PDA

View Full Version : Who won't finish in the Top 10?

Jacie
1/29/2011, 12:47 PM
While Oklahoma is already being touted as the preseason #1 due to the team coming back from 2010, which teams lose too much from their 2010 team to compete for the top spots?

Final AP 1/11/11

1.Auburn
2.TCU
3.Oregon
4.Stanford
5.Ohio St.
6.Oklahoma
7.Wisconsin
8.LSU
9.Boise St.
10.Alabama

Auburn takes a hit with Newton gone. TCU loses a 4-yr starter at QB and everyone else of note from that team, Oregon loses most of their OL and defense, Stanford loses their head coach, Ohio State loses some of their starters but only for 4 games, Boise State loses their OC, Alabama loses their QB.

Some of those programs will be back but I am guessing Stanford is a one-hit wonder. Oregon is so unconventional it is hard to read them, but Auburn showed a small, quick line is no match for a big, quick one (any Pac 10 coaches watch the Rose Bowl?). And surely, Les Miles' inability to manage a short clock will catch up to LSU sometime. TCU loses a lot but they still have one more year of MAC opposition to feed on so they could pile up wins anyway.

Who I think . . .

Back in the Top 10:

Oklahoma
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Alabama

Out:

Auburn
TCU
Oregon
Stanford
LSU
Boise State

TahoeSOONER
1/29/2011, 12:49 PM
Stanford has a foundation built and they play in the PAC 10 so expect them to be back. Boise will be back and TCU will play with anyone if the get QB play. LSU should be legit.

Soonermagik
1/29/2011, 12:54 PM
Don't discount LSU. They have a JUCO QB coming in that's supposed to be really good. I'm sure some LSU fans are already thinking they are going to have an Auburn type season. Plus, if they can get to the title game it's in their backyard again.

JLEW1818
1/29/2011, 01:07 PM
LSU has won the title the last 2 times it was in New Orleans, like this year.

The SEC has won the last 5 National Titles. History says a SEC team will win it again this year, or at least be there.

OU-LSU.... ?

85sooners
1/29/2011, 01:18 PM
Phuck lsu

oudavid1
1/29/2011, 02:31 PM
While Oklahoma is already being touted as the preseason #1 due to the team coming back from 2010, which teams lose too much from their 2010 team to compete for the top spots?

Final AP 1/11/11

1.Auburn
2.TCU
3.Oregon
4.Stanford
5.Ohio St.
6.Oklahoma
7.Wisconsin
8.LSU
9.Boise St.
10.Alabama

Auburn takes a hit with Newton gone. TCU loses a 4-yr starter at QB and everyone else of note from that team, Oregon loses most of their OL and defense, Stanford loses their head coach, Ohio State loses some of their starters but only for 4 games, Boise State loses their OC, Alabama loses their QB.

Some of those programs will be back but I am guessing Stanford is a one-hit wonder. Oregon is so unconventional it is hard to read them, but Auburn showed a small, quick line is no match for a big, quick one (any Pac 10 coaches watch the Rose Bowl?). And surely, Les Miles' inability to manage a short clock will catch up to LSU sometime. TCU loses a lot but they still have one more year of MAC opposition to feed on so they could pile up wins anyway.

Who I think . . .

Back in the Top 10:

Oklahoma
Ohio State
Wisconsin
Alabama

Out:

Auburn
TCU
Oregon
Stanford
LSU
Boise State

Mine are in bold. Call me crazy, but just dont call me.

Cornfed
1/29/2011, 02:51 PM
Mark it down Okie state will not finish top 10.........

PDXsooner
1/29/2011, 02:51 PM
Oregon will get housed by LSU in the opener, but will have a good chance to battle back into the top ten due to the fact that their are no other elite teams in the Wac-12.

Always_Sooner
1/31/2011, 04:58 AM
You never know that is why you play the games out each year, but at least for the regular season it is setting up as nice as can be for OU to be in the title game. I think that it could be against an SEC opponent. I think you get the Stoops vs. Miles match up possibly. Long season though and anything can happen, but for some reason I think LSU has a loss and they still get in if they lose at the right time and others fall along the way. Then, part of me thinks Alabama will be back as they were two seasons ago with a defense with experience and Saban running the ship. It is so hard to tell so at this point I say OU vs. SEC Champion in the NC Sugar Bowl.

goingoneight
2/1/2011, 04:23 PM
alabama's QB loss won't hurt them. Saban's teams never wow you with QB play. in fact, the experience the D returns could make them better.

auburn = no cam, no auburn.

oregon is living the life of an automatic BCS qualifier in a conference without a challenger.

OU always seems to have some kind of weird problem that costs them. like not knowing how to play in the fourth quarter, or giving up an NCAA-worst number of special teams points. they have questions to answer to go from good to great and then they have to mentally be ready to go wire-to-wire the way they usually manage to close out seasons.

OUEngr1990
2/1/2011, 08:33 PM
Auburn not only loses scam, but they also lose most of their starters

OUEngr1990
2/1/2011, 08:34 PM
Alabama loses Ingram. no Ingram, no top 5 for bama, just my opinion

OUEngr1990
2/1/2011, 08:35 PM
I think LSU will be the team to beat next year

OUEngr1990
2/1/2011, 08:37 PM
Mark it down Okie state will not finish top 10.........

it depends on whether or not Blackmon can stay sober or not :D

http://i53.tinypic.com/11v4gw9.jpg