PDA

View Full Version : Why dont I ever get nurses like this?

btk108
1/16/2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.newsok.com/nurse-loses-license-for-20-years-over-sex-with-hospice-patient/article/3532848?custom_click=lead_story_title

http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1341607/medium

Flagstaffsooner
1/16/2011, 12:11 PM
You must have a HMO, they make you DIY.

MR2-Sooner86
1/16/2011, 12:14 PM
Now THAT'S service.

stoopified
1/16/2011, 12:40 PM
I guess I don't get it,what does her lack of morals have to do with her nursing skills?If she failed to do her jump properly because of thisaffair than I can see punitive measures are necessary BUT if the affair did not affect her JOB,then WTF?

In my life I have known numerous people who were conducting adulteros affairs,often with co-workers and NOBODY got fired even though the affairs were public knowledge.People either have morals or they don't,you can't legally enforce morality.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/16/2011, 12:55 PM
Don't all terminally ill dudes want a happy ending?

Leroy Lizard
1/16/2011, 01:14 PM
Don't all terminally ill dudes want a happy ending?

Yeah, but this one tried to commit suicide. I'm not sure what kind of happy endings you request at your local massage parlor, but I want no part of it.

Leroy Lizard
1/16/2011, 01:16 PM
I guess I don't get it,what does her lack of morals have to do with her nursing skills?If she failed to do her jump properly because of thisaffair than I can see punitive measures are necessary BUT if the affair did not affect her JOB,then WTF?

In my life I have known numerous people who were conducting adulteros affairs,often with co-workers and NOBODY got fired even though the affairs were public knowledge.People either have morals or they don't,you can't legally enforce morality.

Nothing about legality here. She didn't break any laws. She broke a code of her profession and got ousted for it. The rules for health practitioners are pretty clear. There is little to debate.

tulsaoilerfan
1/16/2011, 03:03 PM
Honestly don't see the problem here;they are both consenting adults so if she wanted to **** him that's her business

Leroy Lizard
1/16/2011, 03:14 PM
Honestly don't see the problem here;they are both consenting adults so if she wanted to **** him that's her business

And if her profession wants to boot her that's their business too. Isn't freedom great?

THE-JROD
1/16/2011, 03:15 PM
Heh, i like how she talks about how much she cares for him...but obviously not that much considerin she gets pregnant by another man....

2121Sooner
1/16/2011, 03:18 PM
"Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth........"

And being a nurse I bet she really knew how to milk a prostate.

yermom
1/16/2011, 03:26 PM
20 years seems steep

another one that deserves a medal ;)

seriously though, falling in love with terminal patients seems like a good enough deterrent. i can see why this is bad for nursing though. who is going to pay for in-home care if they think their husband is going to be banging the nurses?

Leroy Lizard
1/16/2011, 03:49 PM
20 years seems steep

another one that deserves a medal ;)

seriously though, falling in love with terminal patients seems like a good enough deterrent. i can see why this is bad for nursing though. who is going to pay for in-home care if they think their husband is going to be banging the nurses?

Yeah, and when they fight the nurse slips him an overdose.

There is a reason why we prevent health care practitioners from getting emotionally involved with their patients.

Froze, are lawyers allowed to date their clients?

Okla-homey
1/16/2011, 04:05 PM
Froze is not an Oklahoma lawyer. But I am. Here, lawyers are not permitted to have sex with their clients UNLESS the sexual relationship pre-dated the lawyer's hiring.

Here's the thing about nurses boinking patients. It's just bad policy, especially a hospice nurse boinking a dying guy. Think about it. You folks ever heard of situations where caregivers at the end of life sometimes exerting what the law calls "undue influence" that later manifests itself as substantial bequeaths or devises in wills? Or expensive deathbed gifts? Not to mention the fact the dying guy was married.

Also, nursing is a profession governed by rules administered by nurses, for nurses. If the profession says "no boinking patients" and a nurse boinks a patient, the Board of Nursing has every right to hammer her if it finds during its investigation that boinking in fact occured and after affording her a hearing in which to explain.

soonervegas
1/16/2011, 04:07 PM
Example #235,678,003 that most women are completely insane

sappstuf
1/16/2011, 05:13 PM
I'm thinking now that I shouldn't have knocked her up....

jkjsooner
1/16/2011, 11:06 PM
Nothing about legality here. She didn't break any laws. She broke a code of her profession and got ousted for it. The rules for health practitioners are pretty clear. There is little to debate.

If a nurse has sex with a non-terminal unmarried man and later marries the guy and the relationship is uncovered, do you think she gets the same treatment from the board? I think they are legislating morality to an extent even if the code of conduct is clear.

Okla-homey
1/16/2011, 11:13 PM
If a nurse has sex with a non-terminal unmarried man and later marries the guy and the relationship is uncovered, do you think she gets the same treatment from the board? I think they are legislating morality to an extent even if the code of conduct is clear.

A nurse can have illicit sex. Just not with a patient to whom she's assigned. The rules are published and every nurse in Oklahoma has notice of this rule.

Leroy Lizard
1/16/2011, 11:32 PM
If a nurse has sex with a non-terminal unmarried man and later marries the guy and the relationship is uncovered, do you think she gets the same treatment from the board?

If I was on the board I would certainly consider punishing her, and not of the whips and chains variety.

Okay, maybe the whips and chains variety too.

1890MilesToNorman
1/16/2011, 11:35 PM
Brunt rhymes with something but I just can't put my finger on it.

btk108
1/17/2011, 01:59 AM
bow-chicka-bow-wow.....I think I've seen 2 mins of this movie

Leroy Lizard
1/17/2011, 03:07 AM
bow-chicka-bow-wow.....I think I've seen 2 mins of this movie

Is there a movie called Brick House?

Ctina
1/17/2011, 04:32 AM
We haven't covered "How to boink your patient" in school yet. I've got another year to go though, I'll let you know if it comes up.

Leroy Lizard
1/17/2011, 05:24 AM
We haven't covered "How to boink your patient" in school yet. I've got another year to go though, I'll let you know if it comes up.

Maybe you should talk to your parents.

Ctina
1/17/2011, 05:40 AM
About boinking? Yikes. No.

About anything else? Yikes. No.

AlbqSooner
1/17/2011, 06:54 AM
Froze is not an Oklahoma lawyer. But I am. Here, lawyers are not permitted to have sex with their clients UNLESS the sexual relationship pre-dated the lawyer's hiring.

It is also permissible after the attorney/client relationship is over if I recall correctly. The Oklahoma case that clearly established this was published in the early 80s. My then employer/mentor said that it established once and for all that it it unethical to screw your client - - except in the pocketbook.:D

TheHumanAlphabet
1/17/2011, 09:56 AM
This woman is a wack job...fluzzying around, hanging out with an active patient (if even on her own time). It is one thing to be caring, another to take advantage. Nursing board has ethics for a reason, she may very well have been the casue of a premature death for this individual. She should be brought up on manslaughter charges, or charge pertaining to assisted suicide in my opinion.

OUthunder
1/17/2011, 10:47 AM
I'd still hire her.

soonerbrat
1/17/2011, 11:06 AM
This woman is a wack job...fluzzying around, hanging out with an active patient (if even on her own time). It is one thing to be caring, another to take advantage. Nursing board has ethics for a reason, she may very well have been the casue of a premature death for this individual. She should be brought up on manslaughter charges, or charge pertaining to assisted suicide in my opinion.

there's no premature death in ALS. you got like 5 years and that's it. if anything, it probably kept him alive longer. She probably made his life better until she told him she was knocked up.

texaspokieokie
1/17/2011, 11:38 AM
she shouldn'ta told him that.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/17/2011, 12:21 PM
there's no premature death in ALS. you got like 5 years and that's it. if anything, it probably kept him alive longer. She probably made his life better until she told him she was knocked up.

I was refering to the reported suicide by not eating. Would he have done this on his own with the disease or was this triggered by the malpractice of the nurse - I don't think we will ever know...

Bigger question, would the Oklahoma high court impose themselves in something like this when you have a state licensing board, they have requirements and ethic standards and they have a due process process in place to adjudicate professional malpractice/professional conduct issues?

yankee
1/17/2011, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't go near that nurse with a ten foot pole...man, some of you have no standards in women. :D

AlboSooner
1/17/2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.thfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Stephen-hawking.jpg

waynepayne
1/17/2011, 02:00 PM
And if her profession wants to boot her that's their business too. Isn't freedom great?

I am going to find myself agreeing with Leroy here.

:)

3rdgensooner
1/17/2011, 02:04 PM
I want to make sure I'm understanding: Some in this thread want to be ill so they can have a nurse like her?

AlbqSooner
1/17/2011, 02:38 PM
Bigger question, would the Oklahoma high court impose themselves in something like this when you have a state licensing board, they have requirements and ethic standards and they have a due process process in place to adjudicate professional malpractice/professional conduct issues?

The law provides an appeal of licensing decisions to the State Supreme Court. Remember that those licensing boards may or may not have attorneys as members of the tribunal.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/17/2011, 03:20 PM
Okay, last resort for review as part of the process. Thanks.

btk108
1/18/2011, 11:16 AM
I want to make sure I'm understanding: Some in this thread want to be ill so they can have a nurse like her?

3G...really? You've been here how long now and you're questioning our motive to get some? :D

C&CDean
1/18/2011, 11:23 AM
A nurse can't, but the POTUS can. What a ****ing country.

King Barry's Back
1/18/2011, 02:27 PM

There are so many tantalizing aspects to this case (like, he was about to die. Why shouldn't I make him as comfortable as possible?), that I guess it could be debated for days.

What I don't get, is 20 YEARS!

OK, she shouldn't sleep with patients (though I see that more as a private matter), but why not 5 years? Or ten? That seems like PLENTY to me.

sappstuf
1/18/2011, 03:11 PM
Is the 20 years just for Oklahoma? Can she apply for a license in other states?

3rdgensooner
1/18/2011, 03:35 PM
3G...really? You've been here how long now and you're questioning our motive to get some? :DNot the motive, the means.

SoonerDude
1/18/2011, 04:13 PM
Did no one notice the best part of newsok.com the day this was posted? Check out the two different "nursing" headlines:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7140/nursingok.png