PDA

View Full Version : Real Beer fans, call your legislator

Boarder
1/25/2011, 01:29 AM
http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/2011%2D12bills/hb/hjr1034%5Fint.rtf

This bill will go to a vote to see if we want to get rid of the low-point beer system. Glory be! The only step left would be to get rid of the "can't serve it cold" thing. Then, we can get New Belgium (and others).

Call your legislator and beg them to put this ahead of the annual abortion, evolution in schools, and anti-Muslim bills!

Boarder
1/25/2011, 01:38 AM
The second step would be to change 37 O.S. Supp. 2010, Section 521, H to get rid of the line, "All alcoholic beverages that are sold by a package store are to be sold at ordinary room temperature."

sooner59
1/25/2011, 01:41 AM
I can stand by that.

yankee
1/25/2011, 01:48 AM
*Cue olevet rant about all beers being the same, with multiple uses of dumb arse in play*

:D

Boarder
1/25/2011, 02:02 AM
Yeah, I'm not so worried about getting non-3.2 Coors Light as much as wanting Fat Tire without driving to Dallas.

THE-JROD
1/25/2011, 02:08 AM
That would be completely dumb if they made ya sell packaged beer at room temp!! Fuk that!

hawaii 5-0
1/25/2011, 02:11 AM
I had just been wondering if the 3.2 beer thing had been resolved.

Still backward as ever.

At least you can still get liquor by the drink.

5-0

olevetonahill
1/25/2011, 08:22 AM
*Cue olevet rant about all beers being the same, with multiple uses of dumb arse in play*

*Cue the dumbass that cant understand a simple arguement*:rolleyes:

Mixer!
1/25/2011, 09:24 AM
*Cue the yankee dumbass that cant understand a simple arguement*:rolleyes:

FIFY ;)

olevetonahill
1/25/2011, 09:26 AM
FIFY ;)

KuppiKunta
1/25/2011, 09:38 AM
The second step would be to change 37 O.S. Supp. 2010, Section 521, H to get rid of the line, "All alcoholic beverages that are sold by a package store are to be sold at ordinary room temperature."

Why not just open a small beer store where the whole store is basically a walk-in cooler? This way it's the "ordinary room temperature" of the whole store?

texaspokieokie
1/25/2011, 09:39 AM
Why not just open a small beer store where the whole store is basically a walk-in cooler? This way it's the "ordinary room temperature" of the whole store?

good idea, but i'd hate to work there.

saucysoonergal
1/25/2011, 10:45 AM

This is easy, just import some Inuits to work there.

Ike
1/25/2011, 11:24 AM
So if I am reading the bill right, passage doesn't actually do away with the low point beer system, but sends that to a vote of the people.

jumperstop
1/25/2011, 11:35 AM
So if I am reading the bill right, passage doesn't actually do away with the low point beer system, but sends that to a vote of the people.

I hope that would easily pass, but you never know in OK

Ike
1/25/2011, 11:37 AM
I hope that would easily pass, but you never know in OK

Yeah...

Boarder
1/25/2011, 11:39 AM
Correct. Surely we could get that to pass. Although, you'd hear a ton about how it's (meaning WalMart) going to kill the small liquor stores. There seems to be a ton of small liquor stores in Texas.

Mixer!
1/25/2011, 11:39 AM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/prohibition-7.jpg

Jammin'
1/25/2011, 11:42 AM
New Belgium and Dogfishhead need to be sold in OK. I don't care if it's room temp or not, I'm tired of importing or bringing back with me when I travel elsewhere.

NormanPride
1/25/2011, 11:46 AM
I want to be able to have really rare beer shipped to my door.

Illegal. :mad:

rekamrettuB
1/25/2011, 11:49 AM
For those bitching about high point beer being sold room temp, is it really that difficult to put that beer under ice for about 10 minutes?

MR2-Sooner86
1/25/2011, 11:57 AM
For those bitching about high point beer being sold room temp, is it really that difficult to put that beer under ice for about 10 minutes?

Yes.

rekamrettuB
1/25/2011, 12:05 PM
Yes.

I should have started a poll. :D

Ike
1/25/2011, 12:09 PM
Correct. Surely we could get that to pass. Although, you'd hear a ton about how it's (meaning WalMart) going to kill the small liquor stores. There seems to be a ton of small liquor stores in Texas.

I'm kinda OK with killing the liquor stores. Their markups are huge.

JohnnyMack
1/25/2011, 12:11 PM
I sent my e-mail.

MR2-Sooner86
1/25/2011, 12:14 PM
I'm kinda OK with killing the liquor stores. Their markups are huge.

It's won't kill the liquor stores. My friend is a salesman for a large portion of liquor stores in Tulsa and he deals in everything but wine is the big seller. Fine wines can't be found at Walmart and I doubt they will be in the near future.

JohnnyMack
1/25/2011, 12:25 PM
Just got this e-mail:

I will have my Legislative Assistant retrieve and I will review this Bill John...thanks for contacting me

JohnnyMack
1/25/2011, 12:26 PM
It's won't kill the liquor stores. My friend is a salesman for a large portion of liquor stores in Tulsa and he deals in everything but wine is the big seller. Fine wines can't be found at Walmart and I doubt they will be in the near future.

Yup. A store like Parkhill's in Tulsa for example has nothing to worry about. Their selection of wines and high end spirits won't be on the shelf in a Wal-Mart.

Boarder
1/25/2011, 12:26 PM
That's a good question.
1. I am of the mind that the beer stays fresher longer if it is kept cold. I may be wrong, but it sure seems that way to me. And...
2. As I understand it, there are certain companies who won't sell in Oklahoma because of the cold issue. New Belgium, for instance. I'm not sure if that's why Dogfish Head won't, but it probably is a factor I would guess.

JohnnyMack
1/25/2011, 12:34 PM
That's a good question.
1. I am of the mind that the beer stays fresher longer if it is kept cold. I may be wrong, but it sure seems that way to me. And...
2. As I understand it, there are certain companies who won't sell in Oklahoma because of the cold issue. New Belgium, for instance. I'm not sure if that's why Dogfish Head won't, but it probably is a factor I would guess.

I travel for work and I'm a total beer dork. I can tell you that plenty of New Belgium stuff is sold at room temp. So is DFH.

Boarder
1/25/2011, 01:59 PM
I travel for work and I'm a total beer dork. I can tell you that plenty of New Belgium stuff is sold at room temp. So is DFH.
Yeah, I noticed that at Whole Foods in Dallas. Supposedly, though, that was a factor in them not coming here. Just what I hear-ed.

Fraggle145
1/25/2011, 02:08 PM
Actually some of it has to do with some of the distributer laws that we have here about who can distribute etc... More than the cold issue anyway.

OUMallen
1/25/2011, 02:24 PM

That's not the point at all, and if you can't see that, I don't know if you're properly armed for debate.

E.g.- it wouldn't be so bad if I couldn't buy pomegranate juice, either. But that doesn't mean the state has a right or good reason to restrict it.

delhalew
1/25/2011, 02:31 PM
That's not the point at all, and if you can't see that, I don't know if you're properly armed for debate.

E.g.- it wouldn't be so bad if I couldn't buy pomegranate juice, either. But that doesn't mean the state has a right or good reason to restrict it.

Easy...that train of thought is a real stretch for some around here.

yankee
1/25/2011, 02:52 PM
*Cue the dumbass that cant understand a simple arguement*:rolleyes:

God you are so easy to **** off. I love it. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0032.gif

olevetonahill
1/25/2011, 03:03 PM
God you are so easy to **** off. I love it. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0032.gif

God you are so stupid,if you think yer little dig pissed me off:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yankee
1/25/2011, 03:04 PM
God you are so stupid,if you think yer little dig pissed me off:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0032.gif

OUMallen
1/25/2011, 03:05 PM
Emailed my rep and senator.

olevetonahill
1/25/2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy0032.gif

http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dork-cat.jpg

sooner ngintunr
1/25/2011, 06:39 PM
They tried to get this to a vote of the people a year ago but that ****stick brogden wouldn't let it out of comittee. **** politicians like that. For OK being such a pro business state, we are telling a bunch of businesses to **** off with our stupid "blue" liquor laws.