PDA

View Full Version : Jermie Calhoun

sooned
1/22/2011, 06:09 PM
In almost every article that I read about 2011 Sooner backfield, Jermie Calhoun is omitted from consideration as a contributing player.

Is he too slow? Is he fumble prone? Does he have problems with blocking? Does he have grade or other off -the -field problems or is it a combination of things?

He was highly recruited coming out of high school and has only seen limited action while at OU. Finch, Miller, Clay and even incoming freshman Williams are touted as potential contributors, but no mention of Calhoun. Did his knee injury end his college career? What are his limitations????

usaosooner
1/22/2011, 06:10 PM
He is rehabbing but he has a long road back

BoulderSooner79
1/22/2011, 07:23 PM
He was already struggling for playing time when he hurt his knee and the knee injury is a major one. I hope he makes it back and earns his way on the field because he has looked good at times. He brings a more powerful running style with him.

KantoSooner
1/23/2011, 01:10 PM
I loved this guy out of high school and I'm not prepared to write him off. I hope he keeps his head down, works hard at rehabbing the knee and spends any extra time working on school work.
You can make something positive out of almost any situation.

silverwheels
1/23/2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, he tore two ligaments in one of his knees. He's got some work to do.

Football Jim
1/23/2011, 08:54 PM
Don't ever count a Calhoun out!

adoniijahsooner
1/23/2011, 08:59 PM
This comment from Cale Gundy makes it seem as though Calhoun just needs to mature....

“He has been really good and comments were made (Sunday) that he looks like a different player,” Gundy said. “Jermie has shown a lot of signs of being a great football player. He struggles with being immature at times as a young guy, but that is college life. Again it goes back to when does that light bulb switch on, and he has shown signs of it being on, and he has showed signs of it flickering as well. We need it to be on and stay on the whole time.”

stoopified
1/23/2011, 11:31 PM
Good luck to him

EstablishedSooner1967
1/24/2011, 10:22 AM
Major Knee surgery...

jumperstop
1/24/2011, 10:50 AM
I loved this guy out of high school and I'm not prepared to write him off. I hope he keeps his head down, works hard at rehabbing the knee and spends any extra time working on school work.
You can make something positive out of almost any situation.

I thought the phrase was keep your head up. :confused: :D

KantoSooner
1/24/2011, 11:14 AM
Head up = don't get bummed out

Head down = stay focused

The saying I was referencing is used constantly by a customer of mine in Louisiana: "Keep your head down and your butt up". He uses it to indicate somebody who is totally absorbed by the task at hand. Sounded a bit weird though, so I shortened it.

TMI, I know; forgive me.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/24/2011, 11:47 AM
i thought you meant his was goin to be playing golf or sumthin'

...sooner
1/24/2011, 12:33 PM
i call a transfer.

sooned
1/24/2011, 03:31 PM
I hope he is able to overcome his injury and to live up to some of the promise he had coming out of highschool. It sounds like that his injury could well keep him out.

I still hope he is able to contribute this next season.