PDA

View Full Version : Espn Top 25 2011

w0lfe
1/12/2011, 11:06 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=6009707

Another boomer sooner as the number 1 team. Not for sure I agree with Bama at number 2

OUmillenium
1/12/2011, 11:09 AM
UTerus at # 22?

KantoSooner
1/12/2011, 11:09 AM
"The Tide will have to replace three juniors who entered the NFL draft -- tailback Mark Ingram, receiver Julio Jones and defensive end Marcell Dareus. Quarterback Greg McElroy also is departing"

That seems like a bit of a steep hurdle to overcome and still be rated #2 pre-season.

NormanPride
1/12/2011, 11:13 AM
But SEC, Kanto. SEC.

MyT Oklahoma
1/12/2011, 11:18 AM
That's about right for us I think and I could care less where everybody else is ranked when I am looking down on all of them. :cool:

Kilmer
1/12/2011, 11:23 AM
How come we have to play back to back games at Stillwater? Just curious.

Sabanball
1/12/2011, 11:26 AM
We lost more starters at the end of last yr and were still preseason no. 1 this season and held onto it for 5 weeks. I'd probably have us around no. 5 for preseason 2011, but no. 2 is not that far-fetched, IMO. Really, our only question mark is at qb and that will either be AJ McCarron, a guy that Stoops also tried to recruit out of Mobile, AL, or Philip Sims, the no. 1 rated qb out of HS in some recruiting services from Virginia. Sims 'shirted this past season whereas AJ saw limited mop- up duty, but both are considered to be very good, even to the point that the CW here is that the one that does not win the job in the spring or in fall camp will more than likely transfer-- they're both considered to be THAT good.

Really though, preseason rankings don't mean jack--it's where you're ranked in dec./jan that's important.

Oldnslo
1/12/2011, 11:33 AM
We're doomed.

Sabanball
1/12/2011, 11:47 AM

My guess is it has something to do with the Big 12 schedules having to be reworked now that Colorado and Nebraska are no longer in anyone's rotation.

This is not unprecedented. I remember back in '86 and '87 you guys had to go to Lincoln two yrs in a row.

Widescreen
1/12/2011, 12:04 PM
Not that I don't think we'll beat pokie state again in Stillwater but I'd rather go to Ames back-to-back. We also have to go to Waco again next year although Baylor doesn't treat us like their super bowl every year so that's no big deal.

yermom
1/12/2011, 12:31 PM
we get Tech in Norman again though too.

Lubbock hasn't exactly been a picnic the last few years.

i guess this means we'll go to Tech and aTm in the same years for a while now though

85sooners
1/12/2011, 06:01 PM
garbage i tell u

VA Sooner
1/13/2011, 08:10 AM
Hype. Everyone wants to get their guesses in before the other person. Surprise ESPN wasn't there on the sidelines of Oregon-Auburn game giving opinions about who will win next year.

SoonerBBall
1/13/2011, 11:35 AM
We lost more starters at the end of last yr and were still preseason no. 1 this season and held onto it for 5 weeks. I'd probably have us around no. 5 for preseason 2011, but no. 2 is not that far-fetched, IMO. Really, our only question mark is at qb and that will either be AJ McCarron, a guy that Stoops also tried to recruit out of Mobile, AL, or Philip Sims, the no. 1 rated qb out of HS in some recruiting services from Virginia. Sims 'shirted this past season whereas AJ saw limited mop- up duty, but both are considered to be very good, even to the point that the CW here is that the one that does not win the job in the spring or in fall camp will more than likely transfer-- they're both considered to be THAT good.

Really though, preseason rankings don't mean jack--it's where you're ranked in dec./jan that's important.

Texas said the same thing last year....

Just sayin'.

landrun
1/13/2011, 12:52 PM
OU preseason #1.

I like it. We have a better shot than most to win it all next year.

Flagstaffsooner
1/13/2011, 01:07 PM
"Because I am an amoral a-hole and bought the Big XII. Blackmon and Weeden are staying on my checkbook as well. I will spend all it takes to beat OU."
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/08/0828_seniors_rock_business/image/bp366321_t_boone_pickens.jpg

cccasooner2
1/13/2011, 03:00 PM
Not sure about the fighting ladies at #14, record next season should be about the same.

AlboSooner
1/13/2011, 03:05 PM
We need to slay the sec-dragon.

oudavid1
1/13/2011, 04:00 PM
I think LSU will be the team to beat.

Soonermagik
1/13/2011, 04:05 PM
I think LSU will be the team to beat.

Agree!! They just picked up a JUCO QB who is supposed to be a stud. Plus, if they can get to the title game it's in their backyard next year. The SEC outside of LSU will be down next year.