PDA

View Full Version : Londell Taylor

madmartigan
1/23/2011, 01:28 PM
just curious as to what is going on with this guy. i saw his name mentioned in one of the tw articles today as probably ending up as a safety or linebacker, and there have also been random mentions of his name this past season but i wasn't sure if he was actually still joining the team or not. thanks.

Soonerfan88
1/23/2011, 03:29 PM
I believe he is already on campus and going through winter workouts.

icmwhOU72
1/23/2011, 03:57 PM
^ this is true. apparently a big time athlete. He went to the MLB for the white sox or tigers not sure and word is that the pro team is paying for his schooling so he is not counting against our scholly numbers.

picasso
1/23/2011, 03:59 PM
He's working out with Vernon Maxwell.

101sooner
1/23/2011, 04:02 PM
Hope he works out for us like Quan Cosby did for *.

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 04:20 PM
Does someone have any recruiting or player bio on him? Never heard of him until this thread.

Chiliman
1/23/2011, 04:55 PM
He's working out with Vernon Maxwell.

My prediction too.

sOUnder
1/23/2011, 05:22 PM
Does someone have any recruiting or player bio on him? Never heard of him until this thread.

From when he committed originally, almost four years ago.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88819

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 05:28 PM
What is Vian, a 3A school? Welcome back to him if he is indeedy coming home.

usaosooner
1/23/2011, 06:26 PM
He is on campus, MLB is paying is way. Heard he is already a "leader" see what happens when the puts on the pads

picasso
1/23/2011, 06:32 PM
What is Vian, a 3A school? Welcome back to him if he is indeedy coming home.

Always been 2A unless they've moved up recently.

They had a RB named Larry Briggs that my high school played against in the semi's one year circa '70. He was supposed to go to OU.

They've had some good players.

GDC
1/23/2011, 08:35 PM

They had a RB named Larry Briggs that my high school played against in the semi's one year circa '70. He was supposed to go to OU.

They've had some good players.

Yes, and Taylor wasn't even the best player for Vian at the time. Favstv Locust was, but he was also a head case.

Vian beat Berryhill in wrestling the other night, no small feat.

:les: WOLVERINES!!!

stoopified
1/23/2011, 09:01 PM

They've had some good players. Larry Briggs of Vian is lited on the OU roster 1973-1975

stoops the eternal pimp
1/23/2011, 10:00 PM
They had a kid who was the coaches son back when I played...Jordan was his last name..he played tailback at about 270..He ended up playing LB in the NFL for a while

85sooners
1/23/2011, 10:04 PM
this is good news

oudavid1
1/23/2011, 10:08 PM
what grade is he?

madmartigan
1/23/2011, 10:18 PM
thanks for the info, guys. i remember him choosing mlb when we first recruited him, and it seems like i remember hearing talk of him wanting to come back and play at ou for the past couple of years. i'm glad he finally made it here and am excited to see what he can do.

btw, i know it says he will more than likely end up s/lb, but didn't we originally recruit him for wr?

zeke
1/23/2011, 11:06 PM
Yes, and Taylor wasn't even the best player for Vian at the time. Favstv Locust was, but he was also a head case.

Vian beat Berryhill in wrestling the other night, no small feat.

:les: WOLVERINES!!!

I watched Vian when the Locust kid was a senior. I think L. Taylor was a Jr at the time. Honestly cant remember Taylor, I guess because the Locust kid was running up and down the field. Kid was amazing to see.

Hopefully Londell will help OU and himself.

bigfatjerk
1/23/2011, 11:22 PM
what grade is he?

He'll be a freshman. About 21 or 22 years old as a freshman though.

picasso
1/23/2011, 11:47 PM
Larry Briggs of Vian is lited on the OU roster 1973-1975

Yeah but he was a bust. He was supposed to do big things.

SoonerDan74012
1/24/2011, 12:14 AM
He went to the MLB for the white sox or tigers not sure and word is that the pro team is paying for his schooling

This is true and is a freaking sweet deal to have the pro baseball team pay for you education instead of paying it yourself.:cool:

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2011, 12:47 AM
This is true and is a freaking sweet deal to have the pro baseball team pay for you education instead of paying it yourself.:cool:

Cedric Benson, anyone?

Breadburner
1/24/2011, 01:07 AM
Minor leaguers dont make **** and are drafted young.....They have to have some incentive to sign....

BulverdeSooner
1/24/2011, 09:17 AM
The Jordan kid you mention was Richard Jordan. He didn't play tailback, but typically was the fullback / blocking side of their veer. We met them in the 2nd round of the playoffs my senior season (Richard's as well) at Oologah and thumped them pretty good. However, they had some very good athletes, and I can promise you that, as an OLB weighing in at 200, hitting a 255-lb and very fast RJ in the hole wasn't much fun.
He and I both went on to play at Missouri Southern (I played baseball), where he did very well, and wound up signing with and playing with the Lions for 4 or 5 years.

He was an animal on defense in college, and his quickness allowed him to play pretty well in the pros for awhile.

Back on topic, the fact that Taylor is over the age of 20 will significantly help his leadership, recognition/understanding, and overall grasp of the flow...if he's anything of a good football player, he'll be fine & will quickly help the cause.

Soonerjeepman
1/24/2011, 09:19 AM
meet a lady who's daughter's boyfriend got drafted last yr out of HS...he got a "significant" bonus and they agreed to give him 100K for college...which is in some fund that can only be used for school....I'd try baseball as well for that...hell even if the bonus wasn't that big and the salary was 30K or so...as long as ya have the 100K for school.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/24/2011, 09:22 AM
The Jordan kid you mention was Richard Jordan. He didn't play tailback, but typically was the fullback / blocking side of their veer. We met them in the 2nd round of the playoffs my senior season (Richard's as well) at Oologah and thumped them pretty good. However, they had some very good athletes, and I can promise you that, as an OLB weighing in at 200, hitting a 255-lb and very fast RJ in the hole wasn't much fun.
He and I both went on to play at Missouri Southern (I played baseball), where he did very well, and wound up signing with and playing with the Lions for 4 or 5 years.

He was an animal on defense in college, and his quickness allowed him to play pretty well in the pros for awhile.

Back on topic, the fact that Taylor is over the age of 20 will significantly help his leadership, recognition/understanding, and overall grasp of the flow...if he's anything of a good football player, he'll be fine & will quickly help the cause.

We played Vian in conference in from jr high to high school..He was there fulltime TB in jr high and did some against us in high school. Him and Demetrius Crowder were 2 of the biggest rb's I ever had to try and bring down.

BulverdeSooner
1/24/2011, 09:55 AM
I dont remember Crowder, but it seems to me like they had a decent sized quarterback & that their other RB was small and very very fast. Too long ago for my brain to recollect.