PDA

View Full Version : So who gets a holiday tomorrow?

mgsooner
1/16/2011, 11:34 PM
This guyyyyyyy

proud gonzo
1/16/2011, 11:37 PM
lucky. :mad:

I shouldn't complain too much, though. I don't get a holiday, but I've only had a whopping two days of work so far. :rolleyes: :D

mgsooner
1/17/2011, 12:07 AM
wbFCVw2plbQ

1890MilesToNorman
1/17/2011, 12:10 AM
I don't know, every day seems like Tuesday to me!

salth2o
1/17/2011, 12:13 AM
Here, here.

sooner59
1/17/2011, 12:22 AM
School = holiday. :D

A Sooner in Texas
1/17/2011, 12:55 AM
No holiday, but the first of five compulsory furlough days.

So, if you "have" to work tomorrow, consider yourself lucky.

SoCaliSooner
1/17/2011, 12:56 AM
I am off tomorrow...and the next two days...

mgsooner
1/17/2011, 01:05 AM
No holiday, but the first of five compulsory furlough days.

So, if you "have" to work tomorrow, consider yourself lucky.

Sorry to hear that. Won't go into who exactly i work for, but we narrowly escaped furloughs. Wasn't looking forward to it at all.

btk108
1/17/2011, 01:58 AM
wife has a state job....so I took a vaca day.

SicEmBaylor
1/17/2011, 02:19 AM
Whether you have the day off is not what's important. Whether you're off work or not, I hope everyone will take the time to take a few minutes to reflect on the words and wisdom of Dr. King. His fight for equality, justice, and civil liberties is important for ALL Americans regardless of race. Truly, he was America's last Founding Father.

;)

SoCaliSooner
1/17/2011, 08:32 AM
Whether you have the day off is not what's important. Whether you're off work or not, I hope everyone will take the time to take a few minutes to reflect on the words and wisdom of Dr. King. His fight for equality, justice, and civil liberties is important for ALL Americans regardless of race. Truly, he was America's last Founding Father.

;)

I'm just gonna surf, take my kids to breakfast at Duke's and get a haircut...

SoonerJack
1/17/2011, 08:55 AM
We get three "floating holidays" so that people can take off for MLK if they want or Columbus or Presidents or Lindsay Lohan's rehab anniversary or whatever they so choose.

It's a pretty good arrangement. I consider them three extra vacation days.

GrapevineSooner
1/17/2011, 09:10 AM
I dragged my sick butt into office today.

Well, about 25 feet to my home office. ;)

waynepayne
1/17/2011, 11:51 AM
This guyyyyyyy

+1

and I just got up! WOOT!

3rdgensooner
1/17/2011, 11:53 AM
I am at work.

waynepayne
1/17/2011, 11:57 AM
I am at work.

well tahts ghey...

Mississippi Sooner
1/17/2011, 12:02 PM
Here in Mississippi, and in Alabama, Georgia and Arkansas too, January 19th has been Robert E. Lee Day for quite a few years, and state offices had traditionally observed it. When MLK Day was adopted, they just combined it into MLK/Robert E. Lee Day in order to ruffle as few feathers as possible. On a lot of state and county buildings they still put Closed for MLK/Lee Day. We are seeing less and less of that, though, it seems.

3rdgensooner
1/17/2011, 12:03 PM
well tahts ghey...How did you know I was doing ghey stuff?

waynepayne
1/17/2011, 12:07 PM
How did you know I was doing ghey stuff?

a little chk told me.

SoCaliSooner
1/17/2011, 12:10 PM
well tahts ghey...
Why is it that when 3g mentions being at work, you immediately picture man on man...or...woman on woman sex?

AlbqSooner
1/17/2011, 12:14 PM
Working for a Native American tribe I get most postal holidays. I do not get Columbus Day for some reason.

badger
1/17/2011, 12:15 PM
Tulsa's MLK parade just started. I really hope that the shortened parade route increases the police per square area and leads to decreased violence this year.

No, I'm not joking :(

soonerchk
1/17/2011, 12:15 PM
Working for a Native American tribe I get most postal holidays. I do not get Columbus Day for some reason.

Around here it's called Native American Appreciation Day.

texaspokieokie
1/17/2011, 12:18 PM
Great, i'm a native American. born in okmulgee.

SoCaliSooner
1/17/2011, 12:36 PM
Tulsa's MLK parade just started. I really hope that the shortened parade route increases the police per square area and leads to decreased violence this year.

No, I'm not joking :(

If those parades started at 9am most of the parade watchers/participants wouldn't be awake yet.

Win/win.

Veritas
1/17/2011, 01:07 PM
I'm going to see Tron this afternoon...perhaps I picked the wrong day to go to a movie theater. :texan:

:ducks:

soonerbrat
1/17/2011, 01:15 PM
No Holiday here at my office, but I can't complain, I had January 3rd off as a holiday. Made a nice 5 day weekend.

proud gonzo
1/17/2011, 03:04 PM
i wish i was watching Tron today. that movie kicks ***.

proud gonzo
1/17/2011, 03:05 PM
wife has a state job....so I took a vaca day.Why would you want a cow day? :confused:

OrlandoSooner
1/17/2011, 03:09 PM
I'm in the office to support the external auditors. I'll take a comp day later to replace it. Not a bad trade off.

Veritas
1/17/2011, 05:24 PM
i wish i was watching Tron today. that movie kicks ***.
It was great!

My only complaint is really a positive. I wish they'd have spread the thing out over three movies and done a bunch more background exposition. If Lucas can stretch turd souffle as Eps 1-3, it could have been done brilliantly with Tron Legacy.

soonerboomer93
1/17/2011, 05:50 PM
supposedly there's plans for another Tron movie and possibly a tv show(cartoon, like the clone wars stuff for star wars)

Eh, I wasn't really impressed with the 3d, but I did enjoy the movie

C&CDean
1/17/2011, 06:05 PM
I saw Obama today. I had just got off the Metro at the Archives/Navy Memorial and they had Pennsylvania Ave. all blocked off with hundreds, I mean literally hundreds of cops. A helecopter is flying up and down the street, and then here comes the motorcade. No less than 20 motorcycle cops with lights going, followed by a half-dozen DC cop cars, followed by 3-4 stretch limos with the Prez flag flying, all followed by no less than 20 Suburbans/vans/Expeditions all black with blacked out windows. Several of them had the gun turrets on the roof. Behind all them were a half-dozen more cop cars.

I think he was going out to get a ****ing sammich or something. What a waste of our taxpaying dollars. Dude could put on a hat, sun glasses, and hop in his Kia and go get a sammich without all the fanfare I'm thinking.

Oh yeah, I was off.

C&CDean
1/17/2011, 07:17 PM
So now I'm watching the local news and guess what Obama, his ho, and his little ho daughters...wait, I didn't say that, I mean his lovely little children were doing? Going to a local middle school to draw on the wall in the cafeteria. No. ****. I guaran-damn-tee you this trip cost you and me a half-mil. Easy. No wonder we're ****ed. Drawing on the wall with 150+ cops, 100+ Secret Service/FBI/sneaky types. It's outta hand.

proud gonzo
1/17/2011, 08:35 PM
It was great!

My only complaint is really a positive. I wish they'd have spread the thing out over three movies and done a bunch more background exposition. If Lucas can stretch turd souffle as Eps 1-3, it could have been done brilliantly with Tron Legacy.
Dude, they totally left it open for a sequel. That's why Cillian Murphy (who makes a great bad guy) had a TINY little sequel. They're setting him up to be the bad guy in the sequel, where Sam has to take over his dad's company and fight the nasties again. And deal with the fact that he just brought the chick back with him from the grid.

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2011, 08:40 PM
Happy MLK Day, everyone. And for all you racists out there, happy Bitterly Ironic Vacation Day.

mgsooner
1/17/2011, 08:45 PM
So now I'm watching the local news and guess what Obama, his ho, and his little ho daughters...wait, I didn't say that, I mean his lovely little children were doing? Going to a local middle school to draw on the wall in the cafeteria. No. ****. I guaran-damn-tee you this trip cost you and me a half-mil. Easy. No wonder we're ****ed. Drawing on the wall with 150+ cops, 100+ Secret Service/FBI/sneaky types. It's outta hand.

When you go to Arby's do you get potato cakes or curly fries? I'm more of a potato cake man myself.

waynepayne
1/17/2011, 08:46 PM
When you go to Arby's do you get potato cakes or curly fries? I'm more of a potato cake man myself.

better question. Arbys or Horsey sauce?

mgsooner
1/17/2011, 08:47 PM
Im not sure horsey sauce even exists. Is it still produced? I like to get extra Arby's sauce and use it in lieu of ketchup.

waynepayne
1/17/2011, 08:51 PM
Im not sure horsey sauce even exists. Is it still produced? I like to get extra Arby's sauce and use it in lieu of ketchup.

Well heck yes it is! I'll go and get a jr roast beef and ask for extra packets of horsey just so I can have it for my fries.

I mean for my potato cakes ;)

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2011, 08:57 PM

Did you go to the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and remember Martin Luther King today?

Turd_Ferguson
1/17/2011, 09:03 PM
Did you go to the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and remember Martin Luther King today?I worked. I have to in order to draw a pay check.

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2011, 09:10 PM
I worked. I have to in order to draw a pay check.

Did you know that if you look up the word redundant it says look up the word redundant?

Turd_Ferguson
1/17/2011, 09:18 PM
Did you know that if you look up the word redundant it says look up the word redundant?No, it doesn't.

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2011, 09:21 PM
Whew! Nothing gets by you!

Turd_Ferguson
1/17/2011, 09:24 PM
Whew! Nothing gets by you!Richard.

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2011, 09:28 PM
Richard.

Leroy!

Turd_Ferguson
1/17/2011, 09:40 PM
Leroy!LAS!

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2011, 09:41 PM
LAS!

LAS's Stalker!

Turd_Ferguson
1/17/2011, 09:44 PM
LAS's Stalker!Hold up bro...that was somebody else...can't remember who though.