PDA

View Full Version : Julio Jones for Bradford

JLEW1818
1/13/2011, 10:50 PM
God i hope this kid is still available when the Rams pick at 14.

Green will be gone.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2011, 10:52 PM
2nd round attitude, top 10 talent that will be available then or later...Jonathan Baldwin

BoulderSooner79
1/13/2011, 10:53 PM
Phhht, don't need him - Clayton is on the mend :)

Should be lots of WR talent on the board when the Rams pick. Also, I know they lost their best receiver before they got Clayton. Can't remember his name, but maybe he'll be ready. (All this assumes an NFL season, of course).

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2011, 10:55 PM
Avery is not a true #1...Jones and Green will be gone...anybody else will be a reach...I think they can go a different position with the 14th pick and pick up a solid WR in the 2nd

yankee
1/13/2011, 10:58 PM
Avery is not a true #1...Jones and Green will be gone...anybody else will be a reach...I think they can go a different position with the 14th pick and pick up a solid WR in the 2nd

Any potential FA WR's in 2011 not named Owens?

sooner59
1/13/2011, 11:00 PM
Or they could try to use the pick to trade for a good WR....

JLEW1818
1/13/2011, 11:01 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html

2011 WR, free agents

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2011, 11:04 PM
I think most of the big names will re sign with their teams, so I think Stallworth or Lance Moore out of NO would be good pick ups

sooner59
1/13/2011, 11:04 PM

Umm...yeeeaaahhh....

There is some nice talent in that pool. I wonder who all they could afford.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2011, 11:06 PM
Or they could try to use the pick to trade for a good WR....

Im not sure who they could package with the 14th to move up..

JLEW1818
1/13/2011, 11:07 PM
wow! New England with 2 first round picks... just sick .. they are such a damn good system

Dwight
1/13/2011, 11:08 PM

I think Braylon Edwards would be a good pick up, but I would rather have AJ or Julio

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2011, 11:10 PM
wow! New England with 2 first round picks... just sick .. they are such a damn good system

Dude, they have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds...They'll trade some of those and pick up a decent FA

sooner59
1/13/2011, 11:12 PM
The Pats do things right. Ever since they lucked out with Brady, they have made some great moves. They consistently stay in contention.

Soonermagik
1/13/2011, 11:16 PM
He gets Clayton and Avery back next year. They could still use another young guy and a really solid TE.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2011, 11:17 PM
Best thing they do is deal players while they can still get something for them...Their Randy Moss move was pure genius

stoops the eternal pimp
1/13/2011, 11:19 PM
Bradford needs a #1 receiver..neither Clayton or Avery are...

They can't protect Bradford like they did this season and are going to have to open up the passing game with a receiver who is big and fast enough to get down field and make plays..

Im concerned about Sam already losing his QB coach also

Leroy Lizard
1/13/2011, 11:20 PM
It looks like the Rams are looking to spend their first two picks on defense.

sooner59
1/13/2011, 11:27 PM
They should trade Sam Bradford for a decent WR. :D

gaylordfan1
1/14/2011, 01:28 AM
They should trade Sam Bradford for a decent WR. :D

Sam to the Falcons..... That's what I'm hearing.

gaylordfan1
1/14/2011, 01:31 AM
Sam to the Falcons..... That's what I'm hearing.

You know what... Im sorry for that....... I hate when people post turds like that. I don't want to be that guy.

soonergirlNeugene
1/14/2011, 05:39 AM
I expect to see the rams trade down. Barring something unexpected between now and the draft, there likely won't be anything they need on the board at the right value in the first round. With the strength of the WRs in free agency this season, they should be able to address that need.

kevpks
1/14/2011, 11:41 AM
Avery, Clayton, Amendola, and hopefully a stud WR in the draft. All of a sudden, their receiving corp doesn't look too bad. The TEs already seem pretty decent.

badger
1/14/2011, 11:51 AM
As much as I would love Bradford to have solid receivers, first round wide receivers have a bad track record (OK, just the ones the Detroit Lions select, lol)

Rams can get quality receivers in later rounds in almost any draft... or even after the draft. If Sammie needs anything out of the first round, it's help on the offensive line.

C&CDean
1/14/2011, 12:05 PM
Look, the girl is smarter than all you guys.

TahoeSOONER
1/14/2011, 12:06 PM
This^

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2011, 12:12 PM
As much as I would love Bradford to have solid receivers, first round wide receivers have a bad track record (OK, just the ones the Detroit Lions select, lol)

Rams can get quality receivers in later rounds in almost any draft... or even after the draft. If Sammie needs anything out of the first round, it's help on the offensive line.

^Yes. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have made any receivers they have productive as long as they get protection. I expect Sam will do the same (eventually). Unfortunately, I've read a few draft experts say there are no sure fire 1st round offensive tackles this year.

badger
1/14/2011, 12:15 PM
Look, the girl is smarter than all you guys.

It's a Packer fan thing ;)

It's OK to covet a big-time receiver. Julio Jones and AJ Green both appear to be talented guys. It's just the track record of first round receivers that should scare any GM into looking at another position first... like, yeah, offensive line. Sammie got sacked and hurried or just knocked on his butt waaaay too much this past season, and unlike Peyton and Brady, doesn't get pity personal foul flags for such hits.

EDIT: Also, as far as o-line availability in the first round, I wouldn't want them to take a line guy too high, but if a lineman is rated as a late first rounder to second rounder, push the button, pull the trigger, etc. Linemen stay with teams a long time (if they're quality) and probably won't drama up the contract negotiations that other positions traditionally would (read: WR, QB).

They seem to be OK on defense, but another pass rusher might help. Just please, don't take that Auburn loser that everyone's been hyping.

OU-HSV
1/14/2011, 12:31 PM
Avery, Clayton, Amendola, and hopefully a stud WR in the draft. All of a sudden, their receiving corp doesn't look too bad. The TEs already seem pretty decent.

What about Gilyard? I wonder if he'll eventually make an impact for them. Regardless though, they really need a big WR who can make an impact asap. But the O-Line still needs major attention as well. It seemed like they folded at some very bad times in games this year. They just played inconsistent at times.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2011, 04:30 PM
What about Gilyard? I wonder if he'll eventually make an impact for them. Regardless though, they really need a big WR who can make an impact asap. But the O-Line still needs major attention as well. It seemed like they folded at some very bad times in games this year. They just played inconsistent at times.

Gilyard is just another version of the other guys they already have...They need somebody who can get himself open down the field...Gilyard isn't that guy, and is inconsistent.

SoonerOX
1/14/2011, 04:38 PM
I would like to see Bradford get some better receivers...but my panthers really need some help....

badger
1/14/2011, 04:39 PM
I really think that with all the dropsies we witnessed last season when the ball was delivered perfectly by Sammie that no Rams receiver has job security at this point. No, not even Mark Clayton (because he's a unrestricted free agent if I recall correctly).

Every receiver will have to prove during the offseason and preseason that they will catch the ball regardless of whether the playoffs and divisional title are on the line.

Mad Dog Madsen
1/14/2011, 04:41 PM
The line seems to be ok for now. I know they're not the best but I think they'll do much better next season. Where the Rams really need help is on DEFENSE!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2011, 04:44 PM
Really? The need another LB and SS, but the defense is the main reason this team won as many games as it did...

I do think people overplay the line card because they were a middle of the group line like they were last year...They could use a guard like I posted earlier this morning in the NFL thread..

Mad Dog Madsen
1/14/2011, 04:57 PM
Really? The need another LB and SS, but the defense is the main reason this team won as many games as it did...
I do think people overplay the line card because they were a middle of the group line like they were last year...They could use a guard like I posted earlier this morning in the NFL thread..

Totally agree. I was adressing the needs at safety and linebacker. ...Oh, but you covered that too. :O I do remember them giving up some big plays though. The Rams do need a #1 receiver but I think they should really focus on the D after that IMO.

sperry
1/14/2011, 05:08 PM
Of the guys on the Rams roster, Amendola is a marginal 3rd or 4th receiver, Clayton was having his first good season as a pro but may not be healthy next year, and none of the other guys should be collecting pay checks for playing football. The situation at TE is similarly miserable.

badger
1/14/2011, 05:13 PM

I see what you mean... Bradford had to hold the ball a little too long in some situations because WRs couldn't get open, which led to some of his hurries/sacks/knockdowns, when the O-line was holding up pretty good for a reasonable amount of time.

I don't know what the NFL starting limit is for players in preseason camps (like 100? 95?) but I hope they go up to that number in bringing in WR prospects. If any of the current WR corps value their high paying NFL jobs, they should spend the ENTIRE offseason training with Sammie the same way Clayton has since before Sam was in the NFL. You know Sam will work his butt off to make himself better this summer. Clayton too. Now, who else doesn't want to play their pro ball in Canada next year?

swardboy
1/14/2011, 09:46 PM
I want to get excited about Denario Alexander but he has a penchant for disappearing somehow. I don't know if draft or FA is the way to go, but Sam NEEDS a big play, downfield, speedy gonzales type of threat. I have faith that Clayton will come back.

And Steven Jackson is definitely on the downside of his career.

BoulderSooner79
1/14/2011, 10:46 PM
The Rams haven't fixed that many things from the squad the went 1-15 outside of Bradford. They still need help in lots of areas.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2011, 10:47 PM
Well their defensive improvement was pretty remarkable...with so-so talent at most positions

JLEW1818
1/14/2011, 10:48 PM
true. but that entire division needs help. You couldn't really ask for Sam to be in a better situation, "realistically."

Nobody in that division is going anywhere soon. He took a team from 1-15 to 7-9. This is the NFL.. idc who u play. it's the NFL.

JLEW1818
1/14/2011, 10:49 PM
I mean Colt McCoy beat Tom Brady this year.

IDC what their running back did. The Browns still beat New England. Colt McCoy still beat Tom Brady.

BoulderSooner79
1/15/2011, 12:20 AM
Well their defensive improvement was pretty remarkable...with so-so talent at most positions

Yep, coaching counts, but my meaning was talent. We can talk about WRs or OLs, but the Rams could use an upgrade in most positions (except QB or course). This division really shows the importance of the QB. The Cardinals nose-dived after Warner left. The Niners have a lot of talent except at QB and are a bad team. And we see what Sam did for the Rams even though he was a rookie. I would predict the Rams take over that division except for the Harbaugh factor - if that guy manages to get even a decent QB the Niners could get good fast. I'm not buy the Seahawks yet.

VA Sooner
1/16/2011, 12:42 AM
Jones is a good pick for Bradford, who needs more receivers with good hands.

Eielson
1/16/2011, 02:25 AM

Spags is the man!

Eielson
1/16/2011, 02:44 AM

Calvin Johnson is a stud. Mike Williams just came off a pretty good year. Roy Williams has had several good years. Rogers was a huge bust, but I think it was injuries, or something the Lions had no control over, that caused that. I really don't see why the Lions are continually ridiculed for the WR's they picked. The Rams would benefit greatly from any of those other than Rogers.

Picking an OT in the first round is out of the question seeing how Brown and Saffold (2nd and 33rd I believe) were high picks in the last two years. Jason Brown is also one of the best centers in the league. Are you suggesting an OG with the #14 pick? That's pretty high. I would think 2nd-3rd round would make a lot more sense. I think the same thing about a Safety. A WR would probably be the first choice as the first rounder, but I just don't see one being there. I hope they trade down, but an OLB like Ayers might be nice.

Okie35
1/16/2011, 02:45 AM
Julio will probably be gone before the 14th pick too.

EstablishedSooner1967
1/16/2011, 11:36 AM
Clayton will be solid but StL need a young tall stretch the field WR Mark Clayton is not that guy and injured a lot.

If Sam would have had a WR that 1. Could catch! 2. Go Deep StL would have beaten Seattle in the Playoff and won a few more games!