PDA

View Full Version : Gun owners are racists and classists, per Michael Moore

MR2-Sooner86
1/19/2011, 09:10 PM
qQTNWYwLHy0&feature

I knew I was racist, but didn't realize I was a classist too.

Aldebaran
1/19/2011, 09:11 PM
Most people don't. That's the thing.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/19/2011, 09:13 PM
Bowling for Columbine is one of the most slanted "documentaries" I've ever seen. Even by Michael Moore's standards:rolleyes:

salth2o
1/19/2011, 09:14 PM
Those F*ing lib-tards are INSANELY idiotic.

"It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

mgsooner
1/19/2011, 09:24 PM
Hook. Line. Sinker.

SoCaliSooner
1/19/2011, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I have guns and hate the bottom feeders. So?

MR2-Sooner86
1/19/2011, 09:39 PM
I find the whole thing funny. Moore's argument, like most anti-gun folks, is one that is filled with so many holes and lies people just laugh because it has been debunked time and time again. The only way he can make an impact is to try to tug on one's emotions and throw social status into the debate as a last effort.

For instance him returning the bullet was one of the stupidest things I've seen ever. Will he take back the car used by a drunk driver? Again, it's not an argument, he's just trying to toy with people's emotions so he can get them on his side. Not working here.

sappstuf
1/19/2011, 09:41 PM
I wonder why Michael Moore would have employed such an obvious racist?

Michael Moore's Bodyguard Arrested on Airport Gun Charge

NEW YORK — Filmmaker Michael Moore's (search) bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.
Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York. Burke was taken to Queens central booking and could potentially be charged with a felony for the incident.

Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.

Veritas
1/19/2011, 09:42 PM
I'm not racist or classist, but I hate fat blowhards. I'm a fatblowhardist.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/19/2011, 09:50 PM
The best scene in the film is when he's talking to the brother of convicted bombing conspirator Terry Nichols. He visits James Nichols' home, asks a crazy acting James about gun ownership. James says he has a gun under his pillow in his bedroom. Moore asks if he can see it - to which James agrees - as long as Moore enters the bedroom without the cameraman. He does.

Whether it is staged or not, slanted or not, it's great drama which is what it's all about. Moore is masterful. He can create great drama by simply confronting some nobody limp-dick security guard at an office building.

Moore is good at pushing folks' buttons.

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 09:51 PM
I wonder why Michael Moore would have employed such an obvious racist?

I like how he demands firearm protection for himself, but wants it stripped from others. Classic limousine liberal.

SoCaliSooner
1/19/2011, 09:55 PM
I like how he demands firearm protection for himself, but wants it stripped from others. Classic limousine liberal.
I think it was the same with Rosie O'donnell. She sandbagged Tom Selleck on her show about guns and gun control...while employing several armed security guards.

soonercruiser
1/19/2011, 10:24 PM

XACTLY!

olevetonahill
1/19/2011, 11:31 PM
I aint listening to over 12 minutes of that fat ***:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 11:32 PM
I think it was the same with Rosie O'donnell. She sandbagged Tom Selleck on her show about guns and gun control...while employing several armed security guards.

You can throw Dianne Feinstein in the mix as well.

SoCaliSooner
1/19/2011, 11:38 PM
You can throw Dianne Feinstein in the mix as well.
If only Dan White had a semi auto with multiple magazines....

OhU1
1/20/2011, 01:08 AM
Moore is looking like Roger Ebert more everyday. If we could be so lucky Roger would get his voice back and Moore would lose his.

What I learned from this video:

+If a poor black man comes into my home uninvited I would be racist to shoot him. Who am I kidding? My white *** would get shot by my new house guest borrowing my own gun - and I would deserve it too!

+Safe neighborhoods are full of guns.

+K-Mart does not sell 17 cent bullets anymore. This makes us safer somehow.

+ Roger's corpulent face is tough on the eyes.

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 04:20 AM
Moore is looking like Roger Ebert more everyday. If we could be so lucky Roger would get his voice back and Moore would lose his.

What I learned from this video:

+If a poor black man comes into my home uninvited I would be racist to shoot him. Who am I kidding? My white *** would get shot by my new house guest borrowing my own gun - and I would deserve it too!

+Safe neighborhoods are full of guns.

+K-Mart does not sell 17 cent bullets anymore. This makes us safer somehow.

+ Roger's corpulent face is tough on the eyes.

Are you talking about this guy?

http://www.fullissue.com/wp-content/uploads/michael-Moore.jpg

This guy?

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ebert.jpg

Or this guy?

http://www.spotlight.com/hallfame/portraits/roger_moore.jpg

OUthunder
1/20/2011, 09:26 AM

That's typical with most liberal and progressives who think that they're more important than they really are.

3rdgensooner
1/20/2011, 09:35 AM
That's typical with most people who think that they're more important than they really are.True

jkjsooner
1/20/2011, 09:53 AM
Those F*ing lib-tards are INSANELY idiotic.

"It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Wait a minute. While I see myself as a middle of the road guy I'm sure many of you guys would call me a liberal and I think Michael Moore is an idiot who isn't even good at making documentaries.

Let's try to not put every liberal or conservative in convenient stereotypes based on people who are at the extremes.

jkjsooner
1/20/2011, 09:57 AM
Whether it is staged or not, slanted or not, it's great drama which is what it's all about. Moore is masterful. He can create great drama by simply confronting some nobody limp-dick security guard at an office building.

Moore is good at pushing folks' buttons.

While this may be true, I get sick of his stuff being nominated for best documentary in the various awards around the world. If I want to watch a good documentary I'll watch Frontline or something. What Michael Moore creates is not documentaries.

Wishboned
1/20/2011, 10:13 AM

Not only that. She was a huge spokesman (yes spokesMAN) at the time for K-Mart, which was the largest gun retailer at the time.

TUSooner
1/20/2011, 10:36 AM
Does any reasonable, open-minded person actually give a serious **** about what that lard-aszed lard-brain thinks?

olevetonahill
1/20/2011, 10:47 AM
Does any reasonable, open-minded person actually give a serious **** about what that lard-aszed lard-brain thinks?

I dont, But then again I may not be reasonable nor right thinking ;)

OklahomaTuba
1/20/2011, 11:13 AM
Whata dip****. Wish he would go back to Canada, where there isn't freedom of speech.

NRA lifetime member Michael Moore thinks you’re a racist for owning a gun...

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/19/nra-lifetime-member-michael-moore-thinks-youre-a-racist-for-owning-a-gun/#ixzz1Bao90Taq

Wow, areas with higher rates of gun ownership have lower crime rates? What a coincidence! Next he’ll tell us that as the prison population grows, the crime rate drops…

Pogue Mahone
1/20/2011, 11:29 AM
Can someone explain to me why conservatives allow themselves to get all riled up by Moore? You take him that seriously? I'd think you'd save that sentiment for someone who matters, someone who can make a decent argument.

Sooner_Bob
1/20/2011, 11:31 AM

My mother-in-law was telling me about that episode . . . she said Tom was very calm and didn't rip into Rosie like he should've.

Wishboned
1/20/2011, 12:07 PM
My mother-in-law was telling me about that episode . . . she said Tom was very calm and didn't rip into Rosie like he should've.

He just kept telling her that he was there to promote his movie. He said he wasn't prepared for a debate, and if that's what she wanted to do she should have told him.

You could tell he was annoyed as hell though.

AlboSooner
1/20/2011, 12:08 PM
Can someone explain to me why conservatives allow themselves to get all riled up by Moore? You take him that seriously? I'd think you'd save that sentiment for someone who matters, someone who can make a decent argument.

Very good post. Michale Moore and Limbaugh, are shock jockeys. Best thing is to ignore them.

DIB
1/20/2011, 12:12 PM
Very good post. Michale Moore and Limbaugh, are shock jockeys. Best thing is to ignore them.

And nearly every individual employed by Fox News and MSNBC

Sooner_Bob
1/20/2011, 12:39 PM
He just kept telling her that he was there to promote his movie. He said he wasn't prepared for a debate, and if that's what she wanted to do she should have told him.

You could tell he was annoyed as hell though.

I wish he would've had time to prepare for it . . . Rosie did some nice things for folks on her show, but what she did to him was pretty low.

Dio
1/20/2011, 01:56 PM
At least when Christopher Guest is in a mock-umentary, he doesn't hide that it's going to be fake.

OhU1
1/20/2011, 02:36 PM

And O'Riley, Beck, Oberman, Hannity, Madow, and company that passes for information and news these days.

stoopified
1/20/2011, 02:41 PM
MM is an idiot,that is nothing new.

pphilfran
1/20/2011, 02:52 PM
Manufacturing Dissent

Tdgk-JFVhvk

MamaMia
1/20/2011, 03:57 PM
racists and classists? If you only own one gun, are you just one of those things? :confused:

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 04:20 PM

Millions of idiots watch his movies and think they are the truth. Therefore he matters.

If he was some derelict jabbering to the wind at the local Starbucks, he wouldn't.

Pogue Mahone
1/20/2011, 04:30 PM
Millions of idiots watch his movies and think they are the truth. Therefore he matters.

I just don't see it. His effect, his power seems to come from the reaction. He hasn't been a real voice of liberalism in forever. The movies are sloppy, self-involved and tough to watch.

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 04:40 PM
I just don't see it. His effect, his power seems to come from the reaction. He hasn't been a real voice of liberalism in forever. The movies are sloppy, self-involved and tough to watch.

Liberals eat 'em up. He even wins awards.

Pogue Mahone
1/20/2011, 05:32 PM
I'm more liberal than virtually Soonerfans poster, but I'm fairly pro-gun.

You shouldn't hate Moore because of his politics; you should hate him because he makes lousy movies that might crowd good movies out of theaters.