PDA

View Full Version : Hey CrimsonRez

MiccoMacey
1/30/2011, 11:17 AM
I was reading one of your posts when this little conversation came up:

You have "Tuck Fexas" as their sig line. We've all heard it before...nothing big.

My 7 year-old daughter walks up behind me and says, "Daddy, what's Tuck Fexas?"

I said "Somebody probably just mis-typed something."

She said, "Well, that word is obviously Texas. The other is probably _uck." She then goes on and repeats the word. "I wonder what they meant by _uck?"

I just said, "Someone probably misspelled a different word.", and clicked on to a different site.

She had absolutely no idea what she was saying.

I had to leave the room so as not to laugh in her face. It just wasn't the conversation I wanted to have with her this morning, explaining to a little girl what certain words mean.

Just thought you might find it as funny as I did.

owenfieldreams
1/30/2011, 01:29 PM
A few years ago, way too many to be accurate in terms of the precise time, I took one of my kids to the game in Dallas. I always go in early to watch the teams warm up. We're sitting there when a guy with his daughter sits down a few rows in front of us, right behind a guy who'd been there for some time.

The guy who'd been there had a t-shirt on that we've all seen that said on the back, "OU SUCKS AND A&M SWALLOWS". The poor guy with his daughter, who couldn't have been more than 7-8 sat right behind the guy the entire game. I kept asking myself, what is this guy saying to his daughter? What is she thinking? Fortunately, my child didn't question the shirt but the guy w/his daughter had to be a little uneasy throughout the entire game.

oudavid1
1/30/2011, 01:38 PM
I wont take my kids until they can drive to OU-Texas. I honestly think that women and children shouldnt go unless they can handle it. This isnt Ohio State/Michigan or Alabama/Auburn. This is a real rivalry. We really hate them.

Seamus
1/30/2011, 01:41 PM
How many kids do you have, David?

;)

oudavid1
1/30/2011, 01:50 PM

;)

i meant eventually.

adoniijahsooner
1/30/2011, 01:51 PM

;)

:D

Memtig14
1/30/2011, 02:31 PM
My brother and I had to try and explain it to my very prim and proper English teacher Grandmother.......it was not a fun experience.

I don't keep anything like that around the house anymore......I have too many grandkids to "explain" this kind of thing.

But I still think it in my head.

CrimsonRez
1/30/2011, 06:12 PM
lol thats funny man, i never thought a little one would ask about it :D

MyT Oklahoma
1/30/2011, 08:25 PM
I did. That's funny.

Sooner in Tampa
1/31/2011, 10:49 AM
My daughter had a similar experience when she was about 8 yrs old. My wife took to Raymond James Stadium for a big book signing the Buccaneers had after they won the Super Bowl...so...as usual, their are long lines

While you stood in line, they were showing highlights from the Super Bowl winning year...the NFC playoff game was against the Eagles...during the video someone was holding up a sign that said "Phuck Philly"...she was looking at the sign and sounding it out...once she figured it out...she said very loudly and very proudly Phuck Philly...everybody that heard starting laughing...so she started crying, because she realized she had said one of the words on "The List"

My wife scooped her up and reassured her that it was fine...she understood.

We re-live this story a couple of times a year.