PDA

View Full Version : C.J. Washington?

Soonerite
1/12/2011, 02:40 PM
Does anyone have any insight into what is going on with his playing time? With the relatively soft play by both Tyler Neal and Nick Thompson, I don't see why CJ's not getting more minutes. He seems to be a pretty aggressive defender down low and a nice rebounder, so is he in the dog house or just not showing it in practice?

yankee
1/12/2011, 06:31 PM
I don't understand Capel's rotation of players. Some night CJ sees significant PT, then he'll go without a lot of PT for a while. Maybe Capel's just trying to see what works best. CJ gets into foul trouble easily because of his aggressiveness, but I don't think that's the reason why he doesn't see PT some games.

stoopified
1/12/2011, 06:43 PM
Could have a lot to do with what happens in practice.Kinda like when Stoops wasn't playing D'Juan Miller because of poor practices.When D'Juan picked up his tempo,his PT went up.

Blue
1/12/2011, 06:48 PM
Shouldn't Capel know by now who should be getting the PT? It's hard to believe Thompson has more upside. But what do I know?

Soonerjeepman
1/12/2011, 07:30 PM
Shouldn't Capel know by now who should be getting the PT? It's hard to believe Thompson has more upside. But what do I know?

yup....my simple opinion.

oubose
1/12/2011, 07:35 PM
only a fan, never the coach in this case

Soonerite
1/12/2011, 09:47 PM
I guess I'm just frustrated at seeing Thompson stand under the basket with his hands up in the air while people power by him for the easy layup, or Acey and the goofy white kid from A&M repeatedly follow up misses for easy dunks. :mad:

mfreemba
1/13/2011, 10:00 AM
Lack of talent. None of our power forwards are talented enough to play with the rest of the Big 12 power forwards. We have a group that all are Southland/Mid-Continent Conference level players.