PDA

View Full Version : If You're Having a Bad Day

CrimsonRez
1/30/2011, 02:04 AM
read this and you will feel much much much better :)

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=115347

Keller Sooner
1/30/2011, 03:25 AM
They're early this year. They usually don't become delusional until the middle of the summer. Bwahahahahaha...National Title contender.

CrimsonRez
1/30/2011, 03:49 AM
my favorite was the guy who created the thread

Breadburner
1/30/2011, 06:15 AM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=115314

Flagstaffsooner
1/30/2011, 06:53 AM
I hate Texas Tech more than any other team in the conference.

That breaks my heart. I thought that we were the only ones that they hated. Two timing pokes.:stunned:

101sooner
1/30/2011, 07:54 AM
Heh!! I' tried to say something, but I must have drunk posted after last year's football game.

"You have been banned for the following reason:
You're a goon, only here to cause trouble. You can cause trouble on the Bedlam & Flame board. Your main board privs have been revoked.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

soonerloyal
1/30/2011, 08:35 AM
"T-shirt fans". There they go again. I never did understand that half-baked concept - someone "having" to be an alum to earn their right to be a fan.

If someone did research into everyone cheering for OSU (or any program for that matter), I'd lay down good money that more did not graduate from the university than those who did. That illogical mindset just makes little sense.

Using that crooked line of thinking, what would be the protocol for fandom of pro teams? If you moved out of an area, would you "forfeit" your "right" to cheer for an NFL, NBA, NHL team?

Aries
1/30/2011, 08:54 AM
I *tried* to enroll at OU when I first became a fan, but they would not accept 10 year olds. :)

Soonerjeepman
1/30/2011, 09:19 AM
I "tried" at 6...damn admissions....

and unfortunately I'm a "t-shirt" fan...never went to OU...lived in Ks and just didn't think of it...and I wear t-shirts.....oh the madness...

fadada1
1/30/2011, 10:01 AM
2nd and 3rd sentences in the opening post:

Im tired of hearing their fans talk about how "great" they are going to be next season. And how the hell is their recruiting class so good?

that isn't a case of the "pot calling the kettle black", it's a case of the pot trying to tell the kettle that it (the pot) really isn't a pot at all.

MORONS!!!!!

MiccoMacey
1/30/2011, 10:03 AM
My mother is a diehard OSU fan...she never attended OSU (although she did live in student-married housing when my dad was going to school there).

My sister is a diehard OSU fan...attends most wrestling matches to this day (I'll be seeing her today when OSU wrestles NC State). She never attended OSU. And she's a bigger supporter than most OSU fans I know.

Trust me...I graduated from OSU. They're more delusional about stupid things like this than probably any other fan base.

OUthunder
1/30/2011, 10:09 AM
I found it humorous how one poster almost had an online orgasm about possibly beating Tech two years in a row.

Way to reach for the stars dude, lol.

picasso
1/30/2011, 11:21 AM
My mother is a diehard OSU fan...she never attended OSU (although she did live in student-married housing when my dad was going to school there).

My sister is a diehard OSU fan...attends most wrestling matches to this day (I'll be seeing her today when OSU wrestles NC State). She never attended OSU. And she's a bigger supporter than most OSU fans I know.

Trust me...I graduated from OSU. They're more delusional about stupid things like this than probably any other fan base.

Yep, I first heard this silly mantra years ago at Eskimo Joe's. A guy I was sitting next to brought it up unprovoked, how oSu folks are the best fans because they all went to school there.

I got up moved in mid sentence.

agoo758
1/30/2011, 12:09 PM
That breaks my heart. I thought that we were the only ones that they hated. Two timing pokes.:stunned:

Yeah....bunch of fair-weather-fan-cheatin gooners!:mad: ..........:pop:

oudavid1
1/30/2011, 01:34 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/9koto9.jpg

Holy Sh**

Im new to this. Can i meet this guy. Pllleeeeaaasssseeeee let me at him!

Widescreen
1/30/2011, 01:50 PM
I found it humorous how one poster almost had an online orgasm about possibly beating Tech two years in a row.

Way to reach for the stars dude, lol.

I wish we could beat Tech 2 years in a row. :O

KantoSooner
1/30/2011, 03:21 PM
"No question they're loaded, but a lot can happen between now and November.

If they lose their QB or Broyles during the season, they could lose a couple of games prior to ours."

So, to paraphrase: "OSU has an excellent shot at beating OU if OU has injuries to key stars"

That's the kind of keen insight and seasoned commentary that keeps readers coming back to Orange Power for football wisdom.

goingoneight
1/30/2011, 04:21 PM
2011 off-season:
"If they lose Broyles and Jones, we'll beat them."

2010 off-season:
"Without McCoy and Williams, we'll beat them in Stoolwater."

2009 off-season:
"If they just lose Bradford, Williams, Gresham, Reynolds, and Eldridge, we'll beat them."

2006 off-season:
"If they lose their QB and Adrian Peterson, we'll beat them for sure in Stillwater."

... see how this goes?

Salt City Sooner
1/30/2011, 05:47 PM
I'd love even more to wipe A$M's *** all over the field again.
That's the only time I've ever seen somebody get "wiped all over the field" in a game that was tied up until the last play.

Cornfed
1/30/2011, 05:49 PM
They have OU T-shirts......

Sooner_Tuf
1/30/2011, 07:12 PM
Yep, I first heard this silly mantra years ago at Eskimo Joe's. A guy I was sitting next to brought it up unprovoked, how oSu folks are the best fans because they all went to school there.

I got up moved in mid sentence.

It's a different breed up there in Stillwater. I don't think there is anything like it anywhere else in America. To be there on game day and see hundreds of people dressed in ill fitting, retina burning orange all sharing their worldly knowledge like a herd of 80 IQ Aristotles.

I really believe they missed the mark naming their stadium after Boone Pickens when the Pied Piper name was available.

oudavid1
1/30/2011, 07:13 PM
That's the only time I've ever seen somebody get "wiped all over the field" in a game that was tied up until the last play.

not to mention A&Ms backup threw 5 picks.

MyT Oklahoma
1/30/2011, 08:21 PM
They actually have fan boards over there? Seriously? Really?

I've never been there so I have to ask. LOL

oubose
1/30/2011, 09:49 PM
Haha

silverwheels
1/30/2011, 11:39 PM
It's funny how they complain about "t-shirt uo fans", when any sports organization, college or pro, that has any amount of success gains new fans, including OSU. I've seen more orange around the OKC area in the past year than I have the previous decade. They're ignorant of their own ignorance.

yankee
1/31/2011, 12:58 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/9koto9.jpg

Holy Sh**

Im new to this. Can i meet this guy. Pllleeeeaaasssseeeee let me at him!

David, why don't you just hang back with us and let the big boyz do the smack talking. I've seen your posts on shaggybevo..............lol

NOVSooner
1/31/2011, 08:29 AM
Can we get a word count on how many times they used the word "should"?!

oudavid1
1/31/2011, 09:13 AM
David, why don't you just hang back with us and let the big boyz do the smack talking. I've seen your posts on shaggybevo..............lol

wait before of after they banned me 7 times?

lol i was trying to be nice over there. then i just made em look stupid.

my accounts were:

oudavid1
oudavid2
oudavid3
oudavidlovesshaggy
ouyoullneverbanmedave
yallwantsomecookiesdave
rick

they love me!

oudavid1
1/31/2011, 09:14 AM
Can we get a word count on how many times they used the word "should"?!

lol

Mad Dog Madsen
1/31/2011, 10:08 AM
wait before of after they banned me 7 times?

lol i was trying to be nice over there. then i just made em look stupid.

my accounts were:

oudavid1
oudavid2
oudavid3
oudavidlovesshaggy
ouyoullneverbanmedave
yallwantsomecookiesdave
rick

they love me!

LMAO! I've seen all your oudavid accounts over there. They banned me too. :(

oudavid1
1/31/2011, 10:10 AM
LMAO! I've seen all your oudavid accounts over there. They banned me too. :(

lol they cant ban me. but they like to try.

texas bandman
1/31/2011, 12:50 PM

We will, they have to come to Norman again next year. :D

StoopTroup
1/31/2011, 12:55 PM
Being Champions of the Big XII nearly every year...is all I need. Those loSurs can write anything they want. I don't need to read their drool to know it and i don't need to read it to know they are losers.....the scoreboard does it for me every year....when it doesn't....even the Groundhog don't give a ****....every now and then a squirrel gets lucky and finds a nut.

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/31/2011, 01:38 PM
I loved this one. These idiots haven't even figured out the Nebraska left for the Big10 yet!

"Okcpokefan
Wrangler

Re: Doesnt matter what any of u say, can we all agree...
My top 5 Conference hate list consists of:

1. UO x a ton...thats a given.
2.TxTch (according to them we are considered "xerox u" because we want to be like a school with 1 National title.
3. Texass
4. aTm
5. Nebbish Football"

SoonerPr8r
1/31/2011, 01:45 PM
I loved this one. These idiots haven't even figured out the Nebraska left for the Big10 yet!

"Okcpokefan
Wrangler

2.TxTch (according to them we are considered "xerox u" because we want to be like a school with 1 National title.
3. Texass
4. aTm
5. Nebbish Football"

Not only that but they can't count.....

CowboyMRW
1/31/2011, 01:54 PM

"Okcpokefan
Wrangler

3. Texass
4. aTm
5. Nebbish Football"

Well fwiw, Nebraska is technically still in the conference so he's not wrong there. Trust me, we know all about the conference realignment stuff going on

Sooner_Tuf
1/31/2011, 04:37 PM
Trust me, we know all about the conference realignment stuff going on

Umm No. I don't believe you guys know anything that is going on. If you did you wouldn't be here. But you are.

Jdog
2/1/2011, 08:16 PM
Someone is spufin. That sounded like a couple of 4th graders.

agoo758
2/1/2011, 09:03 PM
Why do some of those guys call us UO? Are they stupid or something? :mad:

LASooner
2/1/2011, 09:06 PM
Great, now we're all going to die from the giant irony vortex forming over Stillwater

BigJerm7
2/2/2011, 06:23 AM
best oline in the country?

picasso
2/2/2011, 11:24 AM
The Pokes need to look no further than how their secondary performed in crunch time against Nebraska and OU this past season.
You don't give up a couple of 60-75 yard TD passes in the 4th quarter.

That's what oSu football really is.

texaspokieokie
2/2/2011, 11:31 AM

we @ OU would like that. prolly will happen since Tech comes to norman twice in a row.

AlboSooner
2/2/2011, 01:08 PM
I expect our team to be a true national championship contender next year.

heh

auto
2/2/2011, 01:29 PM
Think that thread is funny look at this one-

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=115635

Program sells itself

Gundy will be just like Osborn (nebraska)

picasso
2/2/2011, 01:38 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs715.snc4/63537_476012027004_99307042004_5962093_7501688_n.j pg

NMSooner'80
2/2/2011, 03:25 PM
It's a different breed up there in Stillwater. I don't think there is anything like it anywhere else in America. To be there on game day and see hundreds of people dressed in ill fitting, retina burning orange all sharing their worldly knowledge like a herd of 80 IQ Aristotles.

It's been like that ever since I became old enough to drive (1973). There used to be an unused billboard south of Norman, near the long-since-closed Nickerson Farms store, that some Poke laid claim to back in '73. 1973 was nicknamed "The Year of the Cowboy," and the billboard painter made it very clear to all southbound drivers.

That was the year that Fairbanks left, some guy named Switzer got the job, and OU was going on probation over the Kerry Jackson eligibility situation. OSU in '72 somehow beat Colorado in Stillwater (we lost to them up in Boulder), so despite the fact that OU pounded them again in Norman, they were supremely confident that probation-depleted OU was coming to Rustoleum Stadium to face a more-experienced Cowboy bunch.

Little did they know that some technically "new" starters included the younger Selmons, Tinker Owens and Joe Washington (who was officially Greg Pruitt's backup in '72). By the time the end of the season rolled around, OU was unbeaten and the Pokes had a 5-3-2 record. And of course, the resulting 45-18 beatdown (it was 45-6 until they got two garbage-time TD's) meant that the "Year of the Cowboy" resulted in half as many wins (5) as the "Cheatin' Gooners" (10) got.

That didn't deter the billboard painter, who X'ed out 1973 and put 1974 right below it. And of course, that wasn't exactly the Year of the Cowboy either.

CowboyMRW
2/2/2011, 04:00 PM

If we win at Tech next year, it would be 3 in row we've beaten them.

goingoneight
2/4/2011, 08:13 PM
Well, we won three BIG 12 Championships in a row, so :P

:D