PDA

View Full Version : Hey Veritas

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 12:26 AM
Just now watching the Discovery channel and the "Flying Wild , ALASKA " SHOW , Now thats some Seat of the pants flying.
Hell If i were younger Id go give it a try :cool:

OULenexaman
1/22/2011, 12:47 AM
I gotta a good buddy that has a 41 Ryan PT-22 Army Trainer...we rebuild the engine every winter...peem me if you want pics of it via email...hand crankin that prop will make ur butt pucker...

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 01:11 AM
I trained in a Piper warrior
Bot a Piper Archer , Loved it

SCOUT
1/22/2011, 01:15 AM
I trained in a Piper warrior
Bot a Piper Archer , Loved it

You seriously need to write an autobiography. Every time there is some random subject, you have been there and done that.

It would be a bestseller.

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 02:17 AM
Hell of it is Ive fergot more than most folks know.
My ex DILs lil Bro said the same thing kinda, Fer a long time i wouldnt say much cause folks figured i was just full of Bevo shat.
Now I just dont give a **** what peeps think .

I have been there and done that on a lot of things , and Can back up with Witness or certificates.

May have to find the Realtors archives and **** like that, But I figured out a long time ago.
Believe me or not I really DGAF.;)
Wonder How ya do that?

Hey PG ya wanta be the ghost writer ?:cool:

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2011, 03:12 AM
Now thats some Seat of the pants flying.
Hell If i were younger Id go give it a try :cool:
If you were flying, the seat of my pants would not be a pretty sight.:D

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 03:25 AM
If you were flying, the seat of my pants would not be a pretty sight.:D

dude , i was a good pilot. several folks i took up for the 1st time fell in love cwith flying and took lessons

AlbqSooner
1/22/2011, 08:16 AM
Four years in the Air Force and never once got to fly - cept what was chemically induced.;)

OUthunder
1/22/2011, 10:40 AM
Thinking about taking an Alaskan Cruise for the next family vacation. Just a majestic, beautiful place. Just need to get the kids on board.

Veritas
1/22/2011, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I've been DVRing that show. That's some impressive stick and rudder work. One of the items on my aviation bucket list is to go up to Alaska and get some bush training (insert obvious joke here. Haha, I said insert). If something ever happened to my wife I think that's what I'd go do for a living.

The "History" channel does a great show up in Canada called "Ice Pilots NWT." They fly DC3s, DC4, a C46 Curtis Commando, a couple Catalina's...it's a sweet show. All of the epis are only but you have to use a Canadian proxy server to watch them as the block US IPs.

I bought into a Diamond DA-40 yesterday...pretty psyched about that...it's a beautiful plane and will be ideal for my IR training and long trips.

http://www.diamondaircraft.com/_images/news/2008_06_02/XLS_release.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2011, 01:07 PM
Four years in the Air Force and never once got to fly - cept what was chemically induced.;)Oh, you missed those C-130 flights,crappin in a Circle K bag, and peeing on the populace from 9000 feet.

Mongo
1/22/2011, 01:11 PM
You seriously need to write an autobiography. Every time there is some random subject, you have been there and done that.

You should skip the chapter on how he caught the herpes

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2011, 01:13 PM
Is that the Australia story?

Mongo
1/22/2011, 01:16 PM
I thought it was his trip to florida with that classy gal.

Can you really catch it twice?

Flagstaffsooner
1/22/2011, 01:21 PM
Drunky stories tend to blur.;)

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I've been DVRing that show. That's some impressive stick and rudder work. One of the items on my aviation bucket list is to go up to Alaska and get some bush training (insert obvious joke here. Haha, I said insert). If something ever happened to my wife I think that's what I'd go do for a living.

The "History" channel does a great show up in Canada called "Ice Pilots NWT." They fly DC3s, DC4, a C46 Curtis Commando, a couple Catalina's...it's a sweet show. All of the epis are only but you have to use a Canadian proxy server to watch them as the block US IPs.

I bought into a Diamond DA-40 yesterday...pretty psyched about that...it's a beautiful plane and will be ideal for my IR training and long trips.

http://www.diamondaircraft.com/_images/news/2008_06_02/XLS_release.jpg

Sweet, I knew the Owner bug was gonna bite ya.:cool:

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 02:54 PM

Kinda an Olevet version of " Bootleggers Boy":D

Hell of it is I dont think about most of that stuff till I been drankin and the subject comes up.

About 15 years ago both my sons met and worked with a guy i knew back in da day.
They both looked at me and said "Dad, we always thot you were full of ****, But according to Terry you never told us 1/2 of it " ;)