1/23/2011, 02:52 PM
You aint a citizen at all :rolleyes:

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13892225

MR2-Sooner86
1/23/2011, 03:20 PM
The bitch is back.

Wishboned
1/23/2011, 03:21 PM
That's the first thing I thought when I saw that.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 03:26 PM
That's the first thing I thought when I saw that.

Zacery, if hes Sick and tired of things here in the US then stay the **** in England:rolleyes:

3rdgensooner
1/23/2011, 03:37 PM
Citizens of our country have been known to criticize other countries. I don't think this is particularly earth shattering.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 03:40 PM
Citizens of our country have been known to criticize other countries. I don't think this is particularly earth shattering.

I dont give a **** who or what he criticizes. Point is Hes sayin he feels like a 2nd class citizen and he aint even a citizen , Try to keep up :P

3rdgensooner
1/23/2011, 03:42 PM
Oh, I understand your words. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are expatrates in America that don't feel like second class citizen.

VeeJay
1/23/2011, 03:42 PM
I read recently where he's vowed to be a good parent and stay at home with the young 'un. Said he can't compete in the music industry with the likes of Lady GaGa.

Eh...I don't think you're competing for the same fan base there, Ellie.

Chuck Bao
1/23/2011, 03:44 PM
That's probably more a reflection of the worsening quality of US news media than it is about Elton's opinions. Regardless of the poor choice of words, have you ever made a public comment about another country? Elton has the right to his opinions. You have to right to lambast him and I have the right to agree with him. Get back honky cat ;) and thanks to you, Olevet, I'll be singing it.

soonercruiser
1/23/2011, 03:48 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Sir Elton John is "fed up" with being a treated like a "second-class citizen" in the U.S.

That's why the 63-year-old gay singer said he took a stand last week during a performance at a private Beverly Hills fundraiser for the ongoing legal challenge to California's gay marriage ban. The outspoken British piano man, who became a parent to a baby boy on Christmas Day with partner David Furnish, added that "as I get older, I get more angry about it."

Sounds like some of the posters on this forum!
:P

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 03:49 PM
That's probably more a reflection of the worsening quality of US news media than it is about Elton's opinions. Regardless of the poor choice of words, have you ever made a public comment about another country? Elton has the right to his opinions. You have to right to lambast him and I have the right to agree with him. Get back honky cat ;) and thanks to you, Olevet, I'll be singing it.

You betcha Chuck , Hell I disparage numerous country's and dont feel bad about it all. But Ive never said England made me feel like a 2nd class citizen or any other country for that matter.
You are an American citizen living in Thailand do you consider yourself a 2nd class citizen There ?

Chuck Bao
1/23/2011, 03:59 PM
You betcha Chuck , Hell I disparage numerous country's and dont feel bad about it all. But Ive never said England made me feel like a 2nd class citizen or any other country for that matter.
You are an American citizen living in Thailand do you consider yourself a 2nd class citizen There ?

Well yeah, of course. But what do I know and who cares? I'm just another loud-mouthed American.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/23/2011, 04:02 PM
"In this country, we need more dialogue," he said during an interview Friday. "We don't need any more stone throwing. We don't need any more vitriol. We need people to say, 'OK. I'm straight. You're gay. Let's get along. I'm Republican. You're Democratic. Let's work together.' I'm sick and tired of people being hateful to each other in this country."
What a horrible idea

FirstandGoal
1/23/2011, 04:06 PM
From what I understand, its not the issue (same-sex marriages) that's getting the rollie-eye thingie from Vet, its the fact that somebody who is not a legal citizen of this country is staging a protest and bitching about feeling like a second class citizen that is the problem.

Pay 'tention
;)

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 04:07 PM
Zacery, if hes Sick and tired of things here in the US then stay the **** in England:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. He likes American money but the people in America are dumb.

Whatever faggot!

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 04:10 PM
What a horrible idea

BTW, if you think that's really how he feels then you're living on Mars. He's basically Rosie O'Donut in a man's body. He thinks that he's better than you and me because of his money and celebrity.

AlbqSooner
1/23/2011, 04:48 PM
Sounds like some of the posters on this forum!
:P

**** off dip**** ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
1/23/2011, 05:14 PM
The thing is, Vet, sometimes words have more than one meaning. The word "citizen" can refer to a legal status, such as one being a U.S. citizen.

"Second class citizen" is not a legal term, but an informal term meaning one who is systematically discriminated against despite being a legal citizen or a legal resident -- they have limited civil rights and/or economic opportunities.

The equal protection clause says, "no state shall ... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws". Note that is says, any person, not any citizen.

Laws about rights to marriage apply not just to U.S. citizens, but to legal residents as well.

waynepayne
1/23/2011, 05:28 PM
The thing is, Vet, sometimes words have more than one meaning. The word "citizen" can refer to a legal status, such as one being a U.S. citizen.

"Second class citizen" is not a legal term, but an informal term meaning one who is systematically discriminated against despite being a legal citizen or a legal resident -- they have limited civil rights and/or economic opportunities.

The equal protection clause says, "no state shall ... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws". Note that is says, any person, not any citizen.

Laws about rights to marriage apply not just to U.S. citizens, but to legal residents as well.

well now you're just getting all factual and reasonable.

pfft.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 05:51 PM

Hell jaun, justify this any way you want, Thing is HE AINT a citizen of the US therefore he should find a different way to try to express his outrage.;)

VeeJay
1/23/2011, 06:23 PM
I got a feeling the reason Elton and Mr. Furnish are here with their little tyke is because taxes are lower, the weather is better and the food is far superior.

We're working on the tax issue, however.

KC//CRIMSON
1/23/2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.yourfunnystuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/The-Sanctity-of-Marriage.jpg