PDA

View Full Version : Darling of the extreme right (Randy Brogdon) finds comfy nest in state gov't

Okla-homey
1/24/2011, 08:24 AM
Randy Brogdon, a heating and air technician and former state rep, ran for the GOP nomination for Okie governor. One of his mantras was cutting the size of gubmint. He lost.

Randy's new BFF, newly installed Insurance Commissioner John Doak, cut six of the nine insurance fraud investigators assigned to the commission, and used the savings to give his ol' buddy Randy, the air conditioner repairman, a $99K a year job as Deputy Director of the Insurance Commission in charge of insurance fraud investigations. Doak hired a total of three former state legislators into $99K a year gigs (Brogdon R-Owasso, Mike Thompson R-OKC, Owen Laughlin R-Woodward).

brother.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110124_11_0_NewOkl442400

Midtowner
1/24/2011, 08:49 AM
Also, Fallin appointed Glen Coffee to the Secretary of State position, despite it being illegal for a state legislator to work for the state for two years after his term ends.

Gotta love that single party rule.

OhU1
1/24/2011, 09:31 AM
Brogden hates Government right? He's a private sector guy actually working for his money. Surely this report is not true.

Mjcpr
1/24/2011, 10:05 AM
Brogden hates Government right? He's a private sector guy actually working for his money. Surely this report is not true.

Yeah, I'm shocked too. :rolleyes:

I knew there were any number of reasons that I didn't like that guy.

saucysoonergal
1/24/2011, 10:10 AM
SicEm loves Randy Brogden. Heh.

JohnnyMack
1/24/2011, 10:36 AM
Randy Brogdon can go jump in a lake. Of fire.

IndySooner
1/24/2011, 11:08 AM

Say it ain't so! I believed every word this guy said! I feel cheated!

Aldebaran
1/24/2011, 11:16 AM
An official recipient of party favor should pull in more than a shift worker. Elections do have consequences afterall.

saucysoonergal
1/24/2011, 11:30 AM
OK Gov. makes 140K a year plus a free house and car. 99k isn't chicken feed.

Boarder
1/24/2011, 11:47 AM
It will be hard to raise a state militia while investigating insurance fraud.

yermom
1/24/2011, 11:54 AM
maybe this is good news for real beer :D

Okla-homey
1/24/2011, 11:54 AM
OK Gov. makes 140K a year plus a free house and car. 99k isn't chicken feed.

Don't forget, the combined salaries of all three new Insurance Commission deputy dawgs is $297K. Exclusive of state benefits including health care.

Cutting the six fraud investigators saved $320K

So we got a bargain!111!!!. Yay us!

saucysoonergal
1/24/2011, 11:55 AM
Don't forget, the combined salaries of all three new Insurance Commission deputy dawgs is $297K. Exclusive of state benefits including health care.

I'm sure they took the pay of six, funneled it to three. I guess we will save on the insurance bennies though.

Midtowner
1/24/2011, 11:58 AM
I'm sure they took the pay of six, funneled it to three. I guess we will save on the insurance bennies though.

Considering the fact that fraud probably just got a lot easier, no, I'd say premiums will be increasing.

Boarder
1/24/2011, 12:05 PM

It said that Doak cut the staff from 124 to 108, which saved $500k. He then funneled the $297k to his buddies. So see, he saved us $200k! What a guy!

NormanPride
1/24/2011, 12:23 PM
Brogdon... more like BOGdumb, amirite?

soonerchk
1/24/2011, 02:08 PM
One of his campaign managers lives across the street from me.

I'm still stunned I made it through the election without a burning cross in my yard.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/24/2011, 02:43 PM
Brogdon loves himself and his favorite charity - himself - right?

This most probably.

badger
1/24/2011, 02:47 PM
A very diehard Brogdon for Governor supporter lived close to us in our neighborhood. He had Brogdon signs (plural) decorating his yard through the primary.

His house is now for sale.

waynepayne
1/24/2011, 02:54 PM
I'm still stunned I made it through the life without a burning cross in my yard.

I mean come on, that was just tooooooo easy.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/24/2011, 02:59 PM
Thread Title Change

DEMOCRAT ROLL-CALL

OhU1
1/24/2011, 03:08 PM
Thread Title Change

DEMOCRAT ROLL-CALL

RLIMC doesn't care about the actual actions of a politician, only whether the person has an R next to his name. R is his team and he is a die hard fan.

soonerchk
1/24/2011, 03:12 PM
Hey Rush! Do you teach your children that poor people choose to be poor like a Brogdon loving acquaintance of mine has taught hers?

The Profit
1/24/2011, 03:19 PM
The Brogdon thing didn't surprise me at all. These tea-baggers are the biggest hypocrites in the world. It reminds me of when the real Rush Limbaugh (i.e. the big fat idiot) blabs on his radio show that all drug abusers should be in prison. I am guessing that over the next couple of years, we will hear many examples of where tea-baggers have stuck their feet in their mouths.

1/24/2011, 03:29 PM
RLIMC doesn't care about the actual actions of a politician, only whether the person has an R next to his name. R is his team and he is a die hard fan.How Absurd. The saddest part could be that you might not even realize how absurd your post was, or that it's not surprising you said something like that. (are you ashamed to be counted in the democrat roll-call?)

1/24/2011, 03:32 PM
The Brogdon thing didn't surprise me at all. These tea-baggers are the biggest hypocrites in the world. It reminds me of when the real Rush Limbaugh (i.e. the big fat idiot) blabs on his radio show that all drug abusers should be in prison. I am guessing that over the next couple of years, we will hear many examples of where tea-baggers have stuck their feet in their mouths.As if you had any idea what he says on his shows. haha.

badger
1/24/2011, 03:35 PM
DEMOCRAT ROLL-CALL

I voted for Fallin before I voted against her. ;)

Pricetag
1/24/2011, 03:37 PM
Flip flopper!

The Profit
1/24/2011, 03:43 PM
As if you had any idea what he says on his shows. haha.

I have listened to that big fat idiot many times. Yes, that same fool, who cost himself the ability to hear by abusing Oxycontin. The same big fat idiot, who was using fake prescriptions to support his prescription drug habit. Yes, the same big fat idiot, who should be in a Florida prison for his crimes.

1/24/2011, 03:51 PM
I voted for Fallin before I voted against her. ;)Yeah, but you posted in this thread by mistake.

1/24/2011, 03:52 PM
I have listened to that big fat idiot many times. Yes, that same fool, who cost himself the ability to hear by abusing Oxycontin. The same big fat idiot, who was using fake prescriptions to support his prescription drug habit. Yes, the same big fat idiot, who should be in a Florida prison for his crimes.So, you belong here, right?

The Profit
1/24/2011, 04:04 PM
So, you belong here, right?

Of course, I do.

SicEmBaylor
1/24/2011, 04:13 PM
I do adore Brogdon, but I'm disappointed in both he and Doak.

I've always said you can never have faith in anyone because they will ALWAYS let you down 100% of the time at some point. Sadly, that point has come for Brogdon.

badger
1/24/2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, but you posted in this thread by mistake.

Nah, I really did have an avid Brogdon supporter that used Brogdon's name as lawn decor this past summer. Said lawn is now decor'd with a "for sale" sign.

Despite my "R" registration status, I also raise my eyebrow a tad at not just ex-elected officials, but also ex-candidates that get into government immediately after elections. This is by no means a "D" or an "R" issue, the thread title just has Brogdon's name attached to it. There was the most unqualified candidate for a government job in the world that was a "D" candidate a few years ago that got a cushy job in the government right after his primary loss which I thought was a bit LOL at the time. No idea if he's still in said cushy gov't job or not.

I also remember an "R" that was offered a cushy gov't job after being ousted from his office by voters. The job was so... weird... that I couldn't believe it was being offered to anyone.