PDA

View Full Version : Angst & Desperation over Recruits...Meh.

adoniijahsooner
1/18/2011, 09:57 AM
I use to be all wrapped and nervous about recruiting, at least up until last year when I watch Mike Davis and Darius White show their tale in Army-All American game. Then I realized how foolish it was to allow 18 year old kids behave like a they have some sort of power over a PROGRAM like THE UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA. A program that has been relevant since before some of these kids grandfathers were getting their diapers changed. Come to OU or go wherever you like; I promise the SOONERS will be just fine.

LVSOONER15
1/18/2011, 10:09 AM
Please refresh my memory. What did they do?

adoniijahsooner
1/18/2011, 10:29 AM
Please refresh my memory. What did they do?

Them and the Florida recruits just made fools of themselves after every play. I think it was the cockiness of these players that bothered me the most. It just jolted me that when these guys act like whoever get their services will get an earth-shattering entity.

badger
1/18/2011, 11:13 AM
There are very few program-changing players out there... I'd say AD was one, perhaps not just for what he did when he was at OU, but for what he continues to do as a pro. As much as we all got sick of him, Teebz was another, someone that Florida fans can talk about for years fondly while the rest of us grumble how they lucked into one of their title games and the other was after losing to Ole Miss earlier that season.

The rest of the recruits out there? Part of a program that has 85 scholarship athletes, usually 25 new guys every year. You're a jersey number, kid. Nobody will remember how many recruiting stars you had next to your name except you in a few months... and if you sign in the SEC, they might just cut you loose in a year if you don't pan out (or if you enroll early and don't pan out, tell you to grayshirt).

TheHumanAlphabet
1/18/2011, 11:24 AM
Like your sig Badg...Took me a while to uderstand what you meant by birdies, but then I got you were refering to the ATL Pidgeons. I am from ATL, they are no Falcons, this is a losing team with a history of losing and futility...Kinda like Houston Pro sports...

Mad Dog Madsen
1/18/2011, 11:45 AM
Teenage angst has paid off well... :rolleyes:

badger
1/18/2011, 12:52 PM
Like your sig Badg...Took me a while to uderstand what you meant by birdies, but then I got you were refering to the ATL Pidgeons. I am from ATL, they are no Falcons, this is a losing team with a history of losing and futility...Kinda like Houston Pro sports...

Yeah, techincally the eggos are birdies too ;)

But now, since the NFL plyaoffs are out of birds to kill, it's time to go bear huntin'... one particular bear in particular;

(to the tune of their stupid 'Bear Down' touchdown song)

Cutler's down, he's a sucky bear, full of interception misery;
Cutler's down, he's a sucky bear, sacked again, what diss-ery.
We'll never forget the way he threw four picks, but we'll get six.
Cutler's down, sacked again, he sucks so badly you'll want Rex back.
But you're stuck with Jay, this next Sunday, so to Super Bowl goes the Pack!