PDA

View Full Version : A different side of Durant

Collier11
1/30/2011, 08:16 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Kevin Durant drew a rare technical foul for jawing with Miami's Chris Bosh in the first quarter of their game Sunday. And he wasn't done talking.

When asked about it after the game, Durant had more harsh words for Bosh.

"I was talking to my teammate and he decided he wanted to put his 2 cents into it. I'm a quiet guy, a laid-back guy, but I'm not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He's on a good team now, so he thinks he can talk a little bit," Durant said.

"There's a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he's one of them," Durant added.

Durant says he was upset because Bosh got involved in his conversation with a teammate. Bosh says Durant was telling James Harden that next time, he should dunk on Bosh. Bosh had fouled Harden on the previous play to prevent a fast-break layup.

"I think he was telling Harden to dunk on me, or dunk the next one," Bosh said before giving a cleaned-up version of the exchange. "I expressed that, `No, he's not going to dunk that.' And he expressed, `Yes, he is.' It just kind of went back and forth."

Both Durant and Bosh were called for technical fouls. It was Bosh's second of the season and the first that will count against Durant, who also had one rescinded earlier this season.

"I'm no punk. I wasn't even talking to him, first off. He decided to butt in and I'm not going to just let that slide, especially in our house," Durant said. "Like I said, he's not one of those guys that I look at and say, `Oh, he has a rap for talking back to guys or always getting into it.'

"No, he's a nice guy. He's not one of those guys, so I'm not going to let that type of person say something to me like that," he added.

Durant said he considers Bosh "a cool dude" off the floor, but "once I step on the floor, all that stuff goes out the door."

"I don't think it was anything to get a tech over," Bosh said. "It was just talking. He stood his ground, and I respect that."

Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook got his third technical foul of the season for swinging his fist in the air after being whistled for a personal foul against Mario Chalmers in the final minute of the first half. Miami's Dwyane Wade picked up his sixth of the season in the fourth quarter while protesting after Serge Ibaka blocked his layup attempt.

"All of us, we're all so competitive, and when we get into circumstances in the fourth quarter, there's going to be tough calls on both sides," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said.

soonerbub
1/30/2011, 08:40 PM
meh

**** like this happens in every game--good on KD for stepping up but bad on KD for consistently getting raked all day by king james and bosh. I mean I love the guy (even tho he was a whorn) but dude hit the bench press before you start talkin' about "fake tough guys" cause in the muthafukin league that **** can backfire real quick (think Jordan rules/bad boys)

was this an Oklahoman article? (let's try to stir **** up even tho the Thunder is nowhere near ready for a "big time" rivalry)

Collier11
1/30/2011, 08:51 PM
Nowhere near? We are the only team in the West playoffs last year who challenged the Lakers and we damn near beat them.

Also, it was an ESPN article

soonerbub
1/30/2011, 09:00 PM
but...we didn't beat em :(

look at how many years it took MJ or even Kobe to earn respect. The Pistons beat the **** outta MJ before he decided to bulk up and dish out punishment.

I know it's a different league now but KD has been somewhat sheltered from the wrath of enforcers (partly because he's so smoooooth)

Just look at how Artest handled him last year in crunch time
like I said I really do love the guy but he is not a Jedi yet (I am VERY confident that he will be tho)

this could get blown outta proportion by the press and hurt him--just let your ballin' speak for itself young fella

KBoomer11
1/30/2011, 09:54 PM
Loved this from Durant. Bosh was trying to be a punk and he let him know that wasn't gonna fly. It's nice to see some fire from him.

ouleaf
1/31/2011, 10:03 AM
Like to see KD sticking up for himself, and I do agree with him about Bosh being a fake tough guy. Both Bosh and KD are by no means thug types and I think they both would get their arses kicked if they ever got in a real fight with a K-Mart type player.

None are worse the Kevin Garnett though. That guy is all talk. He'll act tough and talk sheet to guys that are obviously smaller than he is, but can you imagine him actually standing a chance in a fight against Howard, Amare, or Chandler in Dallas.

stoopified
1/31/2011, 02:04 PM
KD is a man and he ain't 40

Partial Qualifier
2/1/2011, 09:21 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think KD's out-of-character postgame behavior had less to do with Bosh's comments and more to do with getting showed up, taken to school and basically pwned by LeBron James.

SoonerNate
2/1/2011, 10:01 PM
Loved this from Durant. Bosh was trying to be a punk and he let him know that wasn't gonna fly. It's nice to see some fire from him.

Yeah, KD is clear as all the wind driven snow up there isn't he? Where was the outrage when KD punched Channing Frye in the nuts? Tirico should stick to golf coverage

KBoomer11
2/1/2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah, KD is clear as all the wind driven snow up there isn't he? Where was the outrage when KD punched Channing Frye in the nuts? Tirico should stick to golf coverage

KG?

SoonerNate
2/1/2011, 11:04 PM
I was wondering when someone would catch that. ; )

yankee
2/2/2011, 02:15 AM
Unfortunately, the media makes KD out to be an angel-darling. I'm not saying he's not a good guy. He's one of my favorite NBA players and by the looks of it, he IS a very good guy. I just have a feeling this happens a lot more than the media is trying to say. It's the NBA. There's smack talk all the time.

Eielson
2/2/2011, 05:46 PM
deleted

soonerbub
2/3/2011, 07:40 PM
Nice bounce back last night KD--dude was EN FUEGO

If we sweep this back-to-back the Thunder Express has a chance to really roll into the All-Star break with games vs Memphis, Sacky, Golden St, & Sacky again spread out over 10 days

starrca23
2/5/2011, 11:47 AM
meh

**** like this happens in every game--good on KD for stepping up but bad on KD for consistently getting raked all day by king james and bosh. I mean I love the guy (even tho he was a whorn) but dude hit the bench press before you start talkin' about "fake tough guys" cause in the muthafukin league that **** can backfire real quick (think Jordan rules/bad boys)

What the hell does this even mean? "All day?" They have only played once and it was a close game. "Jordan Rules?" What does that have to do with trash talk?

soonerbub
2/5/2011, 04:20 PM
In a nutshell--when ya get knocked down ya get back up

he has done that I'm happy again :)

it's a learning curve thing he's got it

oh and **** Bosh

starrca23
2/6/2011, 03:09 PM
Ah, for some reason I thought you were saying Durant needed to shutup or he would get the badboy treatment...

Collier11
2/7/2011, 12:13 PM
and im sick of people saying KD needs to hit the weight room, thats not his game. He will never be someone that is going to dominate down low, ppl still cant stop him. Id be willing to bet he is a lot stronger than you think anyway

Eielson
2/7/2011, 01:54 PM
While I agree that the bench press argument is almost completely pointless for now, I've seen girls with bigger arms than KD.

Collier11
2/7/2011, 02:24 PM
True, I flew to Seattle with him and the dudes arms and legs are skinnier than my ****, and thats skinny :D

birddog
2/21/2011, 08:39 PM
wow, that's hardcore.

durant and the thunder are great for OKC. still can't believe there's a team. we've got some of the better young guys that seem to have their wits about them.

between them and blake griffin (and our boys not lookin so good) i've never watched as much nba since dr. j days when i was 7.