PDA

View Full Version : The shoe drops...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/27/2011, 01:24 PM
Obama or Soetoro is going after your guns...As he has mentioned before, never let a good tragedy go to waste when you can make new law...

Linky (http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/27/white-house-to-push-gun-control.html#)

Sooner_Bob
1/27/2011, 01:29 PM
I fail to see how any new regulations are going to prevent true criminals from getting their guns . . . . it just makes it harder on the rest of us to legally purchase them.

2121Sooner
1/27/2011, 01:33 PM
True criminals will find a way to get their guns.

Legislation wont stop them. You are 100% correct

achiro
1/27/2011, 01:36 PM
There really isn't any way to keep "crazy people" from getting a gun if they have no criminal record and haven't been institutionalized. I'm not sure that any additional laws could have prevented the Arizona wacko from getting a gun.

soonerscuba
1/27/2011, 01:41 PM
I agree that this won't do anything, that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the frothy loons on this board make insane connections and believe what any blog has to say for what I can see as reasonable yet ineffective legislation that has no chance of passing the House.

virginiasooner
1/27/2011, 01:42 PM
Why does ANYONE need a gun clip that holds 30 rounds?

The
1/27/2011, 01:44 PM

As a liberal living in Oklahoma, I need several of them for when the bible thumpers start their brownshirt campaigns.

I ain't gonna die for lack of shooting back.:texan:

2121Sooner
1/27/2011, 01:45 PM

I have to reload less often

delhalew
1/27/2011, 01:51 PM

That is irrelevant. I probably only need a few guns. I don't care how anybody feels about the fact that I have twelve.

SoCaliSooner
1/27/2011, 02:18 PM

Why does ANYONE with just two kids need a 6 bedroom house?

Why does ANYONE already on welfare/section 8 get to have more kids?

Why does ANYONE of legal age get to buy a 24 pack of beer when one is plenty?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/27/2011, 02:24 PM

When the revolution comes, we will...;)

soonerscuba
1/27/2011, 02:27 PM
Why does ANYONE of legal age get to buy a 24 pack of beer when one is plenty?Were you drinking during TGOWWDNS, I'm not sure 24 was enough.

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 02:31 PM
Why does ANYONE with just two kids need a 6 bedroom house?

Why does ANYONE already on welfare/section 8 get to have more kids?

Why does ANYONE of legal age get to buy a 24 pack of beer when one is plenty?

None of those things kill people.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really one for gun control. We've chosen our bed as a nation and now we need to learn how to sleep in it.

delhalew
1/27/2011, 02:32 PM
You'll wish you had an extended mag, when the zombie apocalypse starts.

soonercruiser
1/27/2011, 02:34 PM
Obama or Soetoro is going after your guns...As he has mentioned before, never let a good tragedy go to waste when you can make new law...

Linky (http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/27/white-house-to-push-gun-control.html#)

If we are talking legislation....it WILL NOT PASS the House!

SoCaliSooner
1/27/2011, 02:39 PM
None of those things kill people.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really one for gun control. We've chosen our bed as a nation and now we need to learn how to sleep in it.

Again, the magazine didn't kill anybody. It was a nut job....the same kinda nut job that shot up a military base where armed MP's work.

These magazines are already out there. Outlawing them is another reactionary feel-good-legislation...in fact, name the legislation after the girl that got killed. Call it "Christina's Law" because that REALLY means it will work.

unbiasedtruth
1/27/2011, 02:41 PM

actually I only need 1 round here.....;) :cool:

more laws = more gov't = more needless spending of our tax dollars on items that we dont need to be wasting money on.

Caboose
1/27/2011, 02:43 PM

Anyone care to guess who in this thread doesn't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment?

The
1/27/2011, 02:44 PM
Anyone care to guess who in this thread doesn't understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment?

http://www.shortsshortsshorts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 02:47 PM

Because I mother****ing can. You support abortion doctors. Why does ANYONE support known murderers?

The
1/27/2011, 02:50 PM
Because I mother****ing can. You support abortion doctors. Why does ANYONE support known murderers?

You mean soldiers?

(Protip: I didn't really type this. I just thought it onto the screen)

OUMallen
1/27/2011, 02:50 PM
What, exactly, are the new regs gonna be?

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 02:51 PM
Again, the magazine didn't kill anybody. It was a nut job....the same kinda nut job that shot up a military base where armed MP's work.

These magazines are already out there. Outlawing them is another reactionary feel-good-legislation...in fact, name the legislation after the girl that got killed. Call it "Christina's Law" because that REALLY means it will work.

This needs to be said again so people really get this. Magazines don't kill people. Unless you jam them in the eye socket, and then maybe you can reach the brain from there. I don't know, I'm not an expert.

But seriously, there has to be a limit to how efficiently we can make it to kill each other.

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 03:00 PM
But seriously, there has to be a limit to how efficiently we can make it to kill each other.

Why? A pencil in the eye can very efficiently kill someone. A single-shot flintlock musket from over 200 years ago can efficiently kill someone. It doesn't take 30-rounds. One will do, but 30 shouldn't be illegal.

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 03:09 PM
Why? A pencil in the eye can very efficiently kill someone. A single-shot flintlock musket from over 200 years ago can efficiently kill someone. It doesn't take 30-rounds. One will do, but 30 shouldn't be illegal.

For the same reason we don't make flamethrowers and RPGs legal. It's not the ability to kill, it's how much. I'm no expert on guns, and I don't believe they should be taken away at all, but things like this confuse me. The reasoning I always hear is "because we can" when that's not a reason at all.

The
1/27/2011, 03:12 PM
For the same reason we don't make flamethrowers and RPGs legal. It's not the ability to kill, it's how much. I'm no expert on guns, and I don't believe they should be taken away at all, but things like this confuse me. The reasoning I always hear is "because we can" when that's not a reason at all.

Wait, I own a flamethrower. They're not illegal.

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 03:12 PM

OK, why should you be able to own more than one video game? Especially more than one that depicts death and dismemberment?

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 03:19 PM
OK, why should you be able to own more than one video game? Especially more than one that depicts death and dismemberment?

I don't know that the number is the problem... For instance, if you had a device that did something cool and fun, but it used so much power that it caused brownouts in the city, you shouldn't be allowed to own it.

I guess my main beef is that the military doesn't even use this stuff to my knowledge. If the military doesn't use it, then why should the populace?

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 03:23 PM
I don't know that the number is the problem... For instance, if you had a device that did something cool and fun, but it used so much power that it caused brownouts in the city, you shouldn't be allowed to own it.

I guess my main beef is that the military doesn't even use this stuff to my knowledge. If the military doesn't use it, then why should the populace?

The military doesn't use high-capacity magazines? Since when? I had 20 and 30 rounders for my M-16 when I was in. I carried belts of M-60 ammo with hundreds of rounds.

Some people enjoy blasting a bunch of caps. I enjoy shooting one of my SKS's with a 20-round clip. 20 rounds in < 10 seconds. It's fun. Just because some moron wants to aim the rifle at people shouldn't change anything. Lots of **** kills people. It just so happens that guns are very efficient at it. It ain't the guns fault, and it damn sure ain't the honest folks who own guns and high-cap magazines fault either.

bonkuba
1/27/2011, 03:23 PM

This is not a slam against you at all......however, I feel that flamethrowers and RPGs should not be illegal for me to own (an extreme case I know). My reason is that I do not believe the government should be able to tell me what weapon I can or cannot own (not just weapons...anything).

Again, not a slam on you I just quoted your post since it stood out to me.:)

The
1/27/2011, 03:25 PM
This is not a slam against you at all......however, I feel that flamethrowers and RPGs should not be illegal for me to own (an extreme case I know). My reason is that I do not believe the government should be able to tell me what weapon I can or cannot own (not just weapons...anything).

Yeah, no ****. I want to be able to (legally) own my slaves again.

Caboose
1/27/2011, 03:27 PM

Yeah because guns are the same as people! That is logic!

JohnnyMack
1/27/2011, 03:28 PM

If they ever get www.abramstankforyourfrontyard.com back up and running again I'm ordering mine ASAP!

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 03:29 PM

So you've owned slaves before?

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 03:29 PM
The military doesn't use high-capacity magazines? Since when? I had 20 and 30 rounders for my M-16 when I was in. I carried belts of M-60 ammo with hundreds of rounds.

Some people enjoy blasting a bunch of caps. I enjoy shooting one of my SKS's with a 20-round clip. 20 rounds in < 10 seconds. It's fun. Just because some moron wants to aim the rifle at people shouldn't change anything. Lots of **** kills people. It just so happens that guns are very efficient at it. It ain't the guns fault, and it damn sure ain't the honest folks who own guns and high-cap magazines fault either.

Well, this is high capacity for a pistol, right? And aren't there standard specs for each weapon that beyond which there is a high risk of malfunction? My point is you shouldn't be more well armed than the average marine at any one time.

And no, there's no legal basis that says this should be so, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I think some people like you can handle it, but most people are ****ing dumb and get mad and do really stupid things. And unlike other stupid things that just affect the people that do them, guns primarily affect others.

The
1/27/2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah because guns are the same as people! That is logic!

A. Where did you come from?
B. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?
C. Where the hell did you come from?

The
1/27/2011, 03:30 PM
So you've owned slaves before?

Can't comment until after the trial.

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 03:31 PM

Er... that sounds like a really bad idea.

jkjsooner
1/27/2011, 03:31 PM

Serious question. Where do you draw the line? Do we draw the line on what commonly is called a "gun" or a "firearm" or an "armament"? If you say, "Yes because that's what the Constitution says," then you're admitting that your right is determined by terminology that came into being long after the Bill of Rights were signed.

There are all sorts of weapons used in the military that emit high velocity projectiles that are not considered a "firearm" by the normal definition. Do we allow the possession and exchange of these?

Maybe you feel that we should have anything that could be necessary to resist the government. If so, I'd argue that that view is well in the minority as very few would want citizens to be as armed as the military. Would we really want citizens to have biological weapons?

I'm not arguing against you but trying to open debate. Just like every right has limitations (example being freedom of speech) I think you have to at least debate where that limit should be with firearms.

bonkuba
1/27/2011, 03:32 PM
I have 3 30-round clips for my Ruger....just dont like to reload while at the range. With 30 rounds the gun is surprisingly heavier that what you might think.

I believe I may have another couple of 30-round clips for a couple of my other pistols as well.

If the zombies attack.....run over here....we can take 'em on :D

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 03:33 PM
Well, this is high capacity for a pistol, right? And aren't there standard specs for each weapon that beyond which there is a high risk of malfunction? My point is you shouldn't be more well armed than the average marine at any one time.

And no, there's no legal basis that says this should be so, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I think some people like you can handle it, but most people are ****ing dumb and get mad and do really stupid things. And unlike other stupid things that just affect the people that do them, guns primarily affect others.

How many brazillions guns are out there? How many people get mad and do stupid things vs. the overall # of guns? I would guess a fraction much smaller than .0001.

Besides, everybody knows it's you freaked-out gamers who snap and think it's for realz.

The
1/27/2011, 03:34 PM
I have 3 30-round clips for my Ruger....just dont like to reload while at the range. With 30 rounds the gun is surprisingly heavier that what you might think.

I believe I may have another couple of 30-round clips for a couple of my other pistols as well.

If the zombies attack.....run over here....we can take 'em on :D

You'd be doomed, too.

Guns (shotguns excluded) are for emergency use only in a zombie event. Ammunition is too valuable.

http://zombietools.net/tools/

The
1/27/2011, 03:36 PM
How many brazillions guns are out there? How many people get mad and do stupid things vs. the overall # of guns? I would guess a fraction much smaller than .0001.

Besides, everybody knows it's you freaked-out gamers who snap and think it's for realz.

You know what's real fun is to eat a heroic dose of mescaline and head to the woods to start shooting.

/true story. Came back with a deer. We had poached eggs to celebrate.

Caboose
1/27/2011, 03:36 PM
A. Where did you come from?
B. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?
C. Where the hell did you come from?

So you weren't trying to logically equate owning weapons to owning people? If not maybe you need to learn how to say what you mean.

The
1/27/2011, 03:37 PM
So you weren't trying to logically equate owning weapons to owning people? If not maybe you need to learn how to say what you mean.

Maybe you didn't read the post I quoted. Maybe you just don't know how to internet. Maybe you're just kinda 'tarded. I don't know.

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 03:39 PM

How many does it take? I'd rather there not be the option, but I think the country is founded on the right to have it. So I'd like to at least minimize the opportunity to go on a killing spree.

3rdgensooner
1/27/2011, 03:39 PM
In order to protect my property from possible insurrection and rightfully defend myself against enemies foreign or domestic, I surrounded my compound with poised surface to air missiles and a moat. Oh, and some howitzers. And a couple of M-ATVs. And an armed orangutan.

The
1/27/2011, 03:40 PM
an armed orangutan.

So that's why you keep Chk around...

bonkuba
Er... that sounds like a really bad idea.

I understand where you are coming from...and someone may have mentioned this above....but drawing the line is difficult....and it should be. I am a firm believer in the gubment staying the hell outta my life....if I want to own a flame thrower and burn my crap up then I should be able to do so. However, if I point it at someone or try to burn another person's home....then by all means prosecute me to the full extent.

I guess what I am trying to say so inelequently is that their shouldnt be a law against me owning a weapon...there should be a law(s) against someone using that weapon in an unlawful way (ie pointing my flame thrower at someone or their home, etc.).....and I believe the laws we have now take care of the unlawful use.

I know the flame thrower is an extreme example but it was kinda fun pretending that I had one :D

The Profit

Okay, I am willing to make a deal. Your kind can continue to own as many guns and as many shells as you see fit, and my kind can continue supporting the elimination of unwanted embryo and zygotes.

NormanPride
In order to protect my property from possible insurrection and rightfully defend myself against enemies foreign or domestic, I surrounded my compound with poised surface to air missiles and a moat. Oh, and some howitzers. And a couple of M-ATVs. And an armed orangutan.

Spider monkeys are better shots.

The
1/27/2011, 03:41 PM
I understand where you are coming from...and someone may have mentioned this above....but drawing the line is difficult....and it should be. I am a firm believer in the gubment staying the hell outta my life....if I want to own a flame thrower and burn my crap up then I should be able to do so. However, if I point it at someone or try to burn another person's home....then by all means prosecute me to the full extent.

I guess what I am trying to say so inelequently is that their shouldnt be a law against me owning a weapon...there should be a law(s) against someone using that weapon in an unlawful way (ie pointing my flame thrower at someone or their home, etc.).....and I believe the laws we have now take care of the unlawful use.

I know the flame thrower is an extreme example but it was kinda fun pretending that I had one :D

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY:

I OWN A FLAMETHROWER. THEY ARE NOT ILLEGAL

In the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States), private ownership of a flamethrower is not restricted by federal law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_law), but is restricted in some states, such as California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California), by state laws (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_law) (cf. California Health and Welfare Codes 12750-12761, Flamethrowing Devices) [27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamethrower#cite_note-26)

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 03:41 PM
Serious question. Where do you draw the line? Do we draw the line on what commonly is called a "gun" or a "firearm" or an "armament"? If you say, "Yes because that's what the Constitution says," then you're admitting that your right is determined by terminology that came into being long after the Bill of Rights were signed.

There are all sorts of weapons used in the military that emit high velocity projectiles that are not considered a "firearm" by the normal definition. Do we allow the possession and exchange of these?

Maybe you feel that we should have anything that could be necessary to resist the government. If so, I'd argue that that view is well in the minority as very few would want citizens to be as armed as the military. Would we really want citizens to have biological weapons?

I'm not arguing against you but trying to open debate. Just like every right has limitations (example being freedom of speech) I think you have to at least debate where that limit should be with firearms.

Good points.

I would venture a guess that maybe 1 out of every 25,000 gun owners consider resisting the government a reason to own their guns, so these folks are indeed in the minority.

I really don't know if there should be a limit. I mean why do we allow people to own/legally drive cars that go over 200 mph when the speed limit is 70? Why do we let people own/ride 180mph crotch rockets?

A firearm is a recreational device that can also double as a weapon. .22 caliber guns have killed more people than all the other calibers put together. Do you propose we ban .22s?

Big, bad, loud guns that hurl buttloads of lead downrange in a massive hurry do not hurt anyone. I say we ban idiots.

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 03:42 PM

I know what you're getting at here and I agree to a certain extent. My problem is with the above bolded statement. After you kill a bunch of people in a fiery rage I don't think prosecution or even execution is enough to really make the situation right. IMO, the situation never should have happened and is completely preventable.

bonkuba
Okay, I am willing to make a deal. Your kind can continue to own as many guns and as many shells as you see fit, and my kind can continue supporting the elimination of unwanted embryo and zygotes.

Goat Fraternity?:pop:

SoCaliSooner
My wife comes from a mafia family in New Jersey...and my family is all cops. I may or may not have in my possession a Thompson M1921AC with both 50 and 20 round drum magazines. I may not be the only member in my family to have or not have one as well.

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 03:44 PM

Deal.

Just don't try and convince me you're the one taking the high road. I mean some people can and do murder some people with guns. Your kind supports the willful slaughter of millions for ****s/giggles/birth control. You tell me who is more civilized.

bonkuba
Good points.

I would venture a guess that maybe 1 out of every 25,000 gun owners consider resisting the government a reason to own their guns, so these folks are indeed in the minority.

I really don't know if there should be a limit. I mean why do we allow people to own/legally drive cars that go over 200 mph when the speed limit is 70? Why do we let people own/ride 180mph crotch rockets?

A firearm is a recreational device that can also double as a weapon. .22 caliber guns have killed more people than all the other calibers put together. Do you propose we ban .22s?

Big, bad, loud guns that hurl buttloads of lead downrange in a massive hurry do not hurt anyone. I say we ban idiots.

Winner!!!!!!:D :D :pop:

NormanPride
Good points.

I mostly agree with you. I think we do a pretty good job of managing the firepower vs idiocy ratio, and that's why you only see crap like this once in a blue moon. But when you see it, I think it's fair to reevaluate the methods we use in order to make sure we're not missing anything.

bonkuba
1/27/2011, 03:47 PM
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY:

I OWN A FLAMETHROWER. THEY ARE NOT ILLEGAL

Coooooooooooooooooooool :D

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 03:49 PM
But when you see it, I think it's fair to reevaluate the methods we use in order to make sure we're not missing anything.

Knee jerk reactions by prominent politicians and flaming liberals every time somebody shoots somebody is all we ever get. Guns have been legal and their ownership is important enough to be the second ammendment to our constitution. Those were different times, but I have to ask (since you and a couple other asked) where are the limits of control? Do you set a number at 1? 10? 0? It's a slippery slope, and crazy people are still gonna do crazy **** no matter what the pols do/say.

2121Sooner
1/27/2011, 03:50 PM

What is a good number of slaves that a person should be able to own?

SicEmBaylor
1/27/2011, 03:51 PM
There is no such thing as reasonable gun control legislation.

Caboose
1/27/2011, 03:53 PM
Maybe you didn't read the post I quoted. Maybe you just don't know how to internet. Maybe you're just kinda 'tarded. I don't know.

No.. I read it just fine -

Him: I don't think the government should be telling me what kind of weapons I can own.

You: Duuuurp.Yeah, I think I should be able to own slaves!

Its the same!

NormanPride
Knee jerk reactions by prominent politicians and flaming liberals every time somebody shoots somebody is all we ever get. Guns have been legal and their ownership is important enough to be the second ammendment to our constitution. Those were different times, but I have to ask (since you and a couple other asked) where are the limits of control? Do you set a number at 1? 10? 0? It's a slippery slope, and crazy people are still gonna do crazy **** no matter what the pols do/say.

I think I prefer barriers to ownership like psych tests and background checks. Number shouldn't really be an issue since if you have one you've already got all you need to end someone.

The
What is a good number of slaves that a person should be able to own?

Whatever number you come up with, double it.

3rdgensooner
1/27/2011, 03:56 PM
Spider monkeys are better shots.But they can't carry big [phallic] weaponry.

unbiasedtruth
1/27/2011, 04:01 PM
pass all the laws you want about registration and restrictions. you wont stop the people that want guns, high capcity mags and such from having them.

plus how are you going to go "confiscate" all that already are in the general public and/or keep these from being sold without knowledge?

plus here is another question.... what do you do with all the guns that are owned by individuals that there is no record these individuals own these guns?

making new gun laws are a waste of time and resources in this country.

The
1/27/2011, 04:02 PM
pass all the laws you want about registration and restrictions. you wont stop the people that want guns, high capcity mags and such from having them.

plus how are you going to go "confiscate" all that already are in the general public and/or keep these from being sold without knowledge?

plus here is another question.... what do you do with all the guns that are owned by individuals that there is no record these individuals own these guns?

making new gun laws are a waste of time and resources in this country.

Sorta like drug laws...

Aldebaran
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/tin_foil_hats_for_alien_protection.jpg

Oldnslo
The first gun I bought was for defense. It was a Large Deal for me to get. I went through marksmanship class and learned what's what.

Since then, it's been for fun. My son and I go to the range more weekends than not, and about 100% of the time, we have a great time putting holes in paper targets. We can spend hours at it. (Put him through the marksmanship class, too!)

I equate it to golf, actually. The mental steps one goes through to make a shot are similar, and the corrections one makes on aim are too. Minuscule changes to trigger pull, for instance, can make a difference in where the shot goes.

I may pick up an AR-15. Do I need to defend the entire cul-de-sac? If pressed, I guess I could. But that 's not why I'm looking, maybe, at one someday. Just another gun.

unbiasedtruth
1/27/2011, 04:05 PM
its like the t-shirt I have.....

guns dont kill people, crazy mother****ers do.

but to the libs and other anit-gun folks its always easier for them to blame the gun than the person because they dont want to "offend" the person cause they may lose a vote or 2 and not be re-elected. hence not able to keep lining their pockets with taxpayer money.

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:06 PM
Deal.

Just don't try and convince me you're the one taking the high road. I mean some people can and do murder some people with guns. Your kind supports the willful slaughter of millions for ****s/giggles/birth control. You tell me who is more civilized.

Hey, they are just embryos and zygotes. When you pull them out, clean them off and slap them on the butt they become babies. Until then, who cares. Besides Roe v. Wade is the law of the land. Sure, there are backwater states full of bible banging wackos, who would like to dictate what a woman can and cannot do with her body, but, just like the 2nd amendment protects the rights of gun lovers, the 14th amendment protects the privacy of women. You gotta love that constitution.

unbiasedtruth
1/27/2011, 04:09 PM
oh btw..... go back to WWII and the Japanese...

why they didnt attack mainland America after Pearl Harbor?

because behind every blade of grass there is a gun.....

if you support gun laws that take guns from law abiding citizens you are just pissing away whats left of all your freedoms....

bonkuba
1/27/2011, 04:13 PM
Hey, they are just embryos and zygotes. When you pull them out, clean them off and slap them on the butt they become babies. Until then, who cares. Besides Roe v. Wade is the law of the land. Sure, there are backwater states full of bible banging wackos, who would like to dictate what a woman can and cannot do with her body, but, just like the 2nd amendment protects the rights of gun lovers, the 14th amendment protects the privacy of women. You gotta love that constitution.

I do love the constitution...... The adding of making it legal to kill babies anytime ya want was ****ing stupid and I hope anyone that chooses to do so have nightmares everyday, go insane and burn in hell...but imperfect people do ****ing stupid things.

I may not agree with everything in the document (ie killing babies)....but I will abide by the document.

:pop:

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 04:13 PM

Glad it's just another day at the beach for you. Glad you don't believe in God too. Whatever floats your boat. However, there's nothing in the constitution supporting a woman's right to murder her unborn fetus. A law? yes.

Another thing, I'm guessing you've never aborted one of your own children, right? Well I already know the answer because you're either a) too young to have kids, or b) too wrapped up in yourself to want kids.

Go off a couple of your own zygotes and tell me how you feel about it.

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:15 PM
oh btw..... go back to WWII and the Japanese...

why they didnt attack mainland America after Pearl Harbor?

because behind every blade of grass there is a gun.....

if you support gun laws that take guns from law abiding citizens you are just pissing away whats left of all your freedoms....

You pulled that out of your butt. The Japs didn't attack mainland America because they didn't have the means to do so. Oh, they tried balloon bombs (one of them worked), but the mainland was really protected by the oceans. They could have cared less how many rednecks had guns.

OUthunder
1/27/2011, 04:18 PM
Zygotes, lol.

bonkuba
1/27/2011, 04:19 PM
You pulled that out of your butt.

Zygote?? :D

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 04:19 PM
Zygotes, lol.

Yeah, no ****. I guess that boy who just had a birthday is a zygote, huh?

unbiasedtruth
1/27/2011, 04:20 PM
You pulled that out of your butt. The Japs didn't attack mainland America because they didn't have the means to do so. Oh, they tried balloon bombs (one of them worked), but the mainland was really protected by the oceans. They could have cared less how many rednecks had guns.

you need to take history over again.... you must have been sick that day....

oh and btw.... even though it was part of the US. The Japanese did commit attack Alaska.....

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
(Japanese Navy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:22 PM
Glad it's just another day at the beach for you. Glad you don't believe in God too. Whatever floats your boat. However, there's nothing in the constitution supporting a woman's right to murder her unborn fetus. A law? yes.

Another thing, I'm guessing you've never aborted one of your own children, right? Well I already know the answer because you're either a) too young to have kids, or b) too wrapped up in yourself to want kids.

Go off a couple of your own zygotes and tell me how you feel about it.

I have two sons, and I am an elder in my church (a normal church without the rock and roll, hands in the air, dancing in the isles, speaking in tongues, etc.)

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:24 PM
you need to take history over again.... you must have been sick that day....

oh and btw.... even though it was part of the US. The Japanese did commit attack Alaska.....

As you stated, Alaska (like Hawaii) was not a US state at the time. Please show me a quote from any history book, where a Jap leader says that the mainland US was not attacked because everyone in the US had a gun.

By the way, regarding the quote you used from Yamamota, he never said it. It looks like something Wayne LaPierre (NRA) might have made up.

It has been declared this attribution is "unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.", according to Brooks Jackson in "Misquoting Yamamoto" at Factcheck.org (11 May 2009)

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 04:24 PM
I have two sons, and I am an elder in my church (a normal church without the rock and roll, hands in the air, dancing in the isles, speaking in tongues, etc.)

Great. How many sons have you had aborted? And by "normal church" I'm trying to think of one that condones abortion. Travoltas church? Voodoo Clinic?

JohnnyMack
1/27/2011, 04:26 PM
I didn't think we were supposed to call 'em Japs anymore.

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 04:27 PM

He's just one of those flamers who is also a racist. He can't help it.

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:29 PM

You can call them Japs, when you are referring to WWII period Japs. Same goes with Krauts for the Germans.

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 04:30 PM
So you're making the rules up now?

The
1/27/2011, 04:30 PM
This thread now sucks.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8583/aw5z8.jpg

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah it does.

JohnnyMack
1/27/2011, 04:31 PM
You can call them Japs, when you are referring to WWII period Japs. Same goes with Krauts for the Germans.

I'll stick with Jerry.

unbiasedtruth
1/27/2011, 04:32 PM

****ing jesus freak...... should have known.

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:33 PM
Great. How many sons have you had aborted? And by "normal church" I'm trying to think of one that condones abortion. Travoltas church? Voodoo Clinic?

Since only embryos (and not sons or daughters) are aborted, your question makes little or no sense. Travolta doesn't have a church. Like Mormons (and Church of Christ members), he belongs to a cult. I am a Presbyterian. We have no rules.

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 04:35 PM
Hubler will be shocked to hear he's part of a cult.

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 04:35 PM
Since only embryos (and not sons or daughters) are aborted, your question makes little or no sense. Travolta doesn't have a church. Like Mormons (and Church of Christ members), he belongs to a cult. I am a Presbyterian. We have no rules.

Great. You're worse than any religious bible humper fanatic. Now your church is the only one worth attending huh? Hypocrite much? And your children only became little living boys and girls when the doc spanked their *** huh? You live in one seriously ****ed up world dude. Just sayin'.

JohnnyMack
1/27/2011, 04:36 PM
I sacrifice babies, virgins and aggies on Friday nights in a firey ritual before I play Magic, drink Mountain Dew and listen to Gwar.

The
1/27/2011, 04:36 PM
I sacrifice babies, virgins and aggies on Friday nights in a firey ritual before I play Magic, drink Mountain Dew and listen to Gwar.

We need to hang out.

SicEmBaylor
1/27/2011, 04:37 PM

I'm actually of this camp you call the minority.

unbiasedtruth
I am a Presbyterian. We have our own cult.

fify.....

3rdgensooner
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7408/clipboard01tb.jpg

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 04:39 PM
I sacrifice babies, virgins and aggies on Friday nights in a firey ritual before I play Magic, drink Michelob Ultra and listen to Gwar.

fify

JohnnyMack
1/27/2011, 04:40 PM
Now you've crossed the line.

The Profit
Great. You're worse than any religious bible humper fanatic. Now your church is the only one worth attending huh? Hypocrite much? And your children only became little living boys and girls when the doc spanked their *** huh? You live in one seriously ****ed up world dude. Just sayin'.

To each his own, right. And, hey, I have no problem with Lutherns and Methodists, Disciples of Christ and Episcopals. They seem rather normal.

Oldnslo
All y'all are kind of curious to us.

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:42 PM
I'll stick with Jerry.

Are you British?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/27/2011, 04:43 PM
When did the thread get jacked?

Profit - by Lutherns do you mean Lutherans? I am one, you might want to read up on the Wisconsin Synod before you go saying you like all Lutherans ;)

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 04:44 PM
All y'all are kind of curious to us.

young people?

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:45 PM
When did the thread get jacked?

Profit - by Lutherns do you mean Lutherans? I am one, you might want to read up on the Wisconsin Synod before you go saying you like all Lutherans ;)

My bad. Yes, I did mean Lutherans. Sure, there are wacky sects of Lutherans. In fact, there are some wacky (meaning conservative) sects of Presbyterians as well. We normal Presbyterians try to act like the others don't exist.

soonerboomer93
1/27/2011, 04:50 PM

****, I do this everynight

JohnnyMack
1/27/2011, 04:51 PM
****, I do this everynight

A/S/L?

olevetonahill
1/27/2011, 04:52 PM
I just make the Virgins sacrifice and then drank the Natty an OVJ:cool:

bonkuba
1/27/2011, 04:53 PM
HEY!!!!

Can't we get back to guns, flamethrowers and how cool it is to blow **** up???!!!:cool:

SicEmBaylor
1/27/2011, 04:53 PM
Reagan was Presbyterian.

The
1/27/2011, 04:54 PM
HEY!!!!

Can't we get back to guns, flamethrowers and how cool it is to blow **** up???!!!:cool:

Politicfags ruined it.http://zacharyjones.net/images/BigExplosion.gif

JohnnyMack
1/27/2011, 04:55 PM
Reagan was Presbyterian.

Reagan never played Magic...

bonkuba
1/27/2011, 04:55 PM
Reagan was Presbyterian.

Really? They must be some cool mother****ers....

Seriously I didnt know that :pop:

SicEmBaylor
1/27/2011, 04:56 PM
Reagan never played Magic...

No, but I bet Nancy does.

The Profit
1/27/2011, 04:58 PM
Really? They must be some cool mother****ers....

Seriously I didnt know that :pop:

We really are cool mother ...ers. We had absolutely no problem with Ronnie banging Nancy while he was still married to Jane Wyman.

jkjsooner
1/27/2011, 05:17 PM
I'm actually of this camp you call the minority.

You actuallly crossed my mind when I wrote that. Gotta say that I at least like your consistency.

Jammin'
1/27/2011, 05:41 PM
WMD's don't kill people...

sooner59
1/27/2011, 05:51 PM
What if abortions were legal, but only if performed internally with a flamethrower by a Presbyterian doctor? I didn't know which argument to address in this thread, so I addressed them all. :pop:

The Profit
1/27/2011, 06:08 PM
What if abortions were legal, but only if performed internally with a flamethrower by a Presbyterian doctor? I didn't know which argument to address in this thread, so I addressed them all. :pop:

And you did a helluva job.

olevetonahill
1/27/2011, 06:13 PM

Wait, Is the Flame thrower Legal or Illegal?

sooner59
1/27/2011, 06:19 PM
Wait, Is the Flame thrower Legal or Illegal?

Legal, just not in California. Pay tention!

AlboSooner
1/27/2011, 06:22 PM
The point is that gun control exists, whether you like it or not. If a legislature comes along it will not impose gun control, but rather extend the current gun control laws we have.

To me it's not an issue of how many guns you can have, or how many magazines. Have as many as you wish.

I would like that guys like the VT shooter, and Arizona shooter, could not get guns. You can pass a law to prevent mentally unstable people from purchasing guns, and not infringe the second amendment.

olevetonahill
1/27/2011, 06:30 PM
Legal, just not in California. Pay tention!

Hell aint nuthin legal In Ca. cept Hand grenades and Rocket launchers;)

sooner59
1/27/2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah Albo, but most people on this board ARE mentally unstable. That's why everybody is worried and pizzed. :D

delhalew
1/27/2011, 06:32 PM

And full term babies who have the misfortune of being born to an absolute cvnt.

olevetonahill
1/27/2011, 06:32 PM
The point is that gun control exists, whether you like it or not. If a legislature comes along it will not impose gun control, but rather extend the current gun control laws we have.

To me it's not an issue of how many guns you can have, or how many magazines. Have as many as you wish.

I would like that guys like the VT shooter, and Arizona shooter, could not get guns. You can pass a law to prevent mentally unstable people from purchasing guns, and not infringe the second amendment.

Except that is NOT what the Gun control people want, They want ALL guns out of the hands Of civilians,

sooner59
1/27/2011, 06:33 PM
Hell aint nuthin legal In Ca. cept Hand grenades and Rocket launchers;)

Uh oh, another thread jacking into closing the border. Where's Jaun? :confused:

olevetonahill
1/27/2011, 06:36 PM

You really are one sick mother****er:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
1/27/2011, 06:38 PM

Hell we dont need to close the Border bro, We jusy get LAS to go there and protect it with all those hand grenades and Rocket launchers he can get at gun shows out there. Plus he can always pick em off with long range shots:D

sooner59
1/27/2011, 06:43 PM
1000 yards baby!!! :D

olevetonahill
1/27/2011, 06:45 PM
Who is his spotter on here? Oh yes Turd, he may have to drag up from that ATT gig and go full time spotin:cool:

MR2-Sooner86
1/27/2011, 07:01 PM
Gun control is using both hands.

Personally, I want it to where everybody has to pack heat and has a gun in their house just like in Switzerland.

I would like that guys like the VT shooter, and Arizona shooter, could not get guns.

How about laws that allow students who have a concealed carry to carry on campus? There were several concealed carry holders who were about to take out the guy in Arizona. If more people pack heat, they die before the damage is done.

SouthFortySooner
1/27/2011, 07:46 PM
I don't even know if I own a gun. I haven't checked if I own a gun. Someone is going to take one from me? If they come to get mine in the middle of the night they can find out then.

SicEmBaylor
1/27/2011, 07:48 PM
How about laws that allow students who have a concealed carry to carry on campus? There were several concealed carry holders who were about to take out the guy in Arizona. If more people pack heat, they die before the damage is done.

Right on. The claims that it would be too dangerous are nonsense. How many people with a CHL do people interact with on a daily basis with no idea at all that they're packing? I asked this in another thread, but I can't recall hearing about someone with a CHL accidentally discharging their weapon (and trust me if it happened it'd be all over the news). I'm not saying it can't happen, but I don't think the issue is a justifiable concern to prevent legal CHL carriers from carrying on campus.

Way back when I was in HS and we had our school shooting, their answer was to (for a total of one day) to put metal detectors up at the door. Well, not only did that not work for a myriad of reasons, but our school shooting took place outside the building. I never felt unsafe at school, but a lot of people did after that. The fact is, the only thing that is going to save lives is having teachers or administrators packing. At the very least, every principal should have a gun safe in his office with a shotgun. It's sad that it's necessary but that's what our society has come to.

The fact is, the only thing that would keep our schools safer is for university students to be allowed to legally carry on campus. Nobody would even know they're carrying. In fact, screw the law, I would carry on campus anyway. Keep your weapon tucked away in your backpack and nobody is ever going to know and nobody needs to know that your'e carrying.

unbiasedtruth
1/27/2011, 07:53 PM

so what you are saying is a law is needed that any person that wants to purchase a gun needs to undergo a physcological evaluation before they can purchase said gun?

or are you saying Hippa laws in place now need revoked and everyone's medical history, both physical and mental be made available?

or both?

just curious.....

SanJoaquinSooner
1/27/2011, 08:22 PM

Right here.

SicEmBaylor
1/27/2011, 08:28 PM
Right here.

Ah, there you are...now go back to Mexico.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/27/2011, 08:35 PM
Ah, there you are...now go back to Mexico.

Now SicEm, I'm on your side. I think we should allow Mississippi to secede. I can't think of a single reason the U.S. needs Mississippi. Then y'all can legalize machine guns to your hearts desire and carry them on Ole Miss campus.

SicEmBaylor
1/27/2011, 09:06 PM
Now SicEm, I'm on your side. I think we should allow Mississippi to secede. I can't think of a single reason the U.S. needs Mississippi. Then y'all can legalize machine guns to your hearts desire and carry them on Ole Miss campus.

Common misconception, I never said that I actually favored any state ever leaving the Union.

SoonerBorn68
1/28/2011, 04:27 AM
My point is you shouldn't be more well armed than the average marine at any one time.

Why not? Our Founding Fathers wanted the population to be armed in case the government got out of control.

SoonerBorn68
1/28/2011, 04:36 AM

When you see God, you got some 'splainin' to do.

The Profit
1/28/2011, 10:02 AM
And full term babies who have the misfortune of being born to an absolute cvnt.

Since when did the flow of this conversation turn to Sarah Palin?

OUMallen
1/28/2011, 10:08 AM

If we let them lead, we'll take last place on lots of state metrics by default. :mad:

NormanPride
1/28/2011, 11:16 AM
Why not? Our Founding Fathers wanted the population to be armed in case the government got out of control.

I don't care what kind of magazine you've modded your 1930s Luger to have, it can't stand up to a tank.

Oldnslo
1/28/2011, 11:21 AM
I'd love for HIPPA to be repealed. All it's done is make medical records more time consuming and expensive to get.

The
1/28/2011, 11:22 AM
I don't care what kind of magazine you've modded your 1930s Luger to have, it can't stand up to a tank.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5919/reddawn.jpg

WOLVERINES!

JohnnyMack
1/28/2011, 11:23 AM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5919/reddawn.jpg

WOLVERINES!

Yeah, they all died.

Oldnslo
1/28/2011, 11:24 AM
Sticky bombs. Read your field manual.

Now, give me your sox.

The
1/28/2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah, they all died.

Nah, Jennifer Grey and the nerdy kid made it.

JohnnyMack
1/28/2011, 11:32 AM
Nah, Jennifer Grey and the nerdy kid made it.

Like I said. They all died.

SoonerBorn68
1/28/2011, 11:33 AM

I don't have pistols. :)

delhalew
1/28/2011, 11:40 AM
I don't have pistols. :)

Remember the photo The posted of the guy with an arsenal around his puter? I would like to direct your attention once more to the .50cal in the corner. For $5000 it can be yours!

NormanPride
1/28/2011, 11:50 AM
If it ever goes that far I'll just rely on my neighbors to arm me. Or just sit there and watch the world end.

delhalew
1/28/2011, 12:01 PM
If it ever goes that far I'll just rely on my neighbors to arm me. Or just sit there and watch the world end.

A lot of people will be shocked when they suddenly have to prove their worth. In order to have access to my armory, friends and neighbors will need to demonstrate that they are not totally useless. In the household of del, there are no entitlement programs.

If you bring knowledge or a strong back, come right in. If you like to whimper and be sheltered, lest you be elderly or child, you be in the wrong place matey.

3rdgensooner
1/28/2011, 12:02 PM
If it ever goes that far I'll just rely on my neighbors to arm me. Or just sit there and watch the world end.I'll send over my orangutan.

A lot of people will be shocked when they suddenly have to prove their worth. In order to have access to my armory, friends and neighbors will need to demonstrate that they are not totally useless. In the household of del, there are no entitlement programs.

If you bring knowledge or a strong back, come right in. If you like to whimper and be sheltered, lest you be elderly or child, you be in the wrong place matey.Do what?

SoonerBorn68
1/28/2011, 12:09 PM
Remember the photo The posted of the guy with an arsenal around his puter? I would like to direct your attention once more to the .50cal in the corner. For $5000 it can be yours!

Heh. Not in my budget. You could buy 5 rifles and 10,000 rounds for that price. :D

Granted, a mile plus range would be nice.

:les: GET OFF MY MOUNTAIN!

SoonerBorn68
1/28/2011, 12:10 PM

If you bring knowledge or a strong back, come right in. If you like to whimper and be sheltered, lest you be elderly or child, you be in the wrong place matey.

Exactly. I might be eating his food & living in his house. :D

bonkuba
1/28/2011, 12:13 PM
1000 yards baby!!! :D

This actually never gets old.......heh......the exposure thread (as some call it) was one of the best threads ever....well that and shotgun mouthwash :D

delhalew
1/28/2011, 12:20 PM
Exactly. I might be eating his food & living in his house. :D

To be clear, I wasn't trying to imply NP is without worth. I believe he would bring something to the table.

Others I can think of...doomed.

The
1/28/2011, 12:21 PM
To be clear, I wasn't trying to imply NP is without worth. I believe he would bring something to the table.

I'd burn your house down with my flame thrower then feast on your roasted carcass.

SoonerBorn68
1/28/2011, 12:23 PM
I'm sure a certain poster can hook you up with one of those.

SoonerBorn68
1/28/2011, 12:24 PM

I said might. ;)

3rdgensooner
1/28/2011, 12:24 PM
I'd burn your house down with my flame thrower then feast on your roasted carcass.
http://i.imgur.com/1i7Nn.gif

delhalew
1/28/2011, 12:25 PM
Be my guest. I wouldn't even get off the sofa. I would let my small children handle you.:)

The
1/28/2011, 12:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1i7Nn.gif

STAY OFF MY SITES