- Inception
- The Kids Are All Right
- The King's Speech
- Winter's Bone
- True Grit
- The Social Network (winner)
- Toy Story 3

BEST DIRECTOR
- Darren Aronofsky - Black Swan (winner)
- David O Russell - The Fighter
- Tom Hooper - The King's Speech
- David Fincher - The Social Network
- Joel Coen and Ethan Coen - True Grit

BEST ACTOR
- Colin Firth - The King's Speech (winner)
- Jesse Eisenberg - The Social Network
- James Franco - 127 Hours
- Javier Bardem - Biutiful
- Jeff Bridges - True Grit

BEST ACTRESS
- Annette Bening - The Kids Are All Right (winner)
- Nicole Kidman - Rabbit Hole
- Jennifer Lawrence - Winter's Bone
- Natalie Portman - Black Swan
- Michelle Williams - Blue Valentine

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Christian Bale - The Fighter (winner)
- John Hawkes - Winter's Bone
- Jeremy Renner - The Town
- Mark Ruffalo - The Kids Are All Right
- Geoffrey Rush - The King's Speech

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Amy Adams - The Fighter
- Helena Bonham Carter - The King's Speech (winner)
- Melissa Leo - The Fighter
- Hailee Steinfeld - True Grit
- Jacki Weaver - Animal Kingdom

NormanPride
1/25/2011, 05:11 PM
I really need to see the King's Speech. And True Grit.

jumperstop
1/25/2011, 05:28 PM
I haven't seen them all, but I'll tell you who I think will win and who I want to win (from what I've seen).
BEST PICTURE
The Social Network-will and should win IMO

BEST DIRECTOR
- Darren Aronofsky - Black Swan- will win
- David Fincher - The Social Network-should win

BEST ACTOR
- Colin Firth - The King's Speech-will win, terrible romantic comedy actor
- James Franco - 127 Hours- great actor have not seen this movie
- Jeff Bridges - True Grit- same here

BEST ACTRESS
- Natalie Portman - Black Swan-will probably win, she's good

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Christian Bale - The Fighter-great actor

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Helena Bonham Carter - The King's Speech- winner, could also go to one of The Fighter ladies.

If my predictions tell you anything, I don't know much about movies. And making predictions even though I have only seen like 3 of the movies that involve these awards. In other words, disregard everything I just said.

jumperstop
1/25/2011, 05:30 PM
And now for the technical awards. So who you guys think will win best screenplay editing of sound and wardrobe in a foriegn animated short film documentary?

My Opinion Matters
1/25/2011, 05:34 PM
I'm surprised Andrew Garfield wasn't nominated for The Social Network. He had the stand-out performance in that movie, imo.

soonerchk
1/25/2011, 05:39 PM
Did not love The Kids Are All Right, and I think Julianne Moore was more of the lead actress than Annette Bening.

jumperstop
1/25/2011, 05:39 PM
I'm surprised Andrew Garfield wasn't nominated for The Social Network. He had the stand-out performance in that movie, imo.

Yeah he was my favorite character in that movie, my gf said he was going to be the next spider man. I also like the guy who played the twins in that movie. Both twins one guy, but they did it with computers by having the actor and a double, and just putting actor number 1's face on the other guy. I didn't know that until after and would have never been able to tell the difference. Stuff like that takes some good acting.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/25/2011, 06:59 PM
I hope Kings Speech wins for best original screenplay, Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor.

I hope Social Network wins for Best Picture, Best Director, and best adapted screenplay.

I have not seen Black Swan, but I suspect Natalie Portman wins Best Actress.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/25/2011, 07:01 PM
If Curly Bill shows up and posts on this thread, it will be the gheyest post of the month.

Blue
1/25/2011, 07:04 PM
Did not love The Kids Are All Right, and I think Julianne Moore was more of the lead actress than Annette Bening.

Yeah but Hollywood loves teh gays, so expect her to win.

A Sooner in Texas
1/25/2011, 09:55 PM
Haven't seen all of them yet, but Natalie Portman is sensational in Black Swan. Ditto for Haylee Steinfeld in True Grit. As much as I enjoyed Inception, best picture? Don't think so.
Can't wait to see The King's Speech.

delhalew
1/25/2011, 10:00 PM
I just watched Black Swan. Every Aronofsky film I watch leaves me feeling downright awful. I have never seen anyone else who can do what he can do with tension and stress.

The first time I watched Pi, I was on WAY too much acid...wasn't sure I would recover from that. That movie was so good that it nearly drove me crazy the second time I watched it as well (completely sober this time).

Requiem left me with that rotten and tired pit in my stomach as well. Given the subject matter, that seems more reasonable.

An hour after watching Black Swan, I still have a sick feeling of too much adrenaline. I feel tired from being on edge for a couple of hours straight.

You would think by now I would pass on watching any of his movies. The thing is...it's always worth it.

Several times during the movie I actually thought, "Come on Darren, You're freaking killing me here." Of course, I stayed riveted.

Now the reason I think this may have been the best film I have ever seen from Aronofsky, was the PAYOFF. I often feel he gives you a great movie that destroys every last nerve you possess, without the benefit of a payoff to match.

Just as I believe I may have just seen the best acting Natalie Portman is capable of, I finally got what I always wanted from Aronofsky. A proper ending to make the sickness that he so skillfully provides, worth it.

Now if I just had a XANAX.

Vernon Parrington
1/25/2011, 10:08 PM
Wow Delhalew! that was some review!

delhalew
1/26/2011, 09:10 AM
Every now and then, when something strikes me, I can string a few sentences together.
Swan is an excellent film.

C&CDean
1/26/2011, 09:14 AM
There's no Harry Potter anywhere on those lists. They're bogus.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/26/2011, 09:17 AM
I'll put something hairy on your list

Sooner_Bob
1/26/2011, 09:38 AM
If you want depressing and dark watch Frozen and The Road . . .

SanJoaquinSooner
1/26/2011, 09:38 AM

If I recall correctly, the Golden Globe she won was for best supporting actress. I don't think she'll win a best actress oscar for that role.

delhalew
1/26/2011, 10:01 AM
If you want depressing and dark watch Frozen and The Road . . .

I watched The Road. It was depressing as hell. That, however, is a far cry from describing Black Swan.

Aronofsky is a master of showing you the shattering of a psyche. When I described Swan I uses the term tension. That is the key.

Anyone can make a depressing film. Certainly, Hillcoat in his directing of The Road, supplied tension and drama. The road was decent.

I would like to know from those who have seen Swan, if they agree about the relentless style of filmmaking Aronofsky has finally perfected, in my view. Also, if you believe he finally succeeded in supplying an ending worthy of the rest of the film?

Of course, the directors most impressive feat was, undoubtedly, making me give a damn about a ballet for 2 hours.

setem
1/26/2011, 10:08 AM
Is the lesbian sex in Black Swan so good it is nominated for a Academy Away?

I mean I loved the scene but cmon...Black Swan? For real?

The Big Lebowski should be nominated every year! I don't care if it was released in 1998!

Amber Tamblyn(127 hours) is smoken hot!

delhalew
1/26/2011, 10:18 AM
Is the lesbian sex in Black Swan so good it is nominated for a Academy Away?

I mean I loved the scene but cmon...Black Swan? For real?

The Big Lebowski should be nominated every year! I don't care if it was released in 1998!

Amber Tamblyn(127 hours) is smoken hot!

So the sifting through the madness and paranoia, in an effort to ferret out reality, does nothing for you?

My Opinion Matters
1/26/2011, 10:25 AM
On the topic of Darren Arnononfosyski(sp?), I tried watching The Fountain the other day. My reaction after 15 minutes was "what the ******** is the ****ing ****?" and I turned it off.

The End.

delhalew
1/26/2011, 10:31 AM
On the topic of Darren Arnononfosyski(sp?), I tried watching The Fountain the other day. My reaction after 15 minutes was "what the ******** is the ****ing ****?" and I turned it off.

The End.

That is probably the film of his that I haven't seen.

That said, I wouldn't blame anyone for turning off one of his movies. It is never an easy ride.

My Opinion Matters
1/26/2011, 10:35 AM
That is probably the film of his that I haven't seen.

That said, I wouldn't blame anyone for turning off one of his movies. It is never an easy ride.

It seemed to be one of those films that was trying very hard to be an "art film" and was very impressed with itself. I don't mind a movie that challenges the viewer, but this movie seemed to be going absolutely nowhere.

delhalew
1/26/2011, 10:40 AM

The End.

It seemed to be one of those films that was trying very hard to be an "art film" and was very impressed with itself. I don't mind a movie that challenges the viewer, but this movie seemed to be going absolutely nowhere.

It's a shame if he made one of those. Swan is not that.
Can you tell me if The Fountain featured intense paranoia? If so, that would be a central theme in ALL of his films.

saucysoonergal
1/26/2011, 11:00 AM
I really enjoyed Black Swan. It was a full theater and you could feel the energy crackle in the room as the story unfolded, lots of nervous laughter as well.

My Opinion Matters
1/26/2011, 11:13 AM
It's a shame if he made one of those. Swan is not that.
Can you tell me if The Fountain featured intense paranoia? If so, that would be a central theme in ALL of his films.

If it did, I never got there. The first 15 minutes consisted of Hugh Jackman pondering the meaning of his space bubble filled with a single tree.

C&CDean
1/26/2011, 11:17 AM
For the life of me I can't understand why someone would pay good $$ to go to a flick that scares/depresses/confuses/makes one paranoid/etc. WTF is the point? I always thought movies were supposed to be fun and entertaining, and if not, then why bother? I do like some flicks like The Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood) that could be called a little "dark" but the whole "I need some time here to wrap my head around this freaky deal" ain't for me.

saucysoonergal
1/26/2011, 11:23 AM
Dean Black Swan was very entertaining, you had no idea what was coming next, it was cool and weird and very watchable.

setem
1/26/2011, 12:15 PM
I just got Winter's Bone(tee hee!) and 127 hours! Gonna watch them soon!

soonerchk
1/26/2011, 12:20 PM
If I recall correctly, the Golden Globe she won was for best supporting actress. I don't think she'll win a best actress oscar for that role.

You are correct and it makes no sense.

delhalew
1/26/2011, 12:27 PM
For the life of me I can't understand why someone would pay good $$ to go to a flick that scares/depresses/confuses/makes one paranoid/etc. WTF is the point? I always thought movies were supposed to be fun and entertaining, and if not, then why bother? I do like some flicks like The Unforgiven (Clint Eastwood) that could be called a little "dark" but the whole "I need some time here to wrap my head around this freaky deal" ain't for me.

Results may vary. I tend to throw myself deep into a movie. I get emotional during westerns and kids movies...anything high quality.

I definitely feel rode hard and put up wet after an Aronofsky film. I do, however, stick by my assertion that Black Swan is completely worth it.

Sure seeing Mila Kunis look up from between Portman's legs doesn't hurt, but in the grand scheme of the film, that is a minor blip.

soonerchk
1/26/2011, 12:29 PM

Sometimes I got to the movies to escape, sometimes to be forced to think, and sometimes just to chill. For me, an entertaining movie doesn't have to be a fun movie.

delhalew
1/26/2011, 01:02 PM
What award can we give this girl...just saying.

NSFW
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/delhalew/images.jpg

Wishboned
1/26/2011, 01:55 PM
Just my opinion but I thought Black Swan was a little heavy handed and really predictable.

The Social Network took what could have been the most boring subject ever, and made it an interesting movie.

Christian Bale was outstanding in The Fighter. I was blown away by his performance.

Soonerchaz
1/26/2011, 06:01 PM
I just got Winter's Bone(tee hee!) and 127 hours! Gonna watch them soon!

Winter's Bone is fantastic...bleak for sure...but great. Jennifer Lawrence and John Hawkes are both very deserving of their nominations.

MrJimBeam
1/27/2011, 07:08 AM
Winter's Bone is fantastic...bleak for sure...but great. Jennifer Lawrence and John Hawkes are both very deserving of their nominations.

Yep, that Lawrence girl was great. Very, very good movie.

C&CDean
1/27/2011, 08:23 AM
So next you people are gonna tell me you thought Fargo was a great flick.

delhalew
1/27/2011, 08:58 AM

Don'cha know!

SanJoaquinSooner
1/27/2011, 09:00 AM

It was very clever and quite funny in a dark humor way.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/27/2011, 09:00 AM
Dean, do you not enjoy Hitchcock films?

OUMallen
1/27/2011, 10:00 AM

It was a great flick. Right when it ended the first time I watched it, I replayed it.

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 12:39 PM
Fargo sucked.

I went this past Saturday and saw The King's Speech. It was pretty dang good, and as I'm watching I go "there's Dumbledore (King George V)....there's Bellatrix LeStrange (King's old lady)....There's Peter Petigrew/Wormtail (Winston Churchill)," so hell, no wonder it was good. They had half the cast of Harry Potter acting in it.

The Profit
2/7/2011, 12:43 PM
Fargo sucked.

I went this past Saturday and saw The King's Speech. It was pretty dang good, and as I'm watching I go "there's Dumbledore (King George V)....there's Bellatrix LeStrange (King's old lady)....There's Peter Petigrew/Wormtail (Winston Churchill)," so hell, no wonder it was good. They had half the cast of Harry Potter acting in it.

I thought King's Speech was the best movie I have seen this year. It was followed closely by The Fighter. I thought True Grit was decent as well. Matt Damon was a helluva lot better than Glenn Campbell. I still haven't seen Social Network. We will watch it during the next snow storm.

OUMallen
2/7/2011, 12:48 PM
I thought the Social network was entertaining, but not on the level with King's Speech

SanJoaquinSooner
2/11/2011, 11:37 PM
getting ready to watch Winter's Bone

texaspokieokie
2/12/2011, 09:54 AM
i liked "fargo".

SanJoaquinSooner
2/12/2011, 12:37 PM
Winter's Bone was very well done. Exceptional performances by the main character's Jennifer Lawrence and the actor who played Teardrop. Most of the minor characters were believable backwoods folk. I know it was filmed in Missouri. It reminds me of patches of places in the California foothills near gold country...how the illkept insides of the homes look and how throw-away items tend to pile up around the outsides of the homes; and the crustly old people who live in them, wrinkled beyond their years from the elements, cigarette smoking, and the hard life in general.

The story has the familiar structure of responsible child with irresponsible parents. The 17 year old daughter's dad is out on bail for meth manufacturing but is a no-show for his court date. He had put the house up for his bond, so the daughter needs to find her missing dad before the family (with two small kids and a mentally ill mom) loses the home.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/12/2011, 02:11 PM
Winter's Bone's Jennifer Lawrence and John Hawkes are nominated for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actor, resp. Both are greatly deserved, although I don't expect either to win.

It's been a good year to actually see most of the films before the Oscar's on Feb 27.

KC//CRIMSON
2/25/2011, 10:33 PM
If this wins the oscar for best documentary I'm going to LMAO. Still haven't figured out if Banksy is just pulling one over on everyone.

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/Exit_Through_The_Gift_Shop/exit_through_the_gift_shop.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2011, 10:40 PM
If this wins the oscar for best documentary I'm going to LMAO. Still haven't figured out if Bansky is just pullng one over on everyone.

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/Exit_Through_The_Gift_Shop/exit_through_the_gift_shop.jpg
Seen that on netflix...may have to check it out tomorrow...

SanJoaquinSooner
2/27/2011, 10:06 AM
I'm getting pumped about tonight's show. Most years, I haven't seen very many of the films, but I did this year -- although I ****ed around and never saw Black Swan like I had intended.

My favorite films were Social Network, King's Speech, and Winter's Bone.

True Grit was a good western, but I just don't see Oscar worthiness. That John Wayne won Best Actor for falling off his horse in the original is enough already. The young Haddie girl is nominated for best supporting actress. That's bull****. She was the lead female, not a supporting actress. If she wins it's bull****. However, I have not doubt she'll have a fine acting career. She's very talented.

oulucas
2/27/2011, 05:29 PM
I don't get to see too many films each year because of having two young kids. But The King's Speech was by far the best movie I saw this year. I also saw The Social Network and True Grit and loved both of them (these are the only three movies I saw in the theatre this year). I hope Steinfeld wins for True Grit.

The King's Speech drew me in from the first scene and never let me go. In my opinion it is one of the greatest displays of acting by two people together in a movie (Firth and Geoffrey Rush).

Just my 2 cents.

C&CDean
2/27/2011, 06:02 PM
"My castle, my rules."

I went and saw The King's Speech again with momma last weekend when she was visiting up here in DC. The theater was PACKED. At a 10:45 am matinee.

The second time around I realized that Colin Firth makes this movie. Rush? Pretty good. Bellatrix? The bomb. Wormtail? Perfect. Dumbledore? Perfect.

This flick will win a buttload of awards any way you slice it.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/27/2011, 06:36 PM
"My castle, my rules."

I went and saw The King's Speech again with momma last weekend when she was visiting up here in DC. The theater was PACKED. At a 10:45 am matinee.

The second time around I realized that Colin Firth makes this movie. Rush? Pretty good. Bellatrix? The bomb. Wormtail? Perfect. Dumbledore? Perfect.

This flick will win a buttload of awards any way you slice it.

I expect King's Speech to win best picture, best actor (firth) and best original screenplay. It could take best director but Social Network's director may grab it.

I would love to see Rush take best supporting actor but my understanding is Christian Bale is the heavy favorite. I did not see the Fighter.

Social Network should take best adapted screenplay too. It is as deserving as King's Speech for best picture but King's Speech has the Weinstein (Shakespeare in Love) machine behind it. Plus the academy seems to favor British storylines. In my mind, King's Speech is all about the fine acting.

Toystory III should take best animated, although it was far short of TS I and II.

I haven't seen any of the foreign language films yet. I usually do though, a year later.

Collier11
2/27/2011, 07:19 PM
Fargo sucked.

such a dork, atleast youre a Cards fan

C&CDean
2/27/2011, 07:26 PM
such a dork, atleast youre a Cards fan

Blow me. Don't act like you weren't all misty when the king made his speech. Especially the one before the OU/TX game where he said "hell, Oklahoma invented championships!"

Collier11
2/27/2011, 07:28 PM
not sure what that has to do with Harry Potter but the King gives me wood regularly

SanJoaquinSooner
2/27/2011, 07:38 PM
Scarlet J is looking hot on the red carpet

SanJoaquinSooner
2/27/2011, 08:02 PM
And speaking of hot, I didn't recognize Winter's Bone's Jennifer Lawrence on the red carpet. She looked really fine -- I had no idea. It's too bad she's up against Natalie Portman. Jennifer did a great job in Bone.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/27/2011, 08:06 PM
Justin Timberlake being interviewed. He deserved a nomination for Social Network best supporting actor.

cantwait48
2/27/2011, 09:03 PM
who was that old dude?

Blue
2/27/2011, 09:06 PM
Gordon Geckos dad.

sooneron
2/28/2011, 12:19 AM
Horrible show with some decent results.

picasso
2/28/2011, 12:36 AM
Horrible show with some decent results.

Kinda like your sex life?

Blue
2/28/2011, 12:44 AM
Badum Ching!

SanJoaquinSooner
2/28/2011, 12:56 AM
The hosting was fail.

The opening was funny though.

Inception won more awards than I was expecting. No big upsets.

Okla-homey
2/28/2011, 07:03 AM
Fargo sucked.

don't forget, the speech therapist in The King's Speech is Captain Barbarossa from the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.:D

delhalew
2/28/2011, 08:54 AM
I knew Portman had best actress sown up.

texaspokieokie
2/28/2011, 09:09 AM
can't figure why anyone outside of hollywood would care.

sooneron
2/28/2011, 10:30 AM
Kinda like your sex life?
Howzit needs to stop talking in her sleep.:gary:

delhalew
2/28/2011, 11:15 AM
can't figure why anyone outside of hollywood would care.

Care seems like a big word. I don't know how anyone can watch that crap.

texaspokieokie
2/28/2011, 11:31 AM
Care seems like a big word. I don't know how anyone can watch that crap.

to me, "care" is not a big word. only 4 letters.

i'm with you tho, couldn't watch it. anyone i forgot it was on.

SteelClip49
2/28/2011, 11:32 AM
I watch the Oscars because, seeing the movies that are nominated, you become your own critic and give your thoughts on it. It doesn't do me any favors but to see if you were right about what you thought regarding the movies you saw.

If anything, as a majority, the show is for news media, fashion designers, countrymen and women overseas who are represented in the nominated field and families who have a connection with the show.

I like the Oscars and overall, I thought the 83rd 9last night) was the worst show of them all. Nothing will top Hugh Jackman's hosting of the 81st Awards, Ellen's year and the 82nd Awards hosted by Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.

It was good to see Billy Crystal make an appearance and he should be the permanent host of not then the host most of the time.

delhalew
2/28/2011, 11:56 AM
I watch the Oscars because, seeing the movies that are nominated, you become your own critic and give your thoughts on it. It doesn't do me any favors but to see if you were right about what you thought regarding the movies you saw.

If anything, as a majority, the show is for news media, fashion designers, countrymen and women overseas who are represented in the nominated field and families who have a connection with the show.

I like the Oscars and overall, I thought the 83rd 9last night) was the worst show of them all. Nothing will top Hugh Jackman's hosting of the 81st Awards, Ellen's year and the 82nd Awards hosted by Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.

It was good to see Billy Crystal make an appearance and he should be the permanent host of not then the host most of the time.

I really like film, so I usually have an opinion. IMHO, the ceremonies are so vapid and tedious, watching is like a screwdriver on the brain.

Besides, if something of note happens, I can catch it on the YouTube.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 12:02 PM
While I've seen a couple of these flicks, there's not enough tea in China to get me to watch any of the POS award shows. Who won?

yermom
2/28/2011, 12:31 PM
i'm a movie dork. i love watching it every year. i've seen every best picture since the early 80's (until last night) but i'm working my way back now :D

i knew Inception would win the technical awards. if you didn't see it in a good theater, you missed out, IMO

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 12:34 PM
So who the **** won?

3rdgensooner
2/28/2011, 12:36 PM
Google it noob.

yermom
2/28/2011, 12:38 PM
The King's Speech won Best Picture, Natalie Portman (Black Swan) won Best Actress, Best Actor was Colin Firth(King's Speech), Best Supporting Actor was Christian Bale (The Fighter) and Best Supporting Actress was the old lady with the F-Bomb from The Fighter

i still need to see all of the above films... i've been a bit busy :D

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 12:54 PM
Google it noob.

That's what I have you minions for. Sheez.

3rdgensooner
2/28/2011, 12:58 PM
I am no one's minion.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 12:58 PM
R2

yermom
2/28/2011, 12:59 PM
it's an honor to be Dean's minion

would you like me to Google anything for you, sir? :D

OULenexaman
2/28/2011, 12:59 PM
So who the **** won? all of da white wimmin this year....it was a nice change.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 01:23 PM
it's an honor to be Dean's minion

would you like me to Google anything for you, sir? :D

Google Doleo

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 01:25 PM
Heh. I did it myself since I do like to spend time in the trenches with my minions:

doleo to suffer pain, to be pained, grieve

Heh.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 01:25 PM
Lord knows the boy gives me plenty of pain.

Scott D
2/28/2011, 01:28 PM
interesting how yermom is busy once doleo found himself a woman to bother.

jumperstop
2/28/2011, 01:39 PM
Was it just me, or did James Franco look like he smoked a joint during every commercial break?

3rdgensooner
2/28/2011, 01:42 PM
James Franco always looks like that

jumperstop
2/28/2011, 02:01 PM
James Franco always looks like that

He's probably always stoned.

3rdgensooner
2/28/2011, 02:12 PM
He may well be. He's no slouch though. He's been taking a heavy courseload at three different graduate schools and is working on a Ph.D.

jumperstop
2/28/2011, 02:35 PM
He may well be. He's no slouch though. He's been taking a heavy courseload at three different graduate schools and is working on a Ph.D.

Yeah just read up on him a bit. Turns out he says he doesn't smoke pot, don't entirely believe him but just because he looks stoned all the time doesn't mean he is. He does seen border line genius though. Applied to 15 doctoral programs and got accepted to 14, some which take one person a year. Probably helps he's famous, but still impressive.

soonercruiser
2/28/2011, 02:40 PM
WHO IS THE ARROGANT BAS**** THAT HAD THE AUTHORITY, ACCESS, VILE BRAIN, AND GALL TO CHANGE MY POST??????

This kind of behavior must be stopped by the owners of this web site!
DEAN! Who could have done this vile, demented act?

3rdgensooner
2/28/2011, 02:42 PM
Oh goody! Here comes the political enema!

saucysoonergal
2/28/2011, 03:31 PM
Why do some people have to ruin every thread with their political crapola?

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 04:06 PM
Wha?

sooneron
2/28/2011, 04:12 PM
Just stick to being happy that the movie you saw won a lot of awards.

C&CDean
2/28/2011, 04:13 PM
I are.

NormanPride
2/28/2011, 04:16 PM
I've always wondered who the "academy" was and why anyone cared what they thought... As far as I know, there's no real school to go to to be a hollywood director. Sure there's film school, but that doesn't make you a hollywood director, just a person that knows stuff about making movies. So who/what is the academy? A gold statue company?

sooneron
2/28/2011, 04:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMPAS

NormanPride
2/28/2011, 04:22 PM
Silly wikipedia and their facts. Life is too boring for you. I prefer to believe that the academy is a giant feline that converts good movies into gold trophies through its unique digestive system.

yermom
2/28/2011, 07:27 PM
Google Doleo

cogito, ergo doleo

heh

soonercruiser
2/28/2011, 10:36 PM
WHO IS THE ARROGANT BAS**** THAT HAD THE AUTHORITY, ACCESS, VILE BRAIN, AND GALL TO CHANGE MY POST??????

A person who would do this to THE ORIGINAL POST is a little pimple faced jerk that is not worthy to have such access!

An investigation is in order!

sooneron
2/28/2011, 10:46 PM
:rcmad:

saucysoonergal
3/1/2011, 10:50 AM
See, Cruiser RUINS every thread. Bane him I say!!!

A person who would do this to THE ORIGINAL POST is a little pimple faced jerk that is not worthy to have such access!

An investigation is in order!

jumperstop
3/1/2011, 12:21 PM
See, Cruiser RUINS every thread. Bane him I say!!!

poor guy is going nuts with y'all picking on him.

sooneron
3/2/2011, 10:49 PM
Forgot to mention the other night, Zehr Kewl that Reznor won an Oscar. It would be even better if Elfman did.