PDA

View Full Version : MBB vs Texas 2/9 - Sammy Comes Home

bri
1/28/2011, 02:54 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012711aad.html

Bradford to Attend OU-Texas Men's Basketball Game

Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback will be recognized during Feb. 9 'Cheer Like a Champion Night.'

The University of Oklahoma announced today it will welcome home and celebrate Sooner Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford during "Cheer Like a Champion Night" on Wednesday, Feb. 9, when the OU men's basketball team hosts Big 12 rival Texas at 8 p.m. at Lloyd Noble Center.

All fans will receive a free "Cheer Like a Champion" T-shirt to wear to "white out" Lloyd Noble Center for the ESPN2 national TV audience. Also, one lucky fan will have the chance to win $10,000 by hitting a halftime half-court shot.

The first 5,000 fans through the doors will also receive a commemorative Sam Bradford poster. Throughout the game, randomly selected fans will win autographed Bradford merchandise and posters. Bradford will be recognized at center court during halftime for a look back at his playing days while at OU.

Fans are encouraged to arrive early as doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Seats can be purchased for this exciting night by clicking here (http://www.soonersports.com/tickets/ticket-information_mens_basketball.html) or by calling 800-456-4668.

Note: Due to the inability to handle large demand, an autograph session will not be included as part of Bradford's appearance.

bri
2/7/2011, 09:24 PM
bump.

yermom
2/7/2011, 10:58 PM
what are the odds on this one making?

OUmillenium
2/7/2011, 11:32 PM
60-50

bri
2/7/2011, 11:35 PM
I'd say pretty good. There's way more moving parts for this game than the Baylor one; it'd be harder to postpone.

BusterRhymes86
2/8/2011, 12:10 AM
There will be a lot of unused white tshirts then

Eielson
2/8/2011, 12:17 AM
Texas better hope it gets cancelled!

Wow, that was fun to say.

yankee
2/8/2011, 12:51 AM
Bri, do you think I'm going to be able to walk up and buy a student ticket on game day?

bri
2/8/2011, 11:00 AM
Yep, you should be able to. Might want to swing by the ticket office today or tomorrow just in case, tho.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 11:20 AM
It's to bad Suh didn't come with him. We could have given him an award for playing in the Big XII.

Soonerite
2/8/2011, 12:31 PM
So...if we win we're rushing the court right? :D

Boomer.....
2/8/2011, 02:00 PM
You're damn right we are!

badger
2/8/2011, 02:53 PM
We totally are winning this one. Screw the odds, screw the whorns.

Soonerite
2/8/2011, 02:58 PM

Hell yeah we are!! Prepare to get maced in the face when we rush the court! :D

nativesooner
2/8/2011, 03:37 PM
too bad this 2 feet of snow they keep talking about will keep folks from going :(

badger
2/8/2011, 03:38 PM
too bad this 2 feet of snow they keep talking about will keep folks from going :(

If they cancel school, they're probably going to move/postpone this game. The Pokes already announced they're staying home from school tomorrow. OU probably will be soon after.

bri
2/9/2011, 01:17 AM
School's canceled; the game is on. Talked to Mike Houck this evening and we are go for hoop, y'all.

Plus, you know, this "killer storm" is a dud.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/9/2011, 09:26 AM
I saw a report from OKC on the local news this morning. They were really trying to play up those 6 inch snow drifts. Didn't look bad to me. Let's hoop and kick some whorn ***!

bri
2/9/2011, 12:09 PM
UPDATE: The game is still on as scheduled, but now admission is free: (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020911aab.html)

Due to the winter storm that arrived overnight, admission to today's 8 p.m. Oklahoma-Texas men's basketball game at Lloyd Noble Center will be free. Here are details on the game:

FREE ADMISSION
All fans will be admitted free of charge (doors open at 6:30 p.m. for everyone). However, season ticket holders and other fans who purchased tickets for the game in advance will have first right to occupy their reserved seat locations. For those without tickets, all seats not occupied by the season ticket holder or by fans who purchased tickets in advance will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

PARKING
Parking lots on all sides of Lloyd Noble Center are expected to be open. Bud Wilkinson Society reserved parking will be available in the south lot per usual.

CHEER LIKE A CHAMPION NIGHT
Today's game still marks "Cheer Like a Champion Night." All fans will receive a free T-shirt to wear to "white out" Lloyd Noble Center.

SAM BRADFORD RECOGNITION
Former OU quarterback Sam Bradford, recently named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, will attend the game and be recognized on the court at halftime. The first 5,000 fans through the doors will receive a commemorative Bradford poster, and randomly selected fans will win autographed Bradford merchandise.Free admission AND a free t-shirt. Get on out to the LNC and hate Texas tonight.

Boomer.....
2/9/2011, 12:30 PM
In!

nativesooner
2/9/2011, 03:36 PM
UPDATE: The game is still on as scheduled, but now admission is free: (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020911aab.html)

Free admission AND a free t-shirt. Get on out to the LNC and hate Texas tonight.

Of course, after I spent $75 on a pair :mad: Oh well we'll be there! Hope it's packed! :D

bri
2/9/2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah, that sucks & I wish something was done to reward or compensate those who already bought tickets. But no one asks me.

Herr Scholz
2/10/2011, 01:47 AM

I always knew you had a sense of humor, badger. :texan:

yankee
2/10/2011, 02:52 AM
I always knew you had a sense of humor, badger. :texan:

Oh look who's shown back up...Has the pain of having one of the worst football teams in the Big 12 finally worn off?

Herr Scholz
2/10/2011, 03:12 AM
I've been here. And I thought we were on the basketball page. I understand you not wanting to acknowledge that though.

Boomer.....
2/10/2011, 08:34 AM
Yeah, that sucks & I wish something was done to reward or compensate those who already bought tickets. But no one asks me.

They were giving out slips of paper for season ticket holders that they could use to get free tickets to other games.

sooner518
2/10/2011, 09:07 AM
I've been here. And I thought we were on the basketball page. I understand you not wanting to acknowledge that though.

You had 3 posts between October 1 and January 15. For someone with over 9000 posts, I dont think anyone would consider that "being here".

badger
2/10/2011, 11:16 AM

He has a point. Whereas his football team had no chance at any postseason by virtue of their losing record, our basketball team still has a chance at the postseason. And we have a winning record, too. And we actually won a handful of conference games. And not against Nebraska.

So let's not compare his mediocre football team to our postseason-bound basketball team. Apples and oranges, guys. :P

soonerbub
2/10/2011, 11:24 AM
I would comment on the ****ing whorn...but I'm currently pouting over last night's loss(es)--check back next week

:mack: :mack: :mack:

bri
2/10/2011, 11:44 AM
They were giving out slips of paper for season ticket holders that they could use to get free tickets to other games.

Ah, cool.

OUmillenium
2/10/2011, 01:05 PM
Herr shows up after a win against THIS years' team? Weak sauce

Herr Scholz
2/11/2011, 02:55 PM
He has a point. Whereas his football team had no chance at any postseason by virtue of their losing record, our basketball team still has a chance at the postseason.
A) If we'd won against aggy, we would've gone bowling.

B) You might make the NIT this time (unlike last year). Isn't this like the 3rd time in recent years you guys have missed the NCAA tourney?

badger
2/11/2011, 03:09 PM
A) If we'd won against aggy, we would've gone bowling.

Us losing to aggy didn't keep us from bowling, whorndog. I'm sorry, weren't you just complaining that we were supposed to be talking about basketball here?

Don't lay your egotistical insult eggs in one "no NCAA" tourney basket. We are not officially out of the NCAA tourney till we are officially out of the Big 12 tourney. I'm not saying that it's going to happen, but I'll never say that it can't happen, not even this season.

Herr Scholz
2/11/2011, 04:24 PM
Don't lay your egotistical insult eggs in one "no NCAA" tourney basket. We are not officially out of the NCAA tourney till we are officially out of the Big 12 tourney. I'm not saying that it's going to happen, but I'll never say that it can't happen, not even this season.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

badger
2/11/2011, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

And I wouldn't un-burn and burnt orange items that happened to be disposed of in your fire place this past fall quite yet. Meltdowns in the postseason are a Texas basketball tradition. You'll get yours whorn, even if it's not from us.

Herr Scholz
2/11/2011, 11:12 PM
Barnes has 3 regular season Big XII titles (soon to be 4), a final 4, 2 elite 8s and pretty much lives in the Sweet 16. We haven't missed the tourney for way over a decade. He's also coached 2 POYs.

Your basketball program, in contrast, will have missed 3 NCAAtourneys over that period, has been busted for cheating numerous times with a couple of coaches, is hoping to at least make the NIT unlike last year and has no Griffin brother talent to drag you out of it. You suck bad and I doubt your coach will make it much longer.

Eielson
2/11/2011, 11:42 PM
I wonder if the Texas basketball team will lose 7 games.

Herr Scholz
2/11/2011, 11:57 PM
We have 3 losses right now, 2 of which are to UConn and Pitt by a total of 3 points. Where's the 7 coming from?

Eielson
2/11/2011, 11:58 PM
We have 3 losses right now, 2 of which are to UConn and Pitt by a total of 3 points. Where's the 7 coming from?

I just wondered if they would catch the football team.

Herr Scholz
2/12/2011, 12:02 AM
I just wondered if they would catch the football team.

I just wonder if any of you can talk basketball on the basketball board.

Eielson
2/12/2011, 12:27 AM
I just wonder if any of you can talk basketball on the basketball board.

I was talking about your basketball team...

Herr Scholz
2/12/2011, 01:12 AM
Oh yeah, they're pretty good.