PDA

View Full Version : Kendal Thompson article

badger
1/18/2011, 05:18 PM
Before the Nebraska game in 2000 — the one that propelled the Sooners into the No. 1 ranking they would not relinquish — 8-year-old Kendal got to meet quarterback Josh Heupel, even got to pose for a photograph. Oh, the irony. On Tuesday, when Thompson began classes and football workouts at OU a semester early, Heupel became his position coach.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110118_92_0_Whyexa996198)

Mad Dog Madsen
1/18/2011, 05:28 PM
Good read!

Leroy Lizard
1/18/2011, 05:44 PM
I feel like it’s kind of my job,” Kendal Thompson says, “to finish what he started.”

Uhhh, no. We don't need that.

Breadburner
1/18/2011, 05:52 PM

O shut-up......

Leroy Lizard
1/18/2011, 05:59 PM
O shut-up......

Touchy, touchy.

cherokeebrewer
1/18/2011, 05:59 PM

Dude, it's called redemption. Do you always look for the bad side of people?

Leroy Lizard
1/18/2011, 06:12 PM
Dude, it's called redemption. Do you always look for the bad side of people?

Two things:

What happened, happened. We are going to be reminded a billion times about what Charles did when he was at OU, so you might as well get used to it.

http://www.theospot.net/pictures/misc/francis.jpg

I Am Right
1/18/2011, 06:27 PM
Good Story

cherokeebrewer
1/18/2011, 06:28 PM
Two things:

What happened, happened. We are going to be reminded a billion times about what Charles did when he was at OU, so you might as well get used to it.

One thing:

I don't care...

cherokeebrewer
1/18/2011, 07:05 PM
Crimes/mistakes/...call it what you want, but persons of goodwill & fair minds (scarce on the internet) will understand Kendall is not responsible for what his father did. Those who would hold him responsible don't count anyway.

As for Charles, he is a perfect example of how a person can truly turn their life around...

Leroy Lizard
1/18/2011, 07:15 PM
Crimes/mistakes/...call it what you want, but persons of goodwill & fair minds (scarce on the internet) will understand Kendall is not responsible for what his father did.

And no one is suggesting he is.

cherokeebrewer
1/18/2011, 08:58 PM
And no one is suggesting he is.
Oh good, then I suppose it won't matter much when we're...

"reminded a billion times about what Charles did when he was at OU"

Leroy Lizard
1/18/2011, 09:10 PM
Oh good, then I suppose it won't matter much when we're...

"reminded a billion times about what Charles did when he was at OU"

That's up to you.

I have no problems with Kendall, and nothing I said could be construed as a slam on Kendall. His father is another matter. Let's just leave it at that.

oudavid1
1/18/2011, 09:18 PM
Me and Kendal are the same age, so can someone tell me what happened with his dad?

opksooner
1/18/2011, 09:22 PM
Me and Kendal are the same age, so can someone tell me what happened with his dad?
"Me and Kendal"?

Fire your English teacher.

Rocko
1/18/2011, 09:23 PM

Read the friggin article

oudavid1
1/18/2011, 09:24 PM
"Me and Kendal"?

Fire your English teacher.

Our teams went head to head last year and we won, so i come first :p

oudavid1
1/18/2011, 09:25 PM
Read the friggin article

i figured you guys would have a better spin on it than the media.

Leroy Lizard
1/18/2011, 09:25 PM

Seriously?

He was our starting QB and potential Heisman candidate, but got busted selling coke to an undercover officer. It turns out he was also involved in burglarizing Switzer's home. (Or, at least I think. Memory is foggy.)

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/162/685/CharlesThompsonSI01_display_image.jpg

cherokeebrewer
1/18/2011, 10:25 PM
That's up to you.

I have no problems with Kendall, and nothing I said could be construed as a slam on Kendall. His father is another matter. Let's just leave it at that.

You can leave anywhere you want it. I don't know what you're even talking about now..I never said you slammed Kendall. If the media tells the entire story of Charles Thompson, we'll be okay...

FirstandGoal
1/18/2011, 11:33 PM

Are you freakin' serious????

SoonerDan74012
1/18/2011, 11:53 PM

WTF Leroy????? Kendall is an exceptional young man who has a-lot of the same qualities that Sam Bradford has leadership,accuracy,and character. Not only is he a tremendous athlete he is an even better student.You might want to do a little bit of research on how Charles has turned his life completely around since his days at OU. The person Charles is today is nothing even remotely close to the person he was at OU. I think Kendall is going to represent OU with the class and character that not only Bob Stoops will appreciate, the fans will appreciate as well.

Sooner Cal
1/19/2011, 12:54 AM
Charles made a big mistake and he paid for it. No reason to criticize the man today. Anyone who takes a shot at him is showing a deficiency in Christian values.

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 12:54 AM
WTF Leroy????? Kendall is an exceptional young man who has a-lot of the same qualities ....

C'mon guys, you're making too much out of this.

I never slammed Kendall. I never said a licking thing even slightly negative about him. But you are trying damned hard to pin it to me, even though you know very well that my sarcastic comment was aimed at his dad.

You might want to do a little bit of research on how Charles has turned his life completely around since his days at OU. The person Charles is today is nothing even remotely close to the person he was at OU.

Again, we've already hashed this out before. If you want a link to the old thread, I can probably hunt it down. It all comes down to the fact that I have zero use for Charles Thompson. I am sure he doesn't care what I think; I certainly don't care what he thinks.

If you want to forget what he did, you have that right. But I don't have to respect him just because you do.

olevetonahill
1/19/2011, 01:24 AM
Limptard, Go **** up a ****in rope.:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 01:27 AM
Limptard, Go **** up a ****in rope.:rolleyes:

What an *** hole.

oudavid1
1/19/2011, 02:03 AM
Seriously?

He was our starting QB and potential Heisman candidate, but got busted selling coke to an undercover officer. It turns out he was also involved in burglarizing Switzer's home. (Or, at least I think. Memory is foggy.)

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/162/685/CharlesThompsonSI01_display_image.jpg

Are you freakin' serious????

Charles made a big mistake and he paid for it. No reason to criticize the man today. Anyone who takes a shot at him is showing a deficiency in Christian values.

Im sorry, i just wasnt really around back then. Thanks for the info guys.

Midtowner
1/19/2011, 02:04 AM
What kind of irony is that?

Dumb writers don't know what irony is.

starclassic tama
1/19/2011, 02:15 AM
posters of soonerfans: when you acknowledge leroy's pointless drivel, you continue to allow him to ruin perfectly good threads, which is why he comes here in the first place. if nobody acknowledges what he says, threads cannot continue to be ruined. TIA

rainiersooner
1/19/2011, 03:11 AM
posters of soonerfans: when you acknowledge leroy's pointless drivel, you continue to allow him to ruin perfectly good threads, which is why he comes here in the first place. if nobody acknowledges what he says, threads cannot continue to be ruined. TIA

I don't know; I'm torn.

On the one hand - Leroy, you have got to be one of the biggest downers in the world and, not just the world wide web.

On the other hand - the nonsense that comes out of your mouth may be the only entertainment I can expect to enjoy on this website between now and Spring practice.

rainiersooner
1/19/2011, 03:13 AM
By the way - is Kendal Thompson any good?

PS - Leroy, I mean as a QB, not as a redemptive figure in a Greek tragedy.

rainiersooner
1/19/2011, 03:14 AM
Im sorry, i just wasnt really around back then. Thanks for the info guys.

Dude, check out this awesome website:

http://www.google.com

This one is pretty good too:

http://www.wikipedia.org

I kid, I kid!

swardboy
1/19/2011, 09:35 AM
By the way - is Kendal Thompson any good?

PS - Leroy, I mean as a QB, not as a redemptive figure in a Greek tragedy.

I believe Kendall checked into school early this month, so spring practice will tell. Sam Bradford taught me that high school numbers don't mean squat.

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 09:47 AM
Seriously?

how many "wishbone" QBs were heisman candidates ??

JMHO, he was faster than Holieway, but not a better QB.

85sooners
1/19/2011, 10:03 AM
F u lefag

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 12:50 PM
posters of soonerfans: when you acknowledge leroy's pointless drivel, you continue to allow him ...

Oh, stfu.

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 12:53 PM
how many "wishbone" QBs were heisman candidates ??

JMHO, he was faster than Holieway, but not a better QB.

I distinctly remember him being mentioned as a potential Heisman candidate prior to the 1988 year. The word was that he was another Jamelle Holieway with even more speed. But he couldn't pass the ball like Jamelle. With the exception of one game, his tenure at OU was unremarkable, at least on the football field.

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 04:03 PM
somebody maybe mentioned him, but it wasn't gonna happen. JMHO

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 04:05 PM
holieway was never the same after he got hurt. i always felt he should've "red-shirted".

adoniijahsooner
1/19/2011, 04:50 PM
I believe Kendall checked into school early this month, so spring practice will tell. Sam Bradford taught me that high school numbers don't mean squat.

The guy is a leader (Kendall), and I think the people that are writing him off, may have to eat their words at a later date.

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 04:59 PM
who's writing him off ???

adoniijahsooner
1/19/2011, 05:02 PM
who's writing him off ???

Not you of course; but do you want to start a pole and asked who believes he will beat out Blake Bell and Drew Allen? Truthfully, many people think he will play another position besides QB.

texaspokieokie
1/19/2011, 05:04 PM
that could be.

MeMyself&Me
1/19/2011, 05:06 PM
Some people in this thread really need to visit this thread:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149388&highlight=ignore

If you don't like 'em, it's like they don't even exist. Makes SoonerFans a much better place.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/19/2011, 06:11 PM
So what's happened with Charles since those days? It sounds like he turned himself around.

oubose
1/19/2011, 06:21 PM
good reading info

King Barry's Back
1/20/2011, 07:20 AM
Seriously?

DUDE! You posted THAT magazine cover on this board!?! I'm trying real hard not to hit the red spek button...

olevetonahill
1/20/2011, 09:54 AM
DUDE! You posted THAT magazine cover on this board!?! I'm trying real hard not to hit the red spek button...

Dont hold back. Neggin Limptard is one of lifes simple pleasures :D

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 03:46 PM
DUDE! You posted THAT magazine cover on this board!?!

That's right, don't blame CT. Blame the guy who posts the pic.

The magazine cover is out there. It's real. You can't pretend it doesn't exist.

I certainly wish it wasn't. CT's arrest was one of the most embarrassing things to happen to my alma mater.

BTW, it's amazing how we manage to post unflattering pics of one our own cheerleaders, who intended no harm and did nothing wrong, but go into conniptions whenever someone posts a pic of Charles Thompson being led off in cuffs.

LiveLaughLove
1/20/2011, 05:05 PM
I hope KT has a great career at OU.

Stoops has to know what is about to hit him and the team from the journalists outside of Oklahoma, and he must be fine with it.

Anyone who thinks the media will tell ALL of CTs story and not just the part in that mag cover is fooling themselves.

The media is in business to be sensationalist (at least thats what they think). They will find no such stuff in CTs story AFTER his time at OU. Sure one or two articles will be written about him fairly for every 20 that stop at his arrest and Switzers downfall.

Not going to pretty, but once more, Stoops had to know all of this before he offered the kid.

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 05:14 PM

Stoops has to know what is about to hit him and the team from the journalists outside of Oklahoma, and he must be fine with it.

There is no controversy here. Clearly nothing that Kendall's dad did in the past should affect his recruitment. AD is a good example.

WichitaSooner
1/20/2011, 05:19 PM
Hey leroy, just admit it.... Charles slept with your wife, didn't he?

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 05:21 PM

He would be nicknamed the Late Charles Thompson if he had.

oudavid1
1/20/2011, 05:23 PM

leaves the wives and mothers out of it!

:D

adoniijahsooner
1/20/2011, 06:18 PM

Anyone who thinks the media will tell ALL of CTs story and not just the part in that mag cover is fooling themselves.

The media is in business to be sensationalist (at least thats what they think). They will find no such stuff in CTs story AFTER his time at OU. Sure one or two articles will be written about him fairly for every 20 that stop at his arrest and Switzers downfall.

Not going to pretty, but once more, Stoops had to know all of this before he offered the kid.

AD's father was in prison when we signed him. Stoops doesnt care about that foolishness.

adoniijahsooner
1/20/2011, 06:18 PM
There is no controversy here. Clearly nothing that Kendall's dad did in the past should affect his recruitment. AD is a good example.

didnt see your post

Dwight
1/20/2011, 06:22 PM

What Leroy does is called trolling. People that respond to him are feeding the troll, which is what a troll is looking for.

oubose
1/20/2011, 07:15 PM
KT is the here and now who cares what his old man did, doesn't effect him on the field

birddog
1/20/2011, 08:55 PM
That's right, don't blame CT. Blame the guy who posts the pic.

The magazine cover is out there. It's real. You can't pretend it doesn't exist.

I certainly wish it wasn't. CT's arrest was one of the most embarrassing things to happen to my alma mater.

BTW, it's amazing how we manage to post unflattering pics of one our own cheerleaders, who intended no harm and did nothing wrong, but go into conniptions whenever someone posts a pic of Charles Thompson being led off in cuffs.

i just think people forgive and forget. you obviously don't. as far as the cheerleader, i stay away from that stuff. that feller's got her own problems.

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 09:14 PM
i just think people forgive and forget. you obviously don't.

If you want to forgive him, go for it. Just don't tell me that I have to.

His book was a hit piece on the University of Oklahoma -- my alma mater. Screw him.

birddog
1/20/2011, 09:30 PM
If you want to forgive him, go for it. Just don't tell me that I have to.

His book was a hit piece on the University of Oklahoma -- my alma mater. Screw him.

never said you had to. you've got your beefs just like everyone else.

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 09:32 PM
never said you had to. you've got your beefs just like everyone else.

OK, that's cool. :cool:

olevetonahill
1/20/2011, 10:37 PM

No one but limptard will sleep with her, CT stole his lunch money;)

Leroy Lizard
1/21/2011, 12:10 AM
No one but limptard...

Dude, whatever.

The Maestro
1/21/2011, 08:07 AM
I clicked on this thread hoping to see videos or read more on Kendal Thompson.

I now will go take a dump for a lack of info and a thread going off topic to the *********gery of LL and LL being butt hurt about his beloved alma mater being attacked by CT...which was 20 years ago.

Leroy Lizard
1/21/2011, 11:45 AM
I clicked on this thread hoping to see videos or read more on Kendal Thompson.

I now will go take a dump for a lack of info and a thread going off topic to the *********gery of LL and LL being butt hurt about his beloved alma mater...

Yeah, OU. Which is supposed to be the team we root for.