PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler with an MCL tear in the Bears.

agoo758
1/24/2011, 01:31 PM
I bet those idiot bear fans in the forums really feel like jackasses now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de2cb8/article/report-bears-qb-cutler-suffered-mcl-tear-in-packers-loss?module=HP_headlines2col

SoCaliSooner
1/24/2011, 01:32 PM
True gritty players have played through worse injuries. It was more about him checking out on the sideline....and not even trying to help the other guys on the field.

badger
1/24/2011, 01:32 PM
They were definitely Boo-Bears yesterday. I was really, really surprised at how unsupportive they were of their beloved bears. I mean, it was only 14-0. Booooooooo, we're down by two touchdowns and half the game is left! Boooooooo! :confused:

starrca23
1/24/2011, 01:33 PM
He could've played or at least cheered or acted interested.

agoo758
1/24/2011, 01:36 PM
Bears fans are almost as bad as texas fans. All they talk about is what they did in the 40's, and one superbowl win they had in the next sixty years. They feel that they are in entitled to the whole world, and have gotten way too personal in their attacks on Lovie Smith, and Jay Cutler, despite the fact that that is the best Head Coach and Quarterback that they have had in about 25 years, frankly, if I were Cutler, I would have faked an injury, just so my team could lose and the fans can be sent home crying and bitching some more.

Go pack!!

2121Sooner
1/24/2011, 01:37 PM
Philip Rivers > Jay Cutler

badger
1/24/2011, 01:38 PM
I think part of the fan sting was from the fact that it was their division/historic/etc/etc rivals that was whipping them, and also that they were getting absolutely no offense going at all, something Cutler might have helped with.

As mentioned above, they still have their NFC North title. This season didn't suck for them.

agoo758
1/24/2011, 01:39 PM
They were definitely Boo-Bears yesterday. I was really, really surprised at how unsupportive they were of their beloved bears. I mean, it was only 14-0. Booooooooo, we're down by two touchdowns and half the game is left! Boooooooo! :confusued:

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bear's fans and that stupid-*** looking renovated stadium of thier's could lose their next 500 games for all I care.

agoo758
1/24/2011, 01:40 PM
I think part of the fan sting was from the fact that it was their division/historic/etc/etc rivals that was whipping them, and also that they were getting absolutely no offense going at all, something Cutler might have helped with.

As mentioned above, they still have their NFC North title. This season didn't suck for them.

The offense wasn't a cutler problem, the Pack this year could be the best defense since the 2000 Ravens. Book it. :eek:

sooner518
1/24/2011, 02:04 PM
he probably could have played, but he would have been ineffective. He looked terrible toward the end of the first half and the first series of the 2nd half. Just because you can play doesnt mean its the best thing for your team.

People criticizing Cutler (and I absolutely HATE the guy) are the ones who hung all over Favre's balls because he played through the pain even though it was painfully obvious that he was not even close to 100% alot of the time. The selfish thing to do is keep playing when you're hurt. The selfless thing to do is know when you're hurting your team by staying on the field despite an injury.

Cutler taking himself out yesterday gave the BEars the best chance to win the game.

badger
1/24/2011, 02:08 PM
The offense wasn't a cutler problem, the Pack this year could be the best defense since the 2000 Ravens. Book it. :eek:

If we have to hold them a yard back to secure the victory then I might faint... considering that yesterday I was in my retro Packer Route 66 jersey under a Packer zip-up hoodie, packer pajamie packs, packer slipped, all while clinging to a Packer pillow huddled underneath a packer blanket those last five minutes.

Yes, I'm crazy about Packers. You all probably are about the Sooners, so you know how it is. :)

GrapevineSooner
1/24/2011, 02:14 PM
Bears fans are almost as bad as texas fans. All they talk about is what they did in the 40's, and one superbowl win they had in the next sixty years....

You know, I could say the same thing about all those Packer fans that crow about the 60's and that one Super Bowl win they've had since then. ;)

And don't be confused about my avatar. The only Chicago team I like is the Blackhawks.

Jello Biafra
1/24/2011, 02:16 PM
^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bear's fans and that stupid-*** looking renovated stadium of thier's could lose their next 500 games for all I care.

agoo....FU in the AZZZ homeboy

Seamus
1/24/2011, 02:18 PM
You know, I could say the same thing about all those Packer fans that crow about the 60's and that one Super Bowl win they've had since then. ;)

Oh, SNAP!

usaosooner
1/24/2011, 02:20 PM
It was either a Grade 1 or Grade 2 tear. if it was a grade 3 his ACL would be gone as well

STILL a Wussy. Pop a pain pill and go.

Jacie
1/24/2011, 02:36 PM

Oh really? So that third-string QB, Hanie, you remember him, don't you? The one who led the Bears on two touchdown drives against the "best defense since the 2000 Ravens" is that good?

badger
1/24/2011, 02:36 PM
At least Urlacher didn't get a misty eyed and stammer "Dat's my quarterback." :rolleyes:

sperry
1/24/2011, 03:04 PM
The culture of playing through injuries is absolutely ridiculous. Its' why these guys end up with serious health issues down the line. They had Mark Schlereth bragging about having 20 knee surgeries. That's not something to brag about bro. Have fun when you're 60 and can't walk anymore.

TMcGee86
1/24/2011, 03:12 PM
One, it doesn't say "tear" it says sprain which could mean tear or could mean a pull.

Two, it was a mortal lock that the MRI was going to come back with something. The fact they only list it as a sprain leads me to believe it wasn't as serious as they wanted it to be.

Three, even given those to factors I'm still not questioning his toughness.

GrapevineSooner
1/24/2011, 03:12 PM
The culture of playing through injuries is absolutely ridiculous. Its' why these guys end up with serious health issues down the line. They had Mark Schlereth bragging about having 20 knee surgeries. That's not something to brag about bro. Have fun when you're 60 and can't walk anymore.

Actually, he mentioned that during a rant on ESPN about how the NFL needs to do more for former players.

He wasn't bragging about anything.

Eielson
1/24/2011, 03:18 PM
It's been mentioned, but I just wanted to repeat that a torn MCL is generally something that can be played through. Sure, it's probably not great for long-term health, but that's what they're being paid millions of dollars to do. Giving up long-term health is the tax that football players must pay.

badger
1/24/2011, 03:19 PM
The culture of playing through injuries is absolutely ridiculous.

It's one thing to be tough, but I think this culture is about players trying to take care of their teammates on the field, while taking care of family and friends off the field.

Not playing through injuries not only means you're leaving your teammates out there to do all the work, but also likely means that your "injury-prone" label will get you cut from next year's roster, forced into a pay cut, traded, etc.

I don't think it's sheer toughness trying to get players out there regardless of injuries. I think it's the fact that the college level churns out hundreds more pro-ready prospects every year and the NFL is one d@mn competitive business.

badger
1/24/2011, 03:32 PM
Giving up long-term health is the tax that football players must pay.

Not to make light of the injury bug, but there are a LOT of taxes Neffel players have.

Regular tax: Half your big salary goes to Uncle Sam. Deal with it.

Rookie tax: Most of the salary cap will go the early-20 somethings that have proven nothing, leaving less money for vets like you for owners to spend no. You, too, were once a rookie. Deal with it.

Digger tax: Gold diggers whom you've never met will meet and greet you with their hands out. How much you hand out is up to you, but there's nothing you can do to stop them from nagging you. Deal with it.

Weather tax: There's a very good chance you're going to be spending a lot of work hours in undesireable weather, both practice and games, even if you play for a sunny weather/dome stadium team. There's road games too, remember? Deal with it.

Media tax: Nothing more taxing than having no privacy, huh? Welcome to the twitter/blog/cell phone camera age. Deal with it.

Baby tax: So the cameras caught you slipping over your eight kids' ages and names on Hard Knocks. Your baby mamas don't care, so long as the child support checks keep coming to the tune of about $50k per child per year. Deal with it.

Time tax: There's no offseason during the season, so don't plan to leave town, even during bye week. In the offseason, be there for mini-camp, training camp and preseason, because your roster spot can easily go to a cheaper guy... or would you prefer another season on the practice squad? Also, don't be a heartless prick and make public appearances for as many local charities as you can, or else be labeled a heartless prick. Deal with it.

Holiday tax: Not only do we make you work on Sundays, but there's a little something called "Thanksgiving" that a half dozen teams will be subjected to as well. Deal with it!

stoopified
1/24/2011, 03:34 PM
Just heard on KREF that their Bears are now saying it is a sprain.

badger
1/24/2011, 03:37 PM
Monday fun: Google image search "Jay Cutler" :)

sooner518
1/24/2011, 03:41 PM
It's been mentioned, but I just wanted to repeat that a torn MCL is generally something that can be played through. Sure, it's probably not great for long-term health, but that's what they're being paid millions of dollars to do. Giving up long-term health is the tax that football players must pay.

Jay Cutler w/ MCL sprain Vs. Fully healthy Caleb Hanie?

Who gave the Bears a better chance to win?

It seemed pretty obvious that Jay was hurt and was playing poorly because of it. To keep playing in that situation hurts your team....

sooner518
1/24/2011, 03:45 PM
Monday fun: Google image search "Jay Cutler" :)

what am i supposed to be seeing? this?
http://amazingdata.com/mediadata31/Image/hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool4_jay-cutler-freak-0_200907302220099754.jpg

tfoolry
1/24/2011, 04:21 PM
Torn MCL - Menstrual Cycle Ligament

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/NFL/Cutler_Unfashionable.jpg

bent rider
1/24/2011, 04:26 PM
LSUfreak FTW again.

Sprain not tear, but then again his lack of mobility while hurt was a problem with the Packers' DL in his face. Trouble for the Bearz was his replacement was not any more mobile, that is until they went to their #3 QB. They even botched that, going to the #3 before the 4th Q meant if Hanie went down, they could not bring back Cutler or Collins. Maroons!!

LePetomaine
1/24/2011, 04:46 PM
Not a big Cutler fan at all (just ask some of his college mates why he won't even return phone calls). But, knees can be odd monkeys. At one point on the sideline, you can see the the doctors pulling his knee forward -- a test for an ACL injury. Then, give his ankle a slight twist each way -- test for medial collateral and lateral collateral injuries. Injured my ACL playing soccer; my surgeon did not even need an MRI. Just did the pull test and told me I was screwed. Next question he asked, "did you try to keep playing?" "Yes". He just smiled, walked away and told me to schedule the surgery. End result -- the ACL was 75%+ torn. All I'm saying is, you just don't know. Can one play with an MCL sprain? Probably, but I know I looked like a new born deer when I tried to get back on the field and the knee buckled again.

Strange injury.

SoonerMom2
1/24/2011, 05:25 PM
I think it was his attitude on the sidelines that made the fans mad. He was no help to the other quarterbacks and just sat there feeling sorry for himself it looked like. Did you see Sam pouting after his injury or was he on the sideline encouraging the other quarterbacks the entire year. Class versus zero class which I think Cutler has.

tooslow
1/24/2011, 05:28 PM
Not a big Cutler fan at all (just ask some of his college mates why he won't even return phone calls). But, knees can be odd monkeys. At one point on the sideline, you can see the the doctors pulling his knee forward -- a test for an ACL injury. Then, give his ankle a slight twist each way -- test for medial collateral and lateral collateral injuries. Injured my ACL playing soccer; my surgeon did not even need an MRI. Just did the pull test and told me I was screwed. Next question he asked, "did you try to keep playing?" "Yes". He just smiled, walked away and told me to schedule the surgery. End result -- the ACL was 75%+ torn. All I'm saying is, you just don't know. Can one play with an MCL sprain? Probably, but I know I looked like a new born deer when I tried to get back on the field and the knee buckled again.

Strange injury.

Well said.

"I played with one eye hanging out of the socket back in the day!!! I was tough!!"

Some people are pathetic. The only person who knows how much of a hinderance his knee injury was at the time was Cutler. He had to throw off of his back foot, which obviously wasn't getting the job done. He's been sacked and hit more often than any QB this year. How many games has he missed? One?

I think one reason people like to pile on him is that he seems to have the emotion of a brick wall. :D

Sam Bradford got knocked out because of a sprained shoulder 2 seasons ago. Listening to the "experts," he could've hit the trainers up for some cortisone injections and continued to play.:rolleyes:

Some, not all, of these Packer fans sound like a bunch of whorns. Talking a boat load of trash after beating a team by 7 with their third stringer at QB? :mack:

Bottom line is that the Bears got beat by the better team that night. Congrats to them and their fans.

SoonerNate
1/24/2011, 05:28 PM

That D didn't look to stiff against that 3rd string QB. You really think that kid expected to take any snaps? He's buried so far on that depth chart he probably thinks it's an honor to be invited to practice with the team.

oumartin
1/24/2011, 05:37 PM
He could've played or at least cheered or acted interested.

In fairness he was one of the first to greet the third string qb after their last touchdown. he seemed pretty happy for him.

badger
1/24/2011, 05:49 PM
Say 'nyuck nyuck nyuck' after this all you want, but isn't it amazing that after two quarters of non-protection, that da Bears finally came to Cutler's defense after the game was over?

And yeah, Cutler was smiling and chatting up the QB's during the game/after scoring drives/etc.

Some, not all, of these Packer fans sound like a bunch of whorns. Talking a boat load of trash after beating a team by 7 with their third stringer at QB?

They're our rival, which means I need to immediately follow up your Pack critique with a Bears critique: The way the Internet Bears are sounding, throwing two picks makes your third-string QB a savior/legend/hero. um, wtf...

Beating da bears even if their entire team was injured (has it already been mentioned that the Packers' star tight end missed most of the season and we have many other key injuries in our lineup?) is wonderful. Beating them at their home turf to win the NFC Championship and go to the Super Bowl? Tell me with a straight face that beating Nebbish in their final Big 12 football game to win the conference and go to the BCS wasn't a little bit more special than it would have been against, say, Mizzou or Colorado.

oubose
1/24/2011, 05:55 PM
Cutler sucks, I hated him as a Bronco don't care for the bear, over rated in my eyes

badger
1/24/2011, 06:08 PM
What I remember from the Guitar Hero episode more than anything else:

G3kHiMg2TvM

tanjou
1/24/2011, 06:27 PM
A sprain is a tear.

tanjou
1/24/2011, 06:30 PM
Honestly, what kind of goddamn fantasy world do you live in to believe that a person that has played football extremely competitively his entire life, as a quarterback, clocking tens of thousands of hours of practice and numerous injuries, would just say "oh hell, my knee aches a little bit and I already have a nice car" in the biggest game of his career, one which would lead to a Super Bowl appearance?

It is literally his dream to play in a Super Bowl. Just because he has some body language that isn't the same as your overweight office-chair loving *** would show in the same situation doesn't mean he's a quitter. Get over yourselves, he didn't play because he was ****ing hurt.

SGA
1/24/2011, 06:30 PM
he probably could have played, but he would have been ineffective. He looked terrible toward the end of the first half and the first series of the 2nd half. Just because you can play doesnt mean its the best thing for your team.

People criticizing Cutler (and I absolutely HATE the guy) are the ones who hung all over Favre's balls because he played through the pain even though it was painfully obvious that he was not even close to 100% alot of the time. The selfish thing to do is keep playing when you're hurt. The selfless thing to do is know when you're hurting your team by staying on the field despite an injury.

Cutler taking himself out yesterday gave the BEars the best chance to win the game.

puss

cccasooner2
1/24/2011, 06:48 PM
Not to make light of the injury bug, but there are a LOT of taxes Neffel players have.

Regular tax: Half your big salary goes to Uncle Sam. Deal with it.

Rookie tax: Most of the salary cap will go the early-20 somethings that have proven nothing, leaving less money for vets like you for owners to spend no. You, too, were once a rookie. Deal with it.

Digger tax: Gold diggers whom you've never met will meet and greet you with their hands out. How much you hand out is up to you, but there's nothing you can do to stop them from nagging you. Deal with it.

Weather tax: There's a very good chance you're going to be spending a lot of work hours in undesireable weather, both practice and games, even if you play for a sunny weather/dome stadium team. There's road games too, remember? Deal with it.

Media tax: Nothing more taxing than having no privacy, huh? Welcome to the twitter/blog/cell phone camera age. Deal with it.

Baby tax: So the cameras caught you slipping over your eight kids' ages and names on Hard Knocks. Your baby mamas don't care, so long as the child support checks keep coming to the tune of about $50k per child per year. Deal with it.

Time tax: There's no offseason during the season, so don't plan to leave town, even during bye week. In the offseason, be there for mini-camp, training camp and preseason, because your roster spot can easily go to a cheaper guy... or would you prefer another season on the practice squad? Also, don't be a heartless prick and make public appearances for as many local charities as you can, or else be labeled a heartless prick. Deal with it.

Holiday tax: Not only do we make you work on Sundays, but there's a little something called "Thanksgiving" that a half dozen teams will be subjected to as well. Deal with it!

I think you could add a Scam Tax to the list. They never seem to do a deal with it but rather get a publicist to do a boo hoo.

badger
1/24/2011, 07:02 PM
Just because he has some body language that isn't the same as your overweight office-chair loving *** would show in the same situation doesn't mean he's a quitter. Get over yourselves, he didn't play because he was ****ing hurt.

I'm not among the Cutler critics (at least in the context of this thread - he's not a packer so he sucks in my mind for that sole reason, but of course), but I don't think the criticism of Cutler's attitude is limited to this one game, it just happens to be the most recent game when a lot was on the line.

http://brentfavre.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/cutler1.jpg
Jay Culter's facial expressions never seem to deviate from the image above, perhaps just because the cameras love to show up sulking. So, perhaps he's a hardcore dedicated play-through-any-injury type that just gets shown on national TV pouting a lot.

bluedogok
1/24/2011, 10:32 PM
Philip Rivers > Jay Cutler
As much as I dislike the punk that Rivers can be, in addition to being a Charger, this is very true.

They aren't that good but they are the main reason why they have been a strong team all year.

Cutler sucks, I hated him as a Bronco don't care for the bear, over rated in my eyes
He is not as good as he thinks he is. It didn't bother me too much when McD ran him out of town, Cutler's behavior before and during the trade was pathetic and i think that has flavor most peoples perceptions of him.

oudavid1
1/24/2011, 10:42 PM
If Jay couldnt go, he couldnt go. If you are telling me he got to were he is by being a weenie and not a competitor, im telling you that you are flat wrong.

I think i know why he was so bummed, he was sitting there realizing his season is over. He wanted to go to a Super Bowl. He was sad. Its hard to overcome that. Especially when no one likes you anyway.

TUSooner
1/25/2011, 11:19 AM
I love it when has-been sh*t-for-brains like Mark Schlereth brag about how tough they were back in the day. I guess if they don't talk, they don't get paid by the World Wide Leader in spin and overkill. And Deion Sanders talking about "tough"? I scoff. Prime Time never went near the ball unless he though he could catch it. (i.e., no tackling please, I'm a stud).

NormanPride
1/25/2011, 11:35 AM
Cutler's a doofus and a pansy, but not because of this.

And anyone saying "lol good job fack at beating them with third stringer lol" is stupid. We have more players on IR than anyone else, and our second team QB almost beat the patriots a few weeks back. Backups are not chumps in the NFL unless your name is Brady Quinn.

badger
1/25/2011, 11:44 AM
Also, it's not like the entire loss can be pinned on Cutler. I mean, did you see how fast our offense got outta the gate and scored on their allegedly awesome defense? We were TEASING their all-pro linebackers with our newfound running threat, but then, lol, let's pass outta this play action while you all stack the box and bite on the run fake, hehe.

Yes, their defense stopped us short on a few good drives, including a pick at the 6 effing yard line, but if they're anywhere close to their hype machine says and are truly the driving force of da bears entire team, they should have stopped our offense more than they did.

Maybe that's why Urlacher rushed to Cutler's defense - because he knew that they got pwn3d on Sunday too.

tcrb
1/25/2011, 12:38 PM
Cutler gave up and quit in that game long before any injury was incurred.
I noticed his attitude go south early on in the second quarter when he was coming off the field after about his third or fourth consecutive three and out he had a look on his face that screamed "We cant beat these guys, I'm ready for this to be over and go inside where it's warm."

Jello Biafra
1/25/2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe that's why Urlacher rushed to Cutler's defense - because he knew that they got pwn3d on Sunday too.

he said it several times. they didnt play well on defense. big deal they are fugging pros. a pro offense even of the bills caliber could beat any other defense in the league 4 out of 10 times. so they didnt stop the AWESOME packer offense :rolleyes: i dont think it was so much the defense not stopping you as it was your defense stopping our offense. take away starting one of your drives on the 42 going in, you guys crossed the goal line once on offense.

badger
1/25/2011, 01:01 PM
bitter bears fan swallowing the fail pill without water ugggh, tastes bitter!

It's cool man. I've been there before (Favre's INT against G-men at home to lose the NFC title wasn't that long ago) and it hurts. Let me enjoy this one while it lasts though - no telling what the NFL will be up to this time next year :(

agoo758
1/25/2011, 01:07 PM
It's cool man. I've been there before (Favre's INT against G-men at home to lose the NFC title wasn't that long ago) and it hurts. Let me enjoy this one while it lasts though - no telling what the NFL will be up to this time next year :(

:mad: ........................but at least we have a quarterback who wants his team to win, rather than a quarterback who is more interested in bringing Glory to himself so that he doesn't mind throwing into double coverage or ignoring an oncoming safety. Brett's Favre's selfishness resulted in the Pack winning one superbowl with a team that was good enough to win one or two more.:mad:

badger
1/25/2011, 01:11 PM
We were definitely good enough to win XXXII (32, for the non-Roman readers), but yeah, a late pick cost us the game. Awww, the Denver Broncos :(:(:(

I have no doubt that Favre wanted to win all of those times that he through into triple coverage... but I also have no doubt that people trying to cross train tracks when the lights are blinking and the gates are down don't want to die. Stupid decisions... which are easy to shake our fingers at when we're not in them ourselves, yeah, but still. :(

agoo758
1/25/2011, 02:09 PM
We were definitely good enough to win XXXII (32, for the non-Roman readers), but yeah, a late pick cost us the game. Awww, the Denver Broncos :(:(:(

I have no doubt that Favre wanted to win all of those times that he through into triple coverage... but I also have no doubt that people trying to cross train tracks when the lights are blinking and the gates are down don't want to die. Stupid decisions... which are easy to shake our fingers at when we're not in them ourselves, yeah, but still. :(

As many records Favre holds, he cost us a lot of games we should have won. I predict that in ten years, Rogers has two superbowls (starting with this one!!) and Packer nation forgets about that selfish cretin who was so great that he is number one all time in interceptions.

badger
1/25/2011, 02:24 PM
Only two? I want more like eight :D

Okie35
1/25/2011, 04:09 PM
Jay Cutler and girlfriend Kristin Cavallari dined at Mastro's Steakhouse on Sunday following the Bears' loss to the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship. Cutler, who left Sunday's game in the third quarter due to a knee injury, was not on crutches at Mastro's, but "he limped a tiny bit," according to a source. The couple was joined by 11 other people in Mastro's private upstairs dining room.

It was the second time in as many weeks Cutler and Cavallari dined at the River North. They had dinner at Mastro's after the Bears' playoff win over the Seattle Seahawks on January 16.

The Bears' Greg Olsen had dinner at Hub 51 on Sunday, as did teammate J'Marcus Webb, who was spotted at Bull & Bear with the New England Patriots' Bret Lockett later that night. Danieal Manning opted for Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar.

:D :D :D

badger
1/25/2011, 04:22 PM
Cutler was able to stand and walk the sidelines, so that doesn't surprise me. It's not like he was in full pads ready to play the second half of football that he missed while out to dinner :P

Soonerfan88
1/25/2011, 05:01 PM
A Grade II sprain means a tear. I have never had a torn MCL but have torn up both ankles and understand limited mobility. Just because you can walk without aid doesn't mean you can scramble or plant and throw a football.

badger
1/25/2011, 05:13 PM
Mommy (who disallowed that term of endearment, btw) would always say that if I was too sick for school, then I was too sick for TV, other stuff.

So, my guess is mother (who also hated that term - it was mom or nuthin') took these lessons from the same people that think if Cutler was too hurt for his job, that he was also too hurt to go have dinner with his special someone.

Of course, if I ever tried to turn the tables and suggest that if I was too sick for TV, I was also too sick for homework, church, chores, etc., that would of course never EVER work. So dammit Cutler, you might be too hurt to go out to dinner, but dagnabbit, you're not too hurt to smile a little and support your team on the sidelines! RABBLE RABBLE RABLLE! :mad:

;)

agoo758
1/25/2011, 05:13 PM
Cutler gave up and quit in that game long before any injury was incurred.

Cutler leaving the game was, in all likelihood , the Bears call. If you are going to blame anyone, it should be them.

I noticed his attitude go south early on in the second quarter when he was coming off the field after about his third or fourth consecutive three and out he had a look on his face that screamed "We cant beat these guys, I'm ready for this to be over and go inside where it's warm."

Pure speculation, and not enough basis to condone the whole town of Chicago ripping him apart. His play over the season was a big part of Chicago's success and to say that he didn't care is absolutely absurd. I applaud Lovie Smith for not throwing him under the bus, and he probably knows more about the situation then all of the idiots in Chicago that speak before they think.

AZSOONER
1/25/2011, 05:14 PM
True gritty players have played through worse injuries. It was more about him checking out on the sideline....and not even trying to help the other guys on the field.

yep

badger
1/25/2011, 05:15 PM
My two cents: The coaches are likely the ones that told him he was staying outta the game. As such, he was likely pouting all game over the coaches decision.

I really don't think Cutler was faking it or anything. He'll have multiple chances to get vengeance on GB next season... maybe (can't forget looming lockout)

agoo758
1/25/2011, 05:16 PM
Only two? I want more like eight :D

I'm not that bold, but I wouldn't mind Mcarthey going all Phil Jackson-esque. :D

Okie35
1/25/2011, 05:23 PM
My two cents: The coaches are likely the ones that told him he was staying outta the game. As such, he was likely pouting all game over the coaches decision.

I really don't think Cutler was faking it or anything. He'll have multiple chances to get vengeance on GB next season... maybe (can't forget looming lockout)

He didn't look like it. Him smiling didn't help his case either.

agoo758
1/25/2011, 05:26 PM
He didn't look like it. Him smiling didn't help his case either.

Seriously, no matter what he does, he can't win.

He frowns: He doesn't care

He smiles: he doesn't care

He took a nasty **** at halftime: Why is he doing that when he should be looking at game film?

I hope Cutler throws 50 interceptions next year just to spite bears fans.

Mixer!
1/25/2011, 11:56 PM
I would like to know if the game's producer who kept calling for all those shots of "Sulking Jay" is the same one who caught Derek Anderson laughing on the sideline. :pop:

texaspokieokie
1/26/2011, 09:18 AM
how many have had a similar knee injury ??

Eielson
1/26/2011, 01:42 PM

I had a friend (unknowingly) play through it as an offensive lineman.

C&CDean
1/26/2011, 02:50 PM

And don't be confused about my avatar. The only Chicago team I like is the Blackhawks.

Yeah except we've played in others and won our division in other years and have been going to the playoffs regularly (ok - on and off but still more often than the bears).

I have a couple bear fans at work who absolutely loathe Cutler. I always thought he was a giant puss at Denver and never could stand him. Oh well, it's destiny bitches. Green Bay, 2011 Super Bowl Champs!!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/26/2011, 02:53 PM

I have....Its more annoying than painful

badger
1/26/2011, 04:08 PM
I have a couple bear fans at work who absolutely loathe Cutler.

Deano, just mention Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton to see if they REALLY hate Cutler. And then, suggest to them that the problem isn't the Chicago quarterbacks, but rather the fans that just will never be satisfied until they find a way to clone Jim McMahon or have a reverse-aging process. And THEN, to really make them self destruct like an OP meltdown, remind them that Jim McMahon finished his career in Green Bay :D:D:D:D

http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.com/catalog/images/mcmahon-bosworth-1987-si-0806.jpg

NormanPride
1/26/2011, 04:35 PM
Boz looks like he's thinking "Why the hell are they putting this ********* on my shoulders?"

texaspokieokie
1/26/2011, 06:03 PM
I have....Its more annoying than painful

i had one, about 60 yrs ago, & i remember much more pain than annoyance.