PDA

View Full Version : Another typical ad from Dems

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 12:03 AM
LOL @ them playing on emotion to their ignorant voters

Repeat the lie...

DVD-g1Lb0fo

In other words, Sen Graham hurt her rotator cup?

olevetonahill
1/22/2011, 12:08 AM
Nates on a tear tonight ;)

SoonerNate
1/22/2011, 12:18 AM
Thanks, pal.

soonercruiser
1/22/2011, 10:36 PM
Liberal Demoncrats are the champions of "scaring" people with the TV ads.

I had a torn rotator cuff about age 45. I had military health care at that time, and was given the surgery option - and told all the complications too.

I chose to live with it! But, you have to give it time and rest it with reduced activity and less weight bearing. I have full ROM and activity - just can't throw a baseball hard, or do men's push ups. (Handicap 8)

SoCaliSooner
1/22/2011, 10:46 PM
Agnes, you fukked your life up with bad choices long before age 59 and you can't wait to sit back and get a meager check from the taxpayers. Eat a dick, Agnes.

I approve this message...

silverwheels
1/22/2011, 10:52 PM
So glad SoCali made it over here.

Leroy Lizard
1/22/2011, 11:21 PM
They need her carrying stacks of Bibles.

My reaction to the ad is: "Two players on my Sooner team just got arrested, and I'm supposed to care about your ****in' rotator cuff? You don't even play football, nonetheless for the Sooners! So let me know when you manage to solve YOUR problem!"

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 12:05 AM

Repeat the lie...

DVD-g1Lb0fo

Sen. Graham is a disgrace and deserves to be defeated by a Democrat or otherwise. Preferably, he'd lose a primary challenge to an actual conservative who would then go on to win his seat in the General. Either way, I don't care as long as that ********* loses.

That ad is ridiculous though.

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 12:07 AM
In fact, if I had a list of the absolute worst members of the United States Senate, Graham would rank no lower than 15 on that list. I would put he and his butt buddy McCain side by side on that list since Graham can't remove his lips from McCain's *** long enough to come up for air.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 01:30 AM
In fact, if I had a list of the absolute worst members of the United States Senate, Graham would rank no lower than 15 on that list. I would put he and his butt buddy McCain side by side on that list since Graham can't remove his lips from McCain's *** long enough to come up for air.

I get the feeling that SicEm doesn't care for Senator Graham.

So wtf did he ever do to deserve such scorn?

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 01:35 AM
I get the feeling that SicEm doesn't care for Senator Graham.

So wtf did he ever do to deserve such scorn?

He's a big-government neocon who doesn't have a conservative bone in his body. That would be bad enough on its own, but Graham has a penchant for working behind the scenes to scuttle a conservative agenda at every opportunity.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/23/2011, 02:01 AM
He's a big-government neocon who doesn't have a conservative bone in his body. That would be bad enough on its own, but Graham has a penchant for working behind the scenes to scuttle a conservative agenda at every opportunity.No chit! I'm gonna move to the co*k State, just so I can help vote out his sorry as*.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 03:16 AM
He's a big-government neocon who doesn't have a conservative bone in his body. That would be bad enough on its own, but Graham has a penchant for working behind the scenes to scuttle a conservative agenda at every opportunity.

I don't know that much about him. So how would he be different than Ronald Reagan? Where would Ronnie and he have their big differences?

Being serious here. No joke.

GDC
1/23/2011, 01:42 PM

Repeat the lie...

All politicians and political parties do this, not just Democrats.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/23/2011, 01:45 PM
Politicians are the champions of "scaring" people with the TV ads.

Fixed

sappstuf
1/23/2011, 01:49 PM
Enjoyable video of John Stewart taking down Dem Steve Cohen for comparing Repubs to Nazis after calling for civility after the Giffords shootings..

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-20-2011/word-warcraft

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 02:01 PM
Once again, how would this Graham dude differ in views from Ronald Reagan? I figured you "real conservatives" would be lining up to answer that one.

King Barry's Back
1/23/2011, 02:10 PM
Once again, how would this Graham dude differ in views from Ronald Reagan? I figured you "real conservatives" would be lining up to answer that one.

Leroy,

Sen Graham has gotten a bad rep in a number of quarters for taking some high-profile stands, on some very high-profile issues, that were at odds with the rank-and-file conservative movement.

The most glaring was his leading role in the aborted 2007 immigration reform.

Good lord, I was working in the Senate at that time, and I have just blocked most of that out of my memory.

But that's when Limbaugh nicknamed Sen Graham "Sen Graham-nesty," a name that has stuck all these years later.

I know I didn't answer your question vis-a-vis Ronald Reagan, but the bottom line is that he's probably a little more conservative than the avg Republican Senator -- but he's drawn attention to himself on some key breaks with the party. Much like Senator McCain.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 02:23 PM
Leroy,

Sen Graham has gotten a bad rep in a number of quarters for taking some high-profile stands, on some very high-profile issues, that were at odds with the rank-and-file conservative movement.

The most glaring was his leading role in the aborted 2007 immigration reform.

Good lord, I was working in the Senate at that time, and I have just blocked most of that out of my memory.

But that's when Limbaugh nicknamed Sen Graham "Sen Graham-nesty," a name that has stuck all these years later.

I know I didn't answer your question vis-a-vis Ronald Reagan, but the bottom line is that he's probably a little more conservative than the avg Republican Senator -- but he's drawn attention to himself on some key breaks with the party. Much like Senator McCain.

Thx

1/23/2011, 05:05 PM
I don't know that much about him. So how would he be different than Ronald Reagan? Where would Ronnie and he have their big differences?

Being serious here. No joke.Reagan did Amnesty in the mid 80's. Graham wants it now. I guess you are calling that a similarity, huh? How else are they similar, IYHO?

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 05:18 PM
Thx

In addition to immigration reform...

-He's one of the leading proponents of an interventionist foreign policy which I consider at odds with traditional conservative values.

-He was a champion of campaign finance reform.

-He favors amnesty.

-He favors a National ID card.

-He supported the Patriot Act.

-He has consistently supported liberal/progressive nominations to the Federal courts including Sotomayor and Kagan.

-He has been a champion of and co-sponsored so-called "Climate Change" legislation.

-Graham has been a leading supporter of the military industrial complex and fought...tooth and nail...every attempt to trim any fat in the DoD.

-He is very hostile to the Tea Part Movement and openly condescending of its followers.

-Graham favors tighter government regulations for off shore drilling that would make it even harder for oil companies to exploit oil deposits off our own coast.

...the list really goes on and on. Graham is the epitome of a big-government neoconservative.

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 05:21 PM
Graham makes McCain look like a "true" conservative. The only thing Republican about him is the R next to his name.

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 05:23 PM
And not that it really matters, but I'm friends with a former staffer of his that swears he's gay.

OUthunder
1/23/2011, 05:24 PM
And not that it really matters, but I'm friends with a former staffer of his that swears he's gay.

I'd bet that he is as well.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 05:54 PM
In addition to immigration reform...

-He's one of the leading proponents of an interventionist foreign policy which I consider at odds with traditional conservative values.

Conservatives are not always isolationists.

He was a champion of campaign finance reform.

Not sure how that paints him as a non-conservative.

-He favors amnesty.

-He favors a National ID card.

Boo on those.

-He supported the Patriot Act.

I think almost all Republicans did.

-He has consistently supported liberal/progressive nominations to the Federal courts including Sotomayor and Kagan.

-He has been a champion of and co-sponsored so-called "Climate Change" legislation.

Boo on those.

-Graham has been a leading supporter of the military industrial complex and fought...tooth and nail...every attempt to trim any fat in the DoD.

I don't see how this would put him at odds with Reagan conservatism.

-He is very hostile to the Tea Part Movement and openly condescending of its followers.

-Graham favors tighter government regulations for off shore drilling that would make it even harder for oil companies to exploit oil deposits off our own coast.

...the list really goes on and on. Graham is the epitome of a big-government neoconservative.

I fail to see how a politician that supports amnesty, a national ID card, and supports liberal appointments is the epitome of a neocon.

Hell, I'm probably the biggest neocon in here and I certainly would oppose those.

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 06:12 PM
Conservatives are not always isolationists.

Opposing an interventionist foreign policy does not make someone an isolationist. However, if that's the best term to use for someone who is opposed to interventionism and a Wilsonian-style foreign policy then fine. Traditionally, conservatives were very much isolationist. Isolationist beliefs are very much at the heart of traditional conservatism. It has only been in recent years that we've seen the political polarity of that position change. Part of it was a result of the Cold War, but it really started changing during the Reagan years. The idea that someone should accept a recent policy shift as an integral part of a political philosophy/ideology is itself a pretty progressive idea. I don't take my "cues" on what is conservative or not conservative based on shifting policy trends over the last few decades.

Not sure how that paints him as a non-conservative.
There is no Constitutional role for the Federal government to regulate political speech in any shape, form, or fashion. Make no mistake, the donation of money to a political campaign or a cause is most certainly a form of political speech. Further, the idea that the government should limit what is said about a candidate, by whom, and in what form of media should be abhorrent to anyone who cherishes the 1st Amendment. The fact that Graham and McCain believe it's acceptable for the Federal Government to regulate political free-speech says all it needs to about their overall philosophy concerning the role of government.

I think almost all Republicans did.
I'm not talking about Republicans -- I'm talking about conservatives. Graham is very much a typical Senate Republican.

I don't see how this would put him at odds with Reagan conservatism.

I give Reagan's spending on Defense a pass since he came to office during one of the most dangerous periods of the Cold War, and those Defense expenditures (theoretically) paid peace dividends during the 90's. HOWEVER, no conservative should ever make the mistake of believing that the DoD isn't just as capable (if not more so) of wasting billions of dollars as any other Federal agency. The fact is, there is a ton of bloat and fat in the Department of Defense that can and should be trimmed. Unfortunately, Graham is more interested in cozying up to defense contractors than he is in promoting fiscal responsibility.

Hell, I'm probably the biggest neocon in here and I certainly would oppose those.

Let me preface this by saying that there is no such thing as a conservative "neocon." What makes Graham a neocon is his belief in a forward-leaning Wilsonian/TDR style foreign policy and a greater acceptance of the role of the Federal government. That is the essence of neoconservatism -- the use of Federal power to promote a right-wing agenda and the promotion of an imperialist foreign policy. Graham is a proponent of both.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 06:53 PM
What makes Graham a neocon is his belief in a forward-leaning Wilsonian/TDR style foreign policy....

It was Teddy Roosevelt's non-Libertarian foreign policy that transformed the U.S. into a world power. If we had followed this "true conservative" isolationist approach we would be essentially South Canada.

And you can't just give Reagan a pass because you want to associate your philosophy with him. Reagan was certainly not an isolationist and did a lot to increase our presence worldwide. Remember his bombing of Ghaddaffi? Grenada? Lebanon? What about his funding of the Contras?

The more I hear about your philosophies, the more I tend to think you will someday be shacked up in the desert somewhere with political slogans strapped to the side of your double wide. You are the kind that calls in to radio stations all the time reciting why the IRS is illegal, yadda, yadda, yadda. We have tons of the desert kooks in my neck of the woods. They're a real hoot when they call in.

EDIT: Okay, I was a bit harsh. But I draw a distinction between libertarianism and conservatism.

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 07:10 PM
It was Teddy Roosevelt's non-Libertarian foreign policy that transformed the U.S. into a world power. If we had followed this "true conservative" isolationist approach we would be essentially South Canada.

I'm not sure what a libertarian foreign policy would be...it doesn't have anything to do with libertarianism except that a big-government abroad necessitates a big-government at home. Why did we suddenly need to become a world power? I don't think our Founding Fathers (well with a couple of notable exceptions) ever really envisioned us becoming a world power -- many of them would have been very hostile to the very idea. For most of our history we weren't the hyperpower that we are today and our Republic was small, prosperous, and more in line with our founding principles.

And you can't just give Reagan a pass because you want to associate your philosophy with him. Reagan was certainly not an isolationist and did a lot to increase our presence worldwide. Remember his bombing of Ghaddaffi? Grenada? Lebanon? What about his funding of the Contras?

I'm not giving him a pass. It was a totally different situation with the Cold War than today. I merely said that his Defense spending was justified -- I never said that I condoned all of his foreign policy decisions. FWIW, I accept Grenada as consistent with the Monroe Doctrine and the idea of having another Soviet base in the Caribbean strikes me as something that simply couldn't be allowed. There are other Reagan decisions that I'm not nearly as king on...such as Lebanon and Ghadaffi. The Contras are another matter as it was a Cold War action. Nonetheless, I have no problem at all pointing out differences I have with Reagan.

The more I hear about your philosophies, the more I tend to think you will someday be shacked up in the desert somewhere with political slogans strapped to the side of your double wide. You are the kind that calls in to radio stations all the time reciting why the IRS is illegal, yadda, yadda, yadda. We have tons of the desert kooks in my neck of the woods. They're a real hoot when they call in.

Truthfully, I'm way the hell too arrogant to call in to a radio show. I consider them way the hell beneath me.

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2011, 07:16 PM
But I draw a distinction between libertarianism and conservatism.

The problem is that you're labeling what are traditional paleo-conservative principles as being "libertarian" when they are exactly what I said they are...traditional conservative principles. Either you're unaware of the traditional roots of conservatism, or you're doing what many neocons do in an attempt to redefine conservatism in such a way that it fits contemporary policy positions while labeling the old-right or traditional conservatism as being strictly libertarian in an effort to establish your own new brand of conservatism while putting traditional conservatives like me outside the movement.

To be sure, paleoconservatism and libertarianism are very very close cousins but there are several key differences. Most of those differences are economic in nature.

Leroy Lizard
1/23/2011, 07:35 PM
The problem is that you're labeling what are traditional paleo-conservative principles as being "libertarian" when they are exactly what I said they are...traditional conservative principles. Either you're unaware of the traditional roots of conservatism, or you're doing what many neocons do in an attempt to redefine conservatism in such a way that it fits contemporary policy positions while labeling the old-right or traditional conservatism as being strictly libertarian in an effort to establish your own new brand of conservatism while putting traditional conservatives like me outside the movement.

To be sure, paleoconservatism and libertarianism are very very close cousins but there are several key differences. Most of those differences are economic in nature.

I have another theory: That those of you have these pie-in-the-sky "Get out of the U.N." ideals realized that the term Libertarian wasn't getting you anywhere, so you decided to call yourselves true conservatives to latch onto its popularity.

Okla-homey
1/23/2011, 08:03 PM

Repeat the lie...

DVD-g1Lb0fo

Dear Agnes,

If you in fact injured your rotator cuff at work as a librarian by lugging books...FILE A FLIPPIN' WORK COMP CLAIM!

Otherwise, please STFU.

ictsooner7
1/23/2011, 08:03 PM
Liberal Demoncrats are the champions of "scaring" people with the TV ads.

I had a torn rotator cuff about age 45. I had military health care at that time, and was given the surgery option - and told all the complications too.

I chose to live with it! But, you have to give it time and rest it with reduced activity and less weight bearing. I have full ROM and activity - just can't throw a baseball hard, or do men's push ups. (Handicap 8)

So............you have socialize medicine?

soonercruiser
1/23/2011, 10:04 PM
So............you have socialize medicine?

Yes I do!
And, there are times when it SUCKS big time!
But, when it can get a referral to the civilain provider OF MY CHOICE, I am much happier. Like tomorrow. I get my pipes checked.
Want me to post the video?
(Not sure many of you would have paid the price I did for my socialize medicine - no dental care BTW!)

Okla-homey
1/24/2011, 06:19 AM
The actions of people like Ms. Pomata do nothing but drain limited resources from tax-payer supported gov't programs; the majority of which, were originally designed ONLY to provide assistance for those, who were truly unable to provide for... themselves. What I find interesting, is how (most) of the people I encounter who live with legitimate handicaps (through no fault of their own) are the last to complain. They don't whine and make ads for special interest groups.

In fact, there are people who have lost one (or two) of their limbs who would be first in line to take over for poor Ms. Pomata down at the library. Of course, the people with legitimate needs usually aren't the ones doin' all the whinin'. On the contrary, a person who has lost one (or two) of their limbs has obviously already had to overcome much tougher obstacles; which, incidentally, is the reason why they're winners, and Agnes Pomata is a loser.

1/24/2011, 12:40 PM
Conservatives are not always isolationists...

...I fail to see how a politician that supports amnesty, a national ID card, and supports liberal appointments is the epitome of a neocon.
...Hell, I'm probably the biggest neocon in here and I certainly would oppose those. Here's the Wiki view:

Neoconservatism is a version of Conservatism in the United States which supports using American economic and military power to bring democracy, and human rights to other countries.[1] Neoconservatives are generally comfortable with a limited welfare state; and, while rhetorically supportive of free markets, they are willing to interfere for overriding social purposes.[2] In foreign policy it defines national interests to include ideological interests e.g. the defense of other nations with similar ideologies for geopolitical purposes. Many leaders are intellectuals (often Jewish) and former liberals who broke with the Democratic Party in the 1970s when that party favored détente with Communism and was reluctant to support Israel. They were strong supporters of the foreign policies of presidents Ronald Reagan (1981-89) and George W. Bush (2001-2009). The leadership role of Neoconservatives in pressing for an American-led overthrow of the Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq in 2003 outraged many critics. The slow, expensive progress of the American effort in Iraq, coupled with the even slower movement of Middle Eastern states toward democracy, diminished the influence of the Neoconservatives after 2004.

Leroy Lizard
1/24/2011, 01:04 PM
Here's the Wiki view:

Neoconservatism is a version of Conservatism in the United States which supports using American economic and military power to bring democracy, and human rights to other countries.[1]

So JFK was a neoconservative? :D

1/24/2011, 01:08 PM
So JFK was a neoconservative? :DI guess he was. He wasn't a socialist, like modern-day dems, and he did take the US military to Nam.

soonervegas
1/24/2011, 01:20 PM
Mmmmmm.....raising the age social security retirement age.......(slobbers on self)

and can this wench not use a book cart? I want to cry because people still believe the retirement age should be 62-65 when we are living much longer and healthier lives than our ancestors.