PDA

View Full Version : Blake vs. The Mavericks

SCOUT
1/24/2011, 05:43 PM
For those of you who don't know, the Clips play the Mavs Tuesday night. I am going to my first Maverick game in probably 5 years to see him play.

I can't wait.

olevetonahill
1/24/2011, 07:58 PM
Enjoy, Post pics;)

ouleaf
1/24/2011, 10:10 PM
unfortunately can't make it tomorrow night, but the Clips come back thru Dallas in April and i'm definitely going then. I hope Blake plays great, but I still hope the Mavs win. Clips haven't proved to be as good of a road team so I'm hoping that the Mavs can use that to their advantage.

soonerhubs
1/25/2011, 01:24 PM
I thought this was a good write up on BG. It's refreshing to be able to see the doubters eat crow. LINKY (http://www.reddirtchronicles.com/2011/01/griffin-is-good-but-is-he-a-superstar/#comment-1442)

badger
1/25/2011, 01:36 PM
Does anybody else daydream of Blake playing on their team? :)

Does said daydream involve your team suddenly being in the playoffs, in the Finals, winning the championship, perhaps all of the above? :)

:mad: then reality smacks you the face when you realize he's stuck on the Clippers on a non-playoff bound team with a crappy owner and a fanbase full of D-list hollywooders that don't have enough money to be Laker fans!

SCOUT
1/25/2011, 02:15 PM

Does said daydream involve your team suddenly being in the playoffs, in the Finals, winning the championship, perhaps all of the above? :)

:mad: then reality smacks you the face when you realize he's stuck on the Clippers on a non-playoff bound team with a crappy owner and a fanbase full of D-list hollywooders that don't have enough money to be Laker fans!

One of the sports talk show hosts here in Dallas said that he would trade the entire Mavericks roster for Blake straight up. He was obviously speaking tongue in cheek, but his point was still pretty good. He said that he would rather lose every game this year but be able to build a team around that kind of talent.

badger
1/25/2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, if the fans didn't have a little bit of loyalty to longterm guys like Dirk then that might actually work :D

Then again... Steve Nash... still sorry you lost him Big D :(

soonerbub
1/25/2011, 08:17 PM

Jeff Capel :)

he shoots he scores and that's the game! ;)

BOOMER

BusterRhymes86
1/25/2011, 08:37 PM
Why does my tv guide say the game is on right now yet they are showing a ****** bag that just tore his ACL playing poker???

Blue
1/25/2011, 08:49 PM
Half court alley Oop. Nice.

oumartin
1/25/2011, 10:30 PM
WTF happened to Eric Gordon? Out three weeks. that's gonna hurt

hellogoodbye
1/25/2011, 10:49 PM
Why does my tv guide say the game is on right now yet they are showing a ****** bag that just tore his ACL playing poker???

THIS a million times this... why???

Bourbon St Sooner
1/26/2011, 09:32 AM

Chris Paul dishing to Blake for the jam, repeat 10 times a game. Yeah that would be good.

ouleaf
1/26/2011, 10:05 AM
One of the sports talk show hosts here in Dallas said that he would trade the entire Mavericks roster for Blake straight up. He was obviously speaking tongue in cheek, but his point was still pretty good. He said that he would rather lose every game this year but be able to build a team around that kind of talent.

Rhyner is so enamored with Blake Griffin right now. I guess he met him at a luncheon yesterday or whatever and got his picture taken with Blake. Corby and Danny were making fun of it yesterday on the Hardline. Love it.

ouleaf
1/26/2011, 10:13 AM
Definitely glad the Mavs were able to come back in the 2nd half and get the win. It was definitely a confidence booster. Mavs got a ton of help from their bench in Barea, Terry, and Marion. Hell Haywood even showed a little effort for the first time in a while. Absolutely moster game for Chandler though including a couple big time alley-oop slams.

The refs definitely were not shy with the whistle last night as both teams got called for a lot of fouls and violations. Blake had a solid first half but had trouble getting going in the second half when the Mavs played more zone defense. Definitely another good effort, but the Clippers were just outplayed in the 2nd half and the Mavs started hitting all their shots.

Once the Clippers figure out how to win on the road consistently, that is when they'll be real contenders.

...sooner
1/26/2011, 10:32 AM
Chris Paul dishing to Blake for the jam, repeat 10 times a game. Yeah that would be good.

how bout westbrook! :D

also i read in the paper that haywood i think threw blake down & he hurt his elbow? anyone who watched see that?

ouleaf
1/26/2011, 10:55 AM
how bout westbrook! :D

also i read in the paper that haywood i think threw blake down & he hurt his elbow? anyone who watched see that?

Haywood drew a flagrant 1 for it, but I don't think it warranted it. Blake drove around Haywood along the baseline and fouled blake by grabbing onto his wrist to basically stop him from getting an easy bucket. At the time Haywood grabbed Blake's wrist, Blake had just started to go up for the shot and since he was under the basket, he was trying to spin his body around to face the front of the rim. His spinning and Haywood having the wrist cause Blake to loose control in the air and land awkwardly on the court.

Blake did hit the court pretty hard and I guess landed on his left elbow. They showed him on the bench putting on one of those nylon sleeves or something afterwords. Don't think it's anything more than just a sore elbow probably.

It wasn't by any means Haywood maliciously attacking or going after Blake or anything.

OUmillenium
1/26/2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah, 722 FSW was showing stupid poker all night even though the info thread said LAC v. Mavericks?

Does anybody actually watch poker?

SHould poker have its own station and not preempt actual sporting events?

badger
1/26/2011, 11:07 AM
Millenium, I was killing zombies last night (but did get to see Blake's elbow injury and dunkiness on Sportscenter afterwards), but there is another FS channel on the Cox expanded sports package that might have showed the game... It is near the CBSSports channel and Versus channel and Fox Soccer channel... I think it is about 716 or 717. That is the channel they usuall show Mavs games on, whereas 722 is usually the Thunder channel.

The only other option I can think of is to check the low-def channels. Sometimes, networks like ESPN will show another game on the low def channels compared to the high def channels for some reason.

cjames317
1/26/2011, 12:26 PM
OU's College of Arts & Sciences provided a ticket/pregame reception package last night. It was thrown together at the last minute, but it worked out and they plan to do it again. Lots of people flying OU colors last night and I got to see Blake man up against a big man (Chandler). Although Blake did not provide a dunktacular, his 21-year-old skills and improvements since college impressed the local media. This morning, one of the Star-Telegram's writers wrote that the Mavs need to whatever it takes to free enough salary cap room to sign Blake in 2013.

badger
1/26/2011, 01:05 PM
Oh man... if Blake can stay healthy, he is not only gonna get more endorsements than whatever he has now (I saw him in some Subway ads and I think Nike has him wearing their shoes... that's about it) but there is gonna be some competitive bidding out there for him! Dude puts butts in seats. Would love it if he landed in a Texas (or OKC, heck even Memphis) team so that he would be a drive away.