PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant on the trading block?

SOONER44EVER
1/18/2011, 11:31 PM
KFOR tv just reported that inside sources on the Cowboy staff said the Cowboys would entertain trade offers for Bryant. Former Cowboy Patrick Crayton said Bryant was late for meetings and had a bad attitude. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised knowing where he went to college. Heh!

SoonerDan74012
1/18/2011, 11:40 PM
As a Cowboys fan I thought it was bad daft pick because Dallas had much bigger issues on the o-line and in the secondary. It wouldn't hurt me too much to see him leave because he has a cancerous attitude just like that ********* T.O. did. If they do trade him it better not be to the Rams because Sam doesn't need a pri-madona wideout ******** and moaning because he's not getting the ball thrown his way every damn time.

Breadburner
1/18/2011, 11:47 PM
Lol...Not suprised.....

CowboyMRW
1/19/2011, 12:04 AM
As a Cowboys fan I thought it was bad daft pick because Dallas had much bigger issues on the o-line and in the secondary. It wouldn't hurt me too much to see him leave because he has a cancerous attitude just like that ********* T.O. did. If they do trade him it better not be to the Rams because Sam doesn't need a pri-madona wideout ******** and moaning because he's not getting the ball thrown his way every damn time.

When did he bitch and moan when he didn't get the ball thrown his way. Why does he have a cancerous attitude. The guy just wants to play ball and gives his all every down that he's out there. You should be praying that he goes to the Rams as he would be absolutely nasty out there with them.

SoonerDan74012
1/19/2011, 12:08 AM
When did he bitch and moan when he didn't get the ball thrown his way. Why does he have a cancerous attitude. The guy just wants to play ball and gives his all every down that he's out there. You should be praying that he goes to the Rams as he would be absolutely nasty out there with them.

Obviously you didn't watch the numerous tirades and hissy fits he threw on the sidelines this season. He is a T.O. clone who can and will destroy a locker room and it appears it has already started.

CowboyMRW
1/19/2011, 12:11 AM
Obviously you didn't watch his sideline tirades this season.

No i definitely did and I saw no tirades. I hate Dallas but I never missed a game so until Dez got hurt. Just because he wore orange for a school just north of Norman is the sole reason that you hate him. Don't try and act like it's not. If he would've went to OU, you would be praising him and saying he's going to be great, and that Dallas should wake up and give him the damn ball every pass play

bigfatjerk
1/19/2011, 12:11 AM
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2011/01/per-vice-presiddent-stephen-jones-any-reports-of-the-cowboys-thinking-about-trading-dez-bryant-are-t.html?#ixzz1BQiRZYeq

CrimsonRez
1/19/2011, 12:12 AM

Normally I agree with you, but you still see him with that osu jersey on. Gotta look at it from a different perspective. Guy is kind of a *** from what I hear from friends in dallas.

CowboyMRW
1/19/2011, 12:18 AM
I'm just saying that yes indeed he's cocky. I could see that when I watched him play in Stillwater, but the best have to have some cockiness in them to drive them. I've been to parties with him, even had a class with him, and he didn't seem to be an a*s while he was here. Granted, people change.

Plus, the only real thing I've ever heard come from the NFL about him, was from Patrick Crayton, who got the boot for Dez. Patrick should've been better is all I can say.

CowboyMRW
1/19/2011, 12:19 AM
Normally I agree with you, but you still see him with that osu jersey on. Gotta look at it from a different perspective. Guy is kind of a *** from what I hear from friends in dallas.

Maybe I do, but he was by far my favorite player here. I had a serious man-crush on the dude and it's hard to let go. :D

Why does letting go have to be so hard ;)

KBoomer11
1/19/2011, 12:29 AM
He is a top 5 receiver in the league right NOW. They won't trade him. At least that's what my source said. :)

pappy
1/19/2011, 12:32 AM
He is a top 5 receiver in the league right NOW. They won't trade him. At least that's what my source said. :)

He is NOT a top 5 receiver in the league right NOW!

That's almost as dumb a quote as when Kim Kardashian said Austin Miles is the best wr in the league!

Miles isn't even the best wr in texas!

Dez wasn't even the best rookie wr this year. See Mike Williams in Tampa Bay.

DarrellZero
1/19/2011, 12:45 AM

That's almost as dumb a quote as when Kim Kardashian said Austin Miles is the best wr in the league!

You mean Miles Austin?

CrimsonRez
1/19/2011, 01:21 AM
Maybe I do, but he was by far my favorite player here. I had a serious man-crush on the dude and it's hard to let go. :D

Why does letting go have to be so hard ;)

lol

olevetonahill
1/19/2011, 01:31 AM
No i definitely did and I saw no tirades. I hate Dallas but I never missed a game so until Dez got hurt. Just because he wore orange for a school just north of Norman is the sole reason that you hate him. Don't try and act like it's not. If he would've went to OU, you would be praising him and saying he's going to be great, and that Dallas should wake up and give him the damn ball every pass play

Bro, I hate anything with "Cowboys" in their handle

sperry
1/19/2011, 01:44 AM
Would love for the Rams to get him, or TO. TO pisses and moans and whines off the field, but he has always given it his all on the field, and he's a first ballot hall of famer. Sam Bradford is a smart enough, confident enough person to tune out any stupid crap that comes out of these idiots' mouths. The Rams have invested $50 million in him, so he's not going anywhere, and he's not getting benched if a TO or someone cried about not getting the ball enough.

He needs playmakers on the field right now more than he needs choir boys in the locker room. I'm sure Brandon Gibson, Donnie Avery, Danny Amendola, and Denario Alexander are nice guys who aren't gonna cause any problems in the locker room. Unfortunately, they can't get open or catch the ball consistently, which means they aren't doing Sam any good at all.

sooner59
1/19/2011, 02:35 AM
Sam would tell him to get his **** straight or GTFO! :D

jharkins
1/19/2011, 08:14 AM
Any nfl team would "entertain" trades offers for just about anyone. This will never happen. Check out the cowboys receiver depth. They have Miles then who? Here in Dallas he is very highly regarded and one of the few bright spots on the team.

sooner518
1/19/2011, 08:29 AM
heard this on the radio and it sounds as if one little quote taken out of context started the whole thing. Dez aint goin anywhere anytime soon.

85sooners
1/19/2011, 08:40 AM
My source said dez is gay

OUmillenium
1/19/2011, 09:08 AM
I would put the % on his being gay at 70-50.

BigTime1
1/19/2011, 09:20 AM
sheep herder or not Dez was without a doubt the most prolific rookie this year and also a top 5 heck top 3 guy until he got hurt...mike freakin williams couldnt tie his shoes...he is a game changer and a heck of a reciever and all around player in general...he can make any offense more effective just by being on the field because he demands so much attention and if you dont give it to him he will take it to the house in a second...attitude yes some but that can be controlled but he also plays and runs with that same attitude which makes him so explosive...it was a heck of a pick by Dallas and he for sure wont go anywhere nor should he unless a team offered some ridiculous players for him...Hes the kind of player that makes fans watch and get excited about the Cowboys every down they play...Thats what every team dreams to have and they sure wont give it up

fwsooner22
1/19/2011, 09:25 AM
From what I read, see and hear and I live in Fort Worth Dez isn't going anywhere. I am not a Cowboys fan but I love watching Dez play. The only neg I have ever heard is that he has issues with the playbook.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 09:27 AM
sports reporting is such a fraud.

Its amazing that hypothetical situation brought up on a radio station can be turned into print and then BAM! its a rumor circulating like crazy.

Bottom line, the Cowboys would be fools to trade him. He's a prima donna? Guess what? Every NFL receiver is. Thats why all of their egos are so fragile.

swardboy
1/19/2011, 09:28 AM
He has "Dexter Manleyitis" ?

OUthunder
1/19/2011, 10:06 AM
Bro, I hate anything with "Cowboys" in their handle

Wyoming is OK. :D

Dio
1/19/2011, 10:23 AM
Somehow I doubt Patrick Crayton is an expert on being a selfless, team player kind of guy.

SoonerDan74012
1/19/2011, 10:54 AM
Somehow I doubt Patrick Crayton is an expert on being a selfless, team player kind of guy.

He is a pretty mouthy punk too. That's why he's no longer in Dallas other than the fact that he sucks.

pappy
1/19/2011, 11:47 AM
You mean Miles Austin?

lol yes. When I was typing it I was like Austin Miles doesn't sound right.

pappy
1/19/2011, 11:49 AM
sheep herder or not Dez was without a doubt the most prolific rookie this year and also a top 5 heck top 3 guy until he got hurt...mike freakin williams couldnt tie his shoes...he is a game changer and a heck of a reciever and all around player in general...he can make any offense more effective just by being on the field because he demands so much attention and if you dont give it to him he will take it to the house in a second...attitude yes some but that can be controlled but he also plays and runs with that same attitude which makes him so explosive...it was a heck of a pick by Dallas and he for sure wont go anywhere nor should he unless a team offered some ridiculous players for him...Hes the kind of player that makes fans watch and get excited about the Cowboys every down they play...Thats what every team dreams to have and they sure wont give it up

top 5/top 3 in the entire league?!?! You're either kidding or an idiot. It is 1 or the other and those are your ONLY options!

Dez averaged less than 50 receiving yards per game! He isn't even top 10 wr in the league...He will be later in his career but not right now!

CowboyMRW
1/19/2011, 11:50 AM
He has "Dexter Manleyitis" ?

Dez could read a little bit better

BusterRhymes86
1/19/2011, 12:27 PM
GET RID OF THE FAKE ROY WILLIAMS....HE SUCKS

Dexa
1/19/2011, 01:57 PM
GET RID OF THE FAKE ROY WILLIAMS....HE SUCKS

Because the real Roy Williams is so game-changing?

SCOUT
1/19/2011, 02:04 PM
Dez played better than Miles Austin for a good portion of the season. Miles had a bad case of the dropsies this year. Dez played harder and produced more than most other Cowboys did. This doesn't even include his impact on special teams.

He isn't going any where.

Breadburner
1/19/2011, 02:11 PM
Dez played better than Miles Austin for a good portion of the season. Miles had a bad case of the dropsies this year. Dez played harder and produced more than most other Cowboys did. This doesn't even include his impact on special teams.

He isn't going any where.

Kim Kardashian turned his **** upside down.......!!!!!

BigTime1
1/19/2011, 02:21 PM
top 5/top 3 in the entire league?!?! You're either kidding or an idiot. It is 1 or the other and those are your ONLY options!

Dez averaged less than 50 receiving yards per game! He isn't even top 10 wr in the league...He will be later in his career but not right now!

Maybe your an idiot...if your basis is freakin STATS...did you read the part about demanding attention...he demands as much as anybody in the league which gives the offense a huge advantage and with those stats I still would take him healthy as a top 3

pappy
1/19/2011, 02:34 PM
Maybe your an idiot...if your basis is freakin STATS...did you read the part about demanding attention...he demands as much as anybody in the league which gives the offense a huge advantage and with those stats I still would take him healthy as a top 3

And you would lose games and eventually be fired for bad judgement on talent. You're telling me if you were the 3rd pick and every team in the league was picking wr's and you only get a player for 1 season that you would pick Dez Bryant?

I have a hard time believing that.

BigTime1
1/19/2011, 02:37 PM
Yes honestly I would and I really dont think it would be a bad one

pappy
1/19/2011, 02:40 PM
Yes honestly I would and I really dont think it would be a bad one

I'm honestly shocked by that statement but to each his own I suppose.

ouleaf
1/19/2011, 02:43 PM
Pretty sure this is bullsh....can't believe KFOR actually ran with this.

BigTime1
1/19/2011, 02:48 PM
I'm honestly shocked by that statement but to each his own I suppose.

I agree to each his own to me he just has a ton of value as a reciever a defensive adjustment and a returner...that can run through tackles and then run away from you...I dont see how you get much better...Whos your 1-3

pappy
1/19/2011, 02:52 PM
off the top of my head ... I would take Andre Johnson, Larry Fitsgerald and Roddy White or Reggie Wayne.

BigTime1
1/19/2011, 02:57 PM
Andre Johnson Roddy White exactly my thoughts then Dez I think your other 2 have been through their best days and theyre just not as explosive as these 3

pappy
1/19/2011, 03:01 PM
but what I'm arguing is saying he's top 3 as of today...I think Dez has a great future but today I just can't take him top 3 or really after the 3 I named I'd have to go (in no particular order) desean jackson, calvin johnson, greg jennings, brandon marshall (had some drops this year) Hakeem Nicks and then maybe Dez ... it would be hard to not take welker also.

pappy
1/19/2011, 03:02 PM
And to say Reggie Wayne is on the downslide is a bit of a leap he still had 100+ catches this year.

pappy
1/19/2011, 03:03 PM
And Fitz had horrible qb play this year. Cardinals need a new QB bad.

BigTime1
1/19/2011, 03:06 PM
Yes and out of those is Desean Jackson which I cant stand nevertheless he is a game changer and pretty dang good the others not as effective to have as Bryant

badger
1/19/2011, 03:11 PM
When I first read this thread title, I thought Jerry Jones was trying to take his #88 jersey back for another receiving target the best way he knew how (trade the dude with the number).

But, reading that link to Star-Tele, I think the issue coaches vs. players.

And the coach got fired.

In the NFL, it's the players with the power, the big contracts, the ones putting butts in the seats, etc. In college, the coaches control everything and give fans hope for great things to come and reason to renew season tix, in NFL, it's the players.

As such, in JJ's eyes, it's probably the coaches' faults that Dez was late to meetings and had bad attitudes and whatever else Patrick was trying to pin on him... and as such, it will be the new coaches' responsibilities to make Dez happy and on time.

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 04:16 PM
did you see where jj is gonna sell tickets for the area OUTSIDE the stadium.
200 smackers per each to watch the game on tv. what maroons.

the kicker is (to me) the nfl is gonna let these morons count towards the total attendance. anything to please king jerrah.

he's gotta break the record !!!

he's got a helluva stadium, he just didn't build it big enuff.

BusterRhymes86
1/19/2011, 04:30 PM

What does that have to do with the Cowboys receivers? Stay on topic...thanks

badger
1/19/2011, 04:33 PM
JJ probably thinks he's doing people a favor considering face value inside the stadium starts at $200 :rolleyes:

Even if the Packers go, don't wanna give that old miser anymore money

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 04:37 PM
i don't wanna give him any more money either. one game was enuff or maybe too much.

all i remember for sure was that 3 beers & a bottled water cost $29.

cleller
1/19/2011, 04:44 PM
I'd trade him for a 10 year old Schwinn and a few Hot Wheels.

47straight
1/19/2011, 04:52 PM

I've seen the Real Roy Williams intercept a pass and return it for a walk-off touchdown in overtime on MNF. So yeah.

Dio
1/19/2011, 06:19 PM

2d6cU2DwQRg

STFU nOOb

Sooner_Tuf
1/19/2011, 07:27 PM
6 TDs, 45 catches, 12 Games. It is what it is.

SOONER STEAKER
1/19/2011, 07:56 PM
Let him play another year, put up with his BS and trade him for many draft picks like the Vikings did with Hershel Walker.

ashley
1/19/2011, 08:34 PM
If the report is true it has to be attitude and work habits. These have been in place since th seventh grade and hard habits to break.

OULenexaman
1/19/2011, 09:20 PM
This was on the airwaves here in KC....the Chiefs would love to have him.

OULenexaman
1/19/2011, 09:24 PM
JJ probably thinks he's doing people a favor considering face value inside the stadium starts at $200 :rolleyes:

Even if the Packers go, don't wanna give that old miser anymore money Da Bears are sending your Packers to clean out the lockers back in Lambeau.:D No birds to beat in Chi-town.;)

Ruf/Nek7
1/19/2011, 09:25 PM
This is retarded! These are as credible as that rumor that came out about Landry Jones being a crack dealer!

THE-JROD
1/19/2011, 09:26 PM
Im sorry, but I hate OSU, Love the Dallas cowboys, and I honestly think Dez Bryant is a good fit for them. I watch Dallas every Sunday and have yet to see him throw a fit such like T.O. You may see him say a few things about not gettin the ball, but NOTHING like T.O.. No one needs to compare him to T.O.!!! Dez makes plays!! He goes and gets the ball! Once again, I hate OSU, but I like Dez being with the cowboys. He's a playmaker!

OUthunder
1/19/2011, 09:30 PM
i don't wanna give him any more money either. one game was enuff or maybe too much.

all i remember for sure was that 3 beers & a bottled water cost $29.

Compared to the Fiesta Bowl...you got a good deal.

texaspokieokie
1/20/2011, 09:22 AM
Compared to the Fiesta Bowl...you got a good deal.

good for JJ.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/20/2011, 10:05 AM
You don't see many people standing up for Malcolm Kelly around here.

King Barry's Back
1/20/2011, 10:10 AM

Dez wasn't even the best rookie wr this year. See Mike Williams in Tampa Bay.

It's a pretty good bet that anything any Kardashian says could make most any "top 5" stupidity list.

Dexa
1/20/2011, 11:03 AM
What does that have to do with the Cowboys receivers? Stay on topic...thanks

I've seen the Real Roy Williams intercept a pass and return it for a walk-off touchdown in overtime on MNF. So yeah.

2d6cU2DwQRg

STFU nOOb

My bad. I read it as you were calling Dez a fake Roy williams to the current Roy Williams on the Cowboys.

Makes more sense now after the tongue lashing :)

BusterRhymes86
1/20/2011, 11:10 AM
I want Dallas to keep Dez...he was the only one that was playing hard while Phillips was still coaching.

badger
1/20/2011, 03:49 PM
Da Bears are sending your Packers to clean out the lockers back in Lambeau.:D No birds to beat in Chi-town.;)

(flipping you the bird)

oubose
1/20/2011, 09:45 PM
should've seen that coming!!