PDA

View Full Version : Should we worry?

THE-JROD
1/21/2011, 06:27 PM
I know how damn good we're gonna be next year, but I dont pay attention about many other programs. Just read on here that Florida State now has the #1 recruitment class since TexAss fails at everything. Is this gonna help there overall team next year which IMO is an already good squad...and could possibly cause us a stumble?

Cornfed
1/21/2011, 06:29 PM
Every team we play will bring its A+ game. FSU will be a tough game, but games like that build character and confidence.

THE-JROD
1/21/2011, 06:32 PM
Every team we play will bring its A+ game. FSU will be a tough game, but games like that build character and confidence.

Thats what im thinkin..and can only help us in rankings with strength of schedule!!

EatLeadCommie
1/21/2011, 06:58 PM
not a lot of those kids will see the field next year, and FSU always brings in good classes.

2121Sooner
1/21/2011, 07:02 PM
OU could have the #1 recruiting class every year and there would always be a segment of our fan base that will worry.

sperry
1/21/2011, 07:04 PM
We will be the best team we play every game during the regular season. If we lose, it will be because we didn't play as well as we could have.

The Florida St. game should be a close one. Florida St. won't be great on offense, but they will have a good d. We tend to struggle on the road, although we played better in our final two road games of last year. We shoudl win the game, but if we throw a pick six and give up a kickoff return for a touchdown, which we seem to do every other game away from home, I don't think we can win.

THE-JROD
1/21/2011, 07:12 PM
I agree, special teams will be a huge factor this year for us!! Cant allow KO returns, P returns or pick 6's.....

Dwight
1/21/2011, 07:18 PM
I think that FSU will be the 2nd toughest game (Texas is always #1)

tcrb
1/21/2011, 09:36 PM
No need to worry. Just enjoy the the ride.

LRoss
1/21/2011, 09:42 PM
Not to take a good team lightly, but if they're going to be relying on true freshmen and we get them early in the season, I say that's not the worst situation -- especially since if that IS the case and freshmen have the steepest learning curve, a win could look REALLY good by the end of the season when they are hypothetically no longer playing like freshmen.

SoonerOX
1/21/2011, 10:29 PM
Not to take a good team lightly, but if they're going to be relying on true freshmen and we get them early in the season, I say that's not the worst situation -- especially since if that IS the case and freshmen have the steepest learning curve, a win could look REALLY good by the end of the season when they are hypothetically no longer playing like freshmen.

Good post and agree on all points. We didn't rely on freshmen per se, but we did lean on a few to be productive in their respective rotations. I could see FSU having some immediate impact freshmen, but in reality there are few freshmen that see immediate and significant playing time. And you are right, a win against FSU can end up looking really good as the season wears on if they win a lot of games.

BoulderSooner79
1/21/2011, 10:58 PM
No, shouldn't worry unless you enjoy that sort of thing.

agoo758
1/21/2011, 11:08 PM
The school that I attend had the number one recruiting class in Division 1AA in 2009. They went on to post a very impressive 0-11 record. I pay little if any attention to recruiting rankings.

Besides, if we are good enough to win the MNC, then we are good enough to beat FSU on the road, if we dont, we are simply not good enough, and we'll go back to Glendale and beat BYU State A and M 66-3. :cool:

Atlsooner
1/21/2011, 11:45 PM
Also keep in mind, that FSU will have a new quarterback, although he did start 2 games this year while Ponder was injured.

This is the 2nd game of the year for both teams, and I like our expierence allot better than theirs.

SoonerNate
1/21/2011, 11:55 PM
< Not worried. Like the Mizzou and aTm games, should we lose it will because we failed to execute and played sloppy. We are far more talented.

Football Jim
1/22/2011, 03:54 AM
We are DOOMED!!!!

101sooner
1/22/2011, 04:31 AM
Aint no use worrying.

VA Sooner
1/22/2011, 08:18 AM
I hate being a preseason number 1... kids buy into the hype and then start believing it's theirs without working for it. Count on Stoops to keep them focused though... he's a well-grounded coach.

AlbqSooner
1/22/2011, 08:46 AM
Aint no use worrying.

BEVO EXCREMENT!!
It DOES help to worry. 96.2% of the things I worry about never happen.