PDA

View Full Version : Japan: Resurrection of Wooly Mammoth in 5 Years

sooner59
1/18/2011, 01:24 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110117/wl_asia_afp/japansciencemammoth_20110117104445

TOKYO (AFP) – Japanese researchers will launch a project this year to resurrect the long-extinct mammoth by using cloning technology to bring the ancient pachyderm back to life in around five years time.

The researchers will try to revive the species by obtaining tissue this summer from the carcass of a mammoth preserved in a Russian research laboratory, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported.

"Preparations to realise this goal have been made," Akira Iritani, leader of the team and a professor emeritus of Kyoto University, told the mass-circulation daily.

Under the plan, the nuclei of mammoth cells will be inserted into an elephant's egg cell from which the nuclei have been removed, to create an embryo containing mammoth genes, the report said.

The embryo will then be inserted into an elephant's uterus in the hope that the animal will eventually give birth to a baby mammoth.

The elephant is the closest modern relative of the mammoth, a huge woolly mammal believed to have died out with the last Ice Age.

Some mammoth remains still retain usable tissue samples, making it possible to recover cells for cloning, unlike dinosaurs, which disappeared around 65 million years ago and whose remains exist only as fossils

Researchers hope to achieve their aim within five to six years, the Yomiuri said.

The team, which has invited a Russian mammoth researcher and two US elephant experts to join the project, has established a technique to extract DNA from frozen cells, previously an obstacle to cloning attempts because of the damage cells sustained in the freezing process.

Another Japanese researcher, Teruhiko Wakayama of the Riken Centre for Developmental Biology, succeeded in 2008 in cloning a mouse from the cells of another that had been kept in temperatures similar to frozen ground for 16 years.

The scientists extracted a cell nucleus from an organ of a dead mouse and planted it into the egg of another mouse which was alive, leading to the birth of the cloned mouse.

Based on Wakayama's techniques, Iritani's team devised a method to extract the nuclei of mammoth eggs without damaging them.

But a successful cloning will also pose challenges for the team, Iritani warned.

"If a cloned embryo can be created, we need to discuss, before transplanting it into the womb, how to breed (the mammoth) and whether to display it to the public," Iritani said.

"After the mammoth is born, we will examine its ecology and genes to study why the species became extinct and other factors."

More than 80 percent of all mammoth finds have been dug up in the permafrost of the vast Sakha Republic in eastern Siberia.

Exactly why a majority of the huge creatures that once strode in large herds across Eurasia and North America died out towards the end of the last Ice Age has generated fiery debate.

Some experts hold that mammoths were hunted to extinction by the species that was to become the planet's dominant predator -- humans.

Others argue that climate change was more to blame, leaving a species adapted for frozen climes ill-equipped to cope with a warming world.

Any thoughts? :pop:

bigfatjerk
1/18/2011, 01:39 AM
First Wooly Mammoth next Dinosaurs? Jurassic Park anyone?

sooner59
1/18/2011, 02:21 AM
http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com/ArchOLD-6/1187273969.jpg

:gary:

Harry Beanbag
1/18/2011, 06:53 AM
Let me know when they do Godzilla.

Boomer.....
1/18/2011, 08:09 AM
Playing God.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/18/2011, 08:51 AM
The article said dinosaurs can't be done because all their remains are fossilized. Not sure what present day reptile you'd use in that case, if you could.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/18/2011, 09:27 AM
All it takes is a look at some boobies to ressurect the wooly mammoth around here.

Turd_Ferguson
1/18/2011, 09:33 AM
The article said dinosaurs can't be done because all their remains are fossilized. Not sure what present day reptile you'd use in that case, if you could.Frogs. Pay tention.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/18/2011, 09:41 AM
It would be interesting in the "gee I would like to see that" kind of way. Then, just because we can do a thing doesn't me we should do it or it is a good idea...

Sooner_Bob
1/18/2011, 09:45 AM
Sounds interesting . . . . I wonder what this means for other areas of science/medicine?

sappstuf
1/18/2011, 09:58 AM
Let me know when they do Godzilla.

N0Sshv_DnwI

MR2-Sooner86
1/18/2011, 12:21 PM
The article said dinosaurs can't be done because all their remains are fossilized. Not sure what present day reptile you'd use in that case, if you could.

I saw a thing on discovery channel that talked about this. Since birds are believed to be dinosaurs but evolved, researchers think it's trapped in the genes. What they're working on is "de-evolving" chickens into little dinosaurs. Once they get chickens they can move to more complex and exotic birds.

OhU1
1/18/2011, 12:28 PM
I saw a thing on discovery channel that talked about this. Since birds are believed to be dinosaurs but evolved, researchers think it's trapped in the genes. What they're working on is "de-evolving" chickens into little dinosaurs. Once they get chickens they can move to more complex and exotic birds.

Yeah saw this as well, or something similar. A chicken has genes for making teeth for example but the gene is "turned off" or not functioning.

I wonder if a Neanderthal could be brought back? That would be amazing. (I wonder how much *** a Neanderthal could kick as a defensive lineman - can you imagine how strong those suckers were?)

OUMallen
1/18/2011, 02:12 PM
It would be interesting in the "gee I would like to see that" kind of way. Then, just because we can do a thing doesn't me we should do it or it is a good idea...

Seems like a good idea. How is it a bad idea?

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 02:31 PM
Seems like a good idea. How is it a bad idea?

Cause there's a reason they're extinct. Why **** with the plan? We might be next on the extinct species list we keep on ****ing with it.

soonerboomer93
1/18/2011, 02:35 PM
Cause there's a reason they're extinct. Why **** with the plan? We might be next on the extinct species list we keep on ****ing with it.

maybe that's the plan?

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 02:38 PM
maybe that's the plan?

What, bring back mastadons and **** so they can trample us all and eat up the planet? That's a ****ed up plan man.

Boomer.....
1/18/2011, 02:49 PM
You need to weed out the tards somehow.

diegosooner
1/18/2011, 02:55 PM
It would be the coolest thing ever. Some of you have seen too many "experiment-gone-bad" science fiction movies.

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 02:56 PM
It would be the coolest thing ever. Some of you have seen too many "experiment-gone-bad" science fiction movies.

Uh does Frankenstein ring a bell?

No Juan, it wouldn't be the "coolest thing ever." If they do it I hope the little ****er stomps all them wannabe Dr. Frankensteins to death.

OhU1
1/18/2011, 02:59 PM

Yup, way cool and little risk.

I'm still against the meat eating flying ****-roach experiment I saw in a sci-fi movie. Just seems like a bad idea.

Howzit
1/18/2011, 03:02 PM
If it were up to me, they would clone a Giant Beaver or a LeConte's peccary.

They have been extinct too long.

MR2-Sooner86
1/18/2011, 03:12 PM
This conversation reminds me of the one from Jurassic Park. I really don't get why people get all up in arms about it. Just cause we can doesn't mean we should? Why not? If we bring back these creatures we bring them back on our terms and in areas we decide.

So what if we can bring back dinosaurs? What's wrong with that? I'd love to be able to see a T-Rex and things we've only seen in our imaginations.

Or are people all against it because Noah left the dinosaurs off the ark for a reason ;)

saucysoonergal
1/18/2011, 04:08 PM
mmmmm Mammoth steaks...

Dio
1/18/2011, 04:15 PM
mmmmm Mammoth steaks...

Now you're talking!

5 years til the Japanese resurrect the mammoth- 5 yrs and a day until Ted Nugent kills and eats it.

jumperstop
1/18/2011, 04:20 PM
mmmmm Mammoth steaks...

http://www.i-love-cartoons.com/snags/clipart/Hanna-Barbera/Flintstones/Barney-Rubble-Steak.jpg

OULenexaman
1/18/2011, 04:34 PM
Gonna have to build some bigger smokers....

SicEmBaylor
1/18/2011, 04:59 PM
Playing God.

Someone has to. He kind of sucks at the part.

sooner59
1/18/2011, 05:14 PM
Maybe God is playing God through humans...woah.

OUMallen
1/18/2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe God is playing God through humans...woah.

http://topnews.in/usa/files/DOUBLE_RAINBOW.jpg

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?

Really though, Dean, why the heck not? Could be pretty cool. Just the technology of being able to do it would be great to be able to clone/replicate animals. For instance, why not clone Secretariat?

jumperstop
1/18/2011, 06:03 PM

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?

Really though, Dean, why the heck not? Could be pretty cool. Just the technology of being able to do it would be great to be able to clone/replicate animals. For instance, why not clone Secretariat?

Yeah, then they would be able to make a crappy disney sequel to the first movie that nobody saw.

sooner59
1/18/2011, 06:08 PM
I hear they are working extremely hard to clone animals up in stillwater....you know, for the advancement of science. ;)

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00943/Giant-Leaps_p130-13_943843j.jpg

KABOOKIE
1/18/2011, 06:22 PM
If Japan can clone, Dean can herd it.

Breadburner
1/18/2011, 06:31 PM
How will they keep him cool...????

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 08:01 PM
Someone has to. He kind of sucks at the part.

Dude, don't blame God because you're a case-a-day of Coke drinking dumbass. God has told you a brazillion times to eat some ****ing food and put down the damn sodas and sugar crap. He tried to help you but you **** in His face.

jumperstop
1/18/2011, 08:02 PM
Can we throw the whole playing God issue out the window. Who doesn't want to see a Wooly Mammoth?

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 08:04 PM

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?

Where the **** you been? Stupid humans have been cloning animals for at least a couple decades now. Clone Secretariat? Guess what? You won't clone the drive/dedication to win. That's the key and where everybody misses the boat. Just because they're identical doesn't mean they have the same HEART. This is where this cloning **** is going to backfire on folks. Stupid ****ing humans.

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 08:05 PM
Can we throw the whole playing God issue out the window. Who doesn't want to see a Wooly Mammoth?

Me. I was at the Smithsonian yesterday. They ain't all that groovy.

jumperstop
1/18/2011, 08:07 PM
Where the **** you been? Stupid humans have been cloning animals for at least a couple decades now. Clone Secretariat? Guess what? You won't clone the drive/dedication to win. That's the key and where everybody misses the boat. Just because they're identical doesn't mean they have the same HEART. This is where this cloning **** is going to backfire on folks. Stupid ****ing humans.

There are some people/animals that if you cloned would still be bad ***. And I don't think racing horses get a chance to have a heart, they just do what they are told. You can't tell me if they could clone AD that his son/offspring thing wouldn't be great a sports. Whether he wanted to is another thing, but he sure would have a head start.

jumperstop
1/18/2011, 08:08 PM
Me. I was at the Smithsonian yesterday. They ain't all that groovy.

You payed to see a dead/fake one, what makes you think you wouldn't pay to see a live one...

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 08:15 PM
You people are ****ed up. seriously.

Would you young snappers pay to see clones of The Beatles play live?

KABOOKIE
1/18/2011, 08:18 PM

Hell no. There's an app for that.

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 08:23 PM
Hell no. There's an app for that.

But they'd give their left nut or titty to bring back Michael Jackson or one of the stupid rappers who got blown away by their buddies who I can't think of their name right now.

KABOOKIE
1/18/2011, 08:25 PM
Nah, kids these days aren't even that deep. Take that Profit feller. He'd do something so queer like clone Justin Beiber 50 times. Why? Well, because more Beiber is more awesomer.

sooner59
1/18/2011, 08:40 PM
I think trying to clone people is out of the question....and dumb anyway. I agree with Dean. Just because you are the same genetic material doesn't mean you are the same person. Nature vs nurture argument plays into the equation.

I doubt think people should be cloning specific animals (like horses) either. Nothing says that clone will be anything other than genetically identical.

However, I do think it would be cool to bring back an extinct animal just so we could have a few around to observe and know more about them.

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah, so we know more about them. Does that cure cancer? Aids?

Nope, alls it does is make a couple of scientists think they're > God. Meh.

I couldn't give a single **** about any extinct animal. Not one. They're ****ing extinct. FOR A REASON. Bring em' back, and there's gonna be hell to pay. You heard it here first.

jumperstop
1/18/2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah, so we know more about them. Does that cure cancer? Aids?

Nope, alls it does is make a couple of scientists think they're > God. Meh.

I couldn't give a single **** about any extinct animal. Not one. They're ****ing extinct. FOR A REASON. Bring em' back, and there's gonna be hell to pay. You heard it here first.

I bet the only hell that's going to be paid is if there is some sort of peta riot backlash. 10 bucks says it sits in a cage, just like all the elephants in captivity.

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 09:30 PM
I bet the only hell that's going to be paid is if there is some sort of peta riot backlash. 10 bucks says it sits in a cage, just like all the elephants in captivity.

I got 20 bucks that says it's gonna have quasi-human intelligence and it's gonna stomp the dog**** outta Dr. Mammothstein and hopefully all the other dumbasses who think this is a groovy thing.

waynepayne
1/18/2011, 09:44 PM

CROCTOPUS 3D!!!!!!

sooner59
1/18/2011, 09:51 PM
Who's to say it wasn't God's plan to have humans bring them back?

Think of how dumb that^^ question sounds...

It sounds just as dumb to assume what God wants or doesn't want something. And who's to say God wouldn't just say "Meh."?

IndySooner
1/18/2011, 09:51 PM
CROCTOPUS 3D!!!!!!

Nice!

KC//CRIMSON
1/18/2011, 09:59 PM

Don't worry, we'd never clone you, Cliff Clavin.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/19/2011, 12:26 AM

Yeah, maybe not as cool as seeing a real-life martian, but I'd pay more to see a live wooly mammoth than I would to see a revival tour of ZZ Top.

And Alfalfa Dean, don't go acting like you're all organic and mother nature. Nobody ****s with mother nature's genes more than those in agriculture.

Fraggle145
1/19/2011, 02:06 AM
The best thing about cloning humans would be if we could ethically/responsibly do it in a way that was basically just for organ generation/harvest for replacements...

sooner59
1/19/2011, 02:31 AM
The best thing about cloning humans would be if we could ethically/responsibly do it in a way that was basically just for organ generation/harvest for replacements...

But we both know that humans are too arrogant to do that. Sounds like the premise to that movie "The Island". Unless you are talking about just cloning the organ itself. Then that would be great.

Harry Beanbag
1/19/2011, 06:18 AM

And sex. Don't forget about the sex.

C&CDean
1/19/2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah, maybe not as cool as seeing a real-life martian, but I'd pay more to see a live wooly mammoth than I would to see a revival tour of ZZ Top.

And Alfalfa Dean, don't go acting like you're all organic and mother nature. Nobody ****s with mother nature's genes more than those in agriculture.

1. Quoting yourself is gay Juan.

2. You must be talking about those mega-farms in cali where you pick lettuce. I've never used steroids/growth hormones/antibiotics (unless it's a massive injection to cure pink eye/foot rot/abscesses/etc.) on any of my animals. Grass-fed, supplemented with 20% cubes (corn/molasses/alfalfa/oats/wheat/soy). I started fertilizing pasture with chicken litter (dried chicken ****) last year. The only chemicals I use are herbicides for weeds, but I do not use them where cattle are grazing (even though the label says you can).

3. No, I'm not "all organic and mother nature" but I bet I'm a lot closer than you are.

C&CDean
1/19/2011, 08:38 AM
Don't worry, we'd never clone you, Cliff Clavin.

You know you would snookums.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 09:20 AM
I'm against cloning anything with a bigger weenis than me..The mammoth is the only thing past or present that possesses that tool

SanJoaquinSooner
1/19/2011, 09:23 AM
1. Quoting yourself is gay Juan.

2. You must be talking about those mega-farms in cali where you pick lettuce. I've never used steroids/growth hormones/antibiotics (unless it's a massive injection to cure pink eye/foot rot/abscesses/etc.) on any of my animals. Grass-fed, supplemented with 20% cubes (corn/molasses/alfalfa/oats/wheat/soy). I started fertilizing pasture with chicken litter (dried chicken ****) last year. The only chemicals I use are herbicides for weeds, but I do not use them where cattle are grazing (even though the label says you can).

3. No, I'm not "all organic and mother nature" but I bet I'm a lot closer than you are.

Next thing you're going to tell us is that you eat homemade granola and yogurt for breakfast.

C&CDean
1/19/2011, 09:31 AM
Next thing you're going to tell us is that you eat homemade granola and yogurt for breakfast.

Riiiight. That **** is loaded with carbs. Momma makes me these quiche deals consisting of eggs, cheese, canadian bacon, turkey bacon, spinach, brocolli, and rooster jizz. You mix it all up in a bowl, pour it into cupcake deals, and bake it. **** is good too.

When I don't have those I eat a hard-boiled egg and a hunk of cheese and/or canadian bacon. Sometimes some strawberries and blueberries too.

Granola and yogurt. pfffft.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/19/2011, 09:41 AM
Riiiight. That **** is loaded with carbs. Momma makes me these quiche deals consisting of eggs, cheese, canadian bacon, turkey bacon, spinach, brocolli, and rooster jizz. You mix it all up in a bowl, pour it into cupcake deals, and bake it. **** is good too.

When I don't have those I eat a hard-boiled egg and a hunk of cheese and/or canadian bacon. Sometimes some strawberries and blueberries too.

Granola and yogurt. pfffft.

but seriously, are you opposed to research that geneticallly modifies fruits and vegetables?

Aldebaran
1/19/2011, 09:42 AM
One more animal for humans to try to have sex with.

OhU1
1/19/2011, 09:49 AM
Nobody ****s with mother nature's genes more than those in agriculture.

The forms of corn, wheat, bananas, cattle, ect. that we eat and raise today are all genetically altered and would not survive without man. These genetic modifications have increased crop yields which help feed more using less land.

I'm glad scientists are not superstitious and irrational regarding exploration, expansion and utilization of genetics, biology, and evolution. My proposed solution for those that are opposed to stem cell research, genetic engineering, and those who "don't believe in evolution" is that they not benefit or use discoveries from the advances in medicine that result from these fields of science. We should keep stockpiles of the old medicines, vaccines and such for these folks to use. The double benefit of this policy would be an even quicker advancement of the human gene pool for the rest of us!

jkjsooner
1/19/2011, 10:18 AM

I guess you don't go to the doctor when you get really sick. Wouldn't want to mess with the plan...

jkjsooner
1/19/2011, 11:15 AM

I was reading something about genetics recently. We've always heard about environmental factors and genetic factors. One thing I didn't realize is that the environmental factors actually affect the expression of genes. I didn't realize this. It appears that environment plays a lot larger role than I ever imagined.

I guess it makes sense. I've known identical twins who, while looking a lot alike, had enough differences that I couldn't imagine could be explained just by environmental factors alone. I knew one who was a couple of inches taller than her sister. I don't think differences in nutrition (even in the womb) could explain the physical difference unless the environmental factors in fact affecting how the genes did their job.

sappstuf
1/19/2011, 11:23 AM
The forms of corn, wheat, bananas, cattle, ect. that we eat and raise today are all genetically altered and would not survive without man. These genetic modifications have increased crop yields which help feed more using less land.

I'm glad scientists are not superstitious and irrational regarding exploration, expansion and utilization of genetics, biology, and evolution. My proposed solution for those that are opposed to stem cell research, genetic engineering, and those who "don't believe in evolution" is that they not benefit or use discoveries from the advances in medicine that result from these fields of science. We should keep stockpiles of the old medicines, vaccines and such for these folks to use. The double benefit of this policy would be an even quicker advancement of the human gene pool for the rest of us!

Yep.

Genetic evidence indicates that the plant we know today as maize or corn was first domesticated in about 7000 BC, from a variety of wild grass known as teosinte. Today’s corn-on-the-cob eater, and even most farmers, wouldn’t recognize that early form of corn – the plants were much smaller and less fruitful than today’s variety. By about 1500 BC, Mesoamerican farmers had developed maize into a plant that we would recognize today, although modern varieties are still larger and more robust.

C&CDean
1/19/2011, 11:45 AM
I guess you don't go to the doctor when you get really sick. Wouldn't want to mess with the plan...

This is the whackiest post you've ever made. It doesn't even deserve a response. Comparing long-extinct species of animals to current day humans is dumb. They are extinct for a reason. I am not extinct for a reason. DOH.

DIB
1/19/2011, 11:55 AM
I just hope no one clones Sinornithosaurus (http://www.physorg.com/news180635335.html), the poisonous flying raptor.

saucysoonergal
1/19/2011, 12:40 PM
The Wooly Mammoth isn't really a long-extinct species of animals. They died out what, about 10,000 years ago at the end of the Pleistocene. That is like a second when you consider how old the Earth is. I am sure man played a large part in its extinction. I am all for reviving this tasty delicacy.

sappstuf
1/19/2011, 12:48 PM
I just hope no one clones Sinornithosaurus (http://www.physorg.com/news180635335.html), the poisonous flying raptor.

I bet that would help out with the Chinese population problem..

Mixer!
1/19/2011, 01:08 PM
When will they get around to quaggas, dodos, & carolina parakeets?

saucysoonergal
1/19/2011, 01:34 PM
When will they get around to quaggas, dodos, & carolina parakeets?

I've heard that Dodos are quite tasty.

C&CDean
1/19/2011, 01:42 PM
WMIAB

Sooner_Bob
1/19/2011, 01:44 PM
Who's to say it wasn't God's plan to have humans bring them back?

Think of how dumb that^^ question sounds...

It sounds just as dumb to assume what God wants or doesn't want something. And who's to say God wouldn't just say "Meh."?

Who's to say what "we" want matches what God wants? ;)

Jacie
1/19/2011, 02:13 PM

Bob Stoops?

thecynic
1/19/2011, 02:30 PM
I don't know why everyone is all up in arms, it's the Japanese. They are going to use them to kill whales and finally put that stupid Whale Wars dude out of TV.

sappstuf
1/19/2011, 02:35 PM
I don't know why everyone is all up in arms, it's the Japanese. They are going to use them to kill whales and finally put that stupid Whale Wars dude out of TV.

Right you are Ken!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_leoGYAeiH44/So_7FT8DXyI/AAAAAAAAG2w/tPfeqGDlUnA/s320/mxc.jpg

saucysoonergal
1/19/2011, 02:54 PM
I wonder which would be better, WMIAB or DDIAB?

saucysoonergal
1/19/2011, 03:03 PM
I bet it would be WMIAB, but it would have to be a rilly big B.

Sooner_Bob
1/19/2011, 03:09 PM
Bob Stoops?

In the end . . . .

saucysoonergal
1/19/2011, 03:21 PM
BSIAB? That just doesn't sound right.

C&CDean
1/19/2011, 03:39 PM
BSIAB? That just doesn't sound right.

You'd eat it ..er I meant ...do it. On second thought, both.

dwarthog
1/19/2011, 04:35 PM
Now you're talking!

5 years til the Japanese resurrect the mammoth- 5 yrs and a day until Ted Nugent kills and eats it.

You can't grill it until you....

jkjsooner
1/19/2011, 06:35 PM
This is the whackiest post you've ever made. It doesn't even deserve a response. Comparing long-extinct species of animals to current day humans is dumb. They are extinct for a reason. I am not extinct for a reason. DOH.

In both cases humans are intervening with nature. You may not be extinct but one could also argue that you are sick for a reason as well, and people did make those arguments at one time.

I don't see how this could cause a problem. If we wanted to bring back enough to start breeding them then maybe we could debate whether they would harm the delicate balance of certain ecosystems but since the current goal is to create a single one I don't see how it could ever be a problem.

jkjsooner
1/19/2011, 06:41 PM

Again I ask, what is it that God wanted?

1. Did He want you to get sick? Is going to the doctor against His will? Some people believed this at one time.
2. Did He want us to remain grounded? Are creating airplanes and rockets against His will?
3. Did He want someone who could not get pregnant naturally to never procreate? This was a big debate about 30 years ago.

We can go on and on. We can draw a line everywhere we intervene and say it wasn't God's plan. The only rationale you have to say it's against God's plan is it is something your human mind finds abnormal. In a few generations it might be considered very normal.

Sooner_Bob
1/20/2011, 12:20 PM
Again I ask, what is it that God wanted?

1. Did He want you to get sick? Is going to the doctor against His will? Some people believed this at one time.
2. Did He want us to remain grounded? Are creating airplanes and rockets against His will?
3. Did He want someone who could not get pregnant naturally to never procreate? This was a big debate about 30 years ago.

We can go on and on. We can draw a line everywhere we intervene and say it wasn't God's plan. The only rationale you have to say it's against God's plan is it is something your human mind finds abnormal. In a few generations it might be considered very normal.

Really?

Split hairs much?

Penguin
3/12/2011, 05:07 PM
God killed the woolly mammoth for a reason. For God's sakes, Japan! STOP MESSING AROUND WITH THIS ****!!!!

sooner59
3/12/2011, 07:24 PM
So you're saying Japan got hit with an earthquake and his in the process of nuclear meltdown because they are bringing back the mammoth against God's will? Cause that's what I'm saying.

Blue
3/12/2011, 11:16 PM
They flew too high to the sun with wings of pastrami...

sooner59
3/13/2011, 01:27 AM
Gary Busey? Is that you?

Blue
3/13/2011, 01:30 AM
http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/jerk-store.jpg

sooner59
3/13/2011, 01:42 AM
:D