Pages : [1] 2

Rocko
1/22/2011, 05:14 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=7086868

Stills and Jefferson

Kenney Stills' Facebook page is gone.

Ruf/Nek7
1/22/2011, 05:31 PM
I hate this because I'm always critical of how other teams and coaches handle these situations because I feel some coaches....mack.....do not punish these wrong doings hard enough. And now i'm hoping Bob goes light on the two.

sendbaht
1/22/2011, 06:13 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=7086868

Stills and Jefferson

Kenney Stills' Facebook page is gone.

If true, they need big help now and a light punishment. The 2nd time (if they was) the other way around.

Petro-Sooner
1/22/2011, 06:26 PM
DA's.

rekamrettuB
1/22/2011, 06:26 PM
Get ready to feel the wrath of Schmidty and probably missing a half a game to whole game. Hopefully lesson learned. I know I learned mine. Haven't done the same since...10 years ago. Not saying I haven't drank...just not driven.

sooner518
1/22/2011, 06:27 PM
"GuerinEmig Norman Police confirm #OU WR Kenny Stills and DB Tony Jefferson arrested early this am. Stills for DUI, Jefferson for interference w process
14 minutes ago"

From twitter. Dumbdumbdumb.

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 06:32 PM
I hate this because I'm always critical of how other teams and coaches handle these situations because I feel some coaches....mack.....do not punish these wrong doings hard enough. And now i'm hoping Bob goes light on the two.

Yep, it's always easy to tell the other team to hammer wrongdoers. "That coach oughta kick him off the team!"

rekamrettuB
1/22/2011, 06:33 PM
Closing down O'Connells?

sooner518
1/22/2011, 06:35 PM
This is why I don't talk crap about other teams players gettin into trouble. These kids are all 18-21. It's bound to happen to someone on your team at some point or another.

usaosooner
1/22/2011, 06:35 PM
cue the Poke and Horn trolls

LoveDemSooners
1/22/2011, 06:38 PM
Tony Jefferson tweeted 25min ago

soonerbub
1/22/2011, 06:38 PM
Suck it up guys and be ready for FSU

LoveDemSooners
1/22/2011, 06:40 PM
And now kenny stills just tweeted

usaosooner
1/22/2011, 06:51 PM
misdemeanor charges...

Pull head out of a$$, run some stairs, pay fine + community service

end of story

chuckrollz
1/22/2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/3534703

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 06:56 PM
cue the Poke and Horn trolls

Since there are no reports of the players acting psychotic, Horn fans have nuthin'.

mgsooner
1/22/2011, 06:57 PM
Disappointing.

yermom
1/22/2011, 07:00 PM
yeah, the cops were laying in wait last night as i was leaving O'Connell's

maybe i should have tweeted those guys :rolleyes:

Stoops does need to do something more severe about DUIs at some point. players apparently aren't getting the message.

sooner518
1/22/2011, 07:04 PM
Tony Jefferson tweeted 25min ago

whatd he say? i see no new tweets since yesterday....

Id guess Stills gets a more severe punishment. "Interference with an official process" sounds like he was arguing with the cops or something dumb like that

1890MilesToNorman
1/22/2011, 07:16 PM
They are Sooners and should be treated like any other Sooner who gets in this kind of trouble. Stoops seems to know how to get through to them for the most part. Stoops has never disappointed me when it comes to disciplining the players.

Dio
1/22/2011, 07:16 PM
This'll put us on the board for the Fulmer Cup (w/UConn, coincidentally)

Not to worry- Oregon or Florida will pass us soon enough

yermom
1/22/2011, 07:21 PM
They are Sooners and should be treated like any other Sooner who gets in this kind of trouble. Stoops seems to know how to get through to them for the most part. Stoops has never disappointed me when it comes to disciplining the players.

individually this seems to be the case, but it seems like the players get a get out of jail free card to start

a DUI isn't like missing curfew or a PI

it's worse than stealing gas IMO.

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 07:27 PM
it's worse than stealing gas IMO.

:mad:

sooner518
1/22/2011, 07:30 PM
not to excuse Stills at all, but isnt the law that if you are underage and you have ANY alcohol in you (like a .02 BAC for instance), you get a DUI?

just wonderin.... :pop:

pappy
1/22/2011, 07:37 PM
Gonna get blasted for this, but I haven't seen anyone calling stills a *********, jerk, horrible person like they were calling blackmon for the same thing.

I'm not calling Stills any names he made a mistake, but I didn't call Blackmon any names for his mistakes either.

kelloggOUballa
1/22/2011, 07:42 PM
pappy, they are family. Blackmon is not. Stills and Jefferson made a mistake, yes, but I and all Sooners will stand behind them.

starrca23
1/22/2011, 07:49 PM
Stoops will handle it...a lesson learned.

CBUS_SOONER
1/22/2011, 07:51 PM
Hate to see this stuff... My bro n law drove home drunk, got in an accident, hit his head, and will be in a nursing home the rest of his life. Happened on his 30th birthday:(

CowboyMRW
1/22/2011, 07:55 PM
Meh, 1 game for DUI seems to be what the precedent is nationwide. Jefferson who knows. Not sure what that charge entails but I'd guess he gets nothing.

Also please tell me this quote was just joking

I would say do nothing,after all florida nor texas would.If you want to win the mnc you have to have some thugs on your team,if not we would be baylor.Bob should pass some money under the table to the Norman police department just like in Austin,just to make sure if it happens again it goes unnoticed.

by soonerman77

CowboyMRW
1/22/2011, 07:56 PM
Plus your first DUI is just a a misdemeanor

Eielson
1/22/2011, 08:04 PM
This'll put us on the board for the Fulmer Cup (w/UConn, coincidentally)

Not to worry- Oregon or Florida will pass us soon enough

Stills will get us two, and Jefferson may get us another one. If so, that would tie us with UConn for first with three.

Eielson
1/22/2011, 08:05 PM
Meh, 1 game for DUI seems to be what the precedent is nationwide. Jefferson who knows. Not sure what that charge entails but I'd guess he gets nothing.

by soonerman77

It's stupid...but honestly, it's probably not nearly as far off as any of us want to admit.

AlboSooner
1/22/2011, 08:12 PM
It's sad for their own sake.

cccasooner2
1/22/2011, 08:17 PM

by soonerman77

Rumor has it that Gundy at OSU has initiated a zero game suspension policy for similar infractions. However, they will be barred from any practice sessions.

CowboyMRW
1/22/2011, 08:19 PM
Rumor has it that Gundy at OSU has initiated a zero game suspension policy for similar infractions. However, they will be barred from any practice sessions.

Blackmon had a similiar thing pop up during the year in case you were in the dark and he was gone for a game.

Not sure where you're going with this :confused: :confused:

MR2-Sooner86
1/22/2011, 08:28 PM
I'd either kick them off the team or make them chug beers and do sprints in the middle of July.

Probably why I'm not a coach.

cccasooner2
1/22/2011, 08:29 PM
Blackmon had a similiar thing pop up during the year in case you were in the dark and he was gone for a game.

Not sure where you're going with this :confused: :confused:

MG, OSU is the trend setter, I think being able to play without practicing shows real innovation.

caseysooner
1/22/2011, 08:33 PM
What doosh cop actually writes them up? How about they park their car and he drives them back home. Must be an osu fan, or just a doosh.

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 08:46 PM

Depending on what happened, Jefferson may be guilty of disrespecting the law and acting like an *** toward police officers. That could point to a more serious punishment in the eyes of Stoops. You gotta' cooperate with the police.

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 08:49 PM

Sarcasm fueled by bitterness toward opposing coaches. We hack on Mack for easing up on players' misbehaviors, but Stoops is guilty of that as well as far as the fans of other teams is concerned. I think all coaches, with few exceptions, tend to give out lenient sentences in the eyes of opposing fans. Right now there are probably Horn fans claiming that Stoops will do nothing because he always looks the other way, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 08:50 PM
What doosh cop actually writes them up? How about they park their car and he drives them back home. Must be an osu fan, or just a doosh.

Or doing his job?

SOONER STEAKER
1/22/2011, 08:59 PM
What a way to start the semester guys. Stoops will be on the war-pathe and get the kids attention immediately. One game suspension should be enough, as long as they have learned their lessons by FSU.

CBUS_SOONER
1/22/2011, 09:06 PM

or just doing hid job

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 09:06 PM
not to excuse Stills at all, but isnt the law that if you are underage and you have ANY alcohol in you (like a .02 BAC for instance), you get a DUI?

just wonderin.... :pop:

Any BAC is a DUI for under 21,Auto suspension for 2 years or until they reach 21, so it could be longer.Plus the DUI school, Plus the VIP. they gonna be out some money an a lot of time.
The Law has gotten hard on all DUIs Stoops dont have to hit em much harder.

A 1 game suspension is ample

CBUS_SOONER
1/22/2011, 09:07 PM
sorry leroy didn't see your post. great minds think alike

CowboyMRW
1/22/2011, 09:13 PM

Just doing his job :D

oubose
1/22/2011, 09:16 PM
Just logged on didn't need to read this! ***k!

OU-HSV
1/22/2011, 09:17 PM
Freakin great. That's not the way to start offseason. Hopefully they get enough of an *** chewing and discipline to keep them out of any future trouble.

CowboyMRW
1/22/2011, 09:22 PM
Freakin great. That's not the way to start offseason. Hopefully they get enough of an *** chewing and discipline to keep them out of any future trouble.

I doubt you hear of them getting in any more trouble. Most kids that are trouble, you hear about it in HS, but I never heard of anything bad about these kids from when they were in HS

OU-HSV
1/22/2011, 09:22 PM
And it's hit ESPN as expected...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6049329

SoCaliSooner
1/22/2011, 09:23 PM
Isn't the DUI kid one with a ****load of tat's?

Send his *** packing...

Jason
1/22/2011, 09:30 PM

Send his *** packing...

Calm yourself. Sending him packing isn't going to solve the problem. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson. If not, I'm sure the coaches will motivate him.

cccasooner2
1/22/2011, 09:32 PM
And it's hit ESPN as expected...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6049329

Crap, now we're toast.

CowboyMRW
1/22/2011, 09:32 PM

Send his *** packing...

So because of tattoo's you want him to get kicked out. That's crazy. Just because he has tats doesn't make him a thug. People get them for different reasons, don't judge if you don't know him personally.

SoCaliSooner
1/22/2011, 09:35 PM
So because of tattoo's you want him to get kicked out. That's crazy. Just because he has tats doesn't make him a thug. People get them for different reasons, don't judge if you don't know him personally.

I've been right about every tatted up thug wannabe on the mens basketball team.

He has wannabe SoCal gangster tat's. So he's a wannabe a$$hole or a real a$$hole...either way...I'm right.

Jason
1/22/2011, 09:38 PM

He has wannabe SoCal gangster tat's. So he's a wannabe a$$hole or a real a$$hole...either way...I'm right.

He's a wannabe gangsta because he has tats and got a DUI? :confused:

SoCaliSooner
1/22/2011, 09:41 PM
He's a wannabe gangsta because he has tats and got a DUI? :confused:
He's an a$$hole....is what I said.

He has wannabe gangster tat's...

MyT Oklahoma
1/22/2011, 09:43 PM

^^ This.

I was young once too and didn't walk on water. However, I didn't have to answer to a college football coach.

I trust Stoops will do what he thinks is best with them though.

CrimsonRez
1/22/2011, 09:45 PM

He's from California, he's just representing his state, get the stick out of your ***.

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 09:46 PM

Hey Dean, Aint Player bashin a bainable offense?

sperry
1/22/2011, 09:46 PM
And we're off to an early lead in the Fulmer cup.

I still can't believe how dumb I was in college, and evidently these two are no exception.

SoCaliSooner
1/22/2011, 09:51 PM
Hey Dean, Aint Player bashin a bainable offense?

A kid gets a DUI...and another interferes with police business.

Coming from a cop family, that would put them in the a$$hole category....no matter who they play for.

HBick
1/22/2011, 09:58 PM
Well I feel like I should interject my opinion because I saw both of them last night at about 11PM. I'm not going to get into details because they have enough on their plates at the moment.

I will say this, his FB pictures had pictures of them drinking with different girls I know and they were tagged. I wasn't even his friend on FB but eventually some journalist will figure it out and pick a program (I'm praying it's not OU) and all it takes is one person who is in pictures with them drinking for this example because they are underage.

It's a sad deal, and you don't wish it upon any player, let alone two with as bright a future as they have on the gridiron. But hopefully it's lesson learned and this won't happen again.

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 10:00 PM

Coming from a cop family, that would put them in the a$$hole category....no matter who they play for.

Key word there Einstein , KID. If it were yer Kid would you kick em out the house? send em to Juvenile hall fer ever?
Like I said the Law is going to deal pretty Hard with em , Stoops just needs to make sure that they dont repeat and have their heads in the Game.

To get a DUI here all a KID has to do is a SIP of beer and a COP smell it on em .

sooner518
1/22/2011, 10:00 PM

Send his *** packing...

I would estimate 75% of our team has tattoos. Youre an idiot.

rekamrettuB
1/22/2011, 10:02 PM
**** Facebook in the face!

SoCaliSooner
1/22/2011, 10:06 PM
Key word there Einstein , KID. If it were yer Kid would you kick em out the house? send em to Juvenile hall fer ever?
Like I said the Law is going to deal pretty Hard with em , Stoops just needs to make sure that they dont repeat and have their heads in the Game.

To get a DUI here all a KID has to do is a SIP of beer and a COP smell it on em .

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/arresting-tales/assets_c/2010/02/Dusty%20Dvoracek-thumb-autox379-71518.jpg

"Everybody's doin' it...bro"

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 10:09 PM

Well good for your family. I hate pigs and that's what cops are. If you ask me the cop was lucky if either of these two superstars looked the loser cops in the eye.

SoCaliSooner
1/22/2011, 10:11 PM
Well good for your family. I hate pigs and that's what cops are. If you ask me the cop was lucky if either of these two superstars looked the loser cops in the eye.

Sure...because these guys will make it in the NFL..be out of the league in five years and broke within 7....

The cop will still have his income....

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 10:12 PM

Do we need to dive this low? A couple of players broke the law and got busted. They will be punished by both the law and the team. What else needs to be said?

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 10:15 PM
Do we need to dive this low? A couple of players broke the law and got busted. They will be punished by both the law and the team. What else needs to be said?

Well it sounds to me as if the interference charges are a bit of a stretch at best but who am I to get between a cop and his ego.

Suspend Stills a game and let's move on.

It's all good.

yermom
1/22/2011, 10:16 PM
Any BAC is a DUI for under 21,Auto suspension for 2 years or until they reach 21, so it could be longer.Plus the DUI school, Plus the VIP. they gonna be out some money an a lot of time.
The Law has gotten hard on all DUIs Stoops dont have to hit em much harder.

A 1 game suspension is ample

if he got a DUI for .02 or something, i'll agree with you.

but for the most part DUI is a big deal, and i'm without a father 20 or so years ago and a truck a month ago because someone decided they should drive when plowed.

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/arresting-tales/assets_c/2010/02/Dusty%20Dvoracek-thumb-autox379-71518.jpg

"Everybody's doin' it...bro"

I would estimate 75% of our team has tattoos. Youre an idiot.

I have to agree with 518. You are about the biggest idiot to come along in a while :rolleyes:

Big D Sooner
1/22/2011, 10:19 PM
I don't think tats and one stupid mistake like this automatically makes him a thug. He may not be a choir boy but, damn, give the kid a chance. Maybe he learns from this. The coaches (and the large support staff) seems to do a good job at teaching guys responsibility and helping them grow as people, not just football players. I also think that this team has some good leaders that can help the younger guys out.

I used to tutor for the athletic department and I got to know some of the guys. There are some thugs, especially when they first get to campus, but alot of them mature during college... christ, this guy is 18 and before this he probably thought he was invicible. I bet he gets the message now.

Aldebaran
1/22/2011, 10:19 PM
Some people troll. Some people get trolled.

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 10:23 PM

but for the most part DUI is a big deal, and i'm without a father 20 or so years ago and a truck a month ago because someone decided they should drive when plowed.

I've never met someone considered "plowed" blowing under .08

yermom
1/22/2011, 10:27 PM
there has to be a limit somewhere, and it probably takes less than that to make bad decisions driving.

enough people are idiots behind the wheel when sober.

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 10:27 PM

Dave, Im not defending the Kids choice to drive, Just sayin it could be that simple. Regardless, the courts will deal pretty harsh with him. All im saying is a 1 game is enough . Now if he pulls a Vet and keeps this shat up then he needs to be gone.

Im thankfull every day that I never hurt anyone . If ive even thot of having a beer i wont go near a car or truck ;)

yermom
1/22/2011, 10:29 PM
it just seems to be a trend. and maybe some kids deserve a second chance, but they are constantly seeing other players get them so they know they can get away with it at least once. that's not a good message to send.

besides, drinking at all in public is pretty risky at OU. you get busted three times and you are done, right?

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 10:32 PM
So now tatoos are a judgement of a kid's character? Don't ever move to the east or west coast. They are the norm here.

BTW, have they been convicted yet?

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 10:35 PM
it just seems to be a trend. and maybe some kids deserve a second chance, but they are constantly seeing other players get them so they know they can get away with it at least once. that's not a good message to send.

besides, drinking at all in public is pretty risky at OU. you get busted three times and you are done, right?

Bro, With all the Bucks hes gonna be out plus the DUI school and stuff hes gonna have to thru, And you know hes gonna get slammed by Stoops so a 1 game suspension should do it .

You know as well as i that every Generation has to learn for themselves that the stove is hot.

SoonerLB
1/22/2011, 10:36 PM
2 college kids doing what a lot of other college kids do, and then not using common sense. No one here is a judge, so no use getting all stirred up over it. They will have to pay the price, and then pay Bob's price, so everyone just simmer down, conjecture and accusations here solve nothing!
I hope that they and the rest of the team learn a lesson from this mistake. I'm sure it has been pounded in their heads to not be in these situations, but we all know how teenagers listen.

Big D Sooner
1/22/2011, 10:38 PM
If he stays clean, this shouldn't cost him in the long run when it comes to the NFL. He has plenty of time to make people forget.

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 10:40 PM
If he stays clean, this shouldn't cost him in the long run when it comes to the NFL. He has plenty of time to make people forget.

Let me get this straight. He blew under a .08 correct? And because of some stupid law he gets a DUI because he's younger.

The NFL won't even care.

It's like a 3rd degree misdemeanor IF HE IS CONVICTED.

Cops aren't the judge, jury, and executioner last I checked.

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 10:41 PM
2 college kids doing what a lot of other college kids do, and then not using common sense. No one here is a judge, so no use getting all stirred up over it. They will have to pay the price, and then pay Bob's price, so everyone just simmer down, conjecture and accusations here solve nothing!
I hope that they and the rest of the team learn a lesson from this mistake. I'm sure it has been pounded in their heads to not be in these situations, but we all know how teenagers listen.

What I been sayin ;)

yermom
1/22/2011, 10:42 PM
Let me get this straight. He blew under a .08 correct? And because of some stupid law he gets a DUI because he's younger.

The NFL won't even care.

It's like a 3rd degree misdemeanor IF HE IS CONVICTED.

Cops aren't the judge, jury, and executioner last I checked.

i've yet to hear what he blew. i the whole underage thing is another story.

but yeah, this and the NFL probably don't need to be mentioned together. i don't think any dogs were harmed.

Big D Sooner
1/22/2011, 10:44 PM

but yeah, this and the NFL probably don't need to be mentioned together. i don't think any dogs were harmed.

That was the exact point that I was trying to make.

gaylordfan1
1/22/2011, 10:45 PM

Send his *** packing...

So, I take it you don't like tattoo's? I didn't know by having a tattoo of the state your from makes you a thug. Maybe he is proud of his home state. Just saying. These days its pretty difficult to find anyone under 30 without one. I have about 25% of my body covered in ink with most of them visible in a t-shirt. I also work in the medical field.... and I get nothing but compliments especially from little old ladies :D . Stereotyping is wrong, and categorizing this kid as a thug because he has them and happened to get a DUI is absurd. People make mistakes, especially young adults.

Now, on whether or not these kids will receive a game suspension.... It's too early to tell. A one game suspension is probable and most likely with Stoops. With its timing being so far from the beginning of the season I can also see this all being handled internally. This gives Stoops a long time to punish them in the weight room and with Schmitty. But, I agree with whatever the coaches determine as adequate.

Big D Sooner
1/22/2011, 10:57 PM
I have about 25% of my body covered in ink with most of them visible in a t-shirt.

You have tattoos so, by working in the medical field, you must mean selling weed. Criminal.

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 11:00 PM
You have tattoos so, by working in the medical field, you must mean selling weed. Criminal.

LMFAO.

Must be in a biker gang too.

gaylordfan1
1/22/2011, 11:03 PM
These are all lies..... Slander I say!

OUthunder
1/22/2011, 11:07 PM
this thread sucks.

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 11:07 PM

Besides, the onslaught of psycho Horns has jaded the NFL towards such things. A DUI is nothing as far as the NFL is concerned. Thanks to Texas, they just want the players to pass a Rorschach test.

Al Gore
1/22/2011, 11:08 PM

Ban this idiot for bashing players....

stoopified
1/22/2011, 11:13 PM
yeah, the cops were laying in wait last night as i was leaving O'Connell's

maybe i should have tweeted those guys :rolleyes:

Stoops does need to do something more severe about DUIs at some point. players apparently aren't getting the message. You should have taken their keys and drove them home.

CrimsonRez
1/22/2011, 11:28 PM
So just cause a guy makes a mistake and get's a DUI means he's a thug and should be kicked off the team? Well **** maybe we should kick everyone in the University that has ever had a record, I'd be willing to bet we lose roughly 500-1000 if you wanna count traffic tickets probably way more :D

tulsaoilerfan
1/22/2011, 11:33 PM
So how many of u in this thread have never driven after having even one drink? Yeah, that's what i thought

Big D Sooner
1/22/2011, 11:48 PM
Who stops at one drink?

GDC
1/22/2011, 11:49 PM
This is yet another reason why they should have left O'Connells across the street from the athletic dorms.

LoveDemSooners
1/22/2011, 11:53 PM
Kids make mistakes...next year we will have forgot this ever happened

Rocko
1/22/2011, 11:57 PM
Mugs are up, oh wait ^

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 11:59 PM
So, I take it you don't like tattoo's? I didn't know by having a tattoo of the state your from makes you a thug.

It does give one that fresh "just out of prison" or "getting ready to go to prison" look.

gaylordfan1
1/23/2011, 12:04 AM
It does give one that fresh "just out of prison" or "getting ready to go to prison" look.

So, I take it you don't like prison or prisoners?

sperry
1/23/2011, 12:05 AM
Tattoos are incredibly trashy.

Easting
1/23/2011, 12:09 AM
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/477_son_i_am_disappoint.gif

SoonerNate
1/23/2011, 12:10 AM
LMAO @ all the folks that expect college kids not to drink. Some of these studs are from halfway across the country and come to Norman, OK (a completely different culture). What the hell do we expect them to do on a weekend? They're just kids.

BoulderSooner79
1/23/2011, 12:11 AM

My wife has a few tats, but I guess I'll have to dump her trashy a**. Seems a shame after 37 years of marriage.

sooner518
1/23/2011, 12:19 AM
My wife has a few tats, but I guess I'll have to dump her trashy a**. Seems a shame after 37 years of marriage.

she's probably got a bunch of DUI's doesnt she?

85sooners
1/23/2011, 12:24 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ictsooner7
1/23/2011, 12:41 AM
so..........................let just use SEC standards where dui and mip are not as bas as your daddy pimping you out.

SoonerMom2
1/23/2011, 12:51 AM
LMAO @ all the folks that expect college kids not to drink. Some of these studs are from halfway across the country and come to Norman, OK (a completely different culture). What the hell do we expect them to do on a weekend? They're just kids.

Think it is dumb not to expect them to drink and think the drinking age should be 18 not 21. There is absolutely zero reason for the drinking age to be 21. But then I am one of these that doesn't see why 6% beer and wine cannot be sold in the grocery store or Oklahoma wine sold outside the state.

soonergirlNeugene
1/23/2011, 01:28 AM
Well I guess this will teach us to take a quiet offseason for granted. :rolleyes:

Dwight
1/23/2011, 01:29 AM
Seems standard to be suspended 1 game. I'm content with that. If FSU wasn't the second game of the year I'd be fine with a 2 game suspension, but FSU is important :cool:

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 01:48 AM

Who you callin' trashy?!?!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XuJuckiofe8/Sk3LnlajkBI/AAAAAAAAAjY/sbDZfAioR3g/s320/56+tats.jpg

gaylordfan1
1/23/2011, 01:51 AM
Oh, someone has to post the pick of the upside down longhorn tramp stamp.

gaylordfan1
1/23/2011, 01:55 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_K3J7kTLC0Go/RsOli4A6ElI/AAAAAAAAAFc/7gTMdxWKjCg/s400/outrampstamp.jpg

Nice!

sooner59
1/23/2011, 02:00 AM
This is off topic, but it is sad that you only have to be 18 to die for your country, but you have to be 21 to try a sip of beer. God bless America.

gaylordfan1
1/23/2011, 02:03 AM
Legally yes, but obviously not always the case. I totally agree though.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 02:15 AM
Yeah, respectably, most places will serve you with a military ID....though technically its illegal.

On a side note, I have a tatt, so SoCal can **** off, dip****.

His stupid *** would be shocked at how many doctors, lawyers, business men, and yes....even men of the cloth have tatts. I have met many of of them who do. So quick to judge. In fact I have met many cops with tatts, so what does that say about your dumb*** argument?

Widescreen
1/23/2011, 02:25 AM
This is off topic, but it is sad that you only have to be 18 to die for your country, but you have to be 21 to try a sip of beer. God bless America.

Yes, it's off topic.

Underage drinking <<<<<<<< driving drunk

yermom
1/23/2011, 02:27 AM

yep.

but 18 year olds don't write checks or vote, so it doesn't matter

CowboyMRW
1/23/2011, 02:33 AM
yep.

I voted when I was 18. Not sure what you mean

sooner59
1/23/2011, 02:33 AM
yep.

Hey! I wrote checks and voted at 18. I'm an American. :cool:

SanJoaquinSooner
1/23/2011, 02:37 AM
Be tough -- suspend them for all two-a-days!

yermom
1/23/2011, 02:38 AM
I voted when I was 18. Not sure what you mean

as a demographic they don't. they have no political power, otherwise their government wouldn't treat them as secondary citizens, despite being adults

yermom
1/23/2011, 02:38 AM
Hey! I wrote checks and voted at 18. I'm an American. :cool:

not enough of those checks went to your congressman :D

sooner59
1/23/2011, 02:44 AM
not enough of those checks went to your congressman :D

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have bought all those video games, cds, movies, and condoms. Should have just mailed those checks to Congress and bribed them to get beer. :(

Then again, it was readily available for anyone under 21, so what was the difference? :D

sooner59
1/23/2011, 02:48 AM
Yes, it's off topic.

Underage drinking <<<<<<<< driving drunk

I agree. But if the drinking age were 18, he may have not even gotten the DUI. That was my point. We don't know his blood alcohol level, so that is impossible to know for sure. But in some cases, this is true.

And DUI (driving under the influence) does not necessarily mean driving drunk.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 03:08 AM
This is off topic, but it is sad that you only have to be 18 to die for your country, but you have to be 21 to try a sip of beer.

Since I'm over 21 I think both are good laws.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 03:17 AM
I am well over 21 also. However, if they made it legal for those serving in the military to legally be able to consume and buy alcohol...that would at least be justice. Splitting hairs since that is basically how it is now, just not officially. But without that legally in place, this is where we stand and it isn't right. It is an insult to military personnel. And morally wrong to forbid alcohol while welcoming machine guns and grenades in a military action. Go ahead and disagree.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 03:35 AM
I am well over 21 also. However, if they made it legal for those serving in the military to legally be able to consume and buy alcohol...that would at least be justice. Splitting hairs since that is basically how it is now, just not officially. But without that legally in place, this is where we stand and it isn't right. It is an insult to military personnel.

I think our society places way too much emphasis on being able to drink booze. But I'll sit on the fence on this one.

And morally wrong to forbid alcohol while welcoming machine guns and grenades in a military action.

Not sure how interpret that.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 03:51 AM
Then you must be drunk. I said it is morally wrong to forbid alcohol while encouraging machine gun and grenade use against others in a military action. Not much to misinterpret. I think the ability to drink booze is inconsequential. It is simply a right that is denied while death in the name of your country is accepted at a certain age. Makes perfect sense.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 04:03 AM
Then you must be drunk. I said it is morally wrong to forbid alcohol while encouraging machine gun and grenade use against others in a military action. Not much to misinterpret. I think the ability to drink booze is inconsequential. It is simply a right that is denied while death in the name of your country is accepted at a certain age. Makes perfect sense.

Allowing soldiers to drink at a young age is probably not in the best interest of the military. When it comes to military matters, it's what is best for the organization, not the individual.

But again, I can live with it either way. If generals wanted to lower the drinking age for soldiers, they would probably have done so already.

And there was no need to get nasty about it.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 04:22 AM
Allowing soldiers to drink at a young age is probably not in the best interest of the military. When it comes to military matters, it's what is best for the organization, not the individual.

But again, I can live with it either way. If generals wanted to lower the drinking age for soldiers, they would probably have done so already.

I love Democracy. ;)

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 04:25 AM
I love Democracy. ;)

Sorry, I didn't think we were talking about French soldiers here. I thought we were talking about U.S. soldiers. The last time I looked, the U.S. military was not a democracy... not in the slightest.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 04:31 AM
I guess that's true. Another reason I respect the hell out of soldiers.

SoonerNate
1/23/2011, 04:51 AM
as a demographic they don't. they have no political power, otherwise their government wouldn't treat them as secondary citizens, despite being adults

They didn't used to. Unfortunately, MTV talked them into voting in 2008 and look what we got.

romanvandal
1/23/2011, 05:50 AM
The only difference between me drinking at twenty and now at twenty one is that I'm smart enough to not drive.

AlbqSooner
1/23/2011, 07:33 AM

The military does (or certainly used to) allow 18-21 year olds to consume alcohol. On a military base the enlisted men's club (and at the bowling alley on Tinker AFB) we were allowed to purchase and consume beverages with our military ID. State law prevailed off base, of course, but generals had allowed it already at that time.

Anyone know if this is still true?

swardboy
1/23/2011, 07:55 AM

18 years old + deadly arms = scary thought....please don't add alcohol to the mix imho.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/23/2011, 10:03 AM
I'm not calling Stills any names he made a mistake, but I didn't call Blackmon any names for his mistakes either.

This...When players from another team get in trouble, I don't say anything about them..I think player-trouble smack is dumb, especially any coming from our fans

Doged
1/23/2011, 10:13 AM
The military does (or certainly used to) allow 18-21 year olds to consume alcohol. On a military base the enlisted men's club (and at the bowling alley on Tinker AFB) we were allowed to purchase and consume beverages with our military ID. State law prevailed off base, of course, but generals had allowed it already at that time.

Don't know about now, but that was the way it worked when I was in.

texaspokieokie
1/23/2011, 10:25 AM
Think it is dumb not to expect them to drink and think the drinking age should be 18 not 21. There is absolutely zero reason for the drinking age to be 21. But then I am one of these that doesn't see why 6% beer and wine cannot be sold in the grocery store or Oklahoma wine sold outside the state.

don't get Olevet started on 6% beer.

Shakadoodoo
1/23/2011, 10:34 AM
18 years old + deadly arms = scary thought....please don't add alcohol to the mix imho.

Sounds like the local high school!

Shakadoodoo
1/23/2011, 10:39 AM
The good thing about being a football player.... everybody knows you. The bad thing about being a football player..... everybody knows you.
Coach Abel told us that if you ever get in trouble that the dumbest thing that you could do is tell the police you wrestle for OU because then the whole world would know about in the next morning. Football players do not have this luxury!

jumperstop
1/23/2011, 10:39 AM
This sucks, our players are stupid sometimes. Should the punishment be more than one game? Yes. Will it? No. I just think it's dumb that these guys get of without anything, but if this happened to anyone else they would be in real big trouble. Not saying I want them to not play, but there is such a double standard in society. Football players can get away with anything, dui, rape, even murder...kinda sad. Stoops normally doesn't look foolish giving his guys second chances though.

Shakadoodoo
1/23/2011, 10:46 AM
This sucks, our players are stupid sometimes. Should the punishment be more than one game? Yes. Will it? No. I just think it's dumb that these guys get of without anything, but if this happened to anyone else they would be in real big trouble. Not saying I want them to not play, but there is such a double standard in society. Football players can get away with anything, dui, rape, even murder...kinda sad. Stoops normally doesn't look foolish giving his guys second chances though.

They better not get in trouble again but game suspensions is crazy at this point - theres all kind of punishments they could have instead of that. If it happens twice that is a different story. Most of those college kids are drinking - Most were drinking well before they got to college. Seasons over -No Practice right now...... Sh#t happens - (off season is the scariest times for many coaches for sure!)

Jason Alexander
1/23/2011, 10:48 AM
What an atrocity! ESPN undermined the number of yards Stills caught for this past season.

Harry Beanbag
1/23/2011, 10:50 AM

It wasn't like that any longer in the mid '90's. Had to be 21 everywhere, and if you got caught drinking underage your career was basically over before it started.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 11:39 AM

Limptard yer a dumas.
You can drink if yer in the military at 18 If you are on base. Step off and its a No go.:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 11:41 AM
don't get Olevet started on 6% beer.

Find me some "6% " beer thats is a common domestic.:rolleyes:

texaspokieokie
1/23/2011, 11:43 AM
see, it's too late !!!

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 11:46 AM
see, it's too late !!!

:P

texaspokieokie
1/23/2011, 11:47 AM
:D to me, beer is beer is good.

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, respectably, most places will serve you with a military ID....though technically its illegal.

His stupid *** would be shocked at how many doctors, lawyers, business men, and yes....even men of the cloth have tatts. I have met many of of them who do. So quick to judge. In fact I have met many cops with tatts, so what does that say about your dumb*** argument?
I said he has wannabe gangster tat sleeves down his arms. Clearly identifiable by any SoCal law enforcement. It's not uncommon for kids to get tats like this for street cred yet can always deny any affiliation when asked/ So basically they play both sides.

Is that what this kid is doing? Who knows? He did break the law and there was some type of confrontation when asked to face the consequences and he and his pal got arrested.

I am sure if it was a longhorn or poke there would be a much different tone from all these guys public defenders..

AlbqSooner
1/23/2011, 12:18 PM
I am sure if it was a longhorn or poke there would be a much different tone from all these guys public defenders..

Actually I was always a PRIVATE defender. And I have not called for the head of any player who gets into somewhat minor trouble.

I Am Right
1/23/2011, 12:30 PM
idiots

101sooner
1/23/2011, 12:32 PM
State law applies on military posts for drinking age. I don't remember when that changed, but if the law off post is 21, then it's 21 on post.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/101510p.pdf

The minimum drinking age on a DoD installation located in a State (including the District of Columbia) shall be consistent with the age established by the law of that State as the State minimum drinking age. Minimum drinking age means the minimum age established for persons who may purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages

picasso
1/23/2011, 12:32 PM

Where have you been lately? You've just discovered tattoo's are mainstream.:rolleyes:

85sooners
1/23/2011, 12:35 PM
I said he has wannabe gangster tat sleeves down his arms. Clearly identifiable by any SoCal law enforcement. It's not uncommon for kids to get tats like this for street cred yet can always deny any affiliation when asked/ So basically they play both sides.

Is that what this kid is doing? Who knows? He did break the law and there was some type of confrontation when asked to face the consequences and he and his pal got arrested.

I am sure if it was a longhorn or poke there would be a much different tone from all these guys public defenders..well hell get the lynch mob together and lets have a hanging!!!!!we will teach them not to drink or have tatts:rolleyes:

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 12:39 PM
Actually I was always a PRIVATE defender. And I have not called for the head of any player who gets into somewhat minor trouble.
I've seen this place go after Sergio Kindle and Justin Blackmon got arrested. People were insinuating Blackmon was getting paid, etc....

85sooners
1/23/2011, 12:41 PM
I've seen this place go after Sergio Kindle and Justin Blackmon got arrested. People were insinuating Blackmon was getting paid, etc.... you seen nothing !!!!!

picasso
1/23/2011, 12:45 PM
I've seen this place go after Sergio Kindle and Justin Blackmon got arrested. People were insinuating Blackmon was getting paid, etc....

Kindle drove his car into a building. A non-moving building at that.

Yeah, glass houses but that was stupid and shady in any book.

delhalew
1/23/2011, 12:48 PM
It's not as if he ran into somebody's house. Everybody calm down a little. For one of the top three mega programs, we have remarkably few of these incidents.

Between the law and Bob, I feel that these boys will get it together.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 01:02 PM
State law applies on military posts for drinking age. I don't remember when that changed, but if the law off post is 21, then it's 21 on post.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/101510p.pdf

The minimum drinking age on a DoD installation located in a State (including the District of Columbia) shall be consistent with the age established by the law of that State as the State minimum drinking age. Minimum drinking age means the minimum age established for persons who may purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages

Heh, olevet. Heh.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 01:03 PM
It's not as if he ran into somebody's house. Everybody calm down a little. For one of the top three mega programs, we have remarkably few of these incidents.

Between the law and Bob, I feel that these boys will get it together.

If this is the worst, we'll be okay. Just about every program has a couple of players get into minor trouble now and then. Certainly none of our rivals can say much.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 01:33 PM
Heh, olevet. Heh.

Heh, Things change in 43 years

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 01:41 PM
Heh, Things change in 43 years so I'm the one that was the dumass. Sorry about that Limptard.

FIFY

sappstuf
1/23/2011, 01:42 PM

The only place military personnel underage can drink is in foreign countries that the law says 18 year olds can drink. If the country has no law, up until about 3 years ago it was up to the Commanding Officer to make the choice. That is no longer the case and if there is no local law, the the minimum age to drink is 21.*

Of course in the vast, vast majority of other countries they could care less how old you are and can and will be served at just about any bar. But if they are caught then they will be brought up on UCMJ charges.

*This is the Navy instruction, not sure if the other services are different.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 01:53 PM
Im Fantasizing,

FIFY;)

kiomanche
1/23/2011, 01:57 PM

Yeah! "you boys park the car and let me drive you home" just think if that would have happened and the media got a hold of it?:eek: :eek:

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 02:06 PM
Certainly these guys could have called someone on the team, an equipment manager, or tutor, to come pick them up? This seems like sheer stupidity on the player's parts.

Whatever Stoops thinks they should get is none of my business and OK with me.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 02:10 PM
Certainly these guys could have called someone on the team, an equipment manager, or tutor, to come pick them up?

That's pretty much true of every DUI case ever recorded. The inebriated typically don't think they are very drunk and don't think they will get pulled over.

BTW, if I'm the equipment manager or tutor, would they pick me up if I was drunk and needed a ride?

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 02:13 PM
That's pretty much true of every DUI case ever recorded. The inebriated typically don't think they are very drunk and don't think they will get pulled over.

I grew up with a drunk, so yeah, I know how they think. But as two OU football players, you can't tell me that they didn't have even better and more resources than the normal person. Especially, two of the teams best players.

Just stupidity from a couple of teenagers....

Rocko
1/23/2011, 02:14 PM
Certainly these guys could have called someone on the team, an equipment manager, or tutor, to come pick them up? This seems like sheer stupidity on the player's parts.

Whatever Stoops thinks they should get is none of my business and OK with me.

Tutors are other students at OU, and are strictly allowed to communicate with athletes while tutoring them.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 02:16 PM
I grew up with a drunk, so yeah, I know how they think. But as two OU football players, you can't tell me that they didn't have even better and more resources than the normal person. Especially, two of the teams best players.

Just stupidity from a couple of teenagers....

If this was late at night, I'm not calling a coach. He would be pissed if I dragged him away from his family to pick me up, especially if I'm underage drinking. The equipment manager and tutor aren't going to give me the time of day. About the only ones I can call are some of my fellow players or friends. That's pretty much the same for all students, although players have more friends than usual.

KantoSooner
1/23/2011, 02:28 PM
Now, here's an interesting point: my daughter is in the process of applying to OU and, during the orientation and tour they must have repeated 4-5 times that OU operates a pick-up-and-drive-home service that is strictly no questions asked. Apparently the admin feels that they'd rather face allegations of being lax than having kids drive into bridge abutments. And this service, they stressed, is good throughout the OKC/Norman area; meaning you can be in Bricktown, partying, and call for a ride if you lose track of the tequila shots.
I think this sounds like a very, very smart program. I don't want my daughter to drink herself legless; but if she does, I want her to have an easy, safe way to get home.
Seems like a number I would have kept in my wallet when I was in school.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/23/2011, 02:35 PM
It is asinine to drink and drive in today's world. With cell phones and facebook, it is stupid not to call someone. I mean let's say he called Bob Stoops or Josh Heupel. Yes, they would be pissed because they had to get up but I can guarantee you that they wouldn't be as pissed as they are all right now with a DUI charge. EVERYONE has someone out there who is sober who will come get them. We will be pissed but we WILL do it.

Soonermagik
1/23/2011, 02:36 PM
Heh, Things change in 43 years

Holy balls, you're old. :P

OU Engineer
1/23/2011, 02:42 PM
its easy to say they were stupid for not calling someone to pick them up, but dont forget these are 19 year old kids who still think theyre invincible.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/23/2011, 02:47 PM
Oh I understand that but we really need to start stressing that message to everyone. You are an idiot jackass if you don't call someone. Plus doing anything illegal in Norman is stupid, because Norman PD isn't exactly non douchy.

prrriiide
1/23/2011, 02:57 PM
I would like to see someone compare the % of football players that get hung up on a DUI/MIP vs the % of OU students as a whole that get charged with DUI/MIP. If the % is lower than average for the football team, then a whole group of holier-than-thou people get to drink a big ol' cup of STFU.

olevetonahill
1/23/2011, 03:15 PM
Holy balls, you're old. :P

Only the good die young ;)

soonergirlNeugene
1/23/2011, 03:17 PM
What puzzles me is that I bet about half the damn state would be willing to have given those guys a ride. You'd think someone on campus could collect a list of phone numbers to call for them.

TahoeSOONER
1/23/2011, 03:22 PM
People do dumb **** when they get ****ed up

MR2-Sooner86
1/23/2011, 03:23 PM
Now, here's an interesting point: my daughter is in the process of applying to OU and, during the orientation and tour they must have repeated 4-5 times that OU operates a pick-up-and-drive-home service that is strictly no questions asked. Apparently the admin feels that they'd rather face allegations of being lax than having kids drive into bridge abutments. And this service, they stressed, is good throughout the OKC/Norman area; meaning you can be in Bricktown, partying, and call for a ride if you lose track of the tequila shots.
I think this sounds like a very, very smart program. I don't want my daughter to drink herself legless; but if she does, I want her to have an easy, safe way to get home.
Seems like a number I would have kept in my wallet when I was in school.

Most students don't like programs like this because they don't trust it. They are scared the cops will get called and charges filed against them. Anyway, that's the excuses I've heard about this sort of thing.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 03:43 PM
its easy to say they were stupid for not calling someone to pick them up, but dont forget these are 19 year old kids who still think theyre invincible.

No, they just don't think they're so drunk that they can't drive home and make it without being pulled over. It's no different than speeding on the freeway; we don't think we'll be caught or our speeding is going to actually cause an accident.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 03:46 PM
What puzzles me is that I bet about half the damn state would be willing to have given those guys a ride. You'd think someone on campus could collect a list of phone numbers to call for them.

It isn't necessarily that simple. You've had a few, but "you're okay." But maybe I should call someone to pick me up. But what do I do about my car? How do I come get it, and are they going to tow it?

Sure, if the bar is local this isn't going to be too bad, as you can probably get a ride the next day. But being stuck at home while your car sits in OKC is no fun, especially if you're not sure it's still there.

soonergirlNeugene
1/23/2011, 03:51 PM
Ya know, even though my bf hates football I'm pretty sure I could convince him to ride over with me to pick the guy up so one of us could drive his car home.

sooner59
1/23/2011, 03:53 PM
Ya know, even though my bf hates football I'm pretty sure I could convince him to ride over with me to pick the guy up so one of us could drive his car home.

My condolences. :(

soonergirlNeugene
1/23/2011, 03:56 PM
My condolences. :(

Ya it's kind of a strange role reversal at our place. When he moved in we had to have "the talk" about Saturdays during football season.

85sooners
1/23/2011, 03:57 PM
:eek:

:eek:

KantoSooner
1/23/2011, 03:58 PM
Most students don't like programs like this because they don't trust it. They are scared the cops will get called and charges filed against them. Anyway, that's the excuses I've heard about this sort of thing.

I can understand that, but in my kid's case, she fully realizes the crap she'd catch from the entire family if she was picked up for DUI. Get a ride, rent a hotel room (and bill it to me, if necessary), sleep over at a friend's. Just don't get behind the wheel drunk.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 04:10 PM

Call Kenny Stills some night and ask him to pick you up from OKC and give you a ride back. He might do it, but only if he's going to get some.

I have no idea why you would do this. I sure as Hell wouldn't pick his *** up from OKC because HE decided that HE wanted to drink when he wasn' supposed to. I sure as Hell wouldn't drag my wife along.

CowboyMRW
1/23/2011, 04:13 PM
People do dumb **** when they get ****ed up

Nice. Some Hangover quotes

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 04:23 PM
Ya it's kind of a strange role reversal at our place. When he moved in we had to have "the talk" about Saturdays during football season.
So he moved into your place...and doesn't like football. Sounds like you need to upgrade to a man.

soonergirlNeugene
1/23/2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the tip. What should I be looking for? A tattoo? ;)

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 04:31 PM
Call Kenny Stills some night and ask him to pick you up from OKC and give you a ride back. He might do it, but only if he's going to get some.

I have no idea why you would do this. I sure as Hell wouldn't pick his *** up from OKC because HE decided that HE wanted to drink when he wasn' supposed to. I sure as Hell wouldn't drag my wife along.

Because it's a nice thing to do. Hell, I'd do it for you too if I knew you. I think its called being a good person.

BusterRhymes86
1/23/2011, 04:31 PM

Is he into musicals?

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 04:43 PM
Because it's a nice thing to do. Hell, I'd do it for you too if I knew you. I think its called being a good person.

I would be willing to do it for A FRIEND to a point, but it had better not be a common occurrence or he can just walk the line for the nice officer.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 04:44 PM
Is he into soccer?

FIFY

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 04:46 PM
I would be willing to do it for A FRIEND to a point, but it had better not be a common occurrence or he can just walk the line for the nice officer.

Obviously. I've done it for folks from the neighborhood that I only know because our kids go to school together or cuz we serve on the HOA together. I agree that if it became a habit, I'd have to suggest getting help or calling a cab.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 04:52 PM
And I'm not doing it for anyone that wouldn't be willing to do it for me.

(So I guess that means I'm walking, right?)

yankee
1/23/2011, 04:58 PM

lolwut? I don't think I've EVER heard of anyone saying that about SafeRide. Do you go to OU? It is a very trustworthy thing OU's got going.

I can understand that, but in my kid's case, she fully realizes the crap she'd catch from the entire family if she was picked up for DUI. Get a ride, rent a hotel room (and bill it to me, if necessary), sleep over at a friend's. Just don't get behind the wheel drunk.

Saferide is awesome, and is very popular. It's a great program.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 05:02 PM
lolwut? I don't think I've EVER heard of anyone saying that about SafeRide. Do you go to OU? It is a very trustworthy thing OU's got going.

Yeah, I think the biggest problem with Safe Ride is that you have to leave your wheels behind. That would totally suck. I can certainly understand why people chance it instead.

85sooners
1/23/2011, 05:48 PM
/

JLEW1818
1/23/2011, 07:50 PM
both should be suspended for the season opener.

the end

oudivesherpa
1/23/2011, 08:32 PM
both should be suspended for the season opener.

the end

At least the first quarter.. Kinda like Okie lite.

JLEW1818
1/23/2011, 08:41 PM
give them a full game.

life is not hard. at all.

MI Sooner
1/23/2011, 09:49 PM
Find me some "6% " beer thats is a common domestic.:rolleyes:

Pretty sure that the 3.2% limit Oklahoma imposes is based on weight, too. That's roughly equivalent to 4% by volume since alcohol is less dense than the rest of what makes up beer. 4% ABV is stronger than most (maybe all) light beers, which is what most people I knew drank in college. Bud is relatively strong at 5% ABV, or 4% by weight.

Sooner_Tuf
1/23/2011, 09:54 PM

Well 59 I think if you read through his previous posts he is trying to tell us of all the white people in California he is by far the most scared. :D

Soonerjeepman
1/23/2011, 10:21 PM
So he moved into your place...and doesn't like football. Sounds like you need to upgrade to a man.

that's a good one....

85sooners
1/23/2011, 10:27 PM

:D

SoCaliSooner
1/23/2011, 10:33 PM
Well 59 I think if you read through his previous posts he is trying to tell us of all the white people in California he is by far the most scared. :D

I worked as a sheriff's deputy in L.A.County jail from the 9500 block to the high power SuperMax facility. I used to see real tough guys..and then there were the guys who thought they were tough because they had some tats.

Now I just go into burning buildings or drop water from a helicopter over fires. I've worked at Ground Zero, NOLA and Haiti. I guess you could say I'm just afraid on anything dangerous...

sooner59
1/23/2011, 10:41 PM
I know some pretty dangerous grandmas. They have some gnarly tatts....awesome body ink, too. :D

adoniijahsooner
1/23/2011, 10:48 PM
Stills has some growing up to do. Good football player, just young. He'll get it.

SoonerDan74012
1/23/2011, 11:50 PM
There nothing wrong with having tattoos. The only problem I would have with it is if the tattoos were representing a gang or some other form of questionable content. One of my very close friends has tattoos and he is nowhere close to being a thug or gangsta. He just now started EMT school and will become a paramedic once he gets through.

Now onto the unfortunate incident regarding Tony and Kenny. What Kenny and Tony did was flat out wrong and senseless and will be punished severely for it after Stoops and Smitty get done with them. That's not including the embarrassment that they not only put on themselves but their teammates, coaches, and families. The only thing that us fans can do at this point is just hope and pray that they will learn from this but it's going to be up to them with their actions going forward.

Cornfed
1/23/2011, 11:56 PM
like I said in the other thread , I would make em run stadium stairs til they puke, and then be done with it.

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2011, 12:24 AM
There nothing wrong with having tattoos.

Sure, if you want to project "Total Ghetto."

Because that's what they project. Ghetto. In fact, that's the appeal.

Might as well put your car up on blocks and buy a $1,000 alarm to guard your wreck of a Ford Taurus.

It grew out of the prison system, just like the low slung pants. Prison chic. And let me guess: "But my tats are tasteful." No such thing.

Sorry, but that's the way I see it. Feel free to disagree.

SoonerDan74012
1/24/2011, 12:27 AM
Might as well put your car up on blocks and buy a $1,000 alarm to guard your wreck of a Ford Taurus.

I drive an F-150 not a Taurus. :cool:

Cornfed
1/24/2011, 12:29 AM

put it on blocks......

sooner59
1/24/2011, 12:37 AM
Damn thug-*** gangster Hawaiians! :(

http://www.checkoutmyink.com/assets/photos/0248/3317/leonardpeters.jpg?1286546544

SoonerDan74012
1/24/2011, 12:39 AM
put it on blocks......

Broken Arrow is a pretty safe town so I don't have the need to.

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2011, 12:39 AM

http://gpsinformation.net/exe/redneck-swimming-pool.jpg

SoonerDan74012
1/24/2011, 12:47 AM
http://gpsinformation.net/exe/redneck-swimming-pool.jpg

Not even close Leroy and no I am not a black guy.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/soonerdan74012/MyLowered09.jpg

yermom
1/24/2011, 12:48 AM
Damn thug-*** gangster Hawaiians! :(

http://www.checkoutmyink.com/assets/photos/0248/3317/leonardpeters.jpg?1286546544

is Stills Hawai'ian? :confused:

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2011, 12:55 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/soonerdan74012/MyLowered09.jpg

Parking out in front of your garage in plain sight. That'll be a $50 fine per day.

Question: Do you normally take photos of your truck and post them on the Web? What is the title? "F-150: The Early Years."

sooner59
1/24/2011, 01:03 AM
is Stills Hawai'ian? :confused:

Nah, he's just mixed. :D

I was just saying different people get ink for different reasons. Not all of them are thugs. I have met people that, at first glance, makes you wonder about them because they seem covered ink. Turns out, some of them are as good of people as you would ever meet. Some folks around here believe if you get a tattoo, then you are a degenerate.

SoonerDan74012
1/24/2011, 01:13 AM
Parking out in front of your garage in plain sight. That'll be a $50 fine per day.

WTF are you talking about??????? :confused:

Question: Do you normally take photos of your truck and post them on the Web? What is the title? "F-150: The Early Years."

This is the only photo I have of my truck and this was taken a few weeks after I bought it. :)

sperry
1/24/2011, 02:25 AM
Nah, he's just mixed. :D

I was just saying different people get ink for different reasons. Not all of them are thugs. I have met people that, at first glance, makes you wonder about them because they seem covered ink. Turns out, some of them are as good of people as you would ever meet. Some folks around here believe if you get a tattoo, then you are a degenerate.

Visible tattoos really make you question a person's intelligence, as they are pretty much committing you to never getting a job with a decent company. Good luck at a job interview with tattoo's on your neck or your hands or something. Even anything visible when you're wearing short sleeves you'll have to worry about covering up in any situation where you'll be around potential future employers.

olevetonahill
1/24/2011, 02:49 AM
Dumbasses, A **** load of Tats aint cool. IMHO. and thats all it is .
I have 2 that i got right after i came back from Nam. I am neither Stupid Nor Ghetto. But i was wild as a peach orchard boar.Now if If i had it to do over i wouldnt, but i aint gonna worry about what some of you ****ing idiots think about em.

Seamus
1/24/2011, 03:22 AM
that's a good one....

Yeah, I laughed too, but then i saw what dip**** posted it and realized it had to be plagiarized. :D

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2011, 04:07 AM
Dumbasses, A **** load of Tats aint cool. IMHO. and thats all it is .
I have 2 that i got right after i came back from Nam. I am neither Stupid Nor Ghetto. But i was wild as a peach orchard boar.Now if If i had it to do over i wouldnt, but i aint gonna worry about what some of you ****ing idiots think about em.

Dude, you're ghetto.

Monster Zero
1/24/2011, 08:42 AM
Depending on what happened, Jefferson may be guilty of disrespecting the law and acting like an *** toward police officers. That could point to a more serious punishment in the eyes of Stoops. You gotta' cooperate with the police.

Yep. I could see this (not respecting the law) being worse than a DUI. But it depends on the circumstances like you said.

Monster Zero
1/24/2011, 09:02 AM
like I said in the other thread , I would make em run stadium stairs til they puke, and then be done with it.

That's what'll happen to Stills. Of course he's gonna get hollered at by Stoops and Norvell at the same time and probably sit out a game too. Jefferson's situation is different IMO depending on whether he just said something he shouldn't have to the cop or whether he seriously disrespected the law. We'll find out soon enough.

gaylordfan1
1/24/2011, 09:02 AM
Tattoo's are cool!

Jason
1/24/2011, 09:18 AM
(So I guess that means I'm walking, right?)
Nah. As long as you agreed to keep quiet, I'd come get ya.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/24/2011, 09:29 AM
knowing the two players, i'm surprised this didn't happen earlier. if anything it is a good thing and will keep them focused in the off season.

and for all of you who make fun of UT players and their.."habit".. i'm really surprised these two haven't been caught for that too.

SoCaliSooner
1/24/2011, 09:44 AM
knowing the two players, i'm surprised this didn't happen earlier. if anything it is a good thing and will keep them focused in the off season.

and for all of you who make fun of UT players and their.."habit".. i'm really surprised these two haven't been caught for that too.

You are inviting a ton of crap from the rabid mouthbreathers. They play for OU and the zealots here will gut you for speaking ill of these fine upstanding descendants of the gods....

bmjlr
1/24/2011, 09:59 AM
So, I take it you don't like tattoo's? I didn't know by having a tattoo of the state your from makes you a thug. Maybe he is proud of his home state. Just saying. These days its pretty difficult to find anyone under 30 without one. I have about 25% of my body covered in ink with most of them visible in a t-shirt. I also work in the medical field.... and I get nothing but compliments especially from little old ladies :D . Stereotyping is wrong, and categorizing this kid as a thug because he has them and happened to get a DUI is absurd. People make mistakes, especially young adults.

^^^^THIS.... I have 6 tattoos, I'm 34 and wear a shirt and tie to work. Ink doesn't make you a thug.

texaspokieokie
1/24/2011, 10:06 AM
it shows what a "classy" guy you are.

85sooners
1/24/2011, 10:08 AM
You guys are all crazy!!!!!!

sooner518
1/24/2011, 10:12 AM

if you know 'em, tell 'em to cut that **** out!!

Sooner_Tuf
1/24/2011, 10:17 AM
I worked as a sheriff's deputy in L.A.County jail from the 9500 block to the high power SuperMax facility. I used to see real tough guys..and then there were the guys who thought they were tough because they had some tats.

Now I just go into burning buildings or drop water from a helicopter over fires. I've worked at Ground Zero, NOLA and Haiti. I guess you could say I'm just afraid on anything dangerous...

I read through your post history. I'd say if you're awake, you're afraid. In fact I can't even figure out why you are here. I have a pretty good idea though.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/24/2011, 10:20 AM
What?

SoCaliSooner
1/24/2011, 10:24 AM
I read through your post history. I'd say if you're awake, you're afraid. In fact I can't even figure out why you are here. I have a pretty good idea though.

Your internet words hurt.

NorCal Sooner
1/24/2011, 10:36 AM
Tattoo's are cool!

I'm 50 and have a number of tats. All of them I had done within the last 10 years. I don't drink alcohol, smoke, or do drugs. I'm a scientist and maintain a government security clearance. I'm the farthest thing from a thug as you can get. So, I agree with you, stereotyping is wrong.

SoonerDan74012
1/24/2011, 11:58 AM

That's very disappointing to hear.

EatLeadCommie
1/24/2011, 12:26 PM
Have we really turned this thread into an argument on tattoos? The entire cultural attitude has changed on tats if you are younger than 35. I certainly question the wisdom of such a shift, but you're hard pressed to find somebody in their 30s that doesn't have a tat these days. A good friend of mine already has quite a few on her arms, shoulders, and body, and is only adding more. She has very fair skin so the coloring looks pretty good, but I gotta think that in a few years she's gonna wonder why she got a bunch of tats of anime characters on her skin. Still, that's the attitude with the younger generations. And increasingly, you see older folks getting them too as they become more socially acceptable.

I don't have any yet, but am not completely averse to them either. I have an idea for one that I think would look pretty good and is meaningful to me. I do think that tramp stamps and tribal armbands/patterns are pretty stupid though. They scream redneck. And sorry if I offended half of you on here. I do know a lot of folks with tribal designs as well. They don't mean anything. You aren't in any tribe. They just "look cool"... In my opinion, if you aren't Kerry King of Slayer, avoid the tribal crap. Also, IMO, the darker your skin, the worse your tats look. Most of the NBA and much of the NFL would benefit from a lack of tats. You simply can't see or admire tats on black guys, so what's the point of plastering yourself with a bunch of visible ink if you're black?

EatLeadCommie
1/24/2011, 12:28 PM
That's very disappointing to hear.

Much like finding somebody under 35 without tats, you'd be hard pressed to find any football players on any team that don't partake in a bit of weed now and then.