PDA

View Full Version : Dear Jeff Capel

oudavid1
1/29/2011, 09:16 PM
No matter what you see, or hear, or read.

I think your a great coach, and i want you to stay. I trust you to lead us from troubled waters. Boomer Sooner!

-Sooner Fan Oudavid1

THE-JROD
1/29/2011, 09:27 PM
Ya think Jeff Capel will get on here and read that?? :D

Eielson
1/29/2011, 09:49 PM
I'm sure he feels better now.

oulucas
1/29/2011, 09:52 PM
I, for one, at least appreciate the gesture given the fervor with which Capel has been criticized with in the past two months. I too support Coach Capel and the Sooners.

THE-JROD
1/29/2011, 10:04 PM
Heh, i never said I didnt support him....just wonderin if he ever has the time to get on and check up on Soonerfans :D

BudsBoy
1/29/2011, 11:41 PM
OU won despite the head coach and the **** poor defense he teaches.

badger
1/30/2011, 12:10 AM
I am sure Jeff Capel is a good father to his daughters and good husband to his wife, and I'm sorry to deviate from my normal expected merry sunshine attitude, but I still think that it would be mutually beneficial for Capel to get a fresh start elsewhere.

However, I will continue to cheer for the OU mens team regardless of who the coach is.

bigfatjerk
1/30/2011, 12:34 AM
We'll be bringing back the Fire Capel thread after we lose 5 of our next 7 or whatever it'll be. Look I think Jeff gets another year because he's a good guy. But you can't be this bad at the level of an Oklahoma. Next year is pretty much an NCAA tourney year or Jeff is probably out.

LiveLaughLove
1/30/2011, 12:51 AM
Good win tonight. I am one of those that think (and still think) that his coaching skills are limited, but a good win and he deserves credit for it. I blame him for the losses, I'll credit him for the win.

I hope that he can turn things around and prove me (and most others) wrong about his x's and o's.

So once more, congratz on the good win coach! Here's to many more!

yermom
1/30/2011, 12:58 AM
did you tweet that? :D

i'm not a huge basketball fan by any means, but i'm not quite ready to think he should be gone. i'd like to see what happens when he gets to develop some guys for a couple of years. guys that actually want to play together, and want to be here.

jdsooner
1/30/2011, 01:18 AM
I think that Capel is doing a great job this year. No one expected this team to win 3 Big 12 games this year. We will be better next year and will have some returning starters to build on.

KBoomer11
1/30/2011, 01:48 AM
You know how far we have fallen with such joy after beating IOWA STATE

yermom
1/30/2011, 02:02 AM
we seemed to lose there a lot when we were good...

Eielson
1/30/2011, 02:17 AM
I thought everybody wanted to see Capel win without much talent. Why is everybody still upset? This team has come a long way. The team was absolutely torn apart in the off-season by scandal and bad attitudes. We got rid of all the bad attitudes, and everybody knew we were going to be lacking in quite a few areas. Anybody who had high expectations for this season is out of their mind. Most people had us finishing 12th in the Big XII. The fact that this team is tied for 5th in the conference 6 games into the season is pretty incredible. Capel might not be as bad as you guys think, but I guess you guys aren't even interested in finding out.

OUChampsBig12
1/30/2011, 02:34 AM
This team plays well and this is what is said? I think I just watched a team that still believes they can win and get better. I think Capel had is team ready to work and win. He coached that team all week and it paid. Now life is funny there may be hard times ahead and the happy wanes and Capel is the sights of the media, the talking heads, and of couse The Poster on this site?? But for now speak well of Capel, this team plays hard and together - now make more free throws and compete and get more wins this year. As someone who has openly questioned Capel, I can say for now - the last three games have seen the desire to play and win and Capel has BIGGER bodies coming in next year to join a young team!

OUthunder
1/30/2011, 10:07 AM
Three conference wins...KEEP CAPEL!!1

SoonerMom2
1/30/2011, 10:22 AM
I think that Capel is doing a great job this year. No one expected this team to win 3 Big 12 games this year. We will be better next year and will have some returning starters to build on.

Agree 100% -- what he has gotten out of this team no matter what happens the rest of the way has been amazing because they play hard and don't quit. This team has heart -- something last year's team with all the stars never mastered.

Look forward to next season when they bring in some rebounders.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/30/2011, 10:44 AM
Capel has this team playing hard and finally showing improvement. That's about all you could ask out of this season. That said, I'll wait to see how the season finishes out before I make up my mind on him.

Collier11
1/30/2011, 11:22 AM
It sucks that we are at this point as a program but we are so we have to look at positives and YES, Capel is getting the most out of this team. I am excited to see this team throughout the rest of the season (even if we lose 7 or 8 of the next 10 as im sure we will). I think Capel has proven that he can coach, his only fault up to this point is recruiting 3 guys who everyone in the country wanted and they turned into chumps.

With Osby next year and if we get Guerrero at PG, we could be pretty good

Eielson
1/30/2011, 11:41 AM
With Osby next year and if we get Guerrero at PG, we could be pretty good

Don't forget Robert Goff. He could end up being the most important.

Collier11
1/30/2011, 12:49 PM
True, #1 Juco player in the nation right?

Eielson
1/30/2011, 01:04 PM
True, #1 Juco player in the nation right?

I don't know if he was #1, but he was pre-season JUCO All-American. He probably won't be the best of the three, but we desperately need a big man to get rebounds and play defense. I don't know much about Ahmed, but hopefully he can use his 6'10 body to help us out some next year, too.

Collier11
1/30/2011, 01:08 PM
Ahmed left the team didnt he? Having Goff give us anything will vastly improve Fitzgeralds game

Eielson
1/30/2011, 01:11 PM
Ahmed left the team didnt he? Having Goff give us anything will vastly improve Fitzgeralds game

Oh, I hadn't heard. I didn't see him on the roster, though, so that might be right. I wasn't sure we'd get much out of him, but I was interested to see if he could ever do anything with his size. I thought he just redshirted or something.

Eielson
1/30/2011, 01:13 PM
Oh, I hadn't heard. I didn't see him on the roster, though, so that might be right. I wasn't sure we'd get much out of him, but I was interested to see if he could ever do anything with his size. I thought he just redshirted or something.

I just checked, and he is gone. He was homesick I guess. I guess that's how we have the spot open for Guerrero if he chooses to come here?

bigfatjerk
1/30/2011, 01:18 PM
He came back to school but hasn't been put back on the team yet.

Collier11
1/30/2011, 01:27 PM
Is he practicing with the team at all or just going to school?

yankee
1/30/2011, 03:02 PM
I thought everybody wanted to see Capel win without much talent. Why is everybody still upset? This team has come a long way. The team was absolutely torn apart in the off-season by scandal and bad attitudes. We got rid of all the bad attitudes, and everybody knew we were going to be lacking in quite a few areas. Anybody who had high expectations for this season is out of their mind. Most people had us finishing 12th in the Big XII. The fact that this team is tied for 5th in the conference 6 games into the season is pretty incredible. Capel might not be as bad as you guys think, but I guess you guys aren't even interested in finding out.

+1

...sooner
1/31/2011, 09:45 AM
No matter what you see, or hear, or read.

I think your a great coach, and i want you to stay. I trust you to lead us from troubled waters. Boomer Sooner!

-Sooner Fan Oudavid1

--mmkay david i expect to see you at a game soon!

+1

Is he practicing with the team at all or just going to school?

-hes off the team. he said that "OU showed him love he just wasnt feeling it & he doesnt know where hes gonna go play at next year"
direct quote from amhed