PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck is going to only eat half of this?

3rdgensooner
1/14/2011, 03:16 PM
What's the point of this?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7756/clipboard01wyk.jpg

sooner59
1/14/2011, 03:20 PM
Nobody. The trick is to this is making people think its half as bad for you as it really is by hoping they don't notice the serving size.

Soonerson1975
1/14/2011, 03:21 PM
I once ate only half of a hot pocket.

2121Sooner
1/14/2011, 03:23 PM
I am..................fatty

3rdgensooner
1/14/2011, 03:25 PM
I am..................fattyYou're not fat, you're husky.

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 03:31 PM
I ain't eating none of it. That **** is nasty.

Cheez-It
1/14/2011, 03:35 PM
It is Healthychoice's way of advertising only 100 calories. Of course in tiny print it will mention per serving.

2121Sooner
1/14/2011, 03:38 PM
You're not fat, you're husky.

Big boned

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 03:40 PM
I've been up here in DC for weeks now and I actually have to go to the grocery store myself. I've seen all these "healthy" foods now and it's all horsecrap. I feel like I'm starving to death because I'll only buy the raw spinach, greens, veggies, tomatoes, fruit, boneless/skinless chicken, tuna, eggs, cheese, and stuff like that cause all the easy to make food is so full of ****. Enough sodium to fill the ocean. More carbs than a Coke. Meh.

I'm jonesing for momma's cooking in a big way. I have found an Irish pub that serves damn good fish and shrimp tacos though. Yeah I know, tacos at an Irish place in DC. Weird, but good.

sooner59
1/14/2011, 04:01 PM
Shrimp tacos are awesome.

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 04:05 PM
And they're $3 shrimp tacos which makes them even better.

3rdgensooner
1/14/2011, 04:07 PM
It is Healthychoice's way of advertising only 100 calories. Of course in tiny print it will mention per serving.Right, but a 200 calorie cup of soup is perfectly reasonable. It's just goofy to imply that you'd only eat half of it.

2121Sooner
1/14/2011, 04:08 PM
I hate when places have fish tacos on their menu and it is just battered and deep fried pieces of crappy fish taken from the freezer.

Very disappointing.

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 04:11 PM
I hate when places have fish tacos on their menu and it is just battered and deep fried pieces of crappy fish taken from the freezer.

Very disappointing.

I had them at a joint in Albuquerque and they were ****ing fishsticks. Weren't even good fishsticks either. I was pissed. Two tacos, beans & rice and it was like $12.

reflector
1/14/2011, 05:30 PM
I would probably eat the whole thing.

65Mustang
1/14/2011, 06:10 PM
Right, but a 200 calorie cup of soup is perfectly reasonable. It's just goofy to imply that you'd only eat half of it.

That's cuz it's for sharing.

Dinner for two, so to speak...

soonerchk
1/14/2011, 06:18 PM
I had them at a joint in Albuquerque and they were ****ing fishsticks. Weren't even good fishsticks either. I was pissed. Two tacos, beans & rice and it was like $12.

DUDE!!! Fish in the desert???? That's like expecting fresh shrimp in OKC!!!!!

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 06:24 PM
DUDE!!! Fish in the desert???? That's like expecting fresh shrimp in OKC!!!!!

Where the hell you been? They've got this brandy new invention out. It's called an "aero plane." You can eat fish this afternoon in Moab, Utah, that was caught a few hours ago in the gulf. It ain't like it used to be where the only good seafood was on the coast.

I had a buddy (I say "had" cause he's a prick who effed over his wife) who flew a twin engine plane every day from New Orleans to OKC with nothing but fresh fish for OKC restaurants.

Anyhow, there's damn good fish tacos in Purcell America. Catfish, but still pretty good. Bravo's. Try em'.

2121Sooner
1/14/2011, 06:28 PM
Shellfish out of the gulf sucks asssss.......

That is like reading about Sooner football in a newspaper from Austin Texas. Sure it is gonna be Sooner football.......but it aint gonna be the good stuff.

Come to the Pacific NW for real seafood.

soonerchk
1/14/2011, 06:30 PM
Where the hell you been? They've got this brandy new invention out. It's called an "aero plane." You can eat fish this afternoon in Moab, Utah, that was caught a few hours ago in the gulf. It ain't like it used to be where the only good seafood was on the coast.

I had a buddy (I say "had" cause he's a prick who effed over his wife) who flew a twin engine plane every day from New Orleans to OKC with nothing but fresh fish for OKC restaurants.

Anyhow, there's damn good fish tacos in Purcell America. Catfish, but still pretty good. Bravo's. Try em'.

There's a reason I said shrimp and not catfish.

2121Sooner
1/14/2011, 06:31 PM
There's a reason I said shrimp and not catfish.

What about tuna?

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 06:46 PM
Shellfish out of the gulf sucks asssss.......

That is like reading about Sooner football in a newspaper from Austin Texas. Sure it is gonna be Sooner football.......but it aint gonna be the good stuff.

Come to the Pacific NW for real seafood.

When I wanna **** a fat, ugly hairy chick or a dude I'll come to the Pacific NW. Besides, shrimp don't grow out there anyhow. Y'all got all them cold water dealios.

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 06:47 PM
shrimp/fish same dang difference

soonerchk
1/14/2011, 06:52 PM
shrimp/fish same dang difference

Well no wonder you order fish in the desert. ;)

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 06:57 PM
Well no wonder you order fish in the desert. ;)

Heh. Actually, some of the best fish tacos I've ever eaten are at a place called "Chuy's" in Tucson - not to be confused with the craphole tex-mex Chuys in Texas. It's hard to get more "desert" than Tucson (although Puerto Penasco is only a couple hours away.)

afs
1/14/2011, 08:35 PM
Heh. Actually, some of the best fish tacos I've ever eaten are at a place called "Chuy's" in Tucson - not to be confused with the craphole tex-mex Chuys in Texas. It's hard to get more "desert" than Tucson (although Puerto Penasco is only a couple hours away.)

Really? There's a Chuys a mile from my house. Never tried it out, maybe I will now.

CrimsonKel
1/14/2011, 09:59 PM
It's deceptive.

A Sooner in Texas
1/14/2011, 10:33 PM
I've had oysters from the Pacific Northwest, and they suck *** compared to Gulf oysters. But king crab legs are da bomb.
And one of the best places I've ever eaten seafood is right in Tulsa...Bodean's. Is it still good?

StoopTroup
1/14/2011, 10:41 PM
Just get a cheese enchilada and quit gheying up the tacos with the Beltway coming out of the closet queer as a $3 taco.