PDA

View Full Version : America's Team - Green Bay Packers

SoonerPr8r
1/31/2011, 11:44 AM
For all the Pack fans on the board. Also it does mention OU so I figured it had a place on this board.

Remember the movie, "Working Girl?" Vintage Melanie Griffith in all her vacuum-cleaning, high-heeled glory?

Anyway, Griffith's Tess McGill resorts to identity theft to climb the corporate ladder. She junks her Staten Island accent, borrows her injured boss' Chanel outfits and helps engineer a huge radio network acquisition. But her best friend warns her: "Sometimes I sing and dance around the living room in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will."

That's how I feel about the Dallas Cowboys. They can sing and dance around their $1.2 billion stadium all they want, but it doesn't make them "America's Team." Never will.

And while I have a very soft spot for the Pittsburgh Steelers, they're not "America's Team," either. They're not even Pennsylvania's team.

No, it's the Green Bay Packers. Has to be. And this just isn't me talking. Someone once asked the late, great NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle to name the best football city in the country. Rozelle didn't hesitate.

"Green Bay," he said. "A small town. People owning their own football team. Rabid supporters."

Exactly. The Packers are the only publicly owned major sports franchise in the country. No dividends are issued on the 4,750,937 shares held by the 112,158 shareholders. Instead, these people invest in the Packers out of football love, not profit. How American is that?

They bailed the franchise out in 1923, 1935, 1950 and 1997. They pepper the team president and team general manager with questions, good ones, at the annual shareholders meeting. NFL commish Roger Goodell attended last July's event -- and got Q-and-A'd into submission by the football-savvy Packers owners.

And, by the way, shareholders vote for the team's board of directors. Nothing against Steelers fans, but Packers followers do more than wave Terrible Towels. They influence team policy.

Curly Lambeau and George Calhoun established the Packers' franchise in 1919. That's 14 years before Art Rooney Sr. purchased the then-named Pittsburgh Pirates. That's 23 years before Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was even born and 33 years before the Dallas Texans became the last NFL franchise to fail.

Sorry, "America's Team" isn't supposed to fold.

So the Packers have history on their side. First publicly owned NFL franchise. First NFL franchise to hire a gap-toothed Vince Lombardi as its head coach. First team to win the Super Bowl. First team to win two Super Bowls in a row. First team to have a Broadway play about its head coach. First team to make "frozen tundra" part of the football lexicon.

The Packers are the ultimate American success story. They survived and now prosper in the smallest city in the league. They've won 12 NFL championships and three Super Bowls. Hmmm. Maybe that's why it's called the Lombardi Trophy, not the Jones or Rooney.

Don't get me wrong. The Steelers and Cowboys have formidable trophy cases, too. But it took the Steelers 41 years to win their first championship. And the Cowboys franchise was still in diapers when Lombardi was beating the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl I.

Ever been to Lambeau Field? It's the Fenway Park of the NFL. It's perfect. It's also unpretentious.

At JerryWorld you get The Art At Cowboys Stadium, including such exquisite pieces as "Unexpected Variable Configuration: A Work in Situ." At Lambeau, you get a hot brat, a cold beer and a chorus of "Go, Pack, Go" while smooshed next to some guy wearing a cheesehead and orange hunting overalls. You tell me what sounds like more fun.

The most-watched show in the 2009 fall TV season was a Packers game. The second-most-watched show in cable history is a Packers game. Five of the top 20 most-watched shows in the fall of 2010 were Packers games.

The real "America's Team" doesn't have professional cheerleaders or a domed stadium. (And to the Rooney family's credit, neither do the Steelers.) You go to a Packers game and you feel like you're at Army-Navy, Bama-Auburn, OU-Texas.

I don't care how much merchandise they sell or how big their stadium is, the Cowboys aren't "America's Team." How can you be "America's Team" when just as many people are rooting against you as they are for you?

Plus, the Cowboys aren't football relevant anymore. In the past 15 years they've won exactly two playoff games and appeared in zero NFC Championship Games. Compare that to the Steelers over the same period (14 wins, two Super Bowl wins, three conference titles) and the Packers (12 wins, one Super Bowl win, three conference titles).

The Packers and Steelers are built for success. The Cowboys are built for melodrama and coaching turnover. And as it turns out, JerryWorld was built so the Packers and Steelers could play Super Bowl XLV there.

So on behalf of the Packers, thank you, Jerry.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=6074035&sportCat=nfl

texaspokieokie
1/31/2011, 11:54 AM
claiming to be "America's Team" gains you nothing except with your fans.
For the cowgirls it has only put a target on their backs.

one other thing about the cowgirls, Tex Schramm often claimed that they (cowgirls) were the 1st team to have professional (actually didn't get paid that much, a mere pittance) cheer leaders.

an article in the DMN a week or so ago, stated that Green Bay had cheerleaders as far back as 1930 or 31. way before the cow patties
even existed. i think it said they were dis-banded about 1985.

another lis perpetuated by dallas & their crummy team.

tfoolry
1/31/2011, 12:01 PM
Cowboys will always be America's Team whether they win or lose. Haters always gonna hate on them due to that fact.

NormanPride
1/31/2011, 12:13 PM
When the majority of America couldn't care less about you, you can't claim to be their team.

oudavid1
1/31/2011, 12:17 PM
All you Packer fans are starting to make me wanna cheer for the Steelers. Even though im a titans fan.

KantoSooner
1/31/2011, 12:20 PM
I find it border line weird that the writer spent so much time on the cowboys. At this time, the cowboys are irrelevent. They are not a playoff team, they seem doomed for the next several years to endure player and coaching turnover. They're just in one of those ruts that teams go through.

and yet this guy was treating them like they were the big gorilla to knock off.

Seems a little penis envy-ish to me, Methinks perhaps Green Bay is not quite so satisfied with their 'Sault o' de earth, blue collah, shot 'n a beer' image as they like to pretend.

badger
1/31/2011, 12:20 PM
I was beyond ticked when ESPN decided to vote on which city would be "Titletown, USA." I imagine a similar outcry should they ever try to determine which team is "America's Team"

I'll let Dallas keep "America's Team" if we get to hold onto "Titletown, USA." It's on the damn city seal, after all.

As for the cheerleaders, if you want to talk even more about the packers being a community team, get this - they are cheerleaders from the two local colleges, one public (UWGB), one private (St. Norbert).

As for the stock thing, it's really kind of funny to think about... and the public didn't come to the degree of rescue the franchise was hoping for in '97. However, those that did invest $200 in a piece of paper got to attend shareholder meetings, which I don't think they ever did before then. So, that's something :)

I love my Packers. They don't need to be America's Team, because they're already my team.

SoonerPr8r
1/31/2011, 12:42 PM
Millman did a piece on the steelers
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/columns/story?columnist=millman_chad&id=6068358

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 12:45 PM
America's team schumerika's team. I don't want some bogus handle that has been associated with that POS team down there south of the Red.

Green Bay stands on their own merit as the (not one of the) most storied franchise in NFL history. They are my team, and they are going to win the galdamn Super Bowl this year.

Also, if I find out who one-starred this thread you're gonna feel like TO did when TRRW horsecollared his worthless ***.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/31/2011, 12:46 PM
Cowboys will always be America's Team whether they win or lose. Haters always gonna hate on them due to that fact.Cheering for the Dallas Cowboys is like yelling "Sarah Palin" at an NEA regional meeting??

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 12:47 PM
All you Packer fans are starting to make me wanna cheer for the Steelers. Even though im a titans fan.

Newflash. We don't give a **** what a titan fan thinks.

1/31/2011, 12:48 PM
I find it border line weird that the writer spent so much time on the cowboys. At this time, the cowboys are irrelevent. They are not a playoff team, they seem doomed for the next several years to endure player and coaching turnover. They're just in one of those ruts that teams go through.

Seems a little penis envy-ish to me, Methinks perhaps Green Bay is not quite so satisfied with their 'Sault o' de earth, blue collah, shot 'n a beer' image as they like to pretend.Da Winnah!

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 12:48 PM
When they get rid of the Unions...I'll watch again. Damn Unions are ruining it for the Owners.

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 12:50 PM
Cowboys will always be America's Team whether they win or lose. Haters always gonna hate on them due to that fact.

As long as Jerry Jones owns them...there will be no Cowboys. He's destroying the Franchise. Also...any idiot that pays over a billion dollars for a Stadium like that should have his head examined.

bigfatjerk
1/31/2011, 12:53 PM
There is no real America's team. And a team wearing 2 ugly colors like Green Bay would never have a chance in hell of getting it.

NormanPride
1/31/2011, 12:55 PM
If green and gold are ugly, you probably like orange.

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 12:58 PM
Da Winnah!

Uh, no?

If you saw anything even remotely smacking of "penis envy" or "Green Bay isn't as satisfied with their blue collar image" in that piece then you're on crack and can't read. Dallas has been called America's team. This guy makes a point that they're not. He's right. It's their little name and they can keep it. However, nobody but Dallas ninnies would call them that.

Taxman71
1/31/2011, 12:58 PM
I always thought the Cowboys were South America's team?

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 12:59 PM

Crimson and Cream is awesome and Blue and Gold is my 2nd favorite color mix.

http://www.nflpassers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/081410-Sam-Bradford-SW-PI_20100814232153_660_320.jpg

My Irish Heritage covers the Green and Pot of Gold.

tfoolry
1/31/2011, 01:00 PM

Seems a little penis envy-ish to me, Methinks perhaps Green Bay is not quite so satisfied with their 'Sault o' de earth, blue collah, shot 'n a beer' image as they like to pretend.

That's what happens when you're America's Team; always in the conversation. Everyone envies the Blue Star. :texan:

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 01:01 PM
There is no real America's team. And a team wearing 2 ugly colors like Green Bay would never have a chance in hell of getting it.

WTF is wrong with :

Green and Gold?

2121Sooner
1/31/2011, 01:02 PM
Como sobre los vaqueros?!?!??!?!

(translation might be crappy, but you get the gist)

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 01:09 PM
I think you were trying to say:

caca on los vaqueros, verdad?

Bourbon St Sooner
1/31/2011, 01:11 PM
How many Sooners are on Green Bay?

That's what I thought. Screw those commies.

btw, 3 Sooners got Super Bowl rings last year.

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 01:14 PM
How many Sooners are on Green Bay?

That's what I thought. Screw those commies.

btw, 3 Sooners got Super Bowl rings last year.

Commies? Are you ****ing drunk again?

Bourbon St Sooner
1/31/2011, 01:30 PM
What else do you call public ownership of assets?

Bourbon St Sooner
1/31/2011, 01:30 PM
And yes I may be drunk, but it's hard to tell.

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 01:36 PM
Well at least the fine citizens of Green Bay have jobs and can also spell their names - unlike the average ain't fan.

1/31/2011, 01:45 PM
NFL wins the Pro Bowl. Steelers win the Super Bowl. a fair trade.

BoulderSooner79
1/31/2011, 01:52 PM

NFL was 1-1 in the Pro Bowl, although they probably turned a profit on it.

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 01:53 PM

WTF does fair have to do with anything? You must be a liberal humper.

oudavid1
1/31/2011, 01:56 PM
Newflash. We don't give a **** what a titan fan thinks.

Since when has that EVER stopped me.

KantoSooner
1/31/2011, 02:13 PM
Uh, no?

If you saw anything even remotely smacking of "penis envy" or "Green Bay isn't as satisfied with their blue collar image" in that piece then you're on crack and can't read. Dallas has been called America's team. This guy makes a point that they're not. He's right. It's their little name and they can keep it. However, nobody but Dallas ninnies would call them that.

Fine, but who in the world has been talking about Dallas, or using their little nickname since August at the latest? Mostly, this past season, the only 'story' having any connection to Dallas has been pathos driven rubber-necking at the horrendous car wreck that was their season. And that's on top of many seasons of shambling incompetence.
To suddenly devote any ink whatsoever to an article leading up a Super Bowl featuring two teams not named 'Dallas Cowboys' smacks, to me, of the writer being eerily fixated with the pokes. It would be as though, prior to the CCG against Nebraska, the Daily Oklahoman had run a story explaining why OU was so superior to Middle Tennessee.

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 02:18 PM
Fine, but who in the world has been talking about Dallas, or using their little nickname since August at the latest? Mostly, this past season, the only 'story' having any connection to Dallas has been pathos driven rubber-necking at the horrendous car wreck that was their season. And that's on top of many seasons of shambling incompetence.
To suddenly devote any ink whatsoever to an article leading up a Super Bowl featuring two teams not named 'Dallas Cowboys' smacks, to me, of the writer being eerily fixated with the pokes. It would be as though, prior to the CCG against Nebraska, the Daily Oklahoman had run a story explaining why OU was so superior to Middle Tennessee.

Wow. Stretch much? I'll make it simple. Some morons call Dallas America's team. That's why their name was mentioned. The only reason their name was mentioned. Get it? I don't read a single iota of "poke fixation" in the piece. If you do, you're a hyper-sensitive kaboy fan.

OUthunder
1/31/2011, 02:20 PM
I'll be shocked if the packers win but very happy if they do.

Roethlisberger by all accounts is one of the biggest pricks in the league, not to mention a rapist. So, it's no easy to root for him personally and on top of it I hate the Steelers.

bent rider
1/31/2011, 03:02 PM
As a Packer fan, and shareholder, I couldn't care less about being 'merica's Team. They can have it, any team who wants it. Personally, I like the idea of playing the Steelers in the Super Bowl, another blue-collar team with deep historical roots in the NFL.

KantoSooner
1/31/2011, 03:17 PM
Otay, Deanie! Since an article ostensibly about the Super Bowl mentioned one other team other than the two who are playing, and since that one other team is having pretty much its worst performance since, well, forever, I guess that makes me 'hyper sensitive' to wonder wtf the 'boys were doing in the article and why a Pack fan would even be mentioning them.

I suppose it would be more normal to simply expect that any and all NFL conversations have to include Dallas?

And, by the way, you're getting on toward Leroy-ville: I was saying nice things about your Pack as in, Dallas doesn't belong in the conversation. No intention to start a kerfuffle.

bigfatjerk
1/31/2011, 03:28 PM

Orange is pretty damn ugly two.

deweydw
1/31/2011, 03:40 PM
Every Red Blooded American should jump in line to support the Green Bay
Packers! The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon thus
earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. By doing so, they
saved the Hard-Working, Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several
million dollars of tax money. How you say? Simple... we were told that if
the Chicago Bears had won President Obama (and probably his family)
would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team. Since the
Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from not
using Air Force 1, the limousines, all the additional security, and let's
not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several million
dollars! Therefore every American should cheer on the Green Bay Packers
at the Super Bowl to show them our gratitude.

C&CDean
1/31/2011, 03:46 PM
Otay, Deanie! Since an article ostensibly about the Super Bowl mentioned one other team other than the two who are playing, and since that one other team is having pretty much its worst performance since, well, forever, I guess that makes me 'hyper sensitive' to wonder wtf the 'boys were doing in the article and why a Pack fan would even be mentioning them.

I suppose it would be more normal to simply expect that any and all NFL conversations have to include Dallas?

And, by the way, you're getting on toward Leroy-ville: I was saying nice things about your Pack as in, Dallas doesn't belong in the conversation. No intention to start a kerfuffle.

Deanie? Leroy-ville? kerfuffle?

Dude, the guy says Dallas is sucking right now just like you. The whole piece is about "who is really America's team." It's not about the Cowboys at all, however, you cannot say "America's team" without a Cowboy mention since a bunch of morons actually believe they are. That being said, the piece is NOT. ABOUT. THE. COWBOYS. AT. ALL. And that's simply the point I was making concerning your over-the-top post about all the penis envy, etc.

Also, you call me Leroy one more time I'm gonna take away your sponsor gift.

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 03:52 PM
Just get in one of those buy a square deals that way you don't have to care about who is in the SB.

1/31/2011, 04:21 PM
WTF does fair have to do with anything? You must be a liberal humper. with those I hump, I do it liberally.

1/31/2011, 04:26 PM
...Roethlisberger by all accounts is one of the biggest pricks in the league, not to mention a rapist...I'm having a rough time pulling for teams whose leaders have a natural appeal to liberals, but maybe I'm a latent lib, just trying to "come out".

I have a Terrible Towel I can use at gametime.

1/31/2011, 04:29 PM
...I suppose it would be more normal to simply expect that any and all NFL conversations have to include Dallas?...
Hence the title: AMERICA'S TEAM

KantoSooner
1/31/2011, 04:39 PM
Deanie? Leroy-ville? kerfuffle?

Also, you call me Leroy one more time I'm gonna take away your sponsor gift.

I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET A SPONSOR GIFT?!!!!!!!

Bourbon St Sooner
2/1/2011, 01:40 PM
Well at least the fine citizens of Green Bay have jobs and can also spell their names - unlike the average ain't fan.

We'd have jobs if your damn president would get outta the way and let us drill baby drill. We don't have to spell our names down here, we just make our mark.

DailyKos thinks the Green Bay model of public ownership of assets is a fine model for our entire economy.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 01:57 PM
We'd have jobs if your damn president would get outta the way and let us drill baby drill. We don't have to spell our names down here, we just make our mark.

DailyKos thinks the Green Bay model of public ownership of assets is a fine model for our entire economy.

My president died of Alzheimer's several years ago. It's your "chocolate city" boy who's screwing the pooch now. Also, don't be jealous/hatin' just cause we're in and you goobers ain't. Deal wiff it, yo.

Seamus
2/1/2011, 02:17 PM
South Oval. Now.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 02:23 PM
Don't tell me what to do.

agoo758
2/1/2011, 02:30 PM
South Oval. Now.

:pop:

agoo758
2/1/2011, 02:38 PM
WTF is wrong with :

Green and Gold?

Better yet, Green Bay is one of the few franchises who havn't reverted to the Gay-*** retro uniforms that uglied up the eagles, lions, bengals, COWBOYS, etc. Instead we keep the same colors that have brought us the greatest tradition in all of sports.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 02:40 PM
Damn straight. I can't wait for NFL championship # lucky 13 this Sunday.

Soonerson1975
2/1/2011, 02:40 PM
Vince Lombardi had way too many vowels in his name for the Packers to ever be seriously considered for the title of America's Team.

agoo758
2/1/2011, 02:41 PM
Every Red Blooded American should jump in line to support the Green Bay
Packers! The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon thus
earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. By doing so, they
saved the Hard-Working, Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several
million dollars of tax money. How you say? Simple... we were told that if
the Chicago Bears had won President Obama (and probably his family)
would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team. Since the
Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from not
using Air Force 1, the limousines, all the additional security, and let's
not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several million
dollars! Therefore every American should cheer on the Green Bay Packers
at the Super Bowl to show them our gratitude.

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

My apologeez for the consecutive posts, but there is just too much great information in this thread to leave unadressed :D

OU_Sooners75
2/1/2011, 02:48 PM
America's team in the NFL is not Dallas or the Green Bay Fudge Packers...

It is the Steelers!

Well, at least in my biased opinion anyway!

Chiliman
2/1/2011, 03:45 PM

+1

SteelClip49
2/1/2011, 03:55 PM
My psychotic ex-gf from 2004-2006 is from Wisconsin and is a Packers fan. I hope they get brutalized by the Steel Curtain II! Can't stand the Packers.

There is no better franchise than the Steelers; the #1 pro football franchise!

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 04:38 PM
My psychotic ex-gf from 2004-2006 is from Wisconsin and is a Packers fan. I hope they get brutalized by the Steel Curtain II! Can't stand the Packers.

There is no better franchise than the Steelers; the #1 pro football franchise!

That's funny, she calls you her psychotic ex-boyfriend.

The Steelers are a fine organization. Their fans are dip****s though. One of them that works with me here is beyond obnoxious. When I came in this morning he had a little sign that said "Steelers - stairway to 7 = changing the name to 7sburgh." I just said 6 is half of 12 - the number of NFL championships the Packers have.

I've partied with a bunch of them up in the DC/Baltimore area (and there are a BUNCH of numbnuts Steeler fans up here) and they're the worse fans in the world. Even worse than some of our OU fans. They scream at the TV every play cussing the players, coaches, owner, or whoever after every play that doesn't go for a TD.

When Ed invited me up for a SB party this Sunday in Baltimore I said "nope, ain't gonna do it." He goes "why? it'll be a great time." I go "because it would be just like a group of whorns inviting me to a RRSO party in my Sooner gear. Obnoxious, pretentious, drunken, slovenly *******s just ain't who I like to hang with." He goes "well it'd be OK if the Steelers win, but if GB wins you're probably right, it wouldn't be much fun." I said "exactly, it ain't gonna be much fun for y'all."

2/1/2011, 07:12 PM
2 frozen towns from 2 frozen states...meh. flip a coin and yawn.

oumartin
2/1/2011, 07:21 PM
F@ck the packers. I hope the steelmen @ss rape them

Scott D
2/1/2011, 07:30 PM
America's team schumerika's team. I don't want some bogus handle that has been associated with that POS team down there south of the Red.

Green Bay stands on their own merit as the (not one of the) most storied franchise in NFL history. They are my team, and they are going to win the galdamn Super Bowl this year.

Also, if I find out who one-starred this thread you're gonna feel like TO did when TRRW horsecollared his worthless ***.

I'd give this **** negative stars if I could.

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 07:42 PM
F@ck the packers. I hope the steelmen @ss rape them

From a guy who spends his life skating on thin ice...

C&CDean
2/1/2011, 07:44 PM
I'd give this **** negative stars if I could.

Guess what muh****ah? You can't. Green Bay is your daddy. Your daddy's daddy. Actually, being a Lion's fan (isn't that cute, lions - rawr rawr) you may assume the position at this time and take it like a man. Not unlike the Steelers are gonna do Sunday night. Enjoy...

Scott D
2/1/2011, 07:58 PM
Guess what muh****ah? You can't. Green Bay is your daddy. Your daddy's daddy. Actually, being a Lion's fan (isn't that cute, lions - rawr rawr) you may assume the position at this time and take it like a man. Not unlike the Steelers are gonna do Sunday night. Enjoy...

not a Lions fan, that'd be the mrs. I just don't dislike the Lions....it's like the Bad News Bears to be honest.

oumartin
2/1/2011, 08:24 PM
From a guy who spends his life skating on thin ice...

Relax old timer. It's all in good fun

oudavid1
2/2/2011, 01:43 AM
Relax old timer. It's all in good fun

wait, Dean is old? (serious question)

Seamus
2/2/2011, 02:56 AM
Don't tell me what to do.

That's it? Really? Damn.

I was thinking I'd get some old-school Dean snark, some of that look-at-that-commie-Khruschev-stomp-his-shoe-because-he-knowskies-Dean-is-gonna-whup-his-arse-another-three-shades-of-Red kinda rebuke.

Damn, big fella, you just get laid and are too happy to throw down, or what?

:D

picasso
2/2/2011, 11:41 AM
Just what exactly are they packing? Sometimes that QB of theirs has a twinkle in his eye.

hmmm...

C&CDean
2/2/2011, 11:48 AM
Just what exactly are they packing? Sometimes that QB of theirs has a twinkle in his eye.

hmmm...

Packing the meat, beeyotch.

picasso
2/2/2011, 11:57 AM
Packing the meat, beeyotch.

Yeah, I figured that Dean. But do you think they wait until after the game? You know, in the locker room? Because like I said, Aaron Rodgers has a twinkle in his eye.

agoo758
2/2/2011, 12:09 PM
I wonder how many people in here who have repeated that stupid "fudge packing" joke over and over again like they are the first one have ever said it even know what a Packer is.

SoonerStormchaser
2/2/2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry, but I hope the Steel Curtain makes Rodgers their bitch on Sunday night.

C&CDean
2/2/2011, 12:34 PM
Sorry, but I hope the Steel Curtain makes Rodgers their bitch on Sunday night.

Don't you have some Geritol to serve up right about now?

C&CDean
2/2/2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I figured that Dean. But do you think they wait until after the game? You know, in the locker room? Because like I said, Aaron Rodgers has a twinkle in his eye.

So what you're saying is that he's hot, and you'd like him to pack some of your fudge. NTTAWWT.

SoonerStormchaser
2/2/2011, 12:48 PM
Don't you have some Geritol to serve up right about now?

Damn Dean, you're on a roll today...what's wrong?

olevetonahill
2/2/2011, 12:50 PM
Well they ARE called the "Packers" not the "Packees" :pop:

picasso
2/2/2011, 01:35 PM
I wonder how many people in here who have repeated that stupid "fudge packing" joke over and over again like they are the first one have ever said it even know what a Packer is.

Who said anything about fudge? Dean mentioned meat.

And I never thought I was the first to say so. You must be a packer too?

picasso
2/2/2011, 01:36 PM
So what you're saying is that he's hot, and you'd like him to pack some of your fudge. NTTAWWT.

He's prettier than Rothelburger bur his eyes seem too far apart. Northern Cali inbred-like.

76soonergrad
2/2/2011, 04:48 PM
I always thought the Cowboys were South America's team?

This is true. Common knowledge.

Mobits
2/2/2011, 05:48 PM
Green Bay Packers are America's team? LOL

America's Team is and always will be the Dallas Cowboys. I think it's a complement though how other teams always want to take that title away from them (it means they know the Cowboys ARE America's Team and everyone recognizes it). Yes, the Cowboys are down right now, but every team goes thru it at some point (except maybe the Yankees :mad: ). Dallas = 5 SB wins, GB = 3.

I was going to root for Green Bay in the SB, but their fans are starting to remind me a little of TCU fans...

2/2/2011, 06:26 PM

America's Team is and always will be the Dallas Cowboys. I think it's a complement though how other teams always want to take that title away from them (it means they know the Cowboys ARE America's Team and everyone recognizes it). Yes, the Cowboys are down right now, but every team goes thru it at some point (except maybe the Yankees :mad: ). Dallas = 5 SB wins, GB = 3.

I was going to root for Green Bay in the SB, but their fans are starting to remind me a little of TCU fans...I harken back to the early and mid 60's, when I started getting interested in the NFL(Dallas had arrived on the scene, and was a natural team for football fans in OK) The Packers were the foes, and they still are. I still pull for America's Team, even though they aren't contenders, right now.

texaspokieokie
2/2/2011, 06:30 PM
yes, the cowgirls are down rite now, (heeheehee) & if they stay down for the rest of my life; it'll be OK !!!!

C&CDean
2/2/2011, 06:53 PM

I was going to root for Green Bay in the SB, but their fans are starting to remind me a little of TCU fans...

Guess what noobile? We don't give a **** who you root for this Sunday. You're a kaboy fan and nobody likes you guys. Kinda like whorn fans.

Another thing. Green bay has 12, count them TWELVE NFL championships. You say 5 vs. 3 SBs = TCU? You must be a whorn. How many NCs has TCU won? That's what I thought. How about you take a big ol' dose of STFU? Thanks in advance.

JLEW1818
2/2/2011, 06:57 PM
lol

Mobits
2/2/2011, 10:36 PM
I am a total ****tardio.

olevetonahill
2/2/2011, 10:44 PM
LOL!! Hey, thanks for taking a break from your 10 posts a day for the past 7 years avg. to reply to my post. Not sure what a newbile is though. It's funny that I got you all riled up! Try taking a break from your web forums, porn, and xbox to brighten up your horizons.

Oh, and just for the record... nobody gives a **** about you, your thoughts about the packers, or their pre-super bowl days... Dallas Cowboys 5 Super Bowls. Green Bay 3. EAT IT.

DALLAS IS AMERICA'S TEAM, so choke on that right after you get deeeeez nuuuuuutz outta your mouth!

GO STEELERS!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:texan:

Just wanted to quote this so the nOOb cant change it . Now to sit back and watch :D :D :D :D :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

olevetonahill
2/2/2011, 11:04 PM
Heh, I posted a VBookie Bet on this at the Hideout :D :cool:

TXBOOMER
2/2/2011, 11:15 PM
I ask myself two question when deciding who to cheer for.
1. How many Sooners are on the team?
2. How many whons are on the team?

2/3/2011, 12:54 AM
2. How many whons are on the team?Jermichael Finley is a cow who originally committed to Mike Stoops at U of Arizona, then switched to the cows. Now, he plays for the Pack...GO STEELERS!!!

SoonerNate
2/3/2011, 02:52 AM
This should be fun.

C&CDean
2/3/2011, 08:23 AM
LOL!! Hey, thanks for taking a break from your 10 posts a day for the past 7 years avg. to reply to my post. Not sure what a newbile is though. It's funny that I got you all riled up! Try taking a break from your web forums, porn, and xbox to brighten up your horizons.

Oh, and just for the record... nobody gives a **** about you, your thoughts about the packers, or their pre-super bowl days... Dallas Cowboys 5 Super Bowls. Green Bay 3. EAT IT.

DALLAS IS AMERICA'S TEAM, so choke on that right after you get deeeeez nuuuuuutz outta your mouth!

GO STEELERS!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:texan:

You just don't like living, do ya boy?

texaspokieokie
2/3/2011, 09:43 AM
2. How many whons are on the team?

what if the same team has the most horns & Sooners ???

agoo758
2/3/2011, 12:44 PM
Who said anything about fudge? Dean mentioned meat.

And I never thought I was the first to say so. You must be a packer too?

You obviously havn't bothered to read any of this thread before replying to me.

agoo758
2/3/2011, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=Mobits;3136685] Dallas = 5 SB wins, GB = 3.

QUOTE]

Seeing that you are a Cowboy fan, I will forgive you for your lack of football knowledge, given that it's common among your kind.

Contrary to what what Cowpuke fans think, the NFL has held championship games decades before the first Superbowl.

Number of Packer Championships:12

Number of Cowboy Championships:5

I hate the Cowboys, I hate all athletics associated with Texas, and I hate Texas period. Know-nothing POS's

2/3/2011, 12:52 PM
what if the same team has the most horns & Sooners ???Then, you go to the next tiebreaker...which is?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2011, 12:54 PM
Mobits is America's poster

agoo758
2/3/2011, 12:55 PM
Then, you go to the next tiebreaker...which is?

The Pack. They win all tiebreakers.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 01:08 PM
Mobits is America's poster

Mobits took one for the team:D

picasso
2/3/2011, 01:17 PM
You obviously havn't bothered to read any of this thread before replying to me.

No I haven't, and I shant do so.

THE-JROD
2/3/2011, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=Mobits;3136685] Dallas = 5 SB wins, GB = 3.

QUOTE]

Seeing that you are a Cowboy fan, I will forgive you for your lack of football knowledge, given that it's common among your kind.

Contrary to what what Cowpuke fans think, the NFL has held championship games decades before the first Superbowl.

Number of Packer Championships:12

Number of Cowboy Championships:5

I hate the Cowboys, I hate all athletics associated with Texas, and I hate Texas period. Know-nothing POS's

Ok, I am a Dallas Cowboys fan from Oklahoma and I dont care who wants to downgrade me for that. I grew up on my fathers knee watchin the games and just really enjoyed watching them play. Still love watching them play!

I dont agree with this statement whatsoever!!! There are gonna be fans of every single team that lack some sort of football knowledge. I can sit here and say that about Packer fans and Steeler fans, which still does not take anything away from those fans that know everything about their team and the sport of football. So because you may hate everything associated with Texas, does not mean you can say its common for Dallas Cowboy fans to lack football knowledge.

Now in closing, you can take this post however you want, doesnt really affect me one way or another, but I am just saying all this in response that there are fans of every team that will lack football knowledge. Just how it goes.