PDA

View Full Version : Happy 37th Anniversary Roe vs Wade......

2121Sooner
1/22/2011, 05:30 PM
I am just glad that since this passed we dont have doctors cutting out babies with scissors and hangers anymore.

:pop:

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2011, 05:32 PM
It's semantics, but Roe v. Wade wasn't a piece of legislation therefore it didn't "pass." It was a Supreme Court "decision."

Carry on...

Cornfed
1/22/2011, 05:35 PM
At least we dont have crazy teenagers in unicorn decorated rooms killing themselves.........

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 05:45 PM
How many potential innocent great citizens did this legislation cause to be murdered?

Okla-homey
1/22/2011, 05:48 PM
I am just glad that since this passed we dont have doctors cutting out babies with scissors and hangers anymore.

Not so fast my friend....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110121/tr_ac/7598864_abortion_doctor_arrested_for_murder_gives_ prochoice_activism_a_bad_name

MR2-Sooner86
1/22/2011, 06:08 PM
http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/funny-sports-pictures-nah-man-you-go-ahead-im-just-gonna-watch-this-one.jpg

soonercruiser
1/22/2011, 10:21 PM
How many potential innocent great citizens did this legislation cause to be murdered?

55 Million, and still counting!!!
(That's 55 million potential taxpayers, and customers.) :(

Rest in Peace, little ones.

Anybody calculating the economic and psychological damage?
Thought so...

sooner ngintunr
1/22/2011, 10:29 PM
I'm just glad it helped bring the crime level down.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/22/2011, 10:52 PM
yeah, I vividly recall the week of the Roe vs Wade decision. That was one hell of a week. All in one week:

Roe v. Wade decision

Nixon is sworn in for a second term - later to be aborted.

Nixon announces an end to the Viet Nam War through a "Peace With Honor" deal. http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6500000/newsid_6507600/6507687.stm?bw=nb&mp=wm&news=1&bbcws=1

LBJ dies.

George Foreman whips an undeated World Champion Joe Frazier

2121Sooner
1/22/2011, 10:56 PM
It's semantics, but Roe v. Wade wasn't a piece of legislation therefore it didn't "pass." It was a Supreme Court "decision."

Carry on...

You are right, it was a decision.

Be thankful your mom and dad didnt flush you down a toilet.

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2011, 10:57 PM
I'm just glad it helped bring the crime level down.

Yeah, I'm torn...

I find abortion to be distasteful and abhorrent; however, I also find the idea of being mugged and having my **** stolen to be abhorrent. And let's be honest...statistically, my guess is that most abortions come from segments of society that I'd rather not see further populated.

HOWEVER, what I'm not torn over is the fact that Roe v. Wade was a HORRIBLE decision on constitutional grounds. There is absolutely ZERO constitutional right to abortion and the argument that it's covered under a mythical constitutional right to privacy has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Abortion is and ought to be purely a state issue.

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 11:03 PM

Thought so...

Well typically most abortions are from democrats so there is a silver lining here.

AlboSooner
1/22/2011, 11:26 PM

Thought so...

I'm against abortion, but the number argument is faulty. That could be 55 million parasites, 55 million leeches.

Even if the number was ONE, abortion would still be immoral, and simply wrong.

The worst thing we have done is to politicize this issue, and to appear as if we are against choice, and they against life. We are pro-life and pro-choice, we just want you to make a better choice, and do not end a human life for any reason. I want everybody to have a chance at life, regardless what political party their parents belong to, and regardless if they belong to a different social class than me.

Boarder
1/23/2011, 12:19 AM
Roe v. Wade is what lowered the crime rate in the 1990s. According to Freakonomics.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/23/2011, 02:05 AM
Well typically most abortions are from democrats so there is a silver lining here.

Pubs are well represented among those getting abortions.

When a pub daddy has a high school daughter who gets knocked up, he'll get her the abortion. He'll set aside his political beliefs for his daughter.

2121Sooner
1/23/2011, 02:08 AM
But most of them are from the daughter going out and experimenting with the lower class dem that has some good weed.

So it is a wash

SoonerNate
1/23/2011, 05:17 AM
This is like Christmas morning to the Democrat party. Yeah!! Abortions on demand!

XingTheRubicon
1/24/2011, 01:20 AM
Pubs are well represented among those getting abortions.

When a pub daddy has a high school daughter who gets knocked up, he'll get her the abortion. He'll set aside his political beliefs for his daughter.

Actually, no we don't. People like us foster personal responsibility.

Republicans' biggest fault in this issue is some trying to influence/pressure others into choosing what we believe to be right. My beliefs on this issue begin and end with my family. At some point, however, even liberals must come to grips with the fact that some things are more important than personal convenience.