PDA

View Full Version : Sum up your feelings

badger
1/17/2011, 04:06 PM
Write-in responses below. You can't change your vote - just wait till the next poll to change your mind. Votes are anonymous.

Boomer.....
1/17/2011, 04:20 PM
There! Are you happy?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2011, 04:23 PM
since you and badger are probably the only 2 voters so far...

You want Capel fired Boomer?

Soonerite
1/17/2011, 04:48 PM
Voted!!

badger
1/17/2011, 04:51 PM
Typo alert: CBI tourney, not CBA. CBA?!?!? whoops.

Boomer.....
1/17/2011, 05:32 PM
since you and badger are probably the only 2 voters so far...

You want Capel fired Boomer?

As bad as this whole mess is, I think he will get one more year.

badger
1/17/2011, 05:48 PM
I too think he will get another year. I should have used a different word from "fired." I think they will mutually part ways rather than full-on firing, unless another offseason embarrassment somehow occurs this year :(

CowboyMRW
1/18/2011, 05:19 AM
I voted for him to not be fired. I'm hoping he stays for at least 3 more years ;)

King Barry's Back
1/18/2011, 06:35 AM
I too think he will get another year. I should have used a different word from "fired." I think they will mutually part ways rather than full-on firing, unless another offseason embarrassment somehow occurs this year :(

"Mutually part ways" is a nice solution. But for that to happen, Mr Capel would have to be offered another job. I don't see that happening.

Let me put it this way - I HOPE he turns things around, turns in a good last half of the season, and therefore is not fired, or "mutually parted," from OU.

I BELIEVE that none of this will happen and he will be FIRED, and not mutually parted.

NormanPride
1/18/2011, 12:37 PM
The 15 people that voted for their embarrassment at this team are sad. I'm embarrassed about having Capel as a coach, but not about the kids that play on the court. LAST year was embarrassing, but this year is just disappointing. Nothing embarrassing about giving your all and not getting it done.

badger
1/18/2011, 12:59 PM
I'm not embarrassed of the team, just sad for them, because they're really trying but still losing games. I'm also not embarrassed for home attendance, because it's never been exceptional, regardless of our record.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/18/2011, 02:26 PM
The 15 people that voted for their embarrassment at this team are sad. I'm embarrassed about having Capel as a coach, but not about the kids that play on the court. LAST year was embarrassing, but this year is just disappointing. Nothing embarrassing about giving your all and not getting it done.

It's all a matter of what you consider embarrassing. While the team may play hard, is it embarrassing that this team doesn't have one player that could sit on Kansas' bench? Ok, maybe one. maybe?

badger
1/18/2011, 03:27 PM
I must say that I am pleased with the universal love for Sherri Coale but saddened by the realistic-ness of our fans regarding the men's team's chances of making the postseason.

Sorry for the "fired" word. I will be more clear should I do another poll in a month or so. I meant it as a question of whether you wanted him to be the coach next season or whether OU and Capel should go their separate directions.

Love all of the Blake love too - this board has kind of become a defacto Blake fan board. And that's cool, because Blake is the hottest can't-miss act in the NBA right now... and he's a SOONER!

PS: As for the conference win thing, the best chance is tonight, when we host the underachieving Techesters. 7 p.m. ESPN3.com and local broadcasts via the Big 12 network.

IndySooner
1/18/2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not embarrassed by the players, per se, but I am embarrassed at what this program has become. Thus, I voted that I'm embarrassed by our team.

I also don't know if I want Capel fired or not, so I didn't vote for either. I'm glad I don't have to make this decision, because I'm still on the fence. I think he'll be a good coach somewhere, I'm just no longer sure it should be here.

stoopified
1/18/2011, 05:34 PM
Capel has won 169 games as a headcoach in 8+ years as a headcoach.For anyone to suggest the man cannot recruit,coach,and run a quality program is ludicrous in the extreme.We are in a rebuilding mode regardlees of wether we change coaches or not.I have the utmost confidence Jeff will turn us back around.

JDawg2303
1/18/2011, 06:29 PM
I agree with stoopified. I want to give him one more year. It's hard to win when you don't have a single AA on your team and the lack of a player who can lead the team both in leadership skills and in talent. So I want to see what he does next year. If next year turns out like this year, it will be hard to justify keeping him here.

GDC
1/18/2011, 09:12 PM
Capel must go. It will take the program and university 5-10 years to recover from the damage this incompetent has done.

Soonerfan88
1/18/2011, 10:11 PM
I had to check that I haven't watched a game all year. Sucks living in middle of nowhere with a small-time cable company that doesn't qualify for ESPN3.

CowboyMRW
1/19/2011, 12:02 AM
Capel reminds me a lot of Franchione at AnM, especially with the recruiting part and underachieving.

sperry
1/19/2011, 02:04 AM
Capel reminds me a lot of Franchione at AnM, especially with the recruiting part and underachieving.

His team underachieved one season, which was last year. Every other season they've played to their talent level. Unfortunately, there isn't much talent on this team, and the Big XII is far and away the best it's ever been top to bottom.

I like Capel, but through some talent misevaluation and some quitters and malcontents, he has dug himself into a hole we're not going to get out of any time soon. We are horrible this season, and lose our best player and team leader next year. We have one recruit signed for next season, and he's a Juco guy, so it's not like we're laying the foundation for a turnaround. You just can't succeed with the attrition that we've had, unless you're signing classes of 5 lottery picks every season like Calipari.

OUmillenium
1/19/2011, 11:02 AM
Cade Davis is not a big loss. Plays hard but we won't miss him.

Basketball can turn around very quickly. Got some size redshirting this year, + the guys coming back will have legitimate experience. We'll be back in the middle of the conference next year, then see if we get a player or 2 that can help us challenge for the top.

sperry
1/19/2011, 11:24 AM

Basketball can turn around very quickly. Got some size redshirting this year, + the guys coming back will have legitimate experience. We'll be back in the middle of the conference next year, then see if we get a player or 2 that can help us challenge for the top.

Yes, Cade Davis is a big loss. He's a the best player on this team, and would start for pretty much everyone in the conference but Kansas. He plays very good defense, is a good passer, good rebounder, and when he's on can really stroke the three. He's also a great leader. The problem is that he's not cut out to be an elite scorer, which this pathetic team has had to ask of him.

Ton Loc
1/19/2011, 11:15 PM
I voted for things, but I don't have to tell all of them.

I'm giving Jeff another year. He's good coach that put himself in a bad situation. This year was going to suck, everyone should have known that. Nothing that has happened this year should be a surprise to anyone. (Except maybe that Chaminade loss.)

I'm glad the guys are at least playing hard. They just don't have the talent or the experience. They'll have a more of both next year.

Boomer.....
1/20/2011, 08:44 AM

This

Yes, Cade Davis is a big loss. He's a the best player on this team, and would start for pretty much everyone in the conference but Kansas. He plays very good defense, is a good passer, good rebounder, and when he's on can really stroke the three. He's also a great leader. The problem is that he's not cut out to be an elite scorer, which this pathetic team has had to ask of him.

Cade is not the best player on the team. He hustles and always gives it his all but is a very streaky shooter.

GDC
1/20/2011, 02:21 PM
You can't polish a turd.

soonervegas
1/20/2011, 03:06 PM
Well I want him gone, preferably tomorrow. What recruit has Capel brought in outside of the gimme B Griffin that wasn't a head case, nonproductive, or left the team?

Cade Davis. Love the guy, but on good team he is a 7th-8th man.

Even with all that he still didn't lose me till his actions after the season. No communication on what was happening and loading up on a bunch of high level NAIA guys that made a bad problem much worse. These action more than any told me loud and clear he was in over his head....

Anyone saying differently was pimping John Blake back in 1998 as well.

badger
1/21/2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks to everyone for participating. Everyone's hinted at their thoughts in the past - some more openly than others - just wanted to give everyone a chance to chime into the biggest discussions involving Sooner basketball (mens, womens... and Blake Griffin, lol).

Once again, sorry for the wording on the Capel thing. I promise that if I do another of these, I'll make the wording softer than "fired." I meant to ask whether you want him as the coach next season or not, regardless of if he's "fired," or resigns, gets a new job, retires, takes the year off to be daddy to his little girls, goes to be an assistant at a pro team, etc.

If nobody else wants to do this, I'll probably be back in a month to get second/third/etc. opinions. Of course, it'll be anonymous again.

Boomer!

Bourbon St Sooner
1/30/2011, 10:40 AM
I'm afraid I'm going to have to backtrack on some of my answers. Capel has this team playing better and coming through in the clutch.

The 3 folks who said we'd make the postseason aren't looking as stupid as I thought. That's still a long row to hoe though.

Aldebaran
1/31/2011, 09:23 AM
If Blake was still here, we'd be a tournament team this season. 67.95%

Hilarious. 32% of us need to get a grip. If Blake Griffin was on this team, we wouldn't only be a tournament team. We'd go deep in the tourney. Dude is a freak in the NBA, and playing against college players, it wouldn't even be fair.

badger
1/31/2011, 11:23 AM
Keep in mind that people could check as few boxes or as many boxes as they wanted, so just because only 67 percent checked the box doesn't mean that an anti-Blake box checked itself because of it. I'll try to keep this in mind next time I do one of these.

Tomorrow, I guess? It'll be February, after all.