PDA

View Full Version : To the idiots who did NOT vote for Sam Bradford as Rookie of the Year:

soonerloyal
1/14/2011, 05:23 PM
I hope you realize just how ridiculous you are. Stick to playing, not voting about, football. You deserve to lose your right to vote in any meaningful sports-related award capacity from now through eternity. You should be punched in the throat for your stupidity. In the interest of justice, the Rams should hang half-a-hundred on your sorry-*** teams for the rest of your hopefully short-lived careers.

TIA.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/14/2011, 05:27 PM
I agree with you, BUT Suh was a freakin beast this year. It's not like he didn't deserve it. Suh was also named a pro-bowler. I thought they give out Offense and Defense ROY anyways???

soonerloyal
1/14/2011, 05:28 PM
Just going by this:

http://www.freep.com/article/20110113/SPORTS01/110113069/1354/Lions-Ndamukong-Suh-wins-rookie-of-year-award

85sooners
1/14/2011, 05:29 PM
asexdrctfvygbuhjok

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2011, 05:31 PM
So that is the Sporting News award and not the NFL's award...

Leroy Lizard
1/14/2011, 05:32 PM
I hope you realize just how ridiculous you are. Stick to playing, not voting about, football. You deserve to lose your right to vote in any meaningful sports-related award capacity from now through eternity. You should be punched in the throat for your stupidity. In the interest of justice, the Rams should hang half-a-hundred on your sorry-*** teams for the rest of your hopefully short-lived careers.

TIA.

I think you're taking this harder than Bradford. You shouldn't.

SoonerBacker
1/14/2011, 05:39 PM
Yep, this is only the Sporting News award. It isn't the NFL award. They will have offensive and defensive rookies of the year based on everyting I've read.

sooner59
1/14/2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah I was finding it hard to believe that a fan vote for the NFL would only get a little over 600 votes nation-wide.

Eielson
1/14/2011, 05:50 PM

TIA.

You mad?

mgsooner
1/14/2011, 05:52 PM

TIA.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1695123/olivia-s-hissy-fit-o.gif

bmjlr
1/14/2011, 05:56 PM

At least she didn't break the TV. :D

soonerloyal
1/14/2011, 05:56 PM

*wipes sweat off brow* Ohmygawd, that was cathartic. I feel MUCH better. Thank you. :D

That's what I get for panicking over sketchy news second-hand. You know, message board style. :eek: :O

Mad Dog Madsen
1/14/2011, 05:59 PM
I think it's cuz yer a gurl.

Collier11
1/14/2011, 06:00 PM
Suh deserved it, the Sporting News is voted on by players and execs btw...Bradford will get the NFLs OROY, no worries

soonerloyal
1/14/2011, 06:03 PM
I think it's cuz yer a gurl.

Prolly. :cool:

olevetonahill
1/14/2011, 06:19 PM
Dayum Wimmens, Get back in the kitchen and leave Sports to us MEN ;)

2121Sooner
1/14/2011, 06:24 PM
I think you're taking this harder than Bradford. You shouldn't.

Yeah, Bradford got $50 Million guaranteed.

Pretty sure he is ok with life.

oubose
1/14/2011, 06:27 PM
WTF! Suh come on.

AlbqSooner
1/14/2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, Bradford got $50 Million guaranteed.

Pretty sure he is ok with life.

He may get a bonus for ROY. Got to watch every penny.:D

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2011, 06:29 PM
Things based on fan voting are silly - do you vote for Dancing with the Stars contestants?

SteelClip49
1/14/2011, 07:21 PM
The top honor is the AP Offensive and Defensive ROtY Awards. Suh most likely will get the Defensive award and Bradford will get the offensive so no worries should be had here.

SoonerOX
1/14/2011, 07:53 PM
TIA:

Please relax....You're scaring me.

Sooner_Tuf
1/15/2011, 03:44 AM
NFL Rookie of the Year Award gets presented on Feb 3.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/15/2011, 06:43 AM
Suh was voted the Pro Bowl starter - one of if not the best player in the NFL at his position. 10 Sacks as a rookie DT is insane. Gerald McCoy had how many? (3)

Sam was fantastic by rookie QB standards, but overall wasn't close to being the best at his position. Rating 76.5 - near the bottom

Get a grip.

soonerloyal
1/15/2011, 09:27 AM
TIA:

Please relax....You're scaring me.

You sure spook easily, don'tcha, little one? *pat pat* :P

pphilfran
1/15/2011, 10:42 AM
Suh deserves it...

Knippz
1/15/2011, 04:19 PM
Suh was voted the Pro Bowl starter - one of if not the best player in the NFL at his position. 10 Sacks as a rookie DT is insane. Gerald McCoy had how many? (3)

Sam was fantastic by rookie QB standards, but overall wasn't close to being the best at his position. Rating 76.5 - near the bottom

Get a grip.

They're completely different skill positions though. Sam has to rely on 5 offensive lineman, tight ends, and his (horrible) receiving corp.

Ask anyone period which position is harder to play as a rookie - DT or QB. 10 out of 10 times, the answer will be QB.

Not only that, but Sam is responsible for his team WINNING games, the most important stat there is. They went from 1-15 to 7-9, and dramatic improvement. The Lions are, well, still the Lions.

But Suh did have a great year. I just think Sam's was more impressive given his overall impact on the Rams.

kelloggOUballa
1/15/2011, 04:26 PM
The top honor is the AP Offensive and Defensive ROtY Awards. Suh most likely will get the Defensive award and Bradford will get the offensive so no worries should be had here.

This. The NFL developed the Pepsi Rookie of the Year Award (voted online by the fans) in 2002, but it is not considered as high of an honor as the AP OROY and DROY awards. FWIW, AD won the Pepsi Award as well as AP OROY in 2007.

Leroy Lizard
1/15/2011, 04:47 PM
They're completely different skill positions though. Sam has to rely on 5 offensive lineman, tight ends, and his (horrible) receiving corp.

Ask anyone period which position is harder to play as a rookie - DT or QB. 10 out of 10 times, the answer will be QB.

Not only that, but Sam is responsible for his team WINNING games, the most important stat there is. They went from 1-15 to 7-9, and dramatic improvement. The Lions are, well, still the Lions.

The Lions are 6-10 in comparison to the Rams' 7-9. Not a big difference there, especially considering that the Lions play in a tougher division. Their overall schedule is much tougher.

OUTrumpet
1/15/2011, 05:42 PM
The Lions are 6-10 in comparison to the Rams' 7-9. Not a big difference there, especially considering that the Lions play in a tougher division. Their overall schedule is much tougher.

The Rams were playing for a spot in the playoffs the last weekend of the season, which is something the Lions can't say :P

BigRed47
1/15/2011, 07:38 PM

Thats almost how my wife reacted after OU beat the pokes this year.

dse2010
1/15/2011, 07:55 PM
Suh deserves it...

Doesn't the NFL do an OROY and DROY, so Suh and Bradford should be the obvious choices.

Knippz
1/15/2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, the Lions had a receiving corp too, regardless of their QB troubles. I honestly couldn't imagine a worse scenario than Sam had to deal with with his receivers for a QB. The fact that they almost made the playoffs, and Sam out up some record numbers for a rookie with a group of receivers that would be lucky to make it on the depth chart of any other team is incredible. Suh got some sacks.

sooner59
1/15/2011, 08:32 PM

The funny thing is the girl in that gif is Olivia Munn. She is an actress and OU alum.

Scott D
1/15/2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah, the Lions had a receiving corp too, regardless of their QB troubles. I honestly couldn't imagine a worse scenario than Sam had to deal with with his receivers for a QB. The fact that they almost made the playoffs, and Sam out up some record numbers for a rookie with a group of receivers that would be lucky to make it on the depth chart of any other team is incredible. Suh got some sacks.

Eh.....Burleson is overrated imo, Pettigrew has his stone hands moments, and nobody knows if Calvin Johnson is going to stick around when his contract is coming up. Lions went 6-10 with a 2nd and 3rd string QB duo most of the season. And I'm pretty sure that Suh won the head to head meeting very convincingly :P

two best moves the Lions have made in recent years were 1) firing Matt Millen and 2) trading that useless malcontent Roy Williams to Jerruh for lotsa draft picks.

Eielson
1/16/2011, 02:21 AM
We're comparing apples and oranges here.

Leroy Lizard
1/16/2011, 03:27 AM
Thats almost how my wife reacted after OU beat the pokes this year.

Can I come over and watch the next OU/OSU game with you?

:pop:

Since71ASooner4Life
1/16/2011, 07:56 AM

But Suh did have a great year. I just think Sam's was more impressive given his overall impact on the Rams.

Apparently the NFL coaches who voted saw it differently

Since71ASooner4Life
1/16/2011, 08:20 AM

Absolutely - that's why Sam, despite being near the bottom in QB Rating (but with a lot of yards/completions while 3rd in the league in pass attempts) still finishes close in the voting to a guy who dominated NFL offensive lineman while being double teamed constantly.

EstablishedSooner1967
1/16/2011, 11:33 AM
This is a Joke! The QB is the hardest position in pro sports.. and the only reason he did not make the Pro Bowl is because unless you go deep into the playoffs you will not be the Pro Bowl QB its a Fing joke Sam is not the ROY!!

delhalew
1/16/2011, 11:43 AM
The funny thing is the girl in that gif is Olivia Munn. She is an actress and OU alum.

While you are correct, I submit that the funny thing is that she was sitting on the couch with a tire iron...wtf?

Therealsouthsider
1/16/2011, 12:14 PM
....what Suh accomplished on the field this year is akin to learning to ride a bicycle thru a rough neighborhood, Bradfords' trek was more like learning to fly an airplane through the Bermuda triangle....Bradfords' season was much more impressive given the results and his supporting cast.

....not even close

SS

Lott's Bandana
1/16/2011, 04:26 PM

Does she always have a tire iron lying around?

KantoSooner
1/16/2011, 05:09 PM
I dunno, for a minute, I thought it was my ex-wife.

soonercastor
1/17/2011, 02:27 AM
Dayum Wimmens, Get back in the kitchen and leave Sports to us MEN ;)

Ron Franklin, is that you?

:D

Leroy Lizard
1/17/2011, 02:32 AM
This is a Joke! The QB is the hardest position in pro sports.. and the only reason he did not make the Pro Bowl is because unless you go deep into the playoffs you will not be the Pro Bowl QB its a Fing joke Sam is not the ROY!!

He didn't have a Pro Bowl season. Not even close.

ROY? Sure. Pro Bowl? No way.

brainpimp
1/17/2011, 09:08 AM
He didn't have a Pro Bowl season. Not even close.

ROY? Sure. Pro Bowl? No way.

And yet there he is in the PB.

So .....whay.

Widescreen
1/17/2011, 09:30 AM
And yet there he is in the PB.

So .....whay.

Sam's not in the Pro Bowl. Nor should he be. So, No Way.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2011, 09:39 AM
So..Is this still about the non important award this thread was originally started over or are we on to something else?

Eielson
1/17/2011, 11:40 AM
So..Is this still about the non important award this thread was originally started over or are we on to something else?

It's turned into a pretty crappy Suh vs. Bradford debate.

Bradford Supporters: EVERYBODY WHO VOTED FOR SUH IS AN IDIOT

Suh Supporters: Well, Suh did go to the Pro Bowl, and is already one of the best DT's in the league. Bradford, on the other hand, had the third worst passer rating in the league.

Bradford Supporters: BUT BRADFORD PLAYS QUARTERBACK

Sooner_Tuf
1/18/2011, 05:55 AM
Geez guys the award isn't even given out for a couple more weeks :/ I think only four QBs have ever won the NFL ROY award so it would be a big deal if Sam wins it. From everything I have read most people think it will be him.

tator
1/18/2011, 03:37 PM
While we're comparing Suh and Bradford, we may as well throw Blake Griffin in the conversation.

adoniijahsooner
1/18/2011, 03:39 PM
I vote for Sam, but Suh is more than worthy.