PDA

View Full Version : Bradford will be Recognized at Feb. 9 OU-Texas Game

Jay C. Upchurch
1/27/2011, 11:24 PM
NORMAN -- The University of Oklahoma announced today it will welcome home and celebrate Sooner Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford during "Cheer Like a Champion Night" on Wednesday, Feb. 9, when the OU men's basketball team hosts Big 12 rival Texas at 8 p.m. at Lloyd Noble Center.

All fans will receive a free "Cheer Like a Champion" T-shirt to wear to "white out" Lloyd Noble Center for the ESPN2 national TV audience. Also, one lucky fan will have the chance to win $10,000 by hitting a halftime half-court shot.

The first 5,000 fans through the doors will also receive a commemorative Sam Bradford poster. Throughout the game, randomly selected fans will win autographed Bradford merchandise and posters. Bradford will be recognized at center court during halftime for a look back at his playing days while at OU.

Tickets for the game can be purchased online at SoonerSports.com or by calling 800-456-4668. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.

Note: Due to the inability to handle large demand, an autograph session will not be included as part of Bradford's appearance.

OU SID Report

sooner59
1/27/2011, 11:29 PM
Can we put him in?

MyT Oklahoma
1/27/2011, 11:41 PM
Would love to be there and hope that those who do attend enjoy themselves.

KBoomer11
1/28/2011, 12:03 AM
Looks like I'll be attending a basketball game after all :D

stoopified
1/28/2011, 12:04 AM
Wow ,I'm checking my calendar for this.

swardboy
1/28/2011, 09:03 AM
Shoot, I was hoping this would include an unveiling of his Heisman Park statue. Man I wish I could be there anyway.

MichiganSooner
1/28/2011, 03:01 PM
Shoot, I was hoping this would include an unveiling of his Heisman Park statue. Man I wish I could be there anyway.

He needs to unveil his Heisman Park pose to the fans.

MichiganSooner
1/28/2011, 03:02 PM
How about a cartwheel?

Crimson Kid
1/28/2011, 04:01 PM
Someone get me one of those posters please. :)

badger
1/28/2011, 05:27 PM
Note: Due to the inability to handle large demand, an autograph session will not be included as part of Bradford's appearance.

I blame our other Heisman winners for this... everyone OU fan out there has a Heisman football or poster or OU item because Steve, Billy and Jason have been so generous with their signature that everyone is now one sig short of a complete football/poster/etc. :D

(of the living winners, of course. rip billy vessells!)

SoonerInLubbock
1/28/2011, 05:27 PM
Good to see that he still involves himself with the University. Of course I'm not surprised he was Sooner born and Sooner bred. He comes from loyal stock. Peterson's involvement still makes me proud. As far as I know he still hosts a Sooner Football camp for the kids every year. It's great to see these guy's giving back.