PDA

View Full Version : FOOTBALL SEATING QUESTION

SWEAT PEA HOLIEWAY
1/20/2011, 02:27 PM
I've been offered season football tickets in section 19 row 31. Can someone tell me if those are good seats or not?

85sooners
1/20/2011, 02:28 PM
:gary:

SoonerBacker
1/20/2011, 02:29 PM
If I remember correctly, section 19 would put you directly behind the goalposts in the North endzone....

OKLA21FAN
1/20/2011, 02:31 PM
North endzone rocks!

spencer20
1/20/2011, 03:01 PM
sec. 19 here. great section.

MamaMia
1/20/2011, 03:02 PM
Every seat at Owen Field is a good seat.

Dio
1/20/2011, 03:26 PM
If I remember correctly, section 19 would put you directly behind the goalposts in the North endzone....

That's 18. 19 is the next one to the east.

#1 SOONER FAN
1/20/2011, 03:34 PM
I'm in 16 which are about the same as 19 except other end of the north end zone.

SWEAT PEA HOLIEWAY
1/20/2011, 04:23 PM
Is row 31 below the main aisle?

Mad Dog Madsen
1/20/2011, 04:39 PM

Uhh, no.

WichitaSooner
1/20/2011, 04:49 PM
I'm in 16, row 22... and I wouldn't trade my seats for any others... Don't always have the best views of the game when it's on the other side of the field, but the atmosphere is better and you have the best view of the big jumbotron...

And When AD hit the corner and blasted down the sideline right towards my seats for a TD against Oregon... I knew I'd never, ever move my seats.

oudavid1
1/20/2011, 05:22 PM
Kerr McGee Lounge! Holla!

oubose
1/20/2011, 05:30 PM
you would be crazy not to take them

texaspokieokie
1/20/2011, 05:36 PM
I've been offered season football tickets in section 19 row 31. Can someone tell me if those are good seats or not?

Sweat Pea ?????
don't you mean "Sweat Pee" ????

SWEAT PEA HOLIEWAY
1/20/2011, 06:03 PM
Sweat Pea ?????
don't you mean "Sweat Pee" ????

I tend to get in a hurry.

texaspokieokie
1/20/2011, 06:05 PM
i'm sorry.
that was kinda mean.

badger
1/20/2011, 06:05 PM

This.

Or are you asking so you know you're paying a fair price for the tickets?

If this is the case, unless these seats put your butt around other butts that you know, then you'd likely be better off scalping for tickets. The only game in recent history that we've paid over face value for was 2008 Tech. Everything else, under.

If these are free tickets offered to you out of the kindness of someone's heart, then by all means take and use them. See you Saturdays this fall!

SWEAT PEA HOLIEWAY
1/20/2011, 06:27 PM
This.

Or are you asking so you know you're paying a fair price for the tickets?

If this is the case, unless these seats put your butt around other butts that you know, then you'd likely be better off scalping for tickets. The only game in recent history that we've paid over face value for was 2008 Tech. Everything else, under.

If these are free tickets offered to you out of the kindness of someone's heart, then by all means take and use them. See you Saturdays this fall!

I have to donate $100 per seat for the pair.

badger
1/20/2011, 06:28 PM
If that's the only cost than $200 for two season tickets is a VERY good deal :D

texaspokieokie
1/20/2011, 06:28 PM

that's dirt cheap !!
for the whole season ???

thatmediadude
1/20/2011, 07:01 PM
Not every seat is a good seat for me.... 6'6''. People always pi$$ed off behind me for standing up..... I feel like a punk for towering in front of an 80 year old man who's been to every game since 1955 and can't see the game. I'd rather be in the 100's or 200's so I can sit down and let people behind me enjoy. :-)

IndySooner
1/20/2011, 07:03 PM

I'm in Sec. 20, row 10. Have had the opportunity to move around and haven't. Like the seats.

olevetonahill
1/20/2011, 07:41 PM

Go here and do a mouse over of sec. 19 it will show you the view

http://ev10.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=ou/core/seating_charts.html

Soonerfan88
1/20/2011, 07:58 PM
I'm in 21 and don't plan on leaving the North End Zone. Top row is 72 - I don't think 31 is below the walkway but not sure.

SWEAT PEA HOLIEWAY
1/20/2011, 08:37 PM
that's dirt cheap !!
for the whole season ???

no, I have to pay the $200 SoonerClub cost + the ticket price. I think its around $1018 total.

olevetonahill
1/20/2011, 08:43 PM
no, I have to pay the $200 SoonerClub cost + the ticket price. I think its around $1018 total.

Unless you just want to KNOW you have tickets, you be better off just gettin em game day.

OU-HSV
1/20/2011, 08:44 PM
North endzone rocks!

I have sat in Sec 19 several times. I really like that Section. Usually though, I've landed higher up in that section, so I can't speak for the lower seats, but I don't see why they would be worse really.

As for the south endzone...I sat there for the tx tech game this year in the soutwest section (sec. 40), that was no fun. That area of the stands was boring as hell...hardly anyone was loud and most people were wanting to sit the whole game.

tcrb
1/20/2011, 08:46 PM
Unless you just want to KNOW you have tickets, you be better off just gettin em game day.

This!

OUthunder
1/20/2011, 11:27 PM

I sat there for one game this year and it blew. Of course I'm a bit spoiled, as I have had seats on the 5 yard line for a couple of years.

I wouldn't donate cash for "those" seats unless it was a one time thing and then the next year you're just paying face for the season tix the next year. Do you have to donate every year to keep the tickets?

texaspokieokie
1/21/2011, 10:18 AM

well, that's different. that's more ($200) than we pay.

you might be better off buying from scalpers. i don't really know.

WichitaSooner
1/21/2011, 11:01 AM
Look... some people are fine with waiting until gameday and even kickoff to scalp tickets every game... sure you are saving a few bucks but you are almost always sitting in a different seat... And you have to plan your gameday activities around getting there at a certain time to buy tickets.

Personally for me that's a level of uncertainty that I'm not comfortable with. Certainly not when you consider that it's not a monetary savings that's really worth it in my opinion. Maybe I could spend $500 total for the season by scalping tickets... To me it's worth the price of double that to not ever have to worry about it, and to always have those tickets locked in every year.

Now, as for the tickets you are being offered... $100 per seat is the MINIMUM donation required to get season tickets. So the $200 for 2 seats is as good as it's going to get on that point.

And the fact that you are just now getting offered tickets and not getting south end zone tickets..... I'd jump on those NEZ tickets quick like. Unless you want to donate more per seat to move them... But, you're better off grabbing these now, then when you renew next year request to move to a different area if you don't like them. You can always request a move based on priority without increasing your donation level and over time you can get moved around to a different area if you prefer.

SWEAT PEA HOLIEWAY
1/21/2011, 11:17 AM
Look... some people are fine with waiting until gameday and even kickoff to scalp tickets every game... sure you are saving a few bucks but you are almost always sitting in a different seat... And you have to plan your gameday activities around getting there at a certain time to buy tickets.

Personally for me that's a level of uncertainty that I'm not comfortable with. Certainly not when you consider that it's not a monetary savings that's really worth it in my opinion. Maybe I could spend $500 total for the season by scalping tickets... To me it's worth the price of double that to not ever have to worry about it, and to always have those tickets locked in every year.

Now, as for the tickets you are being offered... $100 per seat is the MINIMUM donation required to get season tickets. So the $200 for 2 seats is as good as it's going to get on that point.

And the fact that you are just now getting offered tickets and not getting south end zone tickets..... I'd jump on those NEZ tickets quick like. Unless you want to donate more per seat to move them... But, you're better off grabbing these now, then when you renew next year request to move to a different area if you don't like them. You can always request a move based on priority without increasing your donation level and over time you can get moved around to a different area if you prefer.

thanks!!! Boomer

badger
1/21/2011, 11:19 AM
To me it's worth the price of double that to not ever have to worry about it, and to always have those tickets locked in every year.

I had some friends up north that once said they'd love to attend a game someday, but insisted on having the tickets in hand before the game, when we were trying to insist back home incredibly unnecessary that is.

If Oklahoma ever outlawed scalping, I'd maybe see the point. If the OU-Texas game ever landed in Norman (heaven forbid) I'd see your point. The fact remains that there has been ONE game to-date that I've had to pay over face value for since 05 graduation (once again, the 08 Tech game)... and it was worth every penny.

Till THEN...

Fact: There will always be tickets for sale outside the stadium before games.

Fact: 95 percent of the time you will easily find tickets for under face value, even big-name non-conference opponents like Miami and Florida State.

Fact: You will be able to buy tickets well in advance of kickoff (or after, if you arrive late) so long as you carry a little cash.

nativesooner
1/21/2011, 01:49 PM
It is cheaper to get tickets outside but if you're donating the min required, might as well do it. Keep in mind though that the ticket cost will go up every year, and you'll be required to pay your donation earlier than when the ticket $$ is due. The only problem you might have with the seats you mentioned is that there might be that folks will be walking or standing the in the walkway at times, which will be right in your way. Other than that, I'd say go for it!

ouwasp
1/21/2011, 07:52 PM
I used to have a source for tickets in the north EZ... not sure which section (22?)...anyhow, they were great... located directly over one of those tunnel entrances; only had to stand when I wanted to and had a place to sat my drink. My 5'3" wife could see easily...

texaspokieokie
1/22/2011, 10:50 AM
i'd like to have seats above tunnel entrance,for just the reasons you mention.