they were thinking.

Its only a matter of time before gays can get "married" in every state and recognized federally. All groups like this are doing is wasting their money. They need to save their cash and focus just on strengthening marriage.

i wouldn't compare the people fighting gay marriage to the people fighting black/white water fountains...

many people believe that sin harms society in the long term....
yes...it will happen...and it will become accepted in time...
just as divorce did....and abortion....and premarital sex....and extra marital sex....
but in the end....society/humanity will pay a heavy price...

The Profit
2/1/2011, 03:04 PM
Bigot.

What is with the name calling. This entire thread is about a bigoted company that supports bigoted "so-called Christian" groups.

Chuck Bao
2/1/2011, 03:11 PM

They can and do.

But are you seriously asking this question?

Can't consumers choose which product they prefer for whatever reason?

Say, for example, that you are choosing between a number of brands of jogging shoes. One is very good and you like the design very much, but you read on the internet that it was actually made by forced child labor in Burma and cost the company less than $5, 10 times less than the sticker price. Furthermore, the kid who made them in Burma made less than a tenth of the cost and that is after a full day and she made a boatload of them.

I love those old Consumer Reports. It was factual and useful.

okie52
2/1/2011, 03:15 PM
Okay. Another try.

No, the socialist northerners would prefer to take it up the azz.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 04:27 PM
What is with the name calling. This entire thread is about a bigoted company that supports bigoted "so-called Christian" groups.

What's with the outright bigotry against us good folks from down South? You act like a POS bigot, I'll call you one. I'll also call you a yankee POS while I'm at it. You're a bigot, I'm a bigot, we're a bigot, wouldn't you like to be a bigot too?

The Profit
2/1/2011, 04:30 PM
What's with the outright bigotry against us good folks from down South? You act like a POS bigot, I'll call you one. I'll also call you a yankee POS while I'm at it. You're a bigot, I'm a bigot, we're a bigot, wouldn't you like to be a bigot too?

You are correct, sir. I am bigoted against bigots, and I find that most of them are southern.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/1/2011, 04:58 PM
They can and do.

But are you seriously asking this question?

Can't consumers choose which product they prefer for whatever reason?

Say, for example, that you are choosing between a number of brands of jogging shoes. One is very good and you like the design very much, but you read on the internet that it was actually made by forced child labor in Burma and cost the company less than $5, 10 times less than the sticker price. Furthermore, the kid who made them in Burma made less than a tenth of the cost and that is after a full day and she made a boatload of them.

I love those old Consumer Reports. It was factual and useful.

Why do you not want jobs for people in Burma?

Ctina
2/1/2011, 05:27 PM
This should increase their business incredibly. There are a lot of folks out there that think bumping same uglies is kinda funny.:D

I much prefer the company of gay folk than narrow minded jagoffs who teach their children to hate.

Veritas
2/1/2011, 05:33 PM
I much prefer the company of gay folk than narrow minded jagoffs who teach their children to hate.
Ah, hyperbole, the string that binds all straw men together.

okie52
2/1/2011, 05:49 PM

PC Warning. PC Warning.

How are you on hate crimes?

Sooner98
2/1/2011, 05:52 PM

You mean narrow-minded, intolerant hate-mongers like The Profit, for one?

3rdgensooner
2/1/2011, 05:54 PM
WWJD

Chuck Bao
2/1/2011, 05:55 PM
Why do you not want jobs for people in Burma?

I really do and I say that with all of my heart. The Burmese are truly wonderful people but they are, unfortuately, suppressed by a brutal military regime, who having raped the country's natural resources for the last 40 years, is further exploiting its children working long hours in manufacturing JVs with Western companies. TRUST ME, IT IS REALLY UGLY.

okie52
2/1/2011, 05:56 PM
WWJD

Go and sin no more.

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 06:16 PM

Really? Just because my values don't interact with yours doesnt mean I teach hate. By the way, if you were in front of me I would beat the **** out of you for even putting my kids in a sentence with hate.....you were ok until then.....so **** you.

Probably being nicer than most fathers on this board would be after some dumb *** remark like that.....I am hard to anger though.

47straight
2/1/2011, 06:21 PM
You are correct, sir. I am bigoted against bigots, and I find that most of them are southern.

He's gone again. Now I guess he'll have to go be self-contradictory and hypocritical somewhere else.

3rdgensooner
2/1/2011, 06:22 PM
Really? Just because my values don't interact with yours doesnt mean I teach hate. By the way, if you were in front of me I would beat the **** out of you for even putting my kids in a sentence with hate.....you were ok until then.....so **** you.
You're gonna beat the **** out of a girl. Awesome.

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 06:24 PM
Actually anyone that is stupid enough to say stupid **** like that...awesome enuff for ya hotshot?

3rdgensooner
2/1/2011, 06:25 PM
Awesome-squared scooter.

starclassic tama
2/1/2011, 06:28 PM
Really? Just because my values don't interact with yours doesnt mean I teach hate. By the way, if you were in front of me I would beat the **** out of you for even putting my kids in a sentence with hate.....

I just dont want to have to dirty my kids mind with that filth. I know I am going to have to at some point...just not looking forward to it.

sounds like you are looking forward to the day your kids can hate right along with you.

p.s. please don't beat me up!

Ctina
2/1/2011, 06:30 PM
I fully stand by my statement, but I do apologize to you, I was thinking more of this when I wrote that:

Either way, overreact much?

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 06:30 PM
Scooter...I don't even know how to answer.

Actually, I need to go outside in the snow and calm down a bit before I go nuts from this ****.

Ok......did that....it's ****ing cold.

Still the squared thing was kinda funny.

I guess I will take myself out of this for a bit and let all you intelligent mother ****ers take over for a while :D

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 06:33 PM
sounds like you are looking forward to the day your kids can hate right along with you.

p.s. please don't beat me up!

I am looking forward to my kids knowing that being gay is ****ed up....yes.

As far as being a chick....my apologies....had I known I would not have said what I did.

Ctina
2/1/2011, 06:36 PM
I am looking forward to my kids knowing that being gay is ****ed up....yes.

As far as being a chick....my apologies....had I known I would not have said what I did.

Wait, so you are going to teach them to hate? Well... bring it on I guess. Chick or not, I will stand up for my gay friends against ignorance.

Ctina
2/1/2011, 06:45 PM
PC Warning. PC Warning.

How are you on hate crimes?

Against? It's not about being PC, it's about being a human being. Is it okay to hate black people? No. Is it okay to hate brunettes? No. If you're gay, you're gay. It's not a choice, it's not a sickness. It's who they are. If you don't like it that's fine, but to denigrate them for it is wrong. Gays don't choose to be gay any more that straights choose to be straight.

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 06:51 PM
Wait, so you are going to teach them to hate? Well... bring it on I guess. Chick or not, I will stand up for my gay friends against ignorance.

Again....geeesh.....hate no.....feel sorry for them cause they are ****ed up....yes.

Stand up for em all ya want that is cool. Folks are disgusted by em can tolerate em.....and I do. You know that I am speakin the truth about the majority of everyone.

I'll be back later gotta go play with snow ice cream....woo hoo!!

okie52
2/1/2011, 06:55 PM
Against? It's not about being PC, it's about being a human being. Is it okay to hate black people? No. Is it okay to hate brunettes? No. If you're gay, you're gay. It's not a choice, it's not a sickness. It's who they are. If you don't like it that's fine, but to denigrate them for it is wrong. Gays don't choose to be gay any more that straights choose to be straight.

The hyperbole is all PC. Hate is such an overused word now. I just hate it.

soonerscuba
2/1/2011, 06:58 PM
I am just going at assume anybody publicly looking forward to the day they can bash on homos with their kid is as gay Elton John's florist.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 06:59 PM

Stop right there. Please do not compare black folk to gay folk. It's not fair to either. Brunettes? Blondes would say "artificial intelligence."

Anyhow, not all gay folks are created =. They're just like us straight folk. Some of them are groovy, some of them are ****ed up. Before you broadbrush anybody who thinks homosexuality is kinda funky as a whack job please consider the fact that there's just as many ****ed up gays as there are straights. Herein lies the problem. The ****ed up ones are the only ones we see on TV. The groovy ones (like Chuck) you might catch on SF.com when he's awake and sober.

Another thing. Some of them do choose to be gay/straight/bi. Some of them are just kinky and like all that bizness. True story.

okie52
2/1/2011, 07:03 PM
I am just going at assume anybody publicly looking forward to the day they can bash on homos with their kid is as gay Elton John's florist.

He may be straight. Is that okay?

Ctina
2/1/2011, 07:11 PM
Stop right there. Please do not compare black folk to gay folk. It's not fair to either. Brunettes? Blondes would say "artificial intelligence."

Anyhow, not all gay folks are created =. They're just like us straight folk. Some of them are groovy, some of them are ****ed up. Before you broadbrush anybody who thinks homosexuality is kinda funky as a whack job please consider the fact that there's just as many ****ed up gays as there are straights. Herein lies the problem. The ****ed up ones are the only ones we see on TV. The groovy ones (like Chuck) you might catch on SF.com when he's awake and sober.

Another thing. Some of them do choose to be gay/straight/bi. Some of them are just kinky and like all that bizness. True story.

I completely agree (except with the artifical intelligence thing, I'm brunette after all. ;) ) This entire thread has been one side or the other though, not about the ins and outs of reality. I went with the comparisons I did because regardless of the choices people make, that's who they still are. If a gay person decides to live life as a straight, are they still gay?

soonercruiser
2/1/2011, 07:15 PM

This is a really an unintelligent or bigoted post!
Eveyone Profit disagrees with is "wacko". Does that tell you anything??? :O
The Am Fam Assoc is a group of people who "fight" for the maintenance of traditional family values.
If you don't like the traditional values, just join another group, and support them. But, don't attack another group's freedom to disagree. :rolleyes:

soonercruiser
2/1/2011, 07:17 PM
The Homo Depot?:D

Does that mean that Joey Logano is gay???
:eek:
(no wonder he is so gentle with the accelerator)

OutlandTrophy
2/1/2011, 07:17 PM
I like Chick-Fila

bonkuba
2/1/2011, 07:18 PM
This is a really an unintelligent or bigoted post!
Eveyone Profit disagrees with is "wacko". Does that tell you anything??? :O
The Am Fam Assoc is a group of people who "fight" for the maintenance of traditional family values.
If you don't like the traditional values, just join another group, and support them. But, don't attack another group's freedom to disagree. :rolleyes:

Careful.....the smarter than you are ones are out there.....waiting to reply.....right now they are scheming somehow to call you a racist or redneck....wait it will happen in the next few posts or so.....:)

soonercruiser
2/1/2011, 07:19 PM
Okay. Another try.

No, they just "use" them and throw them away.....like Teddy Kennedy!
:rolleyes:

Ton Loc
2/2/2011, 04:02 PM
i wouldn't compare the people fighting gay marriage to the people fighting black/white water fountains...

many people believe that sin harms society in the long term....
yes...it will happen...and it will become accepted in time...
just as divorce did....and abortion....and premarital sex....and extra marital sex....
but in the end....society/humanity will pay a heavy price...

I see you've completely proven my point. Many people said the same thing about integration. Those people turned out to be wrong.

TUSooner
2/2/2011, 04:07 PM

What will you tell your kids if one of them happens to be gay? Just askin. I know some folks who have had to answer that question when they never expected to.

Sooner_Bob
2/2/2011, 04:26 PM
You havent been to Seattle lately have you?

Or Dupont Circle . . . . :eek:

C&CDean
2/2/2011, 04:28 PM
If a gay person decides to live life as a straight, are they still gay?

Nope. Just like if somebody who fantasizes about porking a corpse but never does it isn't a necrophiliac. It's the deed that does it. Hell, I've thought SERIOUSLY about killing me a muh****ah more than once. I've never done it though, therefore, I ain't a murderer. Capice?

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 04:31 PM
Nope. Just like if somebody who fantasizes about porking a corpse but never does it isn't a necrophiliac. It's the deed that does it. Hell, I've thought SERIOUSLY about killing me a muh****ah more than once. I've never done it though, therefore, I ain't a murderer. Capice?

I hear it's hard to stop once you get started. :D

3rdgensooner
2/2/2011, 04:33 PM
It's the deed that does it.

So a hetero who isn't having sex is what?

C&CDean
2/2/2011, 04:34 PM

ugly?

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 04:35 PM
lonely?

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 04:35 PM
horny?

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 04:36 PM
giving their hand a break?

Sooner_Bob
2/2/2011, 04:43 PM

a virgin?

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 04:44 PM
SicEm? :D ;)

Sooner_Bob
2/2/2011, 04:45 PM
SicEm? :D ;)

or that

OUthunder
2/2/2011, 06:22 PM
This thread is soooooo gay.

C&CDean
2/2/2011, 06:38 PM
Well it is now.

StoopTroup
2/2/2011, 06:39 PM
lol

Veritas
2/2/2011, 06:43 PM
Well it is now.
Huh? It can't be, Mack hasn't posted in it once.

soonercruiser
2/2/2011, 06:46 PM
a virgin?

Carrying a concealed dead weapon?

Anaxamander
2/3/2011, 10:58 AM
If you only listened to the media and didn't know real people, you would probably conclude that 95% of people are okay with gay marriage, and the only people opposed are a violent, hateful minority.

In reality, there are lots of folks who are conservative, religious, and don't believe in gay marriage. They're not violent, they're never going to commit a hate crime, but they have deeply held religious beliefs that prevent them from supporting same-sex marriage.

3rdgensooner
2/3/2011, 11:27 AM
If you only listened to the media and didn't know real people, you would probably conclude that 95% of people are okay with gay marriage, and the only people opposed are a violent, hateful minority.

In reality, there are lots of folks who are conservative, religious, and don't believe in gay marriage. They're not violent, they're never going to commit a hate crime, but they have deeply held religious beliefs that prevent them from supporting same-sex marriage.
I know real people and occassionally tune in to media outlets and have never felt that people opposed to gay marriage are violent or hateful as a rule.

However, the reality is that being opposed to any type of legal recognition for same-sex partners does put a person in the minority.

http://www.pollingreport.com/civil.htm

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2011, 11:42 AM
So...What is this thread about?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2011, 11:43 AM
Oh.. and

http://www.thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/buttsecks.gif

87sooner
2/3/2011, 11:50 AM
I know real people and occassionally tune in to media outlets and have never felt that people opposed to gay marriage are violent or hateful as a rule.

However, the reality is that being opposed to any type of legal recognition for same-sex partners does put a person in the minority.

http://www.pollingreport.com/civil.htm

scan thru this thread and you will find people that will associate you with westboro baptist if you oppose gay marriage...
this same person will also frequently compare you to tim mcveigh.....
it's a common practice...

also.....you claim being opposed to "any type of recognition for same sex partners" puts you in the minority..
that may be true...
but being opposed to gay marriage puts you squarely in the majority....

btk108
2/3/2011, 12:11 PM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4397419/Groovy-Baby-lolwut.jpg

Ton Loc
2/3/2011, 12:25 PM
scan thru this thread and you will find people that will associate you with westboro baptist if you oppose gay marriage...
this same person will also frequently compare you to tim mcveigh.....
it's a common practice...

also.....you claim being opposed to "any type of recognition for same sex partners" puts you in the minority..
that may be true...
but being opposed to gay marriage puts you squarely in the majority....

Come on - get the accusations right.

Basically, we accuse you of caring WAY too much about something that won't affect you either way.

Also - I love the fact that "religious" people pick and choose their deeply held beliefs based on who knows what (my best guess in this case-what they think is yucky). There's a lot of other things in the good ole bible, koran, or other religious book that if you held to the same standard as you did the gays getting hitched you would be placed behind bars immediately.

bonkuba
2/3/2011, 12:55 PM

Basically, we accuse you of caring WAY too much about something that won't affect you either way.

Also - I love the fact that "religious" people pick and choose their deeply held beliefs based on who knows what (my best guess in this case-what they think is yucky). There's a lot of other things in the good ole bible, koran, or other religious book that if you held to the same standard as you did the gays getting hitched you would be placed behind bars immediately.

I believe it is the majority of folks trying to hang on to things that keep slipping away due almost entirely to our society slipping further and further down into a cesspool of yucky, to use your term, stuff.

Disgusting is a term that I would use....also the whole union of same ugly bumping serves no purpose.....reproduction??....nope....which is a good thing so innocent children aren't brought into their choice of chaos. I know that homos can adopt children in some cases now and this brings me to tears. I know some yahoo will say "Well, what about the redneck, beer drinkin', wife beating SOB that beats their kids, etc". Well, first off......get a new comeback...that is old. Second, I will be the first to say that an official that allows a kid to be placed in an environment like that needs their butt kicked....and I would be first in line to start the kickin'.

With any "book" as the ones you mentioned...you have to use your head....God gave us a brain so we need to use it from time to time.

I am not picking on your response at all....it just happened to be the first one I read as I opened the thread.

I know I got off subject there a little, my apologies.

87sooner
2/3/2011, 12:57 PM

sin effects EVERYONE....
if you're not a born again christian....i don't expect i'll convince you otherwise...

the rest of your post is just nonsense...

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 01:03 PM
sin effects EVERYONE....
if you're not a born again christian....i don't expect i'll convince you otherwise...

How in Holy hell does your sin affect me?:confused:

C&CDean
2/3/2011, 01:06 PM
How in Holy hell does your sin affect me?:confused:

He lusts for your precious booty. That's how.

Ton Loc
2/3/2011, 01:07 PM
sin effects EVERYONE....

Then please - for the love of God - just concentrate on things that truly will make a difference. A positive one. Regardless of whatever else I posted believe this. You are fighting a battle you are destined to LOSE.

Also for no reason other than the fact that I like to see my own words on a screen: My list of people who should be able to adopt if all things being equal -> Love, Finances, Support, Strong Extended Family

1. Straight Man and Woman (Look - you won one)
2. Gay couple (Two's better than one)
3. Single Mom (Yep)
4. Single Dad (Kinda of weird to think that a truly single man would want to adopt)

Yes - that should earn me some disagreement.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 01:18 PM
He lusts for your precious booty. That's how.

It is kinda cute . or so Ive been told ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2011, 01:28 PM
you guys are always gayin things up

87sooner
2/3/2011, 01:29 PM
Then please - for the love of God - just concentrate on things that truly will make a difference. A positive one. Regardless of whatever else I posted believe this. You are fighting a battle you are destined to LOSE.

Also for no reason other than the fact that I like to see my own words on a screen: My list of people who should be able to adopt if all things being equal -> Love, Finances, Support, Strong Extended Family

1. Straight Man and Woman (Look - you won one)
2. Gay couple (Two's better than one)
3. Single Mom (Yep)
4. Single Dad (Kinda of weird to think that a truly single man would want to adopt)

Yes - that should earn me some disagreement.

the battle i am fighting as already been won....

btk108
2/3/2011, 01:41 PM
you guys are always gayin things up

pot calling the kettle black :P

soonerscuba
2/3/2011, 01:45 PM
the battle i am fighting as already been won....Skynet?

OutlandTrophy
2/3/2011, 01:55 PM
I don't know why they insist on placing a pickle on the chicken sandwiches.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2011, 01:56 PM
pot calling the kettle black :P

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5015/racist.gif

Sooner_Bob
2/3/2011, 02:06 PM
Carrying a concealed dead weapon?

Do you need a permit for that?

bonkuba
2/3/2011, 02:18 PM
Do you need a permit for that?

heh :D

bonkuba
2/3/2011, 02:21 PM
I don't know why they insist on placing a pickle on the chicken sandwiches.

I actually asked this once and they answered so the taste of the chicken wouldnt be masked???? I am confused....heck a pickle masks taste doesn't it?....well other than the pickle taste.:D

btk108
2/3/2011, 02:25 PM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5015/racist.gif

don't be playing the race card, injun.

Ton Loc
2/3/2011, 04:54 PM
the battle i am fighting as already been won....

Just a wild guess...but you'd probably want to swap the sword for a gun.

http://www.vnumc.net/bible_study/images/battle_won.jpg

Sooner_Bob
2/3/2011, 04:55 PM
Just a wild guess...but you'd probably want to swap the sword for a gun.

http://www.vnumc.net/bible_study/images/battle_won.jpg

Who wouldn't?

adoniijahsooner
2/3/2011, 05:19 PM
So we have to believe and celebrate all things gay or we will be called bigoted? I'm sorry , but I find gay love to be extraordinarily gross! Doesn't really mean I hate gays.

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 05:30 PM
Bigot

adoniijahsooner
2/3/2011, 05:37 PM
Liberals attack conservatives MUCH more than conservatives attack liberals. They are like a pack of wolves, if there is hint of someone being against what they deem their rights. Gays are getting to the point where its anti-gay to be straight.

Ton Loc
2/3/2011, 06:17 PM
Liberals attack conservatives MUCH more than conservatives attack liberals. They are like a pack of wolves, if there is hint of someone being against what they deem their rights. Gays are getting to the point where its anti-gay to be straight.

Where do you live? San Fran. If not, I wonder where you get your view of the world. Surely not anywhere in Oklahoma.

No one is going over the top (or bottom ;) )on gay people. You don't have to celebrate anything. Most are just saying who cares.

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 06:29 PM
I am a registered Democrat - (I'm really independent but registered democrat so I can always vote,) but....... I am republican as hell when it comes to this issue.

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 06:38 PM
but....... I am republican as hell when it comes to this issue.

So was Larry Craig

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 06:42 PM
So was Larry Craig

I think he is pretty liberal on this issue.

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 06:54 PM
I think he is pretty liberal on this issue.

As a republican he had a wider stance on this issue than most......

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 07:02 PM
As a republican he had a wider stance on this issue than most......

That's Funny!

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 07:09 PM
That's Funny!

Get used to it.

That's what I do around here. There is no "off" setting on my genius switch.

C&CDean
2/3/2011, 09:10 PM
Get used to it.

That's what I do around here. There is no "off" setting on my genius switch.

profit? is that you? only you and your alter-ego boast like this

FirstandGoal
2/3/2011, 09:35 PM
Dear Lord, lose my internet for a couple of days and come back to find a 10 page gay thread.

Seriously, it doesn't matter to me who has sex with who. I ain't planning on doing any of you guys ever so it really doesn't matter.

Also, IDGAS what Chick-Fila thinks about it. The way I see it, whoever owns the company and made the money in the first place has the right to donate it however the hell they want to. If people want to boycott them, then that's their choice. Again, IDGAS.

I personally choose not to eat most things at Chick-Fila because I don't consider their food to be up to my personal health standards. I personally hope that they would eventually have options on being able to order free range chicken not fed steroids and growth hormones someday, but I'm not holding my breath. Don't even get me started on the astonishing amounts of HCFS in their foods.
Either way, I'm not gonna get my panties in a wad though. Instead I'll make my own damned food and get the hell over it.

sooner ngintunr
2/3/2011, 10:21 PM
chick fil a sucks balls.

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 10:23 PM
Dear Lord, lose my internet for a couple of days and come back to find a 10 page gay thread.

Seriously, it doesn't matter to me who has sex with who. I ain't planning on doing any of you guys ever so it really doesn't matter.

If you saw me, you would want to F the sheet outta me

Honestly

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 08:36 AM
If you saw me, you would want to F the sheet outta me

Honestly

I have. I do.

Sooner_Bob
2/4/2011, 08:47 AM
I have. I do.

:eek:

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 08:48 AM
But only in the biblical sense.

JohnnyMack
2/4/2011, 09:52 AM
I think that any religion can set the terms as to who it will or will not marry.

I do not think that any government should deny equal rights to consenting adults.

I also think the concept of marriage has been hijacked by religious groups. Marriage is not a concept that developed out of religion, it was co-opted by religions, but its origins are certainly not religion based.

Good day.

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah? What's so ****ing good about it?

JohnnyMack
2/4/2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah? What's so ****ing good about it?

I'm not looking at your stupid face for one thing.

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 10:16 AM
I'm not looking at your stupid face for one thing.

Well there is that...

When you coming to Baltimore again son-of-satan?

Bourbon St Sooner
2/4/2011, 10:21 AM
chick fil a sucks balls.

No. Apparently they are against sucking balls.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 10:21 AM
I think that any religion can set the terms as to who it will or will not marry.

I do not think that any government should deny equal rights to consenting adults.

I also think the concept of marriage has been hijacked by religious groups. Marriage is not a concept that developed out of religion, it was co-opted by religions, but its origins are certainly not religion based.

Good day.

Excellent post. Our personal religion should have an influence on how we live our own lives, but should have nothing to do with how we expect others to live their lives.

JohnnyMack
2/4/2011, 10:33 AM
Well there is that...

When you coming to Baltimore again son-of-satan?

Not til late March.

Sacramento coming up soon. Oh joy.

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 11:49 AM
Get to go hang with Ahnold and Governor Moonbeam huh? Groovy.

I should still be up here (DC) in late March. Let me know when you're coming and I'll make sure I find something else to do.