PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Carter going to TCU

josh09
1/18/2011, 10:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=6035431&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Just heard it, I didn't check really if it was already a thread, so excuse this if it is.

CrimsonRez
1/18/2011, 10:33 PM
he wants to go to a national championship contender with tradition, obviously

BASSooner
1/18/2011, 10:35 PM
oh well. we'll just win without him. his loss

Rocko
Cool beans.

CatfishSooner
who the hell is that??

sooner518
1/18/2011, 10:43 PM
good luck to him. hes a good player who im sure will do well there, playing every week in front of 35,000 fans with no hope for a national title.

usaosooner
1/18/2011, 10:45 PM
Wish him the best, wanted to play WR, we recruited him as a DB

Good luck Carter!

MyT Oklahoma
1/18/2011, 10:54 PM
Everybody should go where they are the most comfortable and that's not always Norman.

I wish him the best unless TCU plays OU.

P.S. Stoops was right not to be worried about too many committments.. huh?

Dan Thompson
1/18/2011, 10:56 PM
It is amazing that some of these kids can't leave home, must be afraid to do their own laundry.

Dwight
1/18/2011, 10:58 PM
Have fun winning that 2011 NC…………NOT!!:D :confused: :) :D

SoonerNima
1/18/2011, 11:01 PM
who's going to throw to him?
i thought 6 year starter andy dalton finally graduated

OUthunder
1/18/2011, 11:01 PM
I like how he said that TCU was like his HS. Yep, you'll be playin in front of small crowds until you play a road game.

Good luck kid.

Salt City Sooner
1/18/2011, 11:02 PM
Everybody should go where they are the most comfortable and that's not always Norman.

I wish him the best unless TCU plays OU.

P.S. Stoops was right not to be worried about too many committments.. huh?
Guess who we're currently scheduled to open 2012 with......

MyT Oklahoma
1/18/2011, 11:08 PM
Guess who we're currently scheduled to open 2012 with......

I dunno.. who? LOL

sooner518
1/18/2011, 11:10 PM
I like how he said that TCU was like his HS. Yep, you'll be playin in front of small crowds until you play a road game.

Good luck kid.

even smaller than usual with the demolished west stands at TCU that wont be finished for another couple years. wonder if theyll be able to fill it, especially once they lose a couple games next year

SoonerOX
1/18/2011, 11:50 PM
Wish you well kid....there's some of that attrition stoops talked about.

pappy
1/19/2011, 12:11 AM
He was never a sooner so no big loss.

Sooner02
1/19/2011, 12:18 AM
Who?

SGA
1/19/2011, 12:23 AM
He probably just wants to play right away. With all the talent at OU, he wouldn't play for awhile. That says a lot about our current squad.

rainiersooner
1/19/2011, 12:23 AM
It is amazing that some of these kids can't leave home, must be afraid to do their own laundry.

Worked out pretty well for us with Broyles....

rainiersooner
1/19/2011, 12:26 AM
He probably just wants to play right away. With all the talent at OU, he wouldn't play for awhile. That says a lot about our current squad.

Yeah, I guess he just got himself a lot more playing time!!!

In all seriousness, I wonder if it's better to be a starter at TCU - a solid program, than on the scout team at OU. As an OU fan, I would say OU. But take the fan out of it...would you rather be a starter at TCU than Alabama?

I think the trade off is being around a culture of excellence, versus being able to be more individually excellent....

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 01:13 AM
In the end, he just wants to play for TCU more than OU. It'll probably work out okay for him.

yermom
1/19/2011, 01:37 AM
it's probably pretty tough to break into our WR corp with that kind of size

Keller Sooner
1/19/2011, 02:02 AM
I like this kid a lot. I hate that OU lost him, but I wish him well at TCU. You never know how these kids will turn out at the next level, but I expect him to be a big playmaker for them.

yankee
1/19/2011, 02:03 AM
it's probably pretty tough to break into our WR corp with that kind of size

He's got Joe Powell's measurables, and Powell was 2nd on the depth chart behind Broyles. Now, obviously Joe didn't play this year but that's not to say that BC's lack of height/weight would have kept him from playing.

gaylordfan1
1/19/2011, 03:09 AM
attrition?

Okie35
1/19/2011, 05:52 AM
In the end, he just wants to play for TCU more than OU. It'll probably work out okay for him.

Yea, wish him the best. It's not a loss.

jharkins
1/19/2011, 08:04 AM
I saw him play at euless trinity and he is no don't a great talent. You can also tell that he knows it. Wish the kid all the best. Wonder how he will feel when the tcu bubble bursts...

SC Sooner
1/19/2011, 08:39 AM
Good luck to you Brandon. See you in 2012.

85sooners
1/19/2011, 08:44 AM
****em

swardboy
1/19/2011, 08:53 AM
****em

Thank you for expressing our true feelings....stinkin' false well-wishing....

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 09:00 AM
noticed in that article that he's jumped up to a "4-star".

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 09:13 AM
Good luck to him..

Another reason I don't get excited about any player until he puts the OU uni on and actually does something for the Sooners

Sooners78
1/19/2011, 09:37 AM
who the hell is that??

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID778/images/Brandon_Carter_2.jpg

rekamrettuB
1/19/2011, 09:45 AM
As for the question above, I would rather start at TCU over scout teaming at OU/Bama. Now if you restated the question as "would you rather scout team 2-3 years at OU/Bama and guarantee starting for 2-3 over starting at TCU for 4 years" I would have to say OU/Bama.

stoopified
1/19/2011, 09:50 AM
I always sy players can come to OU and win championships or go elsewhere and watch OU win championships.

Widescreen
1/19/2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=131161

Look out, the horned frogs are monitoring your behavior. :rolleyes:

Apparently everyone in this thread is hating on Carter.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 10:09 AM
I knew I shouldn't have wished him good luck..that is pure hate

Widescreen
1/19/2011, 10:11 AM
I knew I shouldn't have wished him good luck..that is pure hate

Yeah, thanks a-hole. Now random TCU web fan has a reduced opinion of us.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 10:17 AM
I am sorry for offending, random TCU web fan.

Dio
1/19/2011, 10:19 AM
I'm sure we can find somebody to....wait- what did this kid ever do for us?

fwsooner22
1/19/2011, 10:38 AM
Don't worry about the TCU fandom. They are still having school sponsored events/parties/celebrations (as of two days ago) because of a bowl game win that happened weeks ago. They have no idea what awaits them in the likes of the Carrier Dome or Pitt. People in that area HATE Texas. Every road game will be like Oregon/OU.

I do wish the kid all the luck in the world except when they play us. If you come to OU you have to come ready to compete and wait your turn. That simply isn't true at TCU. I don't blame him at all.

BigTime1
1/19/2011, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Widescreen;3124017]http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=131161

He decided to go there...good for them and him too if thats what he wants...I actually wanted them to play for the championship this year and have never minded them before but after reading that I have devoloped a sudden HATE for the fag frogs and hope their ship hits a piece of ice bigger than the titanic did

jumperstop
1/19/2011, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=Widescreen;3124017]http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=131161

He decided to go there...good for them and him too if thats what he wants...I actually wanted them to play for the championship this year and have never minded them before but after reading that I have devoloped a sudden HATE for the fag frogs and hope their ship hits a piece of ice bigger than the titanic did

Funny I feel the exact same way. Is the guy serious who said what does OU have that we don't. Un where to begin....probably somewhere around 7 National championships would be my guess.

rekamrettuB
1/19/2011, 10:57 AM

If you hate a school because of their internet fans you might as well cross off every school not named Oklahoma University.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 10:58 AM
Im pretty sure Widescreen doesn't want to be misquoted like that

sperry
1/19/2011, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=BigTime1;3124058]

If you hate a school because of their internet fans you might as well cross off every school not named Oklahoma University.

If it was just based on internet fans, I wouldn't like OU either. When the team is good, the internet fans get obnoxiously arrogant. Lose a couple games, and they start to eat their young.

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=rekamrettuB;3124076]

If it was just based on internet fans, I wouldn't like OU either. When the team is good, the internet fans get obnoxiously arrogant. Lose a couple games, and they start to eat their young.

hate to say it, but it's true.

sooner518
1/19/2011, 11:11 AM
Now all they can talk about is how we can only put 35,000 in the stands...

This is my favorite. He's referencing my comment and I stand by it. Hell, I go to TCU. I'm on campus 3-4 days a week (in the MBA program). I've been to multiple TCU games over the past 2 years. The stadium holds 44,000. The only game I have been to that sold out was the Utah game last year. Every other game was around 75% full.

We have the fact that we're closer to home to most all the recruits, have smaller classes, are in a cool city, and (I would presume, but I don't know) a nicer campus.
- closer to home. pretty much true for anyone from Texas.
- in a cool city. uhhhh, sorry to burst your bubble, but the area around TCU is pretty dead. 7th street, where all the bars are is maybe comparable to OU's campus corner, but its 4 miles north of campus, and its not all that great.
- nicer campus. obviously this guy hasnt been to OU in the past 10 years. TCU's campus is pretty nice, but OU's is nicer. and every time I walk around TCU, I cant help but feel that nothing is happenning on campus. i guess its just the smaller school feel or maybe Im disconnected being in grad school as opposed to undergrad, but it just kinda feels dead.

it sounds like BC wants to play receiver and thats fine. i have no idea if he wouldve cracked the WR rotation at OU. but the chances are, with the players we have coming back at that position, that he wouldnt play much next year. its just simple math. he's got a bunch of seniors (Broyles and Miller), a couple other players who contributed alot this past year (stills and Franks), along with an incoming high school all american. no offense to the guy, but he probably wouldnt play much next year

go4eight
1/19/2011, 11:12 AM
Well at least he let the OU coaches know now instaed of waiting for the last moment..It's a little late to replace him with another quality CB at this time..Good luck Mr.Carter!!Go Sooners!!!!!!!!!

fwsooner22
1/19/2011, 11:20 AM
Isn't it great when some snot nosed student criticizes how another campus looks and then admits he's never been there. I want that 5 minutes back. Why did I waste my time on a TCU board.

KantoSooner
1/19/2011, 11:21 AM
If he prefers TCU for whatever reason, more power to him. He seems like an excellent recruit, but you never know who will perform and who won't. We've had plenty go either way (low star to superstar and vice versa). OU will be just fine.
As will Mr. Carter, if he plays his cards right. As will TCU.
Recruiting drama is overdone.

sooner518
1/19/2011, 11:21 AM
Isn't it great when some snot nosed student criticizes how another campus looks and then admits he's never been there. I want that 5 minutes back. Why did I waste my time on a TCU board.

haha at least he admitted he's never stepped foot in Norman. Im glad that I was able to set him straight as I have much experience on both campuses.

man these people sure are angry about something. i havent really seen anyone bagging on Carter on here yet they're acting like we're talking about driving to Euless to slash his tires

rekamrettuB
1/19/2011, 11:45 AM

Good point.

Widescreen
1/19/2011, 12:00 PM
Im pretty sure Widescreen doesn't want to be misquoted like that

Sure I do. If it weren't for misquotes, the Internet would be a lot less fun. :D

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 12:58 PM
We all know that only OU fans express disappointment and bitterness over a recruit's decision to go elsewhere. Horn fans are especially understanding when one of their own decides to go north of the Red River. "Excellent choice!" they always say.

yermom
1/19/2011, 01:11 PM
haha at least he admitted he's never stepped foot in Norman. Im glad that I was able to set him straight as I have much experience on both campuses.

man these people sure are angry about something. i havent really seen anyone bagging on Carter on here yet they're acting like we're talking about driving to Euless to slash his tires

yep, not bagging. the link said he wanted to play WR and we were recruiting him as a DB.

of course, we didn't really have room for Welker either :D

i was just at the TCU campus over the Summer. it seemed nice, but didn't look like anything special. more homey than UT or aTm though, if that makes any sense

BigTime1
1/19/2011, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=]

Great Call because I do...except Alabama and Arkansas for some reason... and I also kinda like the old schoolness of the South Florida players.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/19/2011, 02:04 PM
Posts here don't seem as bitter as the stupic horny toad would imply...

Best of luck to Carter. Hope he likes playing in the big least. I guess TCU shot their wad this year, I don't see them being as good for a while...

PalmBeachSooner
1/19/2011, 02:27 PM

He wouldn't have played right away as a WR but maybe as a DB.

josh09
1/19/2011, 03:45 PM
http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=131161

Look out, the horned frogs are monitoring your behavior. :rolleyes:

Apparently everyone in this thread is hating on Carter.

I don't know why some of them are so hostile, I only posted this because it was news regarding our football team. I wasn't saying that I was mad about it, or that TCU sucks or something like that. Sure, I'm disappointed about the guy not coming here after he's been committed for awhile, but there's nothing we can do except wish him luck.

:pop:

josh09
1/19/2011, 03:46 PM
Also TCU fans, I don't think anyone is bitter...

Widescreen
1/19/2011, 03:55 PM
I don't know why some of them are so hostile, I only posted this because it was news regarding our football team. I wasn't saying that I was mad about it, or that TCU sucks or something like that. Sure, I'm disappointed about the guy not coming here after he's been committed for awhile, but there's nothing we can do except wish him luck.

:pop:

Well, the one guy referred to OU a "fossil" program so that may be part of the mentality.

josh09
1/19/2011, 03:58 PM
Well, the one guy referred to OU a "fossil" program so that may be part of the mentality.

We'll see who has a "fossil" program after our 2012 game :D

Widescreen
1/19/2011, 04:16 PM
And by the way, I'm not sure how OU is determined to be a fossil. When did TCU start playing football? Just because they've sucked during most of their program history doesn't make programs that have been successful during that time a fossil. :confused:

adoniijahsooner
1/19/2011, 04:58 PM
It's funny people always refer back to us losing to TCU in 2005, but they walk over the 35-10 spanking we gave them in 2008. Next time I'm on University Drive, I just might visit their trophy case and see when was the last time they won a National Championship.

47straight
1/19/2011, 04:59 PM
I guess we'll have to wait a while before they reach Okie Light status and decide to come on here themselves.

KantoSooner
1/19/2011, 05:00 PM
better pack a lunch. you gonna be waiting a looooong time.

PLaw
1/19/2011, 05:18 PM
Good natural athlete - saw him play in the Texas HS championship game. The way he handled the ball looked a little scary and he will need to improve those fundamentals at the next level.

I think he would probably have been an all-conference DB eventually at OU.

Good luck to him - I'm sure TCU will be good, but it will be interesting to see how they stack up with a new QB next year.

BOOMER

PLaw
1/19/2011, 05:20 PM
And by the way, I'm not sure how OU is determined to be a fossil. When did TCU start playing football? Just because they've sucked big time during most of their program history doesn't make programs that have been successful during that time a fossil. :confused:

^^^^Fixed

Big D Sooner
1/19/2011, 05:27 PM
Best of luck to Carter, you've got to go where you fit in. OU will be just fine.

I'm a little surprised by the TCU hostility, all of my TCU friends were always pretty cool and I never felt the OU hatred. I did think it was funny that one guy just assumed that their campus is nicer despite never seeing OU. Just because it's Oklahoma, I guess, OU must be teepees on a barren wasteland. Ignorant bastard.

After reading all of that crap, I can't wait to put them back in their place.

sooner518
1/19/2011, 05:31 PM
It's funny people always refer back to us losing to TCU in 2005, but they walk over the 35-10 spanking we gave them in 2008. Next time I'm on University Drive, I just might visit their trophy case and see when was the last time they won a National Championship.

SoonerOX
1/19/2011, 05:40 PM

If by fossil they mean an established, rich in championship tradition, and conference dominance...I'll take it. The toads wouldn't know anything about that. One bigtime win in 50 plus years is laughable.

LiveLaughLove
1/19/2011, 05:43 PM
They need to tone down the rhetoric. Killer Frogs ! How un-PC.

Do they really want to kill people? or are they inciting someone to violence?

As for the kid, don't know him. Wont miss him. Doubt Stoops loses much sleep over it.

I'd be gracious and wish him luck, but I really don't since we will be playing against them. I don't wish him bad either. Just don't care.

All I care about is that darned killer thing. That's got me nervous, especially from a school in a southern state.

Lord knows those people are gun toting crazies that will kill when told too!

picasso
1/19/2011, 06:16 PM
I did an art exhibit at the library in downtown FW back in 2006. It's a nice enough place.
Good luck to the kid.

oubose
1/19/2011, 06:17 PM
Doesn't he sing back-up for justin bieber? Good luck kid I sure won't miss you

Sooner_Tuf
1/19/2011, 07:49 PM
Good Luck Brandon. Hope you tear it up at TCU.

birddog
1/19/2011, 08:52 PM
some guys are cut out for the medium time ,and then some guys are cut out for the BIG TIME.

Soonermagik
1/19/2011, 09:02 PM
It's not a TCU or OU thing. A lot of these kids want playing time right now. Cam Newton was interested in OU, but didn't come due to LJ. This shouldn't be shocking, I don't know why people are mad.

Plus, how many times have we seen hyped recruits do nothing?? OU will be fine without him.

FroggyStyle22
1/19/2011, 09:35 PM
They need to tone down the rhetoric. Killer Frogs ! How un-PC.

Do they really want to kill people? or are they inciting someone to violence?

All I care about is that darned killer thing. That's got me nervous, especially from a school in a southern state.

Lord knows those people are gun toting crazies that will kill when told too!

Ha ha. The killerfrogs website was started by a basketball fan. We had a bb coach named Jim Killingsworth back in the 80's and his teams were known as the killer frogs. Probably should be known as the dead frogs now :mad:

Don't take the guys on killerfrogs too seriously they have their blowhards just like everyone else. Most of us are just happy to be elevating the level of talent coming on to campus. Will be interesting to see what Gary Patterson and Co. can do with it.

Good luck next year.

sooner ngintunr
1/19/2011, 09:37 PM
Cam Newton was interested in OU, but didn't come due to $180,000. This shouldn't be shocking, I don't know why people are mad.

fify

Al Gore
1/19/2011, 10:06 PM
Good luck to the kid.....I believe he realized the depth at receiver and DB we have in this program. At TCU he will probably start and make an impact.

sooner518
1/19/2011, 10:17 PM
Ha ha. The killerfrogs website was started by a basketball fan. We had a bb coach named Jim Killingsworth back in the 80's and his teams were known as the killer frogs. Probably should be known as the dead frogs now :mad:

Probably not quite as dead as our men's bball team this year....:(
hell, your women's team upset ours this year.

adoniijahsooner
1/20/2011, 12:14 AM
It's not a TCU or OU thing. A lot of these kids want playing time right now. Cam Newton was interested in OU, but didn't come due to LJ. This shouldn't be shocking, I don't know why people are mad.

Plus, how many times have we seen hyped recruits do nothing?? OU will be fine without him.

Cam Newton won the Heisman and a National Championship:( ....bad example.

Soonermagik
1/20/2011, 08:44 AM
Cam Newton won the Heisman and a National Championship:( ....bad example.

True.. his hype was worth it. He would have likely done the same here, but OU refused to bid. :(

Boomer Mooner
1/20/2011, 12:36 PM
I keep seeing people refer to an OU vs TCU game in 2012. Where is this info coming from? I can't find anything on OU's 2012 schedule or TCU's indicating we play each other.

Boomer Mooner
1/20/2011, 12:38 PM
Carp! Nevermind, I found it

adoniijahsooner
1/20/2011, 06:23 PM
True.. his hype was worth it. He would have likely done the same here, but OU refused to bid. :(

180 grand was well worth is for auburn. Just think how much money was made from that National Championship game. Although I dont think Brandon Carter would have that sort of impact.

Sooner70
1/22/2011, 09:31 PM
That's OK. He needs to do what he thinks he needs to do. Hate to lose a good recruit, but rather now than later. The bright side to something like this is sometimes it opens up an opportunity for someone else.....maybe unheralded but really good, just waiting for their shot.

I'd rather have a kid that really wants to go to OU and be a Sooner vs. a lukewarm recruit any day. We don't need those. Not saying that's applicable here, just a thought.