PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bonamassa

OUthunder
1/18/2011, 06:37 PM
I just saw this guy on DirecTV this weekend on the 101 and I heard some of his stuff and was impressed. Then I went to iTunes and listened to Sloe Gin and The Ballad of John Henry and was quickly blown away.

I eventually purchased his album entitled "Live From Royal Albert Hall" and was really blown away with his music. I'm thinking I probably just listened to one of the best live albums from one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

Anyone else heard of this guy. I guess I'd consider him a blues rocker of sorts.

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 07:49 PM
Dude. Shut up. Joe Bonamassa?

To put it in the words of Lott's Bandana: "he is not of this world."

If you EVER get a chance to catch him live you better effing do it. This guy could possibly be the best guitar player I have ever seen live - and that's saying a lot.

Seriously, he's coming to Tulsa on February 27th, and KC on March 3. If you can possibly make it, do it. His live version of ZZTop's "Just Got Paid" mixed with Zep's "Dazed and Confused" is EPIC. You need to witness it.

Geez. I sound like I did when I was a pothead. NTTAWWT.

SunnySooner
1/18/2011, 10:52 PM
He's one of my boy's heroes, unearthly. Also check out Albert Lee, if you like a little country/bluegrass flavor. He's a Brit, and another freak.

bluedogok
1/18/2011, 11:10 PM
He has a new band that he is working with, Black Country Communion (http://www.bccommunion.com/) with Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath), Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater).

OUthunder
1/18/2011, 11:14 PM
Dude. Shut up. Joe Bonamassa?

To put it in the words of Lott's Bandana: "he is not of this world."

If you EVER get a chance to catch him live you better effing do it. This guy could possibly be the best guitar player I have ever seen live - and that's saying a lot.

Seriously, he's coming to Tulsa on February 27th, and KC on March 3. If you can possibly make it, do it. His live version of ZZTop's "Just Got Paid" mixed with Zep's "Dazed and Confused" is EPIC. You need to witness it.

Geez. I sound like I did when I was a pothead. NTTAWWT.

If i can get a sitter we're going. How big is the Brady Theatre? Looks like the Civic center in size.

PhilTLL
1/18/2011, 11:33 PM
A good friend of mine is his current guitar tech.

A Sooner in Texas
1/19/2011, 12:08 AM
I've got another discovery for you guys:

http://www.erictessmerband.com/band.php

dwarthog
1/19/2011, 08:17 AM
What CC said, if you get the chance to see him live, it is worth it. Dude can play.

OULenexaman
1/19/2011, 11:17 AM
I have been listening to Joe since his very 1st release in 94. Bloodline.....there used to be a special on him on Bravo channel back in 93 and 94...

OUmillenium
1/19/2011, 11:31 AM
I think the Brady seats 4500-5000, not a bad seat in the house. Saw Motley Crue there about 10 yrs ago.