View Full Version : Matthew Stafford has missed 19 games in 2 seasons

JLEW1818
1/26/2011, 07:16 PM
19td
21int

bored

swardboy
1/26/2011, 07:23 PM
Yep, I wondered when someone would notice. He ain't all that.

btb916
1/26/2011, 09:14 PM
His own teammate just called him a china doll.

MI Sooner
1/26/2011, 09:20 PM
People up here are still convinced he's good. I still haven't made up my mind, but I haven't been too impressed so far. Hell, I thought Drew Stanton did about as well as Stafford when given a chance.

bluedogok
1/26/2011, 09:41 PM
The Greg Oden of the NFL?

LRoss
1/26/2011, 10:03 PM
I'm a Lions fan. I think he's quite talented. I'm afraid that injuries will keep him from being what he otherwise could be, though.

The guy who called him a china doll was on IR for most the year himself.

All in all I'll say this -- being a Lions fan REALLY helps me appreciate how great it is being a Sooner fan!

sperry
1/26/2011, 10:50 PM

At least Oden was good in college. Stafford wasn't even good at Georgia. His senior season, with A.J. Green and Knowshon Moreno to work with, they went like 8-4.

Soonermagik
1/26/2011, 10:59 PM
Some guys just have problems staying healthy. You can be amazing, but if you can't get on the field you're worthless.

Next season will be telling of his career. If he gets injured again, I think his NFL career may be over.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/26/2011, 11:18 PM
I think Stafford has shown a lot of ability in the NFL...Health is the main issue

pappy
1/27/2011, 12:45 AM
Stafford showed a lot of improvement from his rookie season to 2nd season...injuries cost him, but I think if he can stay healthy he will have a good career and the lions (one of my favorite teams, not my favorite, but their up there.) will be good in a couple seasons if not next season.

starclassic tama
1/27/2011, 01:18 AM
he seems like one of those guys that is super talented, but just never really produces for whatever reason. even in college when he was healthy his production was never really superb...

Since71ASooner4Life
1/27/2011, 06:27 AM
Stafford no doubt has an NFL arm and has looked pretty good when on the field, despite having only one stud receiver and little other talent around him on offense. Remember 0-16? It wasn't just a putrid defense.

His shoulder injuries occurred much like some kid who's NFL prospects were certainly in question after a couple of sacks in 2009 made him look a bit fragile. That kid recovered and St. Louis is glad they weren't deterred by the prior injuries.

Let's give it another year with some actual NFL talent on the field with him and see what happens. Some improvement on the OL this off season and we might see a 10-6 team in Detroit next season. ....... My God, I cant believe I just said that! I've lived here long enough to know better - this is the Lions I'm talking about!..............HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Mad Dog Madsen
1/27/2011, 10:01 AM

Naw... Greg Oden didn't even play his first two years in the NBA. So Stafford has him beat there.

NormanPride
1/27/2011, 11:11 AM
Greg Oden's doing pretty well for a 53 year old man.

badger
1/27/2011, 12:19 PM
Guys, it's the Lions. The Lions were so bad that Barry Sanders quit them while he was in his prime. After awhile, losing is the same whether you're on the bench or playing, and you're collecting your NFL checks regardless, so hey, so what if he's missed 19 games?

This next season though, don't be surprised to see em play all 16, because there's a good chance they'll actually have a winning record for once. Came close this year, will likely get it next year... probably at the expense of da bears and vikings in our division.