PDA

View Full Version : Bush vs Obama

Blue
1/24/2011, 12:00 AM
Bush- Bailed out the banks and certain companies. Started few wars to expand the empire, Patriot act (limiting freedoms for the sake of security), no major spending cuts, cant think of anything he did to satisfy the partisan hacks...

Obama- Bailed out the banks and certain companies, continued the wars, all kinds of laws limiting freedoms for the sake of security, no major spending cuts, don't ask don't tell and healthcare reform to satisfy the partisan hacks...

Basically my point is that both Republicans and democrats in DC are exactly alike. They will steer the country wherever they like regardless of what you think. They'll throw you a bone every once in awhile while you are arguing social issues that will never get resolved and you'll be happy.

The media is completely complicit in this. They argue back and forth 24/7 making you think you have a voice. Truth is the laws that get passed are going to get passed whether your party has a majority or not.

Im just ranting here but basically in my opinion the right/left paradigm and its complicit media has become the "bread and circuses" of a failing empire. It's like people are rooting for a football game or something.

Can somebody tell me the difference between the two parties and their presidents? Feel free to add to the list.

Cornfed
1/24/2011, 12:01 AM
One side likes mounds the other like almond joy.

hawaii 5-0
1/24/2011, 12:19 AM
Bush's getting us into an unjustified war in Iraq where our troops are still dying is miles ahead of anything negative Obamma has done.

Sure he was just acting on the orders of the war criminals Cheney and Rummy, but it doesn't obsolve him of lying to the American public.

I'm not too happy with Bush's turning a national surplus into a national deficit but that stuff can happen to anyone.

Bush's handling of Katrina and Obama's handling of the Gulf Oil spill is a wash.

Getting health care for millions of uncovered Americans and those with pre-existing conditions is major. Too bad Oksanna couldn't get tort reform.

I really wish someone/anyone would present him/her self that we all liked.

5-0

Cornfed
1/24/2011, 12:28 AM
Too bad Oksanna couldn't get tort reform.

He didn't try.

XingTheRubicon
1/24/2011, 12:40 AM
Clinton makes both of them seem like rodeo clowns.

Blue
1/24/2011, 12:41 AM
Getting health care for millions of uncovered Americans and those with pre-existing conditions is major. Too bad Oksanna couldn't get tort reform.

5-0

Making it mandatory for me to buy something I don't want and can't afford. Not huge. Push. ;)

Blue
1/24/2011, 12:42 AM

5-0

Agree. CNN and Fox will never let it happen, though.

bigfatjerk
1/24/2011, 12:44 AM
Bush's getting us into an unjustified war in Iraq where our troops are still dying is miles ahead of anything negative Obamma has done.

What's the difference between Bush's war in Iraq in 2003 and Afghanistan now? There's no good reason to stay in Afghan as long as we have. It's just as senseless to me. We probably have more troops around the world than we had under Bush. Or at least just as much. And how do you think the Iran and Korea thing is really going to end?

yermom
1/24/2011, 12:47 AM
Making it mandatory for me to buy something I don't want and can't afford. Not huge. Push. ;)

they certainly call it a win though. i guess the preexisting condition thing is pretty nice.

Cornfed
1/24/2011, 12:50 AM
And how do you think the Iran and Korea thing is really going to end?

nothing a good bow and handshake can't take care of.

texaspokieokie
1/24/2011, 10:24 AM
they certainly call it a win though. i guess the preexisting condition thing is pretty nice.

to me, seems like buying car insurance after you have a wreck.
don't understand.

delhalew
1/24/2011, 05:24 PM

Sure he was just acting on the orders of the war criminals Cheney and Rummy, but it doesn't obsolve him of lying to the American public.

I'm not too happy with Bush's turning a national surplus into a national deficit but that stuff can happen to anyone.

Bush's handling of Katrina and Obama's handling of the Gulf Oil spill is a wash.

5-0

You are a little stupid. Congress has the final word on fighting and funding wars.
I'm shutting in your mom's fish tank.

delhalew
1/24/2011, 05:31 PM

5-0

You are a little stupid. Congress has the final word on fighting and funding wars.
I'm ****ting in your mom's fish tank.

Ton Loc
1/24/2011, 05:36 PM

5-0

Huh? I disagree unless...

Was the word wash a pun? If so, all is forgiven, because that's funny. Funny always wins.

Half a Hundred
1/24/2011, 05:39 PM
I'm ****ting in your mom's fish tank.

Bush said "I'm sending the troops to Iraq. You can explain to your constituents why their sons and daughters don't have any equipment." In the post-9/11 hysteria, this worked.

oumartin
1/24/2011, 05:44 PM
Bush is a caucasian, straight god fearing man.

Obama? Not really sure about any of what I said about Bush could be used to describe Obama.

Advantage-Bush

delhalew
1/24/2011, 05:45 PM
Bush said "I'm sending the troops to Iraq. You can explain to your constituents why their sons and daughters don't have any equipment." In the post-9/11 hysteria, this worked.

Go look at congressional voting records from the Iraq war. The support was heavy.

soonerbrat
1/24/2011, 05:51 PM
One side likes mounds the other like almond joy.

almond joy's got nuts. Mounds don't.

Half a Hundred
1/24/2011, 05:53 PM
Go look at congressional voting records from the Iraq war. The support was heavy.

Yes. The aforementioned "post-9/11 hysteria."

cccasooner2
1/24/2011, 05:53 PM
nothing a good bow and handshake can't take care of.

Don't forget a fine wine.

2121Sooner
1/24/2011, 06:01 PM
Bush was born in America

point Bush.

delhalew
1/24/2011, 06:05 PM
Yes. The aforementioned "post-9/11 hysteria."

However you like it. My point is, if a person wants to discuss it, they should tell the truth.

soonercruiser
1/24/2011, 06:06 PM
Clinton makes both of them seem like rodeo clowns.

Sexually, or what??
He was the big clown - look at his nose!

Caboose
1/24/2011, 06:14 PM

Soooo.... Congress voted to go to war then, is what you are saying?

2121Sooner
1/24/2011, 06:17 PM
Soooo.... Congress voted to go to war then, is what you are saying?

Some of them voted for it right before they voted against it ........

SoonerNate
1/24/2011, 07:04 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/FAUALUM29/TheWrightReverend.jpg

soonercruiser
1/25/2011, 12:13 AM

I'm assuming this was "tongue in cheek", or a slam on Congress.

Speaking as a military guy, "we go to war with what we have"....just like WWII. As time goes along, adjustments and improvements are made - certainly WWII was the model, or worst case scenerio, since we were suprise attacked.

All the stuff we had at the time for Iraq was good enough for our existing active duty forces. We were forced to fight in a way that we have never had to before - requiring adjustments - up-armouring for IEDs. The problem with the current military war planning is, as we downsize and depend more on Reserve Forces (you liberals), we must be sure the Reserves and Guard have the latest equipment, and/or get it ASAP!
That requires Congress to act on $$ - as passing it along from stateside depletes the active duty forces.

And, of course, the LWers want the DOD to cut as much, or more than any other federal department. So they should SHUT TF Up on the issue!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/25/2011, 01:35 AM
almond joy's got nuts. Mounds don't.I nominate this thread for top 10 most effed-up South Oval mofo threads of 2011, and maybe the last 2 or 3 yrs...or, maybe evar.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/25/2011, 01:37 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/FAUALUM29/TheWrightReverend.jpgWhy yes. yes, that's what we need.

Half a Hundred
1/25/2011, 10:28 AM
I'm assuming this was "tongue in cheek", or a slam on Congress.

Yup. Our esteemed legislators voted to fund a war many of them personally disagreed with, because they were too afraid that they would not be reelected, simply by voting out of principle. Bush used 9/11 to throw his weight around, and he got what he wanted in return. It was Congress' unwillingness to stand up to him at this point that was the true failure of the Iraq war, while getting into the war was simply a bad idea.

3rdgensooner
1/25/2011, 10:36 AM
RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!