PDA

View Full Version : Chest cold?

OUmillenium
1/18/2011, 12:42 PM
So did anybody get this cold that starts off with chest congestion and fatigue? Hit me yesterday.

Not real stuffy, not a ton of coughing but painful cough.

How long does it last if you rest?

Thanks

FirstandGoal
1/18/2011, 01:21 PM
If you aren't already running a vaporizer/humidifier in your house, do so ASAP.

Take some Mucinex (or generic is okay) to loosen up any phlegm that you have to avoid fluid settling in and causing infection. Rest as much as you can, drink as much water as you can stand and take acetaminophen or ibuprofen as needed for fever and the general feeling of crappiness.

Things like this just usually have to run its course and the length of time you'll be down with it depends according to how well you take care of yourself when you start to feel a bit run down.

Sooner_Bob
1/18/2011, 01:30 PM
Something similar was going around our office the last couple of weeks . . . so far I'm in the clear. :)

soonerbrat
1/18/2011, 01:54 PM
I feel like I'm getting a cold but I really think I'm allergic to something in my office. when i go home, I feel better.

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 01:56 PM
I feel like I'm getting a cold but I really think I'm allergic to something in my office. when i go home, I feel better.

yeah, it's called "work.":P

Thaumaturge
1/18/2011, 01:57 PM
Are there any pustules or open sores? Loss of hair or teeth? Violent seizures lasting up to ten minutes? Projectile diarrhea?

If it's that, you're probably looking at 3 or 4 days tops.

OUthunder
1/18/2011, 02:20 PM
Mucinex DM, Vitamin C, soup, and clear liquids.

Good luck.

DIB
1/18/2011, 02:27 PM
Heat a pint of whiskey on the stove to just short of boiling. Add lots of lemon and fresh honey. Let cool slightly, then chug entire pint. Repeat as needed.

OUmillenium
1/19/2011, 09:21 AM
Mucinex DM, Vitamin C, soup, and clear liquids.

Good luck.

This + Red Bull to get through the day seems to work pretty good. Mucinex today was a definite difference maker.

OUthunder
1/19/2011, 10:08 AM
This + Red Bull to get through the day seems to work pretty good. Mucinex today was a definite difference maker.

Yep, that **** is magic, even when we sold it only as an RX many moons ago.

OUmillenium
1/19/2011, 11:26 AM
I used to drive a Camaro (87 IROC) and have a mullet.

I also dabbled with the idea of becoming a Pharmacist. Or druggist for the old schoolers.