PDA

View Full Version : Im sorry she was Raped But

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 12:12 AM
How in hell is this the schools fault that she gets 4 Mil ?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110122/ap_on_re_us/us_homecoming_gang_rape

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 12:15 AM
People love to cash in on a tragedy. Every time I hear about something like this, I can't help but think parents see dollar signs as soon as they hear the horrible news.

Midtowner
1/23/2011, 12:27 AM
The court wants to make it cheaper for the school to protect the students than to let them get raped.

1890MilesToNorman
1/23/2011, 12:30 AM
How in hell is this the schools fault that she gets 4 Mil ?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110122/ap_on_re_us/us_homecoming_gang_rape

It ain't the schools fault, they just go after whoever has the cash. It's a ****ed up world!!

SoonerNate
1/23/2011, 12:33 AM
It ain't the schools fault, they just go after whoever has the cash. It's a ****ed up world!!

The world is backasswards.

2121Sooner
1/23/2011, 02:03 AM
I remember reading this story and it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever read.

$4MM wasnt enough.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 02:20 AM
So is it based on a lack of supervision/security for a school-sponsored event? That would make a big difference on whether or not the school was partly to blame.

yermom
1/23/2011, 02:31 AM
the school settled, they decided she should get $4MM

i'll bet their dances are a lot less fun now

romanvandal
1/23/2011, 06:30 AM
The article said the school district only contributed 100k to the settlement.

AlbqSooner
1/23/2011, 06:55 AM
The article said the school district only contributed 100k to the settlement.

"The rest is covered by a joint powers authority of which the district is a member."

This is a form of self insurance for several entities.

XingTheRubicon
1/23/2011, 09:50 AM
wonder how much the settlement would have to be for an objective attorney to be embarrassed about the damage they're doing to this country...

SpankyNek
1/23/2011, 09:55 AM
How much money is your daughters innocence worth?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/23/2011, 10:04 AM
It all depends on the details not explained in the article. Was there little or no supervision by the school? Did they hire security guards to work the event? Did the school authorities turn a blind eye toward the excessive alcohol consumption? Usually there are rules about required supervision. Some schools run tight ships for these events.

C&CDean
1/23/2011, 10:30 AM
How much money is your daughters innocence worth?

Oh c'mon. Her innocence? If she hadn't of gotten ****faced hammered this probably wouldn't have happened. The boys involved should be locked away, but this girl is far from "innocent."

SpankyNek
1/23/2011, 10:38 AM
Oh c'mon. Her innocence? If she hadn't of gotten ****faced hammered this probably wouldn't have happened. The boys involved should be locked away, but this girl is far from "innocent."

I didn't see that she was drunk in the article.

BTW, use of the term "innocence" was an attempt at political correctness.

How much is the unwilling encroachment of her vagina worth?

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 11:27 AM
I didn't see that she was drunk in the article.

BTW, use of the term "innocence" was an attempt at political correctness.

How much is the unwilling encroachment of her vagina worth?

Thats not the question , The question is how in hell is this the Schools fault in the 1st place.
Sure the district agreed to a settlement. But is that because they were at fault?
Or that knowing Cali. Juries that they were just saying **** it this is cheaper?

SanJoaquinSooner
1/23/2011, 11:47 AM
Thats not the question , The question is how in hell is this the Schools fault in the 1st place. Sure the district agreed to a settlement. But is that because they were at fault?
Or that knowing Cali. Juries that they were just saying **** it this is cheaper?

It's hard to say from the article. The legal question probably boils down to: Was the school negligent in its supervision of the school event? I don't know what the law says, but if it says for this size and type of event you need at least two security guards on duty, then the school would be negligent if they didn't have two guards on duty.

Or if the adults in charge were in the back room on the computer posting on message boards instead of watching over the event, then the school may be negligent.

SpankyNek
1/23/2011, 11:48 AM
Thats not the question , The question is how in hell is this the Schools fault in the 1st place.
Sure the district agreed to a settlement. But is that because they were at fault?

I am sure there was a cost benefit component to the settlement, but I don't see the cost arriving at 4 million unless they thought they would lose the case. (It costs a lot of money to field a trial defense, but nowhere near the settlement pricetag).

I think that we have a reasonable expectation that while at a school (a government run public entity) our children will be offered protection from acts such as this. If the school is not liable for their safety, is it the fault of her parents for allowing her to attend a function like this, or his her protection implied by the venue offering the event?

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 11:51 AM
Ok , I can see some culpability IF it was a school sponsored event AND it happened at that event. Not so much if she had left and then it happened. Now in yer scenario If the school hired 2 peeps tp be in charge and they failed at the job , then IMHO its the 2 peeps who failed fault not the schools.

texaspokieokie
1/23/2011, 11:52 AM
People love to cash in on a tragedy. Every time I hear about something like this, I can't help but think parents see dollar signs as soon as they hear the horrible news.

the dollar signs (many times) appear after parents are contacted by some jake-leg "ambulance chaser".

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 11:52 AM
She was white and raped by four illegals and two black kids. There's no way the state of California wants that kind of publicity about what could happen to the daughters of U.S. citizens....

oumartin
1/23/2011, 12:06 PM
I agree with dean.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 12:06 PM
I am sure there was a cost benefit component to the settlement, but I don't see the cost arriving at 4 million unless they thought they would lose the case. (It costs a lot of money to field a trial defense, but nowhere near the settlement pricetag).

I think that we have a reasonable expectation that while at a school (a government run public entity) our children will be offered protection from acts such as this. If the school is not liable for their safety, is it the fault of her parents for allowing her to attend a function like this, or his her protection implied by the venue offering the event?

Ima see what I can find on this ,

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 12:09 PM
Heres one article, Seems to me the Folks whon stood around and watched are more to ****ing Blame But Ill keep lookin

Police: As many as 20 present at gang rape outside school dance
ASSAULT
Share this on:
Mixx Facebook Twitter Digg delicious reddit MySpace StumbleUpon LinkedIn
October 27, 2009

* An ambulance delivers a California high school student to the hospital Saturday. Police say she was gang raped.
An ambulance delivers a California high school student to the hospital Saturday. Police say she was gang raped.

Investigators say as many as 20 people were involved in or stood and watched the gang rape of a 15-year-old girl outside a California high school homecoming dance Saturday night.

Police posted a $20,000 reward Tuesday for anyone who comes to them with information that helps arrest and convict those involved in what authorities describe as a 2½-hour assault on the Richmond High School campus in suburban San Francisco.

Two teenage suspects have been jailed, but more arrests, as many as 20 total, are expected, according to a police detective.

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 12:09 PM
What also hasn't been mentioned is that the school wanted to get rid of three of the illegals for behavioral issues but certain school counselors lobbied for them to stay and believed teachers were discriminating against these poor boys simply because of their immigration status.

So the school kept these illegals and was trying to essentially socially promote them along....and then they got all rapey.

AlbqSooner
1/23/2011, 12:10 PM
Because I do not know the facts of the case, I cannot say whether the School or School district was at fault in any degree. However, I can assure you that if the fault was not in question - serious question - settlement negotiations would not have resulted in a settlement offer even approximating this amount.

Given the above, the analysis that went into the decision to settle was along these lines.

1. How much will we spend defending the case, win or lose? (Both attorney fees and costs)

2. Given the evidence, if this case were tried 10 times, how many times would we win?

3. Given the evidence and the emotional nature of this case, if we do lose, what would be the range of a jury award.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 12:13 PM
Another Article, I can see some here But why did she go O/S? was she forced? if so then the Security is Def. at fault .

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-10-29/justice/california.rape.victim.friend_1_security-officers-homecoming-dance-friend?_s=PM:CRIME

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 12:14 PM
What also hasn't been mentioned is that the school wanted to get rid of three of the illegals for behavioral issues but certain school counselors lobbied for them to stay and believed teachers were discriminating against these poor boys simply because of their immigration status.

So the school kept these illegals and was trying to essentially socially promote them along....and then they got all rapey.

Do you have sources or is this just rumor ?

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 12:18 PM
This says she left early and went in the alley with em on her own .
Nope , School aint at fault,

Party
Richmond High student gang-raped outside dance
October 27, 2009|By Henry K. Lee and Jill Tucker, Chronicle Staff Writers

29, 2009, in Richmond, Calif.
Credit: Lacy Atkins

(10-26) 18:40 PDT RICHMOND — It was a crime shocking not only in its brutality but in its callousness, Richmond police say.

A 15-year-old girl leaving early from the homecoming dance at Richmond High School was enticed into a darkened alley just off campus to hang out with as many as a dozen young men who were drinking.

When the girl joined in and became drunk herself, police say, the men attacked her.

One after another, as many as six men raped the girl, police said Monday. Others watched. For more than two hours, no one tried to stop the attacks, and no one called police.

"What's shocking about it is there were so many people willing to involve themselves in such a serious crime," police Lt. Mark Gagan said.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 12:19 PM
The whole article

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-10-27/bay-area/17186328_1_homecoming-dance-officers-richmond-police

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 12:21 PM
Do you have sources or is this just rumor ?

Law enforcement sources.

It may come as a shock but San Fran and outlying areas are really trying to show themselves as "haven cities" for illegals. The school police often arrest illegals on campus for committing crimes and the school district often acts as if they have sovereign power and prevent prosecution of many of these kids. Criminals are more often sent to school diversionary programs instead of facing the consequences of their actions leaving the school police frustrated.

Nobody in law enforcement up there is really shocked that this happened....they thought it would happen sooner.

oumartin
1/23/2011, 12:22 PM
Here is the problem with society. There is not severe enough penalties for this crap.

Rape a girl and you die
kill someone and you die
molest someone and you die

Crime rate would drop I bet.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 12:23 PM
The last article says she was " waiting on her Dad".
and that it did happen OFF campus, and she willingly got drunk with the dudes.

AlbqSooner
1/23/2011, 12:27 PM
Here is the problem with society. There is not severe enough penalties for this crap.

Rape a girl and you die
kill someone and you die

I doubt the crime rate would drop due to executions. At least not until we return to public executions, maybe televised on CSpan. Only then might some would-be murderer, rapist, molester or whatever understand what the death penalty means. Oh yeah, and if we are going to have the death penalty, make it something horrific to watch, not an IV in the arm and an injection that makes the person look like they are going to sleep.

While I personally oppose the death penalty for several reasons, If we are going to have it on the grounds of its deterrent effect, I submit it will take something such as I have proposed to have that effect.

oumartin
1/23/2011, 12:30 PM
While I am all for public hangings and death by firing squad, just killing these low lifes would stop them from becoming repeat offenders.

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 12:47 PM
While I am all for public hangings and death by firing squad, just killing these low lifes would stop them from becoming repeat offenders.

But....they're only here doing the jobs Americans won't do.

oumartin
1/23/2011, 12:53 PM
But....they're only here doing the jobs Americans won't do.

I'll learn to mow my own yard!

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/23/2011, 01:02 PM
4 million is not really enough. Gangraped for 2.5 hours? Jesus christ

delhalew
1/23/2011, 01:06 PM
:mad: That is just about the most disgusting thing I have heard about in a long time.:mad:
If that were my daughter, you could follow the trail of dead ****holes right to my front door. Un****ingbelievable.

oumartin
1/23/2011, 01:07 PM

ya know, when your partners just not that into it it tends to take a little longer.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 01:09 PM

Other than her being under 16 How was this even rape?She willingly left the dance early, she willingly went in the alley with em, She willingly drank with em .

How is this the Tax Payers fault? Tell ya what YOU send her some More money :rolleyes:

delhalew
1/23/2011, 01:12 PM
I'll learn to mow my own yard!

Americans won't do manual labor anymore. Food stamps, welfare, SS, and Medicaid have seen to that.
We are a nation of disgusting, lazy, couch taters.
Obama gonna give me free money! He gonna pay my rent! Remember her?
We built this decades ago. Enjoy.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 01:13 PM
I doubt the crime rate would drop due to executions. At least not until we return to public executions, maybe televised on CSpan. Only then might some would-be murderer, rapist, molester or whatever understand what the death penalty means. Oh yeah, and if we are going to have the death penalty, make it something horrific to watch, not an IV in the arm and an injection that makes the person look like they are going to sleep.

While I personally oppose the death penalty for several reasons, If we are going to have it on the grounds of its deterrent effect, I submit it will take something such as I have proposed to have that effect.

I think the long wait between sentencing and execution greatly diminishes its impact.

But there are other reasons for backing capital punishment other than deterrence.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 01:14 PM
Other than her being under 16 How was this even rape?She willingly left the dance early, she willingly went in the alley with em, She willingly drank with em .

If she didn't willingly have sex with them, then it's rape. It doesn't get much easier to understand than that.

MR2-Sooner86
1/23/2011, 01:19 PM
If she didn't willingly have sex with them, then it's rape. It doesn't get much easier to understand than that.

Do we know though? I've known of a couple cases where girls called 'rape' when it was far from rape.

Example, a girl at the church I use to go to had her boyfriend over and they had sex. Her dad came home early and caught them so she cried rape and he got in trouble.

Another girl I know of was at a party, got drunk, slept with a couple guys, and when she found out the next day she didn't want to be called a 'slut' so she cried rape.

I don't know if it happened here but as I said, we don't know all the facts and she could be just trying to cover her own ***.

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 01:24 PM
From the bruising and bleeding and from one of the suspects interviews with the cops, every indication is that they took turns holding her down while others took a turn. Once one was finished, he held her down so somebody else could get a turn. They think there's at least 10-15 other guys involved but can't get corroboration.

sooner ngintunr
1/23/2011, 01:27 PM
The facts are pretty much out there on this one. It was rape. She was beaten unconscious.

Sounds like a hate crime to me.:pop:

MR2-Sooner86
1/23/2011, 01:27 PM
From the bruising and bleeding and from one of the suspects interviews with the cops, every indication is that they took turns holding her down while others took a turn. Once one was finished, he held her down so somebody else could get a turn. They think there's at least 10-15 other guys involved but can't get corroboration.

Sounds like a gang rape...or something very kinky.

King Barry's Back
1/23/2011, 01:29 PM

I know absolutely nothing about this case other than that short article that you linked.

However, I can say with certainty that if you organize and hold any public event, you are considered to be responsible for the safety and well-being of the attendees up to a reasonable point.

For example, if you are a dinner cruise ship on Grand Lake, or Eufala or whatever, your dinner barge must be in compliance with all Coast Guard and State of OK criteria, and your kitchen must meet Health Department standards. This is legally required and would be a minimum standard of reasonable precaution.

One such rule is that you must have floatation devices available at least one for every passenger.

If that boat ever sinks, and if it turns out that you only had enough life preservers for half of the people on board, and some of them drown, you sir are considered to have failed to meet the reasonable safety standard. Therefore, you are considered to be NEGLIGENT. If you are negligent, then you are at least partially responsible for the tragedy, and you have to pay compensation.

Without knowing the details of this case, I will speculate that the school was probably lax in letting the teenies wonder around the campus unsupervised. As parents have a reasonable expectation that their minor children will be supervised at all times while at an official school function, the school would then be both negligent and liable.

The fact the school settled in advance for a whopping $4mn means they probably looked pretty damn negligent, and knew it, and certainly didn't want any judge to publicly rule that they were negligent.

But with no specifics, that's all i got.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 01:29 PM
The facts are pretty much out there on this one. It was rape. She was beaten unconscious.

Sounds like a hate crime to me.:pop:

Hate crimes only apply if the perpetrators are white. Because only whites can hate.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/23/2011, 01:38 PM

How is this the Tax Payers fault? Tell ya what YOU send her some More money :rolleyes:
How is this even rape? Are you ****ing serious?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7111732

What if this happened to your daughter? I'm sure you'd blame her for drinking and not want any compensation right?

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 01:50 PM
How is this even rape? Are you ****ing serious?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7111732

What if this happened to your daughter? I'm sure you'd blame her for drinking and not want any compensation right?

Then you found an article that I didnt. And to be honest, It would never occur to me to SUE anyone , Kill the Perps? Hell yes.

The "Witness" in that article if I read it correctly was initially arrested, then released . He may have a self serving attitude about the whole thing.

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe she said yes to one of of the guys, then the alcohol, power, and horniness set in? Regardless, that's a lot of sex in one night for any person. I have not read the other articles, but it sounds like rape to me. Not sure if the school should be getting sued for not having security in an alley though, and underage drinking at school sactioned parties has gone on since the beginning of dances and punch being served at those parties.

Back in the 80's, when I was in school, sporting a Camaro and mullet, listening to the Crue, the only security we had were teachers that volunteered to watch over things while I was feeling up members on the pom pom squad. I never remember any cops, except when there was a report of drugs or rowdiness, which was like one time, and it was a county sheriff who stopped by, only because he was on a coffee and donut run, and the Winchell's was close by.

Things sure have changed since I was a kid.

Damn.

Okla-homey
1/23/2011, 02:10 PM
Because I do not know the facts of the case, I cannot say whether the School or School district was at fault in any degree. However, I can assure you that if the fault was not in question - serious question - settlement negotiations would not have resulted in a settlement offer even approximating this amount.

Given the above, the analysis that went into the decision to settle was along these lines.

1. How much will we spend defending the case, win or lose? (Both attorney fees and costs)

2. Given the evidence, if this case were tried 10 times, how many times would we win?

3. Given the evidence and the emotional nature of this case, if we do lose, what would be the range of a jury award.

I agree. No one pays that kind of money unless they reasonably believe they are likely to pay far more if the case went to trial. I also expect the entire school board signed off on the amount of settlement authority the school's lawyers were able to offer.

JohnnyMack
1/23/2011, 02:10 PM
This place never fails to amuse me.

JohnnyMack
1/23/2011, 02:13 PM

You're way off base here.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 02:19 PM
I agree. No one pays that kind of money unless they reasonably believe they are likely to pay far more if the case went to trial. I also expect the entire school board signed off on the amount of settlement authority the school's lawyers were able to offer.

It's not their money. It isn't coming out of their pocket. They won't be financially bothered by this in the least.

It is much easier to settle out of court for grand sums of money in such situations.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 02:57 PM
You're way off base here.

I done did agree to that fact :P
AFTER READING THAT LAST ARTICLE(dayum caps lock )

Still unclear as to how the school district was at fault tho

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 04:17 PM

Vet, it sounds (reads) like to me that the school district said (admitted) it was guilty for 100k worth of rape. There insurance carrier is on the hook for the rest which mean that the tax payer will be paying the bill for higher insurance rates in the future.

Just my take on what I've read.

Soonrboy
1/23/2011, 04:24 PM
Misplaced outrage.

We should be outraged that this girl got raped.

We should be outraged that these little ****s did that to her.

It's their fault this law suit happened. Not hers.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 04:32 PM
Man this is just awful. I couldn't even imagine that being my daughter. I would probably kill every single one of them. The school at the very least, should make sure if a minor leaves the building that they are being picked up by family or something. Or if they have a vehicle, tell them if they go outside, you can't come back in and you have to leave the campus. That was how it was at my prom. Since this girl was 15, obviously she wasn't driving anywhere.

I went to high school in a town of about 2,500 people in Oklahoma and not San Francisco and we seemed to have much stricter policies. Our principle even walked around outside to make sure nothing sketchy was occurring. Like someone said, for a school-sponsored event involving minors, it SHOULD be the schools responsibility not only to insure the 15 year old couldn't just go outside the building and drink, but they should make sure hoards of sketchy characters aren't lurking and drinking in dark alleys on their campus. Seems negligent to me.

True, the girl got herself in that situation, but if I had a child in that school, I would remove them immediately because it is obvious that they are not competent enough to supervise minors, so I should not expect any better while they are actually at school during the day.

AlbqSooner
1/23/2011, 05:15 PM
But there are other reasons for backing capital punishment other than deterrence.

Pray tell, what is the purpose of including this statement in this post, other than to be contrarion?

My statement, which you quoted prior to posting this line, was"

"While I personally oppose the death penalty for several reasons, If we are going to have it on the grounds of its deterrent effect . . ."

Midtowner
1/23/2011, 05:39 PM

Rape a girl and you die
kill someone and you die

I don't care where you come down on the death penalty debate, but regardless of that, your proposal would sure cut down on recidivism.

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 05:45 PM

I agree but we could start by keeping the ****ing illegals out of our goddamn country in the 1st place.

Our politicians are a bunch of ****ing pussies on top of it!

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 05:59 PM
Vet, it sounds (reads) like to me that the school district said (admitted) it was guilty for 100k worth of rape. There insurance carrier is on the hook for the rest which mean that the tax payer will be paying the bill for higher insurance rates in the future.

Just my take on what I've read.

Naw Bro, AS HAS BEEN SAID THEY AGREED TO SETTLE because 100k was cheaper than trying to defend the suit.

Misplaced outrage.

We should be outraged that this girl got raped.

We should be outraged that these little ****s did that to her.

It's their fault this law suit happened. Not hers.

Not sayin im pissed about the suit , I just dont think it was the school districts fault, And you really cant say that she wasnt some what culpible her ownself, by going with them and then drinking with them to point of gettin drunk.

Midtowner
1/23/2011, 06:06 PM
Naw Bro, AS HAS BEEN SAID THEY AGREED TO SETTLE because 100k was cheaper than trying to defend the suit.

Uh.. no.

Insurance companies, even cooperatives or whatever this is are parties to the suit. Anyone who is paying is a party. In other words, everyone who paid anything approved the settlement. And there is very little, almost no chance this would have cost $4MM to try.

The fear was that the punitive damages would meet or exceed $4MM. The school, etc., knew it was at fault. The only question was how much they were at fault. They decided $4MM.

Let's hope that they decide that it's cheaper to not keep troublemakers in schools and to provide adequate security at school hosted events than it is to pay $4MM to children who are raped due to the school's negligence.

Not sayin im pissed about the suit , I just dont think it was the school districts fault, And you really cant say that she wasnt some what culpible her ownself, by going with them and then drinking with them to point of gettin drunk.

That's absolutely disgusting. A girl is at fault for being raped because she was drunk? What an ******* thing to say. The only people at fault are the people who forcibly raped her and the school for failing to provide adequate supervision. Rape is never the victim's fault.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 06:12 PM
Uh.. no.

Insurance companies, even cooperatives or whatever this is are parties to the suit. Anyone who is paying is a party. In other words, everyone who paid anything approved the settlement. And there is very little, almost no chance this would have cost $4MM to try.

The fear was that the punitive damages would meet or exceed $4MM. The school, etc., knew it was at fault. The only question was how much they were at fault. They decided $4MM.

Let's hope that they decide that it's cheaper to not keep troublemakers in schools and to provide adequate security at school hosted events than it is to pay $4MM to children who are raped due to the school's negligence.

That's absolutely disgusting. A girl is at fault for being raped because she was drunk? What an ******* thing to say. The only people at fault are the people who forcibly raped her and the school for failing to provide adequate supervision. Rape is never the victim's fault.

**** off dip ****, Im sayin she is probably more to blame than the school district because of her actions

If i go into a bar in north Tulsa and get the **** kicked out of me, Whos fault is it? Mine for being so ****ing stupid as to go there in the 1st place? or the Folks who stomp the **** out of me ?

get real dumas

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 06:23 PM
The school distric was facing the opening of a huge can of worms. Students who should have been kicked out or in jail were instead still on campus because of the administrators. These thugs were hanging out close to campus and staff knew their troublemaker illegals were there drinking but didn't have the spine to call the police on their social projects.

Witnesses knew what was going on and even said they were concerned because "teachers let the mexicans do whatever they want and they never get in trouble", thus they didn't want these guys knowing they snitched.

It was better to pay than be publicized for another failed social experiment and have to actually defend not expelling and prosecuting kids who terrorized the school.

Midtowner
1/23/2011, 06:29 PM
**** off dip ****, Im sayin she is probably more to blame than the school district because of her actions

If i go into a bar in north Tulsa and get the **** kicked out of me, Whos fault is it? Mine for being so ****ing stupid as to go there in the 1st place? or the Folks who stomp the **** out of me ?

get real dumas

It's not your fault for being assaulted in a place you have the legal right to be. It's the bar's duty to make sure it has adequate safeguards against violence. You'd have a good case against the bar.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 06:32 PM
Rape aside, even in the theoretical case that nothing happened, it still seems the school is negligent for lack of supervision, IMHO. By holding a school-sponsored event, they are responsible for supervision and the well-being of a 15 year old minor. It would be different if it was not a minor.

Vet, as far as your point...I agree with your scenario. But this is a little different. You are old enough to know what could happen. True, if ya get durnky you might forget.:D But you know how naive a teenage girl can be. I remember when I was a teen. I was a dumb***.

The school officials have to assure these little dumb***es don't **** their life up while on their watch. Looks like this is what happened this time.

On a side note....Don't even get me started on the illegal students being in on it. We already argued with Jaun on this forever. That is a whole other issue that will stir some stuff up out there.

KABOOKIE
1/23/2011, 06:35 PM
California. What a **** hole.

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 06:50 PM
I'm just glad my kids won't be going to school with illegals or children of illegals.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 06:55 PM
California. What a **** hole.

Best post in the thread.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/23/2011, 07:21 PM
Just noticed this happened in Richmond. I bet Timo Cruz had something to do with it

Viking Kitten
1/23/2011, 08:52 PM
Damn. Remind me not to drink at the tailgates anymore.

cccasooner2
1/23/2011, 09:27 PM
I have only read the 1st page of the thread. What is the $4M settlement all about? The article says "Six people have pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from the October 2009 rape, which occurred during the Richmond High School homecoming dance." As of now, the courts have not decided whether a rape did in fact occur or whether the girl was just working on a railroad.

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 09:45 PM
I have only read the 1st page of the thread. What is the $4M settlement all about? The article says "Six people have pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from the October 2009 rape, which occurred during the Richmond High School homecoming dance." As of now, the courts have not decided whether a rape did in fact occur or whether the girl was just working on a railroad.

The four illegals are working on pleas that are supposed to not affect their immigration status.

Only in America...

Midtowner
1/23/2011, 09:46 PM

Clearly the school district and school believe otherwise. Get some guilty verdicts, maybe the price of the settlement goes up.

SoonerBorn68
1/23/2011, 09:53 PM
What if this happened to your daughter?

Hypothically, I would kill each and every one--with their penises stuffed in their mouths.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 09:58 PM
Damn. Remind me not to drink at the tailgates anymore.

Big Dif there Darling. Aint a one of us would just stand around and watch.We be stompin some ones *** who messed with ya.;)

cccasooner2
1/23/2011, 09:59 PM
Clearly the school district and school believe otherwise. Get some guilty verdicts, maybe the price of the settlement goes up.

Ah so, it's a win-win for the school district. Makes sense now. :rolleyes:

Viking Kitten
1/23/2011, 10:26 PM
Big Dif there Darling. Aint a one of us would just stand around and watch.We be stompin some ones *** who messed with ya.;)

Oh, I know that. Although the times I've tried OVJ, I thought there might be roofies in it.:P

Midtowner
1/23/2011, 10:31 PM
Ah so, it's a win-win for the school district. Makes sense now. :rolleyes:

Win-win once their negligence led to someone getting raped, yeah.

That's gonna cost 'em.

Like I said, the judicial branch will hopefully make sure it's cheaper to make sure kids don't get raped rather than cut back on security at school events.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 10:56 PM
Oh, I know that. Although the times I've tried OVJ, I thought there might be roofies in it.:P

:D :D :D :D :D :hot:

2121Sooner
1/23/2011, 11:00 PM
Sounds like Jodie Foster just found a follow up movie for The Accused

And olevetonahill, I bet if something like this happened to your daughter you would be singing a completely different song.

Just a hunch though.

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 11:24 PM
I don't see Vet as the type to sue. I think if it happened to his daughter he'd be more likely to kill the SOBs than sue.

In any case, I went to a pretty small school by population but large in physical size (anyone familiar with FTG sort of knows what I'm talking about). There were plenty of places where there were never any people around and something like this could happen. LOTS of places. The school can't patrol and monitor every nook and cranny. If the school had been intentionally negligible then maybe, but that doesn't sound like the case.

Bad **** happens sometimes. Blame the people responsible and stop looking for scapegoats.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 11:29 PM
Sounds like Jodie Foster just found a follow up movie for The Accused

And olevetonahill, I bet if something like this happened to your daughter you would be singing a completely different song.

Just a hunch though.

Done said Suing would never cross my Mind. Killin on the other hand

sooner59
1/23/2011, 11:48 PM
I don't see Vet as the type to sue. I think if it happened to his daughter he'd be more likely to kill the SOBs than sue.

In any case, I went to a pretty small school by population but large in physical size (anyone familiar with FTG sort of knows what I'm talking about). There were plenty of places where there were never any people around and something like this could happen. LOTS of places. The school can't patrol and monitor every nook and cranny. If the school had been intentionally negligible then maybe, but that doesn't sound like the case.

Bad **** happens sometimes. Blame the people responsible and stop looking for scapegoats.

A nook or cranny probably isn't an area that could fit 10-15 possible rapists, 1 rapee, and 20 voyeurs. Doesn't really matter, though. My thoughts are that a 15 year old girl should not even be allowed to leave (am also assuming this dance is after dark) without a family member or something picking them up, especially if she is leaving alone. Just seems like common sense to have that as a policy.

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2011, 12:19 AM
What would a professionally run organization do when hosting a dance party with minors?

They didn't do it.

Ergo, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

soonerboomer93
1/24/2011, 11:22 AM

Probably because at least part of the assault appears to have happened on campus. Atleast that's what it reads, some articles say she meet them in the ally, but the one with the witness says it was occuring on a section of campus.

soonerboomer93
1/24/2011, 11:28 AM

Yeah, because I'm sure when they enticed her to come drink they said, "oh, come on, we're just going to beat you unconscious and make your our sex toy for a few hours" and not "come on it, it'll be some fun, nothing's going to happen"

I'm just sayin...

unbiasedtruth
1/24/2011, 08:02 PM
so no mention that Colorado University had to pay out 2 or 3 million dollars to a former member of its football team, female place kicker, during the Gary Barnett years in civil court over rape allegations and how the school, athletic program was resposible....

even no charges were filed....

REDREX
1/24/2011, 09:06 PM
Tort Lawyers at work-----I bet they didn't mention they will take at least 33%

yermom
1/24/2011, 09:44 PM
so no mention that Colorado University had to pay out 2 or 3 million dollars to a former member of its football team, female place kicker, during the Gary Barnett years in civil court over rape allegations and how the school, athletic program was resposible....

even no charges were filed....

she was a horrible, horrible football player

Midtowner
1/25/2011, 08:27 AM
Tort Lawyers at work-----I bet they didn't mention they will take at least 33%

Do you work for free?

REDREX
1/25/2011, 08:55 AM
Do you work for free?---Nope---Do you think they "earned" over a million $$ for this case ?

Midtowner
1/25/2011, 09:07 AM
---Nope---Do you think they "earned" over a million $$ for this case ?

Sure.

You probably don't understand how a tort law business is run. It is a high risk/high reward proposition. And taking cases like these, you might not be able to handle much else for a long while. In the millions of dollars range, you're also talking about what is probably a highly specialized practice which handles these high profile sorts of cases.

In this case, the lawyers produced $3MM or so of value for the client through skilled negotiation where the client otherwise would have made nothing. That's creating a good value for the client in my book.

This also has the side benefit of probably ensuring more adequate security at school events within this district.

Keep in mind, the firm here fronted all of the costs, and had they recovered nothing, which is a possibility in these cases, they would have lost lots of money. And they probably take plenty of losing cases.

REDREX
1/25/2011, 09:36 AM
Sure.

You probably don't understand how a tort law business is run. It is a high risk/high reward proposition. And taking cases like these, you might not be able to handle much else for a long while. In the millions of dollars range, you're also talking about what is probably a highly specialized practice which handles these high profile sorts of cases.

In this case, the lawyers produced $3MM or so of value for the client through skilled negotiation where the client otherwise would have made nothing. That's creating a good value for the client in my book.

This also has the side benefit of probably ensuring more adequate security at school events within this district.

Keep in mind, the firm here fronted all of the costs, and had they recovered nothing, which is a possibility in these cases, they would have lost lots of money. And they probably take plenty of losing cases.---I have a law degree---I know how Tort Lawyers operate

Sooner_Bob
1/25/2011, 09:39 AM
I'm still trying to get over how anyone can actually place as much blame on this girl as they are.

SoCaliSooner
1/25/2011, 10:12 AM
I'm still trying to get over how anyone can actually place as much blame on this girl as they are.
Really? There are many that blame Norman PD when football players get arrested.

Midtowner
1/25/2011, 11:42 AM

Dumb rednecks are capable of many mind baffling feats of stupidity and ignorance.

Midtowner
1/25/2011, 11:43 AM
---I have a law degree---I know how Tort Lawyers operate

And what sort of law do you practice?

My Opinion Matters
1/25/2011, 12:17 PM

She was totally asking for it, what with her having a vagina and all. :rolleyes:

MR2-Sooner86
1/25/2011, 12:17 PM
She was totally asking for it, what with her having a vagina and all. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the boobs.

My Opinion Matters
1/25/2011, 12:18 PM
Don't forget the boobs.

Case closed.

Sooner_Bob
1/25/2011, 12:49 PM
People are capable of many mind baffling feats of stupidity and ignorance.

FIFY