PDA

View Full Version : What is going on at KU?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2011, 12:40 AM
Rice OC named co-offensive coordinator, going back to KU where he was on Magino's staff. Chuck Third and Long not getting along with Gill??? Not calling the best of plays???

SoonerMom2
1/14/2011, 12:41 AM
Would you want Chuck Long calling your plays if you were Turner Gill? I was so happy when he left OU!

agoo758
1/14/2011, 01:25 AM
Hopefully that's the case. I am rooting for Gill to succeed.

gaylordfan1
1/14/2011, 01:35 AM
Mangino may be an ***, but he put W's behind his team. Who's missing that big load of fun? I'm surprised Stoops didn't find a place for him on his staff.

THE-JROD
1/14/2011, 01:35 AM
Im not rootin for Kansas period ever since they got rid of Mangino!

SC Sooner
1/14/2011, 10:05 AM
Rice OC named co-offensive coordinator, going back to KU where he was on Magino's staff. Chuck Third and Long not getting along with Gill??? Not calling the best of plays???

You can't be serious about Long. The number of meltdowns on the boards when he left about his OC play calling abilities and how much that would hurt, how could that possibly be the reason?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/14/2011, 10:11 AM
Oh, believe me, I was not fan of Long here at OU. Based on what he did at SDSU, I was surprised Gill hired him. Now Gill is looking to add to his staff after only 1 year with Long?? I was wondering if there were internal problems or not. I don't follow the sports news that closely.

dynersooner
1/14/2011, 10:49 AM
RICE? really? play calling was THAT bad at KU??? wow...

badger
1/14/2011, 10:53 AM
I am not a fan of KU at this point after their unceremonious dumping of Mangino for the most pathetic excuses (finger poking? saying 'homies?' really?!?!) but it is kind of sad that Turner Gill has sucked thus far for the most part.

Yeah, they got a sig win over Ga Tech at home, but the rest has been downright miserable. Not blaming Chuck Chuck, suckitude of that magnitude has to fall on the entire coaching staff, especially the head coach.

stoopified
1/14/2011, 12:40 PM
Who gives a rat's a$$ ABOUT THE SCREAMING BLUE CHICKENS?

NormanPride
1/14/2011, 12:55 PM
Gill took a team that was a B12 North contender and turned them into the laughingstock of college football.

Cornfed
1/14/2011, 02:50 PM
Gill took a team that was a B12 North contender and turned them into the laughingstock of college football.

The way I look at it is that the admin there is more at fault than anyone.

SoonerOX
1/14/2011, 04:35 PM
I too wish well for Gill. Seems like a good guy and he did well at buffalo. Also, I don't blame turner gill for that programs slide. I think he will pick it up soon.

85sooners
1/14/2011, 04:37 PM
:eek:

Scott D
1/14/2011, 06:12 PM

they were heading toward laughingstock when Mangino was fired.

oubose
1/14/2011, 06:35 PM
Mangino did get it done

boomermagic
1/14/2011, 06:44 PM
Mangino did get it done

Yes he did and so far Gill has been unable to do that.. I bet Gill is fired after next season..

MyT Oklahoma
1/14/2011, 07:37 PM
What's happening at K Who? Another one bites the dust.

http://cjonline.com/news/state/2011-01-14/former-williams-fund-director-cops-plea

sperry
1/14/2011, 07:58 PM
Mangino left the program with no talent at all, which combined with him being fat are the real reasons he was fired.

Collier11
1/14/2011, 08:03 PM
they were heading toward laughingstock when Mangino was fired.

If you remember they were 5-0 or 5-1 when the debacle went public, they had good talent his last year, they just imploded

Football Jim
1/15/2011, 03:19 AM
KU is ......well KU :D They have sucked in the past, they suck now and I predict they will continue to suck in the future!

Scott D
1/15/2011, 06:56 PM
If you remember they were 5-0 or 5-1 when the debacle went public, they had good talent his last year, they just imploded

they lost a lot of senior leadership off of that team as well.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/15/2011, 07:03 PM
Who gives a rat's a$$ ABOUT THE SCREAMING BLUE CHICKENS?pretty much agreement!

THE-JROD
1/15/2011, 07:09 PM
Mangino left the program with no talent at all, which combined with him being fat are the real reasons he was fired.

Him being fat had nothing to do with him being fired you dumb@$$...Mangino turned that program around and because he says a few words that doesnt go well with admin he's gone...Dumb move by KU...

PLaw
1/16/2011, 11:17 AM
why all of the empathy for kansas and t. gill? just because of the fat man?

to heck with rock chalk jayhawk, they have always and will always be a 3rd tier that occassionally rises to the 2nd tier. a b-ball school is not a worthy rival, period.

BOOMER

Soonermagik
1/16/2011, 11:22 AM
Fans are normally way off when they go after OC's or DC's. However, Chuck Long deserved the criticism, he was awful. He proved how terrible he was at SDSU. And we all know the last guy at SDSU had plenty of success.

SoonerMom2
1/16/2011, 11:48 AM
Fans are normally way off when they go after OC's or DC's. However, Chuck Long deserved the criticism, he was awful. He proved how terrible he was at SDSU. And we all know the last guy at SDSU had plenty of success.

Very well said -- was so happy to see him go -- they brought back Josh for the Holiday Bowl Game from AZ and didn't use Long at all even when he offered since they were going to be in San Diego. Note the difference with Wilson being welcomed back for the Fiesta Bowl to help Josh. That pretty much says it all.

MikeInNorman
1/16/2011, 01:47 PM
Sorry to rain on the Long-haters parade, but the new coach at KU was hired to replace former KU co-offensive coordinator Darrel Wyatt, who took a job as the Texas receivers coach for twice the money. Chuck Long will still call the plays, and be the "lead" coordinator at KU, and that's the way Gill wants it.

The fact that apparently nobody on this thread had any idea about Wyatt's well-publicized hire at UT speaks volumes.