PDA

View Full Version : Faxes and Snow

bent rider
1/31/2011, 02:55 PM
So with Snowmageddon being predicted by some (I'm looking at you, Mike Morgan), death, destruction, power and communications outages coming for the next couple of days, I'm wondering what contingencies for National Signing Day are being set up around the Big-12.

I mean has Bob Stoops set up a Red Cross shelter at the football offices? Will they have cots and food and stuff there for the staff? Will there be a technician there to keep the fax machine ice-free? Do they have back-up communication via satellite phone and ham radio?

KantoSooner
1/31/2011, 02:59 PM
All of the above PLUS, Bob has a pack of trained, homing Howler Monkeys. Those lil bastages are fast, can cover broken terrain and BY GOD DELIVER THE MAIL.

We're set.

Aries
1/31/2011, 03:01 PM
Nope, Bob will just tell 'em to rub some dirt on it, they'll be fine!

bent rider
1/31/2011, 03:08 PM
KFOR simulation of OU Memorial Stadium Wednesday morning. Bob Stoops approaches the press box from the top of the ice pack...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UWGBPpDOW1k/Sl3tu1AfTsI/AAAAAAAABls/gbJ3sqDaE8I/s400/ice-station-zebra.jpg

SoonerDomiNation
1/31/2011, 03:32 PM
Everyone be careful and safe this could get ugly. Hope everyone has a generator.

MichiganSooner
1/31/2011, 09:56 PM
I was wondering the same thing. No snow in the area but every school in sight is already closed for Tuesday. If the storm hits as predicted, there will be no school on Wednesday either. Where will the guys find a fax machine? They won't get to sit in front of everybody and play around with assorted ballcaps.

SoonerDan74012
1/31/2011, 09:59 PM
They can just hold it at his new castle off I-35. :D

AlbqSooner
2/1/2011, 07:21 AM
If the power is out will there be no faxes?

swardboy
2/1/2011, 07:46 AM
If the power is out will there be no faxes?

This line is sig-worthy imho.

sooner518
2/1/2011, 09:52 AM
hopefully none of our recruits try to send in their faxes and get a busy signal and end up signing somewhere else!!!!!

BajaOklahoma
2/1/2011, 12:16 PM
Nobody uses a fax anymore. You print the document, sign it, scan it and e-mail it. You end up with a much cleaner document.

I'm pretty sure the OU Athletic Department will have power. They can afford a couple of generators.

bent rider
2/1/2011, 01:34 PM
hopefully none of our recruits try to send in their faxes and get a busy signal and end up signing somewhere else!!!!!

Or some kid from Florida hears about 10 degree temperatures and 40 mph wind and switches to FSU or something.

Good day for lifting and an indoor workout, anyway.