PDA

View Full Version : Following recruiting too closely...

bent rider
1/24/2011, 09:30 PM
I've decided that following recruiting closely is for those who didn't get enough rejection by teenagers in high school.

oudavid1
1/24/2011, 10:48 PM
I've decided that following recruiting closely is for those who didn't get enough rejection by teenagers in high school.

I just like to see what coaches like. Go back and learn.

agoo758
1/25/2011, 12:06 AM

That doesn't even make any sense what you just said.

That being said, following recruiting is quite a drag.

NorCal Sooner
1/25/2011, 12:19 AM

:confused:

FirstandGoal
1/25/2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah, the OP confuses me as well.

I personally just can't get too excited about recruiting. I mean, I think its great that talented kids want to come to OU to play, but until they show that they are assets both on and off the field, then I'm not gonna invest all my time and energy into them.

agoo758
1/25/2011, 01:23 AM
......And eating pizza, is like.....um....... taking bananas and throwing them at a dartboard.

THE-JROD
1/25/2011, 01:31 AM
I will actually go against what some of you are saying! I know that recruitment can seem boring to the average fan or person and that totally makes sense and is fine. But I myself find it rather interesting because in a way the coaches are still competeing in e certain fashion: trying to win the kids over.

Leroy Lizard
1/25/2011, 03:10 AM

Are you kidding? Recruiting is more important than winning.

Sorry, I posted this on the wrong board.

Always_Sooner
1/25/2011, 03:32 AM
Recruiting is just as vital as the NFL draft. I tend to at least skim the surface, but I still tend to think it's not always talent, but a combination of what fits your systems you run. It's also easy to figure out if this stud pans out then he will be gone after a short 3 years removed from high school

AlbqSooner
1/25/2011, 07:43 AM
......And eating pizza, is like.....um....... taking bananas and throwing them at a dartboard.

If you throw it while it is still hot, pizza sticks better.

TahoeSOONER
1/25/2011, 11:47 AM
Following recruiting is easy but I don't get too excited until they show something at the next level.

It's cool to see where they came from and how they've grown at the next level.

Sooner_Tuf
1/25/2011, 12:17 PM
Recruiting is actually pretty interesting and is one of the few things that can give you a look to the future.

Besides who here doesn't love to hear a good Switzer recruiting story?

Aldebaran
1/25/2011, 12:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with a barely legal man crush.

Adrian
1/25/2011, 12:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with a barely legal man crush.

Speaking of which, just how deep was Sooner Sam's booming bass voice?

stoopified
1/25/2011, 05:49 PM
Yeah, the OP confuses me as well.

I personally just can't get too excited about recruiting. I mean, I think its great that talented kids want to come to OU to play, but until they show that they are assets both on and off the field, then I'm not gonna invest all my time and energy into them.Truer words were never spoken.

soonercastor
1/25/2011, 07:59 PM

:pop: :pop: